• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
I know it's not gonna happen, but, if AC got to represent Ubisoft, it would be cool to have two former Soul Caliber reps (Link and Ezio) fight it out in Smash Bros.

domokl

Smash Lord
Does anyone else find it odd that in the Rayman POTD, Sakurai doesn't say something along the lines of "Here is Rayman!". He kind of accepts it like we already know it.....is it possible that this was released early on accident?
Quite possible he acts like we really should know

Hizkit

Smash Apprentice
rayman is the only one of those that even has a small chance since conker and banjo are owned by microsfot now
Sadly, I'm overtly aware that I will never see Banjo-Kazooie and Conker unless it's on a street corner near the Microsoft offices. The fact remains that I'm going to be more receptive of classic characters.

I've already got MegaMan & PacMan in that regard, but I'm game for some more. The prospect of having another full-on, iconic character is just too much. An atypical JRPG pretty boy is gunna slow things down for me, personally. I'm sure Shulk is a cool dude, I just don't know him yet.

Morbi

Scavenger
Does anyone else find it odd that in the Rayman POTD, Sakurai doesn't say something along the lines of "Here is Rayman!". He kind of accepts it like we already know it.....is it possible that this was released early on accident?

No, it shows a list of times for the announcement video. It is because the stream is live right now I believe, however it isn't "live".
It is possible. Not probable.

Didn't sleep the whole night.... also fasting during Ramadan. But, I have no regrets.
I do... and I am not fasting.

I know it's not gonna happen, but, if AC got to represent Ubisoft, it would be cool to have two former Soul Caliber reps (Link and Ezio) fight it out in Smash Bros.
I never thought about that. Why must I support impossible characters?!

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Alright, the day has come. I only slept 2 hours last night just for this. 20 more minutes!!!

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
It's gonna be Shulk with a ray man skin :p
Rosalina might not be a hole, but the fact that the source straight up believed that we'd get 6 newcomers at the first E3 sure as hell is.
This tbh. It getting the timing of the first reveals wrongs how's that the info was outdated back then. The leaker then coming in and saying that Lucas was being debated on also shows that he's got outdated info because Sakurai mentioned that's he whole roster was finalized before development.

There's still hope for some characters tbh. Gematsu isn't law, it's just an outdated, but very accurate, leak.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Something I want to say. If Rayman isn't initially playable, he might become DLC. I think that the trophies that Sakurai talked about, but didn't deconfirm to not be playable have a chance to become playable as DLC....You know what that means?

Wonder Red DeDeDeDeconfirmed!

Last edited:

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
I keep looking at the screen and wondering why they're going through all the trouble of livestreaming this. It's good for hype I guess, but for only three minutes?
I wondered this days ago. I just assumed that there would be a "secret" afterwards, like how after the Direct appeared to have finished, there was the Charizard/Greninja trailer.

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer

Today is the day. Let's get hyped, and I'll see you all after the crash.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
If Shulk is in, I'm going to be angry as fudge if his moveset is bland like Palutena's.
Palutena's moveset isn't bland. I even think Ezio Auditore would be MILES better than Shulk, with San Pedro's Cathedral as his home stage, with an epic rock remix of Ezio's Family...now that I think about it, if we don't get Rayman, Ezio would be cool :d although he hasn't appeared on a Nintendo console...

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
So nervous. So hyped. So hoping my boss doesn't come by my desk when this trailer comes up. Would hate to have to tell him to shut up.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
Rosalina might not be a hole, but the fact that the source straight up believed that we'd get 6 newcomers at the first E3 sure as hell is.
If you think this is that straightforward then yes its a hole. Most likely the Smash Bros team orders these cinematics and the the leak is coming from the people making the cinematics. The cinematic makers don't know when these cinematics get revealed so its not a hole. These things are passed down a line of different people and not everyone in this line is aware of these schedules.

Stop poking trying to poke "holes" in the leak and think about why minor inaccuracies may have occurred. Its pretty much guaranteed at this point so its better to theorize where the leak is coming from instead of being like "Look! He misspelled Palutena! It must be fake!" because those minor mistakes are meaningless in the grand scheme of things considering all the things on it are technically true bar the 3 remaining characters.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
To celebrate the occasion, let's listen to the most hype song EVER made.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
You guys are all wrong about this. Clearly the 3 days thing was a hint. It alludes to Majora's Mask.

We thought Skull Kid was an assist trophy but that Sakurai trolling. That was his final smash. Today we will see him fully playable.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Gonna come off now to watch the trailer in peace. So I guess I'll be back to rage/dance when it's over.

See you on the other side.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Man, devout belivers of Gematsu make my head shake. They have a loophole for everything.

It's almost like they WANT to be disappointed. SMH.

Last edited:

AppleCracker

Smash Apprentice
I'm getting off this site and getting on smashbros.com when there is five minutes left. So I can watch the countdown for 5 minutes.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
As always.... whenever there is an upcoming character reveal... I say "Please Isaac" over and over in my head. I want Shulk more that Isaac, but it's just that getting Isaac would blow everybody away, since Shulk is expected, and Isaac would be a surprise.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
You guys are all wrong about this. Clearly the 3 days thing was a hint. It alludes to Majora's Mask.

We thought Skull Kid was an assist trophy but that Sakurai trolling. That was his final smash. Today we will see him fully playable.
We saw him be opened from an assist trophy.

But your theory is great.

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
People predicting Ubisoft rep? Must be Child of Light

lol jk. Few more minutes left, hype hype hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom