• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I agree and it would be a shame not have him + they could redesign him to make him have his Hero shield.
are you obsessed with the Hero`s Shield or something? It`s like the first thing you talk about everytime someone mentions Young Link. jkjk
Regret?...That is rather insulting..
I would follow (EDIT: Watch you, because that doesn`t sound creepy at all. Well..... doesn`t sound any more stalkerish then "following you" i guess) you on DA, but I don`t care for the majority of the content on that site so I haven`t made a account yet.

Mudkip97

Smash Apprentice
are you obsessed with the Hero`s Shield or something? It`s like the first thing you talk about everytime someone mentions Young Link. jkjk.

Obsessed?...no.

I said it because for some reason Melee used all of Young Link's primitive gear. Plus i don't know why but other than his flaming arrows he was just the Oot version of himself rather than the more recent (back in those years) MM look.

Ginge

Smash Ace
I think we've had all the discussion to be had about Young Link. We have two sides: "He won't be in it" and ".... but it'd be cool...and odd if he's the only clone to not come back".

Ginge

Smash Ace
"He won't be in it"

Moving on. So if we were to give Isaac a stage (possibly the one I suggested, or something else), what stages could go to the other top suggested clones? I mean, if a Metroid character is chosen, we already have multiple Metroid stages for one character, so they won't really need to add more. Maybe overwrite one with a new Metroid stage.

*IF* they add in Lyn, we'd have 4 Fire Emblem characters with only 1 Fire Emblem stage. And it's one that players generally have issues with as it is. Would Lyn come with a deserved extra Fire Emblem stage?

And if we get Baby Bowser, would anyone be for a Bowser's Castle stage?

Mudkip97

Smash Apprentice
"He won't be in it"

Moving on. So if we were to give Isaac a stage (possibly the one I suggested, or something else), what stages could go to the other top suggested clones? I mean, if a Metroid character is chosen, we already have multiple Metroid stages for one character, so they won't really need to add more. Maybe overwrite one with a new Metroid stage.

*IF* they add in Lyn, we'd have 4 Fire Emblem characters with only 1 Fire Emblem stage. And it's one that players generally have issues with as it is. Would Lyn come with a deserved extra Fire Emblem stage?

And if we get Baby Bowser, would anyone be for a Bowser's Castle stage?

What about Krystal?

Mudkip97

Smash Apprentice
I mean her acrobatic skills would be like fox and she would use her staff, blaster and assault guns for moves.

Ginge

Smash Ace
Krystal... we already have multiple Star Fox stages. Don't know what type of level to use. Never really got into that series so I'm not the person to ask. But looking at the polls, she's almost as "well" liked as the Sonic characters....

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
IMO, they should add another FE stage regardless. Heck, I'd even be okay with them splitting up Castle Siege (if that's possible) so that the top part with the towers is one level, and the fire part that tilts up and down is another. Both of those are interesting layouts, but I almost never play that stage because of the transition. I wonder - that Super Mario Bros level had a normal dessert path, and then an underground path, and you could choose between them based on what you hold. Do you think the FE level could do the same thing, and let you pick between "on the castle" and "above the lava"?

Also, that lava part works as a Bowser level. XD That said, I'd love Bowser's castle. I've wanted that stage since Melee! It's too classic not to add. : >

It's the same problem Frigate Orpheon has. Cool stage, but the transition messes it up.

What about Krystal?
I like her, but I think I'd rather have Peppy. My spacie tier list is basically Peppy - > Slippy - > Krystal ---- > anyone else.

Ginge

Smash Ace
I think picking between the two stages by holding down a button / randomly picking one of the stages if you don't could be nice for the Castle Siege stage. I'd rather that over transitions any day.

The lava part reminded me a lot of:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
"He won't be in it"

Dude,

"AKANEIA"

Also, why isn't there a stage discussion thread?

Araki

Smash Rookie
After lurking for a long time I finally decided to make an account to vote!

+1: Ridley - no reason to not have the main villain of metroid
+1: Waluigi - I noticed that he's pretty disliked, but that one PSA of him is cool and he'd fit right in with the rest of the cast.
+1: Andy - I love srpgs, and advance wars would be a neat series to have a character. Not sure how he'd work, but it would be great to see him included.
+1: Claus/MM - I really like the ideas through the thread of a PSI character clone. Didn't play Mother 3, but Earthbound was great and one of my favorites.
+1: Toad - I don't see him ever being in a main smash game, but he could work. I liked the idea on the first post about him being a mario clone, and maybe using other power ups from the series.

1/2: Sukapon - never herd of him before this thread, but he could be cool as a "wtf" character for PM.
1/2: Paper Mario - I played the N64 game it was pretty good, I imagine he'd be a pain to include with the partners but it would be fun, just not sure if they'd take the time to do it.

-1: Saki - This might not be a popular opinion, but I really dislike the character. I'm sure the project M group could do a good job, but I also don't like the type of playstyle I'd see him having.
-1: Dark Samus - Not that it wouldn't work, but I'd much rather have Ridley.
-1: Shadow - Don't like the idea of including him if it's gonna be a sonic clone.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
-1: Shadow - Don't like the idea of including him if it's gonna be a sonic clone.
You do realize that all of the CLONE Engine characters are going to be CLONES right? I myself am not for adding in Shadow but that`s a pretty bad reason to not want him.

Shin F.

Smash Master
You do realize that all of the CLONE Engine characters are going to be CLONES right? I myself am not for adding in Shadow but that`s a pretty bad reason to not want him.
I thought he downvoted him because he specifically didn't want a Sonic clone... since he mentioned Masked Man being a PSI clone and Toad being a Mario clone.

Ginge

Smash Ace
But they also said that they can essentially make a character from scratch as well. It would just be a lot more work.

Honestly, I'd be pretty excited if they did manage a working Dixie. Mewtwo showed they're capable of adding bone structure. And it would be nice to have a mix of the DK and Diddy movesets :D

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice

Fire Emblem probably already deserves a new stage as it is.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
What about Krystal?
If we get a new spacie, it SHOULD be Slippy, but I doubt with the limited space we will, with such popular and cool characters like Isaac, Ridley, Lyn, and Dixie. And also Pichu, can't forget about Pichu. With those options it makes it hard to find a place for a Spacie without missing out on those other guys. As much as Slippy's my bro, sometimes you have to admit defeat. I still hold out hope, but y'know.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I really wish the space wasn't limited...in a couple years we could have like 10 extra characters if they wanted to do all that work.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I really wish the space wasn't limited...in a couple years we could have like 10 extra characters if they wanted to do all that work.
Just be glad that the Clone Engine works at all. This thing has been the holy grail of Brawl Hacking since the beginning, and no one ever thought it would work until PMBR did it.

Kes

Smash Cadet
I'd like a Bowser Castle stage regardless of if we get Baby Bowser/Bowser Jr as a Bowser clone or not.

I agree for Slippy (or Peppy) before Krystal also.

For Fire Emblem, make Radiant Dawn's 3-13 chapter map into a stage, complete with 3-13 Archer kicking butt in the background or something.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
I have dreams every night that the Clone Engine has been opened up to have no limit whatsoever, and Brawl modding basically becomes MUGEN, where anyone can make a character and then you pick and choose your roster buffet style.

Then I wake up and realize I'm still living in a dream, one where the Clone Engine exists and Roy and Mewtwo are back. : D

And then I wake up again and I'm in bed with Bowser and he goes AHHHH!!!!!!!

Shin F.

Smash Master
They could but they wouldn`t have any special moves or be able to pick up items.
Or have a Final Smash... or have more than one costume... The alloy's files are very tiny so you can have 5 at once in Multi-Man Brawl, and you can't exceed the original filesize by much if you want to keep the game from freezing.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Interesting.... are there any characters that that would fit their style / could pull that off with flair?
Well let`s check the list
-No special moves
-No Final Smash
-Only one costume
-Can`t pick up items
-Can`t have voices

Nope, nobody comes to mind who fits that description.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah I'd say a new FE stage is in order anyway.

I mean, we have 3 ****ing Metroid stages and two Metroid characters. Even if we get Ridley, that's 3:3 stages:characters, whereas FE is 1:3 (and potentially 4 given Lyn's popularity.)

Even with Dixie, we'd be good on DK stages. I'd love to see the PMBR's take on a Golden Sun stage though!

Kes

Smash Cadet
If I think of someone amongst Brawl's stickers and trophies who could work well like that, I'll post it. Sounds like an interesting addition to me if done well. Like how PSA gave Waluigi laugh it off since he can't grab. I think it'd be cool to see a character made viable using restrictions on the normal moveset, restrictions lile the alloy slots have.

Sandbag does fit as mentioned, and I've seen people make movesets for him before. I think he'd make a better koke character than Pichu anyway, but I'll still keep an eye out for someone else.

Mudkip97

Smash Apprentice
Krystal... we already have multiple Star Fox stages. Don't know what type of level to use. Never really got into that series so I'm not the person to ask. But looking at the polls, she's almost as "well" liked as the Sonic characters....

They could make a stage based of Star Fox Adventures. It's never been done before but it would still be great.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Yeah I'd say a new FE stage is in order anyway.

I mean, we have 3 ****ing Metroid stages and two Metroid characters. Even if we get Ridley, that's 3:3 stages:characters, whereas FE is 1:3 (and potentially 4 given Lyn's popularity.)

Even with Dixie, we'd be good on DK stages. I'd love to see the PMBR's take on a Golden Sun stage though!
http://supersmashbros4.tumblr.com/post/46557893503/new-stage-secret-fire-emblem-awakening

Always wanted this stage for an FE stage

Ginge

Smash Ace
I feel like we should make a separate thread for stage discussions. Maybe migrate some of our posts about it (Golden Sun stage, Fire Emblem changes) over there via quotes / copy pastes. Anyone feel like setting it up?

Bazkip

Smash Master
Oh well, was gonna say something about stages but I guess I'll hold on until that thread comes up.
Anywho, votes

Full:
Isaac
Black Shadow/Ganondorf
Paper Mario

Partial:
Bowser Jr.
Waluigi

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
'Cept Sandbag :awesome:
You're begging for me to repost that moveset... :troll:

Anyways, I would like to mention that Starfy is not hard to animate. Even with the primitive assist trophy model in Brawlbox, he's basically fully functional and would take about the same amount of effort as Mewtwo would to animate (or perhaps slightly more due to needing certain properties on his model similar to Mr. Game and Watch in order to make certain animations accurate. If you want me to elaborate on this, let me know.)

I don't think Starfy should be removed from the polls for this very reason. Starfy has a ton of character potential, represents another series and is well deserving of a clone engine slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom