• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I actually like this idea. Now if only it were doable.
It`s doable, it would take 4 slots (Eevee and the gen 1 evolutions) or just one slot (Vee after permanently evolving into a espion after growing a strong bond with red, a devolution if you ask me). Vee could only turn into the first three at will.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
It`s doable, it would take 4 slots (Eevee and the gen 1 evolutions) or just one slot (Vee after permanently evolving into a espion after growing a strong bond with red, a devolution if you ask me). Vee could only turn into the first three at will.

Given the nature of Vee's ability and Smash Bros. logic, I would say Vee could turn into any Eeveelution it wants. But if the case is that it can only turn into the first 3, it would be a good alternative to Pokemon Trainer's swap out.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Given the nature of Vee's ability and Smash Bros. logic, I would say Vee could turn into any Eeveelution it wants. But if the case is that it can only turn into the first 3, it would be a good alternative to Pokemon Trainer's swap out.
Eevee can't revert back to Eevee though.

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
Who the heck even are you?
A user here? Not sure what you're asking, but if you're trying to get a rise out of me it won't work.
I'm just saying, don't call people out for making stupid suggestions when you've flooded the topic with serious talk of Kafei, Jimmy T, and Missingno. And I LIKE the idea of Missingno but it doesn't seem like a realistic expectation.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Eevee can't revert back to Eevee though.

If you were paying attention to the conversation you would see the person who suggested Eevee referred to this -> http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Vee

Regardless, a lot of Smash Bros characters do things that are non-canonical to the character. Ness for instance uses PK moves that belonged another team member of his party.

Ginge

Smash Ace
Well, could it work like Samus's side taunt switching between fire and ice sets? Just Fire/Water/Electric instead?

S

Sharic X

I guess I haven't made one of those lists, huh? Well then, here goes.

Super Mario - Bowser Jr.
Donkey Kong - Dixie Kong
Warioware - Ashley
Legend of Zelda - Skull Kid/Kafei
Metroid - Dark Samus
Kid Icarus - Magnus
Kirby - Daroach
F-Zero - Samurai Goroh
Fire Emblem - Lyn
Sonic - Shadow
Metal Gear - Raiden

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
A user here? Not sure what you're asking, but if you're trying to get a rise out of me it won't work.
I'm just saying, don't call people out for making stupid suggestions when you've flooded the topic with serious talk of Kafei, Jimmy T, and Missingno. And I LIKE the idea of Missingno but it doesn't seem like a realistic expectation.

Again I say. Who the heck are you? You haven't even the right to stick your nose in and pin me to a suggestion that was actually being DISCUSSED among other people. My Kafei suggestion was far from stupid and even caught discussion among a few other users. The only issue with Kafei was his lack of importance. And Jimmy T.? People here actually LIKE that suggestion, so who the hell are you to bluntly call it stupid when it has support? Missingno. and Rawk Hawk have been my only real ridiculous suggestions I've made since I've been here. Rawk Hawk was a joke, but Missingno. was just wishful thinking.

Lastly, me calling someone out? If you were even remotely aware of where the conversation started, I was the one being called out. I responded in defense of my suggestion. Last I checked, you made previous desperate attempts to call me out just because you had the opportunity to do so. You only seem to tune in when it is a good chance to take a hit at me. Which in itself, is completely hilarious that you are wasting your time on trying to defend the opposition when the people here can defend themselves. So quit trying to play White Knight.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
This thread sure got srs for no reason.

I do wish Red's Eevee was doable without taking up 4 slots fore MORE Pokemon, because that's cool.

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
Again I say. Who the heck are you? You haven't even the right to stick your nose in and pin me to a suggestion that was actually being DISCUSSED among other people. My Kafei suggestion was far from stupid and even caught discussion among a few other users. The only issue with Kafei was his lack of importance. And Jimmy T.? People here actually LIKE that suggestion, so who the hell are you to bluntly call it stupid when it has support? Missingno. and Rawk Hawk have been my only real ridiculous suggestions I've made since I've been here. Rawk Hawk was a joke, but Missingno. was just wishful thinking.

Lastly, me calling someone out? If you were even remotely aware of where the conversation started, I was the one being called out. I responded in defense of my suggestion. Last I checked, you made previous desperate attempts to call me out just because you had the opportunity to do so. You only seem to tune in when it is a good chance to take a hit at me. Which in itself, is completely hilarious that you are wasting your time on trying to defend the opposition when the people here can defend themselves. So quit trying to play White Knight.
Well that escalated quickly. I was just teasing you about Kafei, because it's pretty objectively a ridiculous suggestion, no need to explode over it. And I can still think that an idea is stupid even if it has support, just sayain. I have no idea how anything I've posted could be interpreted as White Knighting, but I'm not carrying on this conversation any further.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Well, could it work like Samus's side taunt switching between fire and ice sets? Just Fire/Water/Electric instead?
Yeah if you could swap the models mid-game you could take only one slot.

This can be done using the method Mr. Game and Watch uses to create objects out of hammerspace alongside Samus' beam change but it a) may be way too complicated to make primarily because you're dealing with three character models or b) lag the game severely.

If you were paying attention to the conversation you would see the person who suggested Eevee referred to this -> http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Vee

Regardless, a lot of Smash Bros characters do things that are non-canonical to the character. Ness for instance uses PK moves that belonged another team member of his party.
To me, that seems a little too far fetched of a concept, and personally I'd prefer a different Pokemon, but I'm not against it. I mean if it's possible to only take one clone engines slot, then sure, but if it has to take 3 or 4 then maybe not.

S

Sharic X

To me, that seems a little too far fetched of a concept, and personally I'd prefer a different Pokemon, but I'm not against it. I mean if it's possible to only take one clone engines slot, then sure, but if it has to take 3 or 4 then maybe not.
He has a point though. Ness uses PK Star Storm for his Final Smash, and I'm pretty sure that wasn't introduced until Mother 3, where Lucas uses it.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
He has a point though. Ness uses PK Star Storm for his Final Smash, and I'm pretty sure that wasn't introduced until Mother 3, where Lucas uses it.
Yeah but Devolution was in none of the games (PMD Gates to Infinity doesn't count)

I just don't think it's possible altogether.

Ginge

Smash Ace
Just noticed another problem with Red's Eevee. Only Leafeon and Flareon appear in Brawl (as a trophy of the two of them). Eevee had a trophy in Melee, but I don't think that counts...

Oh well :p It wasn't a serious suggestion. Just a "that'd be kinda cool".

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Just noticed another problem with Red's Eevee. Only Leafeon and Flareon appear in Brawl (as a trophy of the two of them). Eevee had a trophy in Melee, but I don't think that counts...

Oh well :p It wasn't a serious suggestion. Just a "that'd be kinda cool".
I don`t think Roy was a trophy or sticker

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Well that escalated quickly. I was just teasing you about Kafei, because it's pretty objectively a ridiculous suggestion, no need to explode over it. And I can still think that an idea is stupid even if it has support, just sayain. I have no idea how anything I've posted could be interpreted as White Knighting, but I'm not carrying on this conversation any further.

I haven't the slightest clue what the point of you even replying is. Your "teasing" is becoming an annoyance, and you've went as far as to accuse me (along with Chronobound) of making a 2nd account to vote for a character on a "fan made poll" that has no direct impact on who is going to be chosen for the 5 remaining slots. You expect me not to be frustrated if even a little? I can understand some of my suggestions being flagged as ridiculous, but Kafei and Jimmy T. are not those suggestions. To be honest, I don't even want to be arguing with Splat. He seems like a reasonable fellow. The point in my response to him was merely to defend myself and that was all. And by all means, ditch the conversation and come back another day when you feel like slapping me with my Kafei suggestion. I'll be waiting.

Yeah but Devolution was in none of the games (PMD Gates to Infinity doesn't count)

I just don't think it's possible altogether.

Neither was Mewtwo's armor.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Has Lanky Kong been brought up yet in this thread? I know we spend most of our time discussing Dixie when it comes to DK, but Lanky seems like he'd provide a unique style. Heck, even Funky could be a unique hybrid of DK's strength and Snake's weapons. Now wouldn't THAT be cool.

Ginge

Smash Ace
There are a lot of unique Kong playstyles. Just a matter of how well liked they are. If only one DK character were to get a Clone Engine spot, then it would most likely be Dixie or K. Rool. Lanky.... just wasn't important enough to the overall series in comparison. Lanky would be interesting, though. Dat range on a attacks...

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I think I'm down for a Dixie + Kiddy Kong duo. If Dixie makes it into SSB4, it won't matter because Dixie + Kiddy wouldn't be "Back-porting" as they'd play completely different from solo Dixie.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Not to mention the difficulty of duo characters in general. Especially if it's not just two of the same character.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Has Lanky Kong been brought up yet in this thread? I know we spend most of our time discussing Dixie when it comes to DK, but Lanky seems like he'd provide a unique style. Heck, even Funky could be a unique hybrid of DK's strength and Snake's weapons. Now wouldn't THAT be cool.

Yeeeeaaaahhh! I love both of those ideas. : > I was talking about this before (geez, must be like 50 pages ago already XD), how I'd love Dixie, Lanky, K. Rool, Funky and even Cranky.

Funky seems like he'd be so fun. I love the idea of a DK clone with all of his A attacks, but then crazy jungle technology. Orange grenades, coconut gunz, etc, that'd be so fun. I have no idea if it'd be balanced, cause DK with a ranged game... O_O! But it'd be awesome. XD

And yeah, Lanky would be wild. I like the idea of giving him really far range and then a ton of endlag on his attacks, so he'd probably want to be really sure that he was connecting before committing. You could see him stringing together combos by doing weak, fast hits into some crazy tilts or smashes that have insane range but are guaranteed hits if his opponent doesn't DI properly. Plus his nair would be him swinging his arms around and going OPLA, and his dash attack would be him smacking his butt. XD

I've liked the idea of Cranky for a while, but after seeing the DK Tropical Freeze stuff, it's easy to imagine how he'd play, too. Using that cane like a sword but having the mobility of Diddy (probably with the run-off dash attack, too) would be awesome, and if they can make it so he can throw barrels (since he was the original barrel-throwing Kong!) it'd be perfect.

The funny thing is, the only DK character I can't clearly visualize in my head is K. Rool. I know he'd be fun, but I can't really envision what he'd be like in a Smash environment. That is to say, I can easily see Dixie, Lanky, Funky and even Cranky jumping around and beating the crap out of people, but when it gets to K. Rool there's just a mental block. (Not a knock against the character - I fully support any DK character, even ridiculous ones like Wrinkly or Banana Birds. More a knock against my own limited imagination!)

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Can we talk about Lyn? I just got shoved out of my own topic. ;-;

Yay! Yeah, don't feel bad. We've all been there. I've seen some of the most beautiful Pichu threads locked in their prime...

*cough*

So if you were making Lyn, how would you approach her? Who would you clone her from, and what would you do to make her feel unique and fun?

Ginge

Smash Ace
So if you were making Lyn, how would you approach her? Who would you clone her from, and what would you do to make her feel unique and fun?

Sonic. He's the only one with enough speed to handle becoming Lyn :awesome:

Being serious, we can't really argue for a second clone with Marth as a base, can we? They would change a lot for her, and it doesn't need to be a copied moveset (I'd actually be upset if it were since I'd feel bad that Lyn/Marth/Roy follows the spacies trio.)

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I'd be all for Lyndis if she sported her Awakening look. Her Brawl design looks bland.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion

Being serious, we can't really argue for a second clone with Marth as a base, can we?
Why not as an Ike clone? I mean her assist trophy animation looks kind of like quickdraw.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord

Being serious, we can't really argue for a second clone with Marth as a base, can we?
Unless you can't clone off of the same character twice. I mean if we couldn't do that, Ike would work too.

Keep in mind that the cloned character doesn't have to be similar in every way, only the model's bone count and the amount of projectiles need to be similar (I'm sure other factors weigh in too.)

Similar animations can be considered a bonus feature for cloning off of another character but then again, they can just be copied and pasted in Brawlbox anyway.

Also, if Lyn needs animated hair, she might have to be cloned off of Peach or Zelda. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom