• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
I dont know, I'm kind of torn.
This whole Rayman thing kind of changes things.

What if it is a Ubisoft rep?
Why would they bother to have a Rayman trophy without a playable character?
Is it possible the potd was supposed to be for after the video?

Maybe the bond was reforged.
i doubt since i guess a few days ago ubi says they are not making anymore games for the wii u til it sales more

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
the roster was decided back in 2012 though.
so, we saw from brawl they dropped characters that were in development and being on bad terms with a company is a damn good reason to drop a character

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Thought I'd get some reaction gifs of my favourite Youtubers ready for the big reveal.
pbg.gif

Worst case scenario
jontron.gif

Highly upset
johnny.gif

Confused/Suspicious

Delighted

Best case scenario
EDIT: Oops the last one came out a different size to the others. Oh well.

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
so, we saw from brawl they dropped characters that were in development and being on bad terms with a company is a damn good reason to drop a character
True true it still weird they would even have the trophy and the wording. Ubisofe even made their own model so their not on that bad of terms.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
The wording in the Miiverse pic is weird, too. Instead of being all "Here's Rayman as a trophy, Happy Bastille Day from us and Ubisoft!", it's like"Here's what happened when we asked Ubisoft to do Rayman's trophy art themselves."

UMMMMMM

Last edited:

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
True true it still weird they would even have the trophy and the wording. Ubisofe even made their own model so their not on that bad of terms.
the model could be older as well like 2012 old. The nintendo hate from ubi didnt start until recently for the most part like within the last year or so and they could have made the model before all this happened

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Oh crap, I forgot that we're on BST right now not GMT. So yeah only an hour and 40 odd minutes to go. Hooray!

domokl

Smash Lord
the model could be older as well like 2012 old. The nintendo hate from ubi didnt start until recently for the most part like within the last year or so and they could have made the model before all this happened
But if they really hated ubi would they have a trophy at all?

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
All dropped characters in Brawl were first party characters which would have no bad terms with any company.

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't be surprised if the trailer is 3 minutes long due to a vision playing out that Shulk sees, and he has to end up changing it.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
All dropped characters in Brawl were first party characters which would have no bad terms with any company.
They were also dropped because of time constraints. Sakurai has had more time and a bigger team this go-around.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
But if they really hated ubi would they have a trophy at all?
idk im not on the dev team but there was a rumor going around a while back saying ubi wanted rayman in the game but they only got a trophy of rayman

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
If Rayman was ever going to be playable though, that trophy pose would not be acceptable at all for his artwork. Probably something more like the following...

I was literally thinking that exact same thing.

But then again...

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
If Rayman was ever going to be playable though, that trophy pose would not be acceptable at all for his artwork. Probably something more like the following...
True, its not their best render either, compared to Sonic or Mario for example.

If he was playable, they'd have made their own trophy render.

This just gets weird.

Although a similar thing happened with Snakes trophy collection in Brawl.
Several of the trophies appeared to be recycled from past games, Plisken for example.

So could this mean, if there is a Ubisoft rep that is not Rayman, but someone connected to Rayman?

I don't want a Rabbid.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
How many Camera Angles do you guys think this video will have?

What Percentage of Sky do you expect to see?

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
I hope we get that same weird Canyon/Wasteland area again from the previous vids.

And maybe the moon behind the noob like what Megaman had.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
A lot of Kirby's Japan artworks depict him being a happy fellow though, so that's to be expected.
And Rayman is a quirky laid-back guy, So that's to be expected to.

My point is that Kirby's artwork is bad, Not that you are wrong. You are right.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Fingers crossed it's not Shulk, just to shut people up who think they know Sakurai's inner most thoughts.

fromia

Smash Cadet
Even if we know it's gonna be Shulk, it's still no where near as bad when the Rosalina leak happened.

Remember an official FB page leaked Rosalina minutes before the reveal? Yea, that was way worse. I have come to enjoy the trailer over time, overall Lil Mac's trailer was the best for me in terms of hype.

domokl

Smash Lord
Isn't it great to have a game develpor that knows exactly how and when to throw a curveball? Before rayman we were all expecting shulk now none of us are sure anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom