• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Oh I'm not just salty, I'm ANGRY. The leak's stupid as hell and the worst part being that sal keeps rearing his ugly head whenever there's an announcement and ruining, and then going into the shadows because he's going to receive very-well-justified backlash.
Can't blame Sal, he promised he'd come and tell us any news since we were hungering for it, blame the actual leaker for spilling the beans at every opportunity. Sal himself hasn't received any backlash either, because he's been right thus far. The leak's content might suck, but that's neither Sal nor the leaker's fault, that's all Sakurai's decisions.

Getting angry at Sal himself is a little silly, he's just a messenger.

Morbi

Scavenger
Can't blame Sal, he promised he'd come and tell us any news since we were hungering for it, blame the actual leaker for spilling the beans at every opportunity. Sal himself hasn't received any backlash either, because he's been right thus far. The leak's content might suck, but that's neither Sal nor the leaker's fault, that's all Sakurai's decisions.

Getting angry at Sal himself is a little silly, he's just a messenger.
I am actually quite disappointed that Sal will not give us the original wording so that we may speculate properly. He could omit anything that pertains to the leakers identity, of course. However, as of current, he perpetuates horrible speculation. I believe that he is going to be incorrect in his assertion of Shulk though. So that will be interesting. If he is not. I am going to convert.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
If Rayman turns out to be the newcomer, this has to be his caption:
RAYMAN CRUSHES GEMATSU!
But seriously, what Ubi character could possibly be as iconic and loved as Rayman? If it's not Rayman, it's no one, that's like saying Lloyd Irving ever had a chance againist Pac-Man.
Hah, man, I was telling people that so many times. No way any other Namco character was getting in over Pac-Man. But yeah, I agree. Rayman is pretty iconic for Ubisoft. I just still find it really weird that he's just a trophy.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Hah, man, I was telling people that so many times. No way any other Namco character was getting in over Pac-Man. But yeah, I agree. Rayman is pretty iconic for Ubisoft. I just still find it really weird that he's just a trophy.
i just feel like ubi won't get a rep with how the relationship between them and nintendo is going

domokl

Smash Lord
he still has a chance though.

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
Which is totally why it's his actual smash boards account. The one he has used multiple times. Obviously he got hacked. right? </sarcasm>
I didn't know he had such a presence, even though he's only been here since June 13, 2014. Clearly no one would think to troll people with a fake account.

domokl

Smash Lord
It'd be great if Sakurai knew everyone expected Shulk and revealed someone else instead.
He was probably about to put up a picture of a reyn assit or something then saw what would happen and chose another newcomer

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
It'd be great if Sakurai knew everyone expected Shulk and revealed someone else instead.
If there is one thing I have faith in, It's Sakurai's love of trolling. =p I could totally see that happening. I mean, I'm sure it'd cause a heck of a lot of paperwork for someone, but it'd be worth it. lol. =p

I didn't know he had such a presence, even though he's only been here since June 13, 2014. Clearly no one would think to troll people with a fake account.
Oh, no. That's actually very likely. Your immediate dismissal of it was why I went into sarcasm mode.

For future reference though, If you click the guys username you can do a history search sort of. Checking out other posts. You can see he's the real deal that way.

No hard feelings. =)

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
That is indeed Sal's account, perhaps you misread the join date. That is the account that has given us relevant updates at the very least. So even if it is not him, it is someone with inside information. Haha.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
That is indeed Sal's account, perhaps you misread the join date. That is the account that has given us relevant updates at the very least. So even if it is not him, it is someone with inside information. Haha.
did he say it was his account on twitter or something like that around e3?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Would you care to elaborate? I am, ever so slightly, confused by you mean.
«In order to make Rayman's trophy, we asked Ubisoft to share their references. We were expecting to receive 2D drawing references for Rayman, but to our surprise, they sent us data of a brand new 3D model that they rendered for this game!! And that was how this trophy was created. It takes a lot of work creating each model, so it's wonderful that the creators contributed their own efforts!!» 14.Jul.2014

Well thats the quote an ubisoft before a character thats sounds supsicous to me.

I don't know its tough to explain.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
«In order to make Rayman's trophy, we asked Ubisoft to share their references. We were expecting to receive 2D drawing references for Rayman, but to our surprise, they sent us data of a brand new 3D model that they rendered for this game!! And that was how this trophy was created. It takes a lot of work creating each model, so it's wonderful that the creators contributed their own efforts!!» 14.Jul.2014

Well thats the quote an ubisoft before a character thats sounds supsicous to me.

idk it sounds like ubi sent them a model and they made a trophy with it to me

Morbi

Scavenger

Are you insinuating that we might get a character from Ubisoft based on his allusion to their cooperation? Or perhaps even a 2nd or 3rd party character because he has indicated that he has reached out to other developers for more than just permission to include characters?

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
Just speaking in hypotheticals.

What if there is some merit to that leak that said Rayman had been considered, but was scrapped because of Rayman getting delayed and sour feelings between Ubi/Nintendo... and they just used the model as a Trophy since the work was done.

domokl

Smash Lord
So Its about time to place your final bets! Shulk rayman ridley chrom chorus kids or a other ubisofet rep. Its almost here!

Morbi

Scavenger
Just speaking in hypotheticals.

What if there is some merit to that leak that said Rayman had been considered, but was scrapped because of Rayman getting delayed and sour feelings between Ubi/Nintendo... and they just used the model as a Trophy since the work was done.
I suppose that is one theory that explains the situation. I would believe it. Pac-Man might have even been the secondary choice. No? too far? Okay...

So Its about time to place your final bets! Shulk rayman ridley chrom chorus kids or a other ubisofet rep. Its almost here!
Chrom if we get a Gematsu character or Ghirahim if we do not.

tmrd

Smash Rookie
rayMAN, megaMAN, pacMAN, chorusMEN

holy jesus I never realised how repetitive these character names are

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
I dont know, I'm kind of torn.
This whole Rayman thing kind of changes things.

What if it is a Ubisoft rep?
Why would they bother to have a Rayman trophy without a playable character?
Is it possible the potd was supposed to be for after the video?

Maybe the bond was reforged.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Guys I just got an anonymous email from Sal's sauce. It says:

Sakurai has decided not to announce Shulk later, he will instead be announcing Dankey Kang.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder

All of a sudden we get blindsided with:

THE PRINCE ROLLS IN!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

If Rayman was ever going to be playable though, that trophy pose would not be acceptable at all for his artwork. Probably something more like the following...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom