• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

PingPongCop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bottlecapn
3DS FC
2938-8474-3044
Rayman... Rayman...

Rayman > Gematsu leak characters

Please sakurai stop with your mind games and tell us its Rayman!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Im'ma play Super Princess Peach for the time being. :4peach:

Because I downloaded that yesterday. :I

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Wait a minute.... Ray Man

Sal Romano
Ray Romano
Ray Man.

It is happening.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

I feel kind of mean for hoping that it isn't Shulk because I know that there are people who want him.
I don't. I want Shulk too but I really hope it's not him getting revealed today. Just to shut everyone up about this "100% correct" Gematsu leak.
I mean seriously? Everyone and their dog was already expecting it to be Shulk because of the retweets. But then Sal comes here and says it'll be Shulk, so all of a sudden it's 'confirmed', as if Sakurai himself told us?!

I'm not trying to be mean, I just have a big problem with people passing things along as facts when, until Sakurai reveals it himself, it's not a fact.

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
Whoa whoa how is the "IT'S PROBABLY RAYMAN NOW" gun getting jumped just because of a trophy.. @_@

(hell I'd want him less than ridley/K.rool and I'm still unsure why so many people want those two other than wanting more villains.)

But no seriously I'd totally be cool not having a custom robo game for another 5 years if somehow RAY gets lil mac treatment, he wasn't confirmed as an assist trophy was he? <_>;; But ehn I hate straw gasping.

Last edited:

Gusto

Smash Cadet
I think he's been a member here for a really long time

EDIT- CRAP WRONG QUOTE
EDIT x2- YOU EDITED YOUR POST BEFORE I COULD QUOTE IT
XD sorry... it's just that I realized he has been here since June of 2013... so I knew he was probably legit.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Okay at this point here are the things I think are possible for today and my reasons for them.

1. Shulk - Arguably the "Boring" choice. This is most likely to me because we do pretty much know he's coming, but because of that I don't want to see him. The retweet places him above Chrom and Chorus too.

2. Ridley - He's been teased for ages, it's about time we got the low-down on what's happening. A single one-off presentation seems like the perfect opportunity to show up what Ridley is like and how he relates to Pyrosphere.

3. Mewtwo - A serious fan-favourite, three minutes is a long-ass trailer so this would give them time enough to cover the possible three different versions of him and how they work together.

4. Rayman - Unlikely, but given the trophy today I had to put him here. Given that Sakurai specifically mentioned that the trophy was made by Ubisoft for this purpose I can't imagine him being anything more. However I would be very happy to see him.

5. Assassin's Creed Rep - I can already hear you all screaming at me but hear me out. Given the Rayman trophy we can assume Ubisoft has some level of involvement with this game. It's also unlikely that Rayman himself is playable so we can look towards other potential reps to Ubisoft. One that springs to mind is Assassin's Creed which is probably their biggest selling franchise. It has had two DS games (Both of which were originally DS exclusive) and the last two main titles have been released for Wii U and presumably the unrevealed but leaked Assassin's Creed: Comet. This is very similar to the level of coverage Solid Snake had in Brawl and an Assassin would cover the more mature audience that Snake covered in Brawl. One final piece of evidence you can look to is Soulcalibur V, which like SSB4 is also a Namco game and did feature Ezio as the guest star. This proves that Ubisoft is happy for Namco to use the character if they wish.

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
I'm planning to watch all the past reveal trailers before this one. According to YouTube, all of them together play for 17 minutes. I can't wait for last 17 minutes of wait.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
No matter who we get it we should feel happy for who it is.

And besides even if it is shulk, ridley nor 1 more newcomer is dead easily. (Because 4 is a low number of newcomers left.)

And heres some good news sal can't clarify if shulk is getting confirmed alone or not so if shulk theres a good shot for a veteran to be revealed with him.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm officially the only one in my house who's still awake, and I can feel myself growing tired already. MUST. STOP. RUBBING. EYES!
Did you stay up all night like I did? I feel your pain. After the reveal, I am going to go to King Soopers and buy a Redbull.
#Sponsor

I'm planning to watch all the past reveal trailers before this one. According to YouTube, all of them together play for 17 minutes. I can't wait for last 17 minutes of wait.
That is not a bad idea at all, I might consider doing that as well.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I really hope it's Shulk, because if it's not everyone will be like "GEMATSU DIZCONFIRMD".

And I'll have to explain to everyone that one hole in a leak that's been correct about everything else doesn't matter as much as you think, especially since Sal's tipper never actually gave a definite statement on Shulk.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
I was so stoked for it being at 7AM Pacific Time, I woke up like hours early to watch the trailer live, only to find out I follow Mountain Time :( I can't take the extra hour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom