• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Guys...

What about a full Ganon? Replace Ganondorf's Final Smash with a more traditional Ganon—a full character—that can be selected via "R" like Giga Bowser. He could wield the Trident, summon flaming keese, shoot his lightning sphere, etc, etc.

Ganon is a more recurring Legend of Zelda villain than Ganondorf, having appeared as a boss in 8 titles, versus Ganondorf's 3.

Ginge

Smash Ace
Guys...

What about a full Ganon? Replace Ganondorf's Final Smash with a more traditional Ganon—a full character—that can be selected via "R" like Giga Bowser. He could wield the Trident, summon flaming keese, shoot his lightning sphere, etc, etc.
Well, one of the suggestions (that is pretty well liked in the polls) is replace Ganon with a different character skin, then make a true to form Ganon from scratch.

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
Guys...

Ganon is a more recurring Legend of Zelda villain than Ganondorf, having appeared as a boss in 8 titles, versus Ganondorf's 3.
Hold on, what do you mean by "can be selected via "R" like Giga Bowser"? Is this a thing in Project M that I don't know about??

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well, one of the suggestions (that is pretty well liked in the polls) is replace Ganon with a different character skin, then make a true to form Ganon from scratch.
I am aware of the Ganondorf / Black Shadow split, which is fantastic and I wholeheartedly support it—but Ganon.

Even if we leant Ganondorf's moveset to Black Shadow, I don't think Ganondorf would get axed in favor of his true form, Ganon. Ganondorf would probably receive a new moveset based on both his and Ganon's capabilities from across the series. I just feel the big pig deserves the limelight. No complaints, the Ganondorf / Black Shadow split is a genius win-win as we'd get two for the price of one.

Not to be a Zelda miser, but I'd love to see Ganondorf get a new moveset, a full Ganon transformation, and Skull Kid + Majora's Mask. Oh well!

Ginge

Smash Ace
It's kinda fun starting as Giga Bowser, but they dropped his usefulness a lot, even as a Final Smash. I'd wager Giga is not competition legal, though :p

Shin F.

Smash Master
I am aware of the Ganondorf / Black Shadow split, which is fantastic and I wholeheartedly support it—but Ganon.

Even if we leant Ganondorf's moveset to Black Shadow, I don't think Ganondorf would get axed in favor of his true form, Ganon. Ganondorf would probably receive a new moveset based on both his and Ganon's capabilities from across the series. I just feel the big pig deserves the limelight. No complaints, the Ganondorf / Black Shadow split is a genius win-win as we'd get two for the price of one.

Not to be a Zelda miser, but I'd love to see Ganondorf get a new moveset, a full Ganon transformation, and Skull Kid + Majora's Mask. Oh well!
And Vaati, don't forget him :)

Spire

III
BRoomer
Vaati appears as neither a trophy or sticker, so he's not viable. I don't know where Ganon stands. He appears in his Twilight Princess form as both a FS and a trophy, so the property exists in Brawl—but I don't know if that includes all of his appearances throughout the series (particularly those preceding TP). I know the PMBR are not as strict with Alt Costumes as they are new characters, so if Ganon were adapted into a new character, could the Alt Costume rule be applied and he reverse-engineered to appear as his classic appearance, which, to reiterate, is not currently represented in Brawl?

Shin F.

Smash Master
Vaati appears as neither a trophy or sticker, so he's not viable. I don't know where Ganon stands. He appears in his Twilight Princess form as both a FS and a trophy, so the property exists in Brawl—but I don't know if that includes all of his appearances throughout the series (particularly those preceding TP). I know the PMBR are not as strict with Alt Costumes as they are new characters, so if Ganon were adapted into a new character, could the Alt Costume rule be applied and he reverse-engineered to appear as his classic appearance, which, to reiterate, is not currently represented in Brawl?
I know about Vaati not being eligible, I was joking about the whole 'fill them all with Zelda' thing XD

Ganon is Ganon no matter how he appears, IMO, since it's still the same character.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Vaati's lack of appearance is unfortunate, because he'd be a top contender for cloning no doubt. At least we have Skull Kid. We gotta get that train screaming down the tracks—Skull Kid has GOT to have a chance.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I know it is just that I did not expect someone to be winning by that much

Ginge

Smash Ace
Isaac is pretty unanimously liked, the series isn't represented by a character so there's no over-saturation complaints like Pokémon, and would be a nice addition to the roster. Sometimes not having any NEGATIVES to your character is better than having a lot of positives.

Not to mention the fan support for wanting him to have already been a playable character in an official Smash Bros game.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Isaac is pretty unanimously liked, the series isn't represented by a character so there's no over-saturation complaints like Pokémon, and would be a nice addition to the roster. Sometimes not having any NEGATIVES to your character is better than having a lot of positives.

Not to mention the fan support for wanting him to have already been a playable character in an official Smash Bros game.
I think the only people who ever downvoted him did so because they didn't think making him a clone would do him justice... which isn't a good reason since PMBR are badasses. Just look at Mewtwo.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Too hard to animate
Really? It seems he'd almost be able to take most of his animations from Kirby. I haven't played any of the Starfy games (I mentioned him because I was browsing SSBB's trophies,) but does he have any particularly difficult things about him to incorporate in his character besides animating his body?

Guys...

I love this idea to death. I've always wanted a Pig Ganon in Brawl and continually searched the vault for one to put over Bowser.

Ginge

Smash Ace
..... I hate you. It's so frustrating making the Assist Trophy you want show up... Even in training mode.

EDIT: Yes, it appears it is "I'll handle this". Sorry for the mistake.

EDIT 2: Actually, it is one of the two chosen at Random. So we get a free extra audio file :p

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I like how my game sort of detects which are my favorite ATs because most of the time I get Little Mac and Saki. :D Isaac also shows up a lot too, which is awesome.

Ondo

Smash Apprentice
My votes:

+1
Lyn
Black Shadow/Ganondorf
Dark Samus

+1/2
Ridley (I'd be happy to see both Ridley and Dark Samus.)
Isaac
Sami
Masked Man
Toad
Pokemon Trainer

Another character idea I'll throw out: Zelda, from a hypothetical game where she's the protagonist. Ideally from Clockwork Empire, which is where I got the idea.

Animations could possibly be borrowed from Link and Zelda. Not sure what the moveset would be like; the idea only works if someone is inspired to come up with a really good one.

Ginge

Smash Ace
The game trolls me by giving me Resetti. Then saying "Sorry, have a Shadow next". Only to give me Resetti again....

EDIT:
Another character idea I'll throw out: Zelda, from a hypothetical game where she's the protagonist. Ideally from Clockwork Empire, which is where I got the idea.

Animations could possibly be borrowed from Link and Zelda. Not sure what the moveset would be like; the idea only works if someone is inspired to come up with a really good one.
The problem with this is we already have Zelda as a character, and an official character with Magic+Swords would be more likely to be chosen. Also, this hypothetical Zelda heroine doesn't exist in Brawl as a sticker or trophy, so I believe she's disqualified to begin with.

Shin F.

Smash Master
The problem with this is we already have Zelda as a character, and an official character with Magic+Swords would be more likely to be chosen. Also, this hypothetical Zelda heroine doesn't exist in Brawl as a sticker or trophy, so I believe she's disqualified to begin with.

Well, Zelda's still Zelda, but I seriously doubt PMBR want to add what amounts to a fan fiction to PM. They want Project M to be as much like an official Smash game as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom