• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Hmmm. I looked him up, and it seems he has the moveset potential at the very least. Being a wrestler, he could bring something to the table that other characters wouldn't. I like how the trivia section in one of the pages says he's a possible parody of The Rock (Rawk), so kudos to him for that.

Overall, I'm neutral over him. He doesn't interest me all that much, but I don't dislike him. The biggest strike against him is that (from my impressions from reading wiki entries, so I could be wrong) there are Paper Mario characters that are more important and recognizable - ones that even someone who hasn't played the games (like me) would recognize regardless of that fact, like Vivian or even Paper Mario himself.

This must happen.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Hmmm. I looked him up, and it seems he has the moveset potential at the very least. Being a wrestler, he could bring something to the table that other characters wouldn't. I like how the trivia section in one of the pages says he's a possible parody of The Rock (Rawk), so kudos to him for that.

Overall, I'm neutral over him. He doesn't interest me all that much, but I don't dislike him. The biggest strike against him is that (from my impressions from reading wiki entries, so I could be wrong) there are Paper Mario characters that are more important and recognizable - ones that even someone who hasn't played the games (like me) would recognize regardless of that fact, like Vivian or even Paper Mario himself.

This must happen.

I love Vivian honestly~ but I'm not so sure how the crowd would feel about her.

And as for Jimmy T......
You've convinced me.
I think I found my character.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I love Vivian honestly~ but I'm not so sure how the crowd would feel about her.

And as for Jimmy T......

I think I found my character.
Vivian was without a doubt the best party member in TTYD. (Except maybe the Yoshi kid.) Still, adding her without adding, y'know, Paper Mario himself feels a little strange to me.

Jimmy T. transcends all. :awesome:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Vivian is another birdo :awesome:

Anyway its time to FEEEEL THE RAWWWWWWWWWWK

yes IS should take over Paper mario again, TTYD is still something i replay even to this day. anyway i'm neutral for rawk hawk. don't think people would buy it.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Vivian was without a doubt the best party member in TTYD. (Except maybe the Yoshi kid.) Still, adding her without adding, y'know, Paper Mario himself feels a little strange to me.

Jimmy T. transcends all. :awesome:

This reminds me of another character who should've been in brawl from the very start......its a shame too because he isn't a trophy, sticker, or cameo of any sort.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
But we don't have a Birdo... :(
In the Japanese version of TTYD, Vivian was transgender, I believe, which is what I presume Zero2570 means. All mention of this was of course cut from the American version because we can't handle that over here. :rolleyes:

Shin F.

Smash Master
This reminds me of another character who should've been in brawl from the very start......its a shame too because he isn't a trophy, sticker, or cameo of any sort.
I smell a Jimmy T. alt costume.
In the Japanese version of TTYD, Vivian was transgender, I believe, which is what I presume Zero2570 means. All mention of this was of course cut from the American version because we can't handle that over here. :rolleyes:
I know, but we don't have a Birdo in Brawl...
Actually, would anyone be opposed to him/her being a Yoshi clone? Change Egg Lay to Egg Spit, and you have the makings right there.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I smell a Jimmy T. alt costume.

Actually, would anyone be opposed to him/her being a Yoshi clone? Change Egg Lay to Egg Spit, and you have the makings right there.

I would be very opposed. She/He is not Jimmy T. And we must be on the same wavelength. I thought the same thing about his alt costume.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I would be, for the same reasons that I'm opposed to Waluigi. Plus, the P:MBR has a lot of trouble with making Yoshi work, I believe, so I dunno how doable a clone would be.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I know it's sacrilege, but I like the original more than TTYD.
Thats cool, for me its TTYD, 64, Wii, and sticker star does not exist.

Seriously though intelligent systems should go back to the TTYD route, I still don't know why they did what they did with that 3ds one.....

@ Shin: Rawk hawk doesn't play like a yoshi clone, he's more of a wrestler/in your face kinda guy. Same with Vivian, she's more about the Fire.

As for Jimmy T, I can see him attacking with his sweet dance moves.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I would be, for the same reasons that I'm opposed to Waluigi. Plus, the P:MBR has a lot of trouble with making Yoshi work, I believe, so I dunno how doable a clone would be.
Ah, good points. Well, I suppose it's a good thing I have zero attachment to Birdo :p
And we must be on the same wavelength. I thought the same thing about his alt costume.
It's the 'fro. It makes us all think as one.

@ Shin: Rawk hawk doesn't play like a yoshi clone, he's more of a wrestler/in your face kinda guy.
I was talking about Birdo XD

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
I'd definitely prefer Paper Mario over Rawk, as great as that level was in TTYD, PM is more recognizable of the two of them.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Thats cool, for me its TTYD, 64, Wii, and sticker star does not exist.
I actually like Super Paper Mario a lot! It's just not a Paper Mario game. However, I'd love for them to make other Super Paper Mario games at some point.

I'd definitely prefer Paper Mario over Rawk, as great as that level was in TTYD, PM is more recognizable of the two of them.
I forget, do you support Paper Mario?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Yesterday I wanted to post something, but the page collapsed and I couldn't as much as I tried... So here goes.

After experiencing first hand P:M 3.0, I can say that just about ANYTHING they add at this point will only increase perfection.
I'm having a blast with the game. It's only a shame I have nobody to play it with (yeah, sure, online. Good luck finding anyone else near my region willing to play it). But the game is AMAZING.
I'm already dead set on maining Roy (who's apparently easy to pick and get good with) and Pika. And see how far I get with Samus.

Now, the idea of any additional character added to the mix is just mindblowing... So I've decided to become a good sport because the game is just THAT awesome, and whatever comes our way, I'll happy welcome it.

Also: Pichu DETECTED! :D Time to rejoice I guess? :)

.. still a little iffy solely about the blackondorf issue... but not as bad as before because the game is still a modding masterpiece

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I actually like Super Paper Mario a lot! It's just not a Paper Mario game. However, I'd love for them to make other Super Paper Mario games at some point.
Either one of the 3 is fine with me, just hope they don't do that sticker star thing again.... no exp? lol what's the point of the game? :dizzy:

Anyway glad to hear shinned is enjoying 3.0 :D

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Yesterday I wanted to post something, but the page collapsed and I couldn't as much as I tried... So here goes.

After experiencing first hand P:M 3.0, I can say that just about ANYTHING they add at this point will only increase perfection.
I'm having a blast with the game. It's only a shame I have nobody to play it with (yeah, sure, online. Good luck finding anyone else near my region willing to play it). But the game is AMAZING.
I'm already dead set on maining Roy (who's apparently easy to pick and get good with) and Pika. And see how far I get with Samus.

Now, the idea of any additional character added to the mix is just mindblowing... So I've decided to become a good sport because the game is just THAT awesome, and whatever comes our way, I'll happy welcome it.

Also: Pichu DETECTED! :D Time to rejoice I guess? :)

.. still a little iffy solely about the blackondorf issue... but not as bad as before because the game is still a modding masterpiece

All aboard the JIMMY T. TRAIN~!

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice

I forget, do you support Paper Mario?
Definitely! I don't remember if I voted for him or not, I remember considering whether or not he had a chance, but I'd love to see him in this. Probably my third most wanted behind Ridley and Masked Man.

EDIT: I looked up my vote post, I full voted Paper Mario!

As it stands my personal hype scale would probably be:

Ridley
Masked Man
Paper Mario
Isaac
Black Shadow/Ganondorf

(Which were my 5 up votes)

Sukapon
K. Rool
Waluigi (yeah I'm one of THOSE)

Then waaaaay at the bottom lie Lyn and Dark Samus (Purely because it competes indirectly with Ridley), then there's the Kafei tier housing Kafei and pretty much any 3rd party character.

If Geno were eligible he'd be way up there though. At least I'll always have the excellent Geno mod!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I actually have always wanted Jimmy T as a playable character in Smash since his inception. Cloned from...who though? Luigi?

Dance-based movesets are something we don't have yet. I'm totally ****ing game as long as there's some live for Metroid and DKC. Hell yeah.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I actually have always wanted Jimmy T as a playable character in Smash since his inception. Cloned from...who though? Luigi?

Dance-based movesets are something we don't have yet. I'm totally ****ing game as long as there's some live for Metroid and DKC. Hell yeah.
Luigi could work. Also, he could have Wario's Vanilla Down Smash.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
it should NOT matter how much representation there is. I honestly do not want to hear it.
it should NOT matter how much representation there is.
it should NOT matter how much representation there is.
HOW MANY TIMES DOES THIS HAVE TO BE MENTIONED BEFORE EVERYONE GETS IT?!? THE NUMBER OF REPRESENTATIVES PER SERIES SHOULD NOT MATTER AT ALL. THIS IS A MOD PROJECT, NOT THE NEXT INSTALLMENT IN THE SERIES.

Just sayin.

I think what really should matter is what series has more characters that are fit for Smash Bros, have good move set potential and would bring uniqueness to the game (not saying 1:1 clones are out of the question.)

*cough cough* Pichu doesn't have to be the only Pokemon character in the clone engine *cough cough*

*cough* Same goes for Roy, Lyn/Hector fans. *cough*

EDIT: OMG JIMMY T YES

EDIT 2: Yeah I meant to post this two pages ago but I got preoccupied with other stuff. Sorry if it's out of the blue.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Quick! We've gotta hype up Jimmy to Ridley/Isaac (and on my list K. ROOL) levels, so the PMBR notice! Gah! I know just the thing!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H2MO_4iCgEg&desktop_uri=/watch?v=H2MO_4iCgEg

That ****ing song.

Edit: and on that whole "representatives" thing. While it should be more important what they could add, it should also be a good idea to at least try to spread the love, for series fans consistently think needs more reps than those that don't like Pokenob.

Even if the PMBR were to add Zoroark (impossible, but bear with me), I'd be more hyped about Ridley, Isaac, Dixie, Claus, or Black Shadow, because series that I've always felt needed more or certain characters finally get them.

Honestly I think that's important, and ill bet the PMBR knows that.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
So by the time they finish Jimmy T. they could work on his clone. Jimmy P.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
^ Jimmy P would be an amazing alt color. Gold Afro all day.

No lie though, I'd main Jimmy T harder than any character that could add, even K. Roodley.

Seriously though. Dance character hype train.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
HOW MANY TIMES DOES THIS HAVE TO BE MENTIONED BEFORE EVERYONE GETS IT?!? THE NUMBER OF REPRESENTATIVES PER SERIES SHOULD NOT MATTER AT ALL. THIS IS A MOD PROJECT, NOT THE NEXT INSTALLMENT IN THE SERIES.

Just sayin.

I think what really should matter is what series has more characters that are fit for Smash Bros, have good move set potential and would bring uniqueness to the game (not saying 1:1 clones are out of the question.)

*cough cough* Pichu doesn't have to be the only Pokemon character in the clone engine *cough cough*

*cough* Same goes for Roy, Lyn/Hector fans. *cough*

EDIT: OMG JIMMY T YES

EDIT 2: Yeah I meant to post this two pages ago but I got preoccupied with other stuff. Sorry if it's out of the blue.

And like I've said before, the anti-representation argument is just as bull****. This is a mod project of a game that IS based on representing series. It's a game based on BRINGING MAJOR NINTENDO CHARACTERS TO PLAY AGAINST EACH OTHER FROM ITS INCEPTION. There is no rule to abide by that in this mod, but there is also no rule against it. To throw out any semblance of trying to keep the game in its all-star spirit and to flame those who have that mindset is to **** on the culture that has been the heart of the game and its fanbase since the beginning. It also wouldn't fit with the professionalism that the mod has been trying to be consistent with. Don't be so close-minded, all of you.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Ridley doesn't look that bad here.........model-wise (I think he's like the same size as he was shown in the melee intro, If i'm correct)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH8EMWfxMTQ

That one is INSANELY good! Holy ****!

If someone can just make that, the PMBR can take that and run wild. Ill also add to my earlier post that Ridley is super easy to base on Charizard. Their movesets would be very similar in function: Claws, Wings and Ph1r3!

Seriously though; with all those PSA's out there, how could they NOT want to give Ridley a go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom