• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

III
BRoomer
If [nearly] every represented series (and then some) were to receive new characters, my preferred list would be as follows:
  • Super Mario — Waluigi
  • Donkey Kong — King K. Rool
  • Yoshi's Island — Kamek
  • Warioware — Ashley
  • Legend of Zelda — Skull Kid
  • Metroid — Ridley
  • Kid Icarus — Palutena
  • Kirby — Waddle (Bandana) Dee
  • Star Fox — Krystal
  • F-Zero — Black Shadow
  • Pokémon — Darkrai
  • Fire Emblem — Lyn
  • Retro — Mach Rider
For the sake of elimination, if I were to cut down to 5 they'd be:
  1. Skull Kid
  2. Ridley
  3. Palutena
  4. Lyn
  5. Mach Rider
Hmm... Recent discussion about Lyn has swayed my favor for her. Interesting.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I actually like the idea of Bandana Dee. I played as him in Return to Dream Land (when I wasn't playing Meta Knight), and he's probably not gonna be in Smash 4.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
And give her a smoking taunt like Snake please, so her voice will make sense.
Nooooo ;_; don't do that it'd be so weird.....

Anyway I agree her voice should be changed somewhat, even tho old man would disagree (i know what's best for meh lyn xD) ;that voice actress didn't do her justice. Course it was the only option at the time.... since she was Krystal's VA.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
If [nearly] every represented series (and then some) were to receive new characters, my preferred list would be as follows:
  • Super Mario — Waluigi
  • Donkey Kong — King K. Rool
  • Yoshi's Island — Kamek
  • Warioware — Ashley
  • Legend of Zelda — Skull Kid
  • Metroid — Ridley
  • Kid Icarus — Palutena
  • Star Fox — Krystal
  • F-Zero — Black Shadow
  • Pokémon — Darkrai
  • Fire Emblem — Lyn
  • Retro — Mach Rider
For the sake of elimination, if I were to cut down to 5 they'd be:

1. Skull Kid
  2. Ridley
  3. Palutena
  4. Lyn
  5. Mach Rider
Hmm... Recent discussion about Lyn has swayed my favor for her. Interesting.
You know.. this seems like another pretty cool format to vote.

I'm making my own list based on it too.

• Super Mario — Toad
  • Donkey Kong — Dixie
  • Yoshi's Island — Birdo
  • Warioware — Ashley
  • Legend of Zelda — Impa (Oracle of Ages/Seasons)
  • Metroid — Ridley
  • Kid Icarus — Palutena
  • Star Fox — Krystal
  • F-Zero — Samurai Goroh
  • Pokémon — Pokemon Trainer (with Pokeball Pokemon to assist him)
  • Fire Emblem — Lyn
  • Mother — Ninten
  • Pikmin — (NONE)
  • Retro — Mach Rider
  • Sonic the Hedgehog — Knuckles

Kes

Smash Cadet
Super Mario - Toad
Donkey Kong - Dixie Kong
Yoshi's Island - Baby Bowser
Warioware - Ashley
Legend of Zelda - Tetra
Metroid - Ridley
Kid Icarus - Palutena
Kirby - Adeliene if she's a sticker. If not idk, Waddle Dee doesn't interest me
Star Fox - Peppy or Slippy
F-Zero - Black Shadow
Pokemon - Meowth
Fire Emblem - Lyndis (would be Anna but is not eligible)
Mother - none, haven't played
Pikmin - Louie (an Olimar clone could be interesting)
Retro - Takamaru or Little Mac

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Super Mario - Toad
Donkey Kong - Dixie Kong
Yoshi's Island - Kamek
Warioware - Ashley
Legend of Zelda - Toon Zelda
Metroid - Ridley
Kid Icarus - Palutena
Kirby - Waddle Dee (Dat spear)
Star Fox - Slippy
F-Zero - Pico
Pokemon - Pichu
Fire Emblem - Lyn
Mother - Ninten
Pikmin - Louie
Retro - Balloon Fighter

OrangeSodaGuy

Smash Journeyman
Mario- Paper Mario
Donkey Kong- Dixie
Zelda- Tingle
Metroid- Ridley
F-Zero- Samurai Goroh
Pokemon- Pichu
Fire Emblem- Lyn

I think the other franchises are good on representation, but if they get more characters and they're done well, awesome! I'm sure the PMBR will make the right decisions regardless :)

Beets

Smash Apprentice
I have only one character that I sincerely care to vote for being in Project M sometime in the future. I am perfectly happy with the ones already in, and will be glad to see those who they do decide to put in in the future, but I have only one vote and, although I have not gone through all pages of this thread personally, I have not seen any other interest in Captain Rainbow.

Captain Rainbow is a delightfully brilliant adventure game filled to the absolute brim with personality, and he looks funny and cool and enough like Captain Falcon that he would feasibly be simple enough to work into the game. Captain Rainbow is so unpopular that it is sick, and I wish it were otherwise. If Captain Rainbow were to appear in a Smash Bros. he would at least gain a few more mentions on the internet, but this is highly unlikely considering his game sold incredibly poorly for probably the only reason being the title. I could go on, but I just wanted to put in my voice real quick. I hope you as fans of Nintendo and video games will at least put Captain Rainbow on the front page voting list. Hopefully this is all that needs be said.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I have only one character that I sincerely care to vote for being in Project M sometime in the future. I am perfectly happy with the ones already in, and will be glad to see those who they do decide to put in in the future, but I have only one vote and, although I have not gone through all pages of this thread personally, I have not seen any other interest in CaptainRainbow.

Captain Rainbow is a delightfully brilliant adventure game filled to the absolute brim with personality, and he looks funny and cool and enough like Captain Falcon that he would feasibly be simple enough to work into the game. Captain Rainbow is so unpopular that it is sick, and I wish it were otherwise. If Captain Rainbow were to appear in a Smash Bros. he would at least gain a few more mentions on the internet, but this is highly unlikely considering his game sold incredibly poorly for probably the only reason being the title. I could go on, but I just wanted to put in my voice real quick. I hope you as fans of Nintendo and video games will at least put Captain Rainbow on the front page voting list. Hopefully this is all that needs be said.

Because a requirement is that the character has to have appeared in Brawl in some context. Captain Rainbow does not.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Super Mario — Toad
Donkey Kong — Dixie
Yoshi's Island — Baby Mario w/ Baby Luigi (ice climbers clone! :D)
Legend of Zelda — Tetra
Metroid — Ridley
Star Fox — Peppy
Pokémon — Pichu
Fire Emblem — Micaiah
Retro — is Takamaru in the game's files? If not, Little Mac!
Sonic ---- Tails

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Just added three more to the OP. I'm also really sick of the editing system on this forum. It messes up all the font colors every goddamn time. I'm too lazy to change it now.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Super Mario — Toad
Donkey Kong — Dixie
Yoshi's Island — Baby Mario w/ Baby Luigi (ice climbers clone! :D)
Legend of Zelda — Tetra
Metroid — Ridley
Star Fox — Peppy
Pokémon — Pichu
Fire Emblem — Micaiah
Retro — is Takamaru in the game's files? If not, Little Mac!
Sonic ---- Tails

Takamaru is indeed in the game. Now my list.~

Mario - Waluigi
Donkey Kong - Dixie
Legend of Zelda - Kafei
Pokemon - Missingno. (Because this famous thing never gets represented, and I doubt it would initiate C&D from Nintendo.)
Fire Emblem - Lyn
WarioWare - Ashley or Jimmy T. (Hard choice)
Metal Gear - Raiden
Sonic the Hedgehog - Shadow

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Just added three more to the OP. I'm also really sick of the editing system on this forum. It messes up all the font colors every goddamn time. I'm too lazy to change it now.
Just as a heads up, you've put Skull Kid in the OP twice. Hopefully just deleting content won't make you have to recolor everything again. It's odd, my post I've never had to recolor if I've edited them. Although getting the colors to show up after creating a new paragraph can be a pain sometimes (occurs often when making lists).

And now to join in on the fun:

Super Mario - Bowser Jr.
Donkey Kong - Dixie Kong
Yoshi's Island - Kamek
Warioware - Ashley
Legend of Zelda - Midna/Skull Kid
Metroid - Dark Samus
Kid Icarus - Palutena
Kirby - Chef Kawasaki (DDD with a frying pan xD)
Star Fox - Krystal
F-Zero - Black Shadow
Fire Emblem - Lyn/Micaiah
Mother - Masked Man
Sonic - Tails
Metal Gear - Liquid
Retro - Lip

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
To the people making these lists I would just like to point out that, aside from Lucario, every Pokemon representative in P:M is from the 1st Generation. I think a Pokemon newcomer from later games would be a more well-rounded choice.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
To the people making these lists I would just like to point out that, aside from Lucario, every Pokemon representative in P:M is from the 1st Generation. I think a Pokemon newcomer from later games would be a more well-rounded choice.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Just as a heads up, you've put Skull Kid in the OP twice. Hopefully just deleting content won't make you have to recolor everything again. It's odd, my post I've never had to recolor if I've edited them. Although getting the colors to show up after creating a new paragraph can be a pain sometimes (occurs often when making lists).

And now to join in on the fun:

Super Mario - Bowser Jr.
Donkey Kong - Dixie Kong
Yoshi's Island - Kamek
Warioware - Ashley
Legend of Zelda - Midna/Skull Kid
Metroid - Dark Samus
Kid Icarus - Palutena
Kirby - Chef Kawasaki (DDD with a frying pan xD)
Star Fox - Krystal
F-Zero - Black Shadow
Fire Emblem - Lyn/Micaiah
Mother - Masked Man
Sonic - Tails
Metal Gear - Liquid
Retro - Lip

The system is really stupid. Say you have a post like this

Block A

Block B

Block C

Block D

Then you introduce some formatting, and forget to close the tag..

Block A

(b)(color=green)Block B

Block C

Block D

Then it does this:

Block A

(b)(color=green)Block B(/b)(/color)

(b)(color=green)Block C(/b)(/color)

(b)(color=green)Block D(/b)(/color)

Instead of what a NORMAL person would do:

Block A

(b)(color=green)Block B

Block C

Block D(/b)(/color)

So now I'm just left with a pile of crap to fix once again. And I don't like using the normal formatted editor because it has a problem with carriage returns and formatting in quotes getting severely messed up. I swear the thing is so damn buggy either way.

splat

Smash Lord
missingno.jpg
I don't know if you're serious or just attempting to be funny, but it's just... bad.

You're vouching for a limbless, flat, L-shaped glitch from generation 1 - while replying to someone who believes we should think past generation 1.

The system is really stupid. Say you have a post like this

[...]

So now I'm just left with a pile of crap to fix once again. And I don't like using the normal formatted editor because it has a problem with carriage returns and formatting in quotes getting severely messed up. I swear the thing is so damn buggy either way.
Perhaps a silly suggestion, but maybe you could make a back-up file in Word or some other text editor, that you can copy/paste when you want to update the OP again?

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Perhaps a silly suggestion, but maybe you could make a back-up file in Word or some other text editor, that you can copy/paste when you want to update the OP again?

I should do that. Oh well. I don't plan on really updating it much anymore.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'd make a list, but I'd just end up retreading certain ground, and it doesn't make sense for me to put any Mario characters because I don't support them. I still think:

Dixie & Ridley - Include them or don't even use the slots, because their potential would be wasted

Lyn - I've been swayed to. Plus a friend of mine would flip his ****in ****. This is also literally Lyn's only chance.

Isaac - With a GS rep looking less likely each day for Smash 4, and the fact that the PMBR has discussed Isaac in the past, it seems criminal to not at SONE POINT use a clone slot on the definitive winner of the polls. All of them. It'll mean quite a bit of work for the PMBR, but it there's no timetable. Just hopes.

I'd put Pichu here, but given Pichu is at what, -44 on the poll, and would mean an 8th Pokemon AND a 2nd Pokemon clone slot, I just don't think they're going to do it. I've been wrong before however, and wouldn't be uninterested in what they could do with him.

These characters are mainly ones I don't expect for Smash 4 (Maybe Ridley), so I'm really not sure who else I'd want. Maybe the PMBR should just pick the last one themselves, but I honestly have no idea. Rosalina? Ashley? A Peach clone could be pretty easy.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
A Peach clone could be pretty easy.
A Peach clone would definitely be interesting. However, would they be able to modify the turnips? Seems unlikely to me, since it's basically an item. (then again, I have no coding knowledge whatsoever, so maybe someone can correct me)

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I don't know if you're serious or just attempting to be funny, but it's just... bad.

You're vouching for a limbless, flat, L-shaped glitch from generation 1 - while replying to someone who believes we should think past generation 1.

I thought the same thing when I saw you suggest Bandana Dee.

I understood everything the poster before me said and in no way was I ignorantly posting a Gen 1 glitch to ignore his point. I was being somewhat serious about my suggestion though. That being said, the only Pokemon we are getting that is not Gen 1 (after Lucario)....is Pichu. Any Pokemon character after him would flat out overkill.

Oh and FYI, this "limbless, blocky, L-shaped" glitch has various forms:

Take them as they are or mix and match them:

(Image by: http://kawiku.deviantart.com )

Ginge

Smash Ace
Well, you could always make a moveset for Missing No. Then put him on top of one of the Alloys ;)

He wouldn't have all the moves a normal character would have, but it also wouldn't take a spot from other characters.

splat

Smash Lord
I thought the same thing when I saw you suggest Bandana Dee.
Welp, that's a mature reaction.

I've never even truly suggested Bandana Dee (he's not even legible). I mentioned him once, in a not-so-serious reply to you when you suggested Daroach - like how I mention Tingle in similar not-so-similar replies to people suggesting silly Zelda characters.

I understood everything the poster before me said and in no way was I ignorantly posting a Gen 1 glitch to ignore his point. I was being somewhat serious about my suggestion though.
Missingno does not appear in Brawl in any shape or form (or in any official Nintendo material whatsoever); you can stop being serious about this suggestion.

That being said, the only Pokemon we are getting that is not Gen 1 (after Lucario)....is Pichu. Any Pokemon character after him would flat out overkill.
So why suggest it?

Oh and FYI, this "limbless, blocky, L-shaped" glitch has various forms:
Yet no-one will recognize the latter three as missingno. In order: Marowak's ghost, Aerodactyl's skeleton and Kabutops's skeleton.

Everyone who's familiar with Missingno will think of the L-block when he's mentioned.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Well, you could always make a moveset for Missing No. Then put him on top of one of the Alloys ;)

He wouldn't have all the moves a normal character would have, but it also wouldn't take a spot from other characters.

..or a boss, stage prop, or Pokeball Assist. While your suggestion may sound like an alternative, it is dismissing my suggestion. You could honestly do the same thing you are suggesting with any character. Missingno. or not, it doesn't make sense to change an Alloy.

And as far as "taking a spot" is concerned, that can be said about ANY Pokemon suggestion at this point. Chances are that we are getting Pichu. So regardless of my Missingno. suggestion, we are likely to lose a slot to an 8th Pokemon.

Ginge

Smash Ace
I wasn't trying to be dismissive. I just honestly wouldn't be able to really think up a FULL moveset for Missing No. and would put him together with the idea of the Sandbag playable character.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Welp, that's a mature reaction.
No more mature than when you replied the way you did.

I've never even truly suggested Bandana Dee (he's not even legible). I mentioned him once, in a not-so-serious reply to you when you suggested Daroach - like how I mention Tingle in similar not-so-similar replies to people suggesting silly Zelda characters.
He is plenty eligible since he is referred to in his game as "Waddle Dee". He is the same character. But that doesn't make the suggestion any less pointless.

Missingno does not appear in Brawl in any shape or form (or in any official Nintendo material whatsoever); you can stop being serious about this suggestion.
This rule only exists to avoid C&D. Do you really think Nintendo is going to C&D the pants off someone for using an accidental coding error?

So why suggest it?
Because I'd rather not have Pichu. Don't question my taste.

Yet no-one will recognize the latter three as missingno. In order: Marowak's ghost, Aerodactyl's skeleton and Kabutops's skeleton.

Everyone who's familiar with Missingno will think of the L-block when he's mentioned.

The majority of people who voted Sukapon have never played his game, nor recognize the character.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Whoa people are actually talking about MissingNo. I know it's in jest, but still.

What about a Pokémon from past gen 1? Pichu would technically count, but let's pretend he's not likely and discuss others. What about Absol? He could be cloned from Ivysaur (for being another quadruped) and represent a heroic Dark type to the series.

Though, seeing that Pichu has the likeliest return out of all other Pokémon, this is just wishful thinking...

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Whoa people are actually talking about MissingNo. I know it's in jest, but still.

What about a Pokémon from past gen 1? Pichu would technically count, but let's pretend he's not likely and discuss others. What about Absol? He could be cloned from Ivysaur (for being another quadruped) and represent a heroic Dark type to the series.

Though, seeing that Pichu has the likeliest return out of all other Pokémon, this is just wishful thinking...

I actually am not jesting. My taste is abnormal. But that aside, I would be for Plusle and Minum to be in opposition of Pichu.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I wasn't trying to be dismissive. I just honestly wouldn't be able to really think up a FULL moveset for Missing No. and would put him together with the idea of the Sandbag playable character.

His movepool from Pokemon is as follows:

Generation I
Other generations:
None

TM Move Type Power Accuracy PP
TM01 Mega Punch Normal 80 85% 20
TM02 Razor Wind Normal 80 75% 10
TM03 Swords Dance Normal — —% 30
TM05 Mega Kick Normal 120 75% 5
TM06 Toxic Poison — 85% 10
TM09 Take Down Normal 90 85% 20
TM10 Double-Edge Normal 100 100% 15
TM11 BubbleBeam Water 65 100% 20
TM13 Ice Beam Ice 95 100% 10
TM14 Blizzard Ice 120 90% 5
TM17 Submission Fighting 80 80% 25
TM19 Seismic Toss Fighting — 100% 20
TM20 Rage Normal 20 100% 20
TM25 Thunder Electric 120 70% 10
TM26 Earthquake Ground 100 100% 10
TM27 Fissure Ground — 30% 5
TM29 Psychic Psychic 90 100% 10
TM30 Teleport Psychic — —% 20
TM43 Sky Attack Flying 140 90% 5
TM44 Rest Psychic — —% 10
TM45 Thunder Wave Electric — 100% 20
TM49 Tri Attack Normal 80 100% 10
TM50 Substitute Normal — —% 10
HM01 Cut Normal 50 95% 30
HM02 Fly Flying 70 95% 15

• Bold indicates a move that gets STAB when used by Missingno.
  • Italic indicates a move that gets STAB only when used by an evolution of Missingno

A blessing and a curse.
Not sure what you're trying to say, but I tend to enjoy "scraping at the bottom of the pot" for characters. You never know when you might find a little more savory leftovers.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Not sure what you're trying to say, but I tend to enjoy "scraping at the bottom of the pot" for characters. You never know when you might find a little more savory leftovers.
What I was trying to say was you have a very open mind too what possibilities are out there, but sometimes the things you suggest are a little.... too out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom