• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I will be highly annoyed if that happens considering I just paid 50 dollars for a used copy of it. :laugh:
Yeah; sucks if they are going to sell it on the Wii U in HD now, huh.
Sakurai is making that game.
It comes out tomorrow.
And he personally asked the store owner who sold it to you not to give you a refund.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
A question most people outside of this board and various others will probably be asking for some time to come to be honest. The general public is just going to see another guy with a cool sword tomorrow I'm afraid. :laugh:
He's not just a guy with a sword!
He's a British guy with a sword!

LucaSmash

Smash Cadet
Im wasting my 1400th post to say:

What if saw all of the buzz about Shulk on the internet, and completely bs'd Shulks introduction and revealed a different newcomer instead?
Yeah I was thinking, what if to troll, Sakurai saw that everyone knew it was Shulk, so he just played a different video instead? I mean it's not that hard to do.

ShredPix

Smash Cadet
Really disappointed by all the Shulk hate (I don't even care for Xenoblade). I would think that seeing what the character CAN do rather than just who it is is more important.

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
I got another e-mail tonight.

Its contents:

That is all.
WELP

Its fully confirmed now

But he didnt really need to say anything, this is just fully assuring what we are expecting. But still, great to see the messiah has spoken

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
It's Sakurai's fault, not Shulk's or Sal's or the leaker's.
Sakurai must have known his decision to put in characters that nobody wanted, like WFT and Choir Trio, to be characters people will praise even though they never considered or even expected them until they were revealed.

Just like how Michael Bay knows the Transformer Films get absurd hatred but because he knows people will still go to see them and make millions at the box office, he still does the same **** three times in a row.

As long as there are sheep who keep eating this garbage, people are gonna have to put up with BS like this.

Last edited:

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
I think Shulk will definitely play different than other sword characters, at the very least the Monado will be cool!

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Really disappointed by all the Shulk hate (I don't even care for Xenoblade). I would think that seeing what the character CAN do rather than just who it is is more important.
Were not hating on Shulk, were hating on the fact that the surprise was spoiled before the actual video was shown....

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai must have known his decision to put in characters that nobody wanted, like WFT and Choir Trio, to be characters people will praise even though they never considered or even expected them until they were revealed.

Just like how Michael Bay knows the Transformer Films get absurd hatred but because he knows people will still go to see them and make millions at the box office, he still does the same **** three times in a row.

As long as there are sheep who keep eating this garbage, people are gonna have to put up with BS like this.
Opinions my friend

Just because he isnt listening to one pandering, doesnt mean he isnt listening to another.

ShredPix

Smash Cadet
Were not hating on Shulk, were hating on the fact that the surprise was spoiled before the actual video was shown....
While surprise is NICE, I don't care when it comes to spoilers for a fighting games. The important part to me has always been how they fiction, how they move, strengths and weaknesses that sort of thing. Surprises are jut the icing on the cake, and while the icing is gone, the cake still tastes pretty good.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I think people are just mad their other favorites aren't in the leak. Had Ridley, K Rool or Mewtwo been "confirmed" tonight the same people would be dancing in the street despite the surprise being lost.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Some people are disappointed that we now are pretty certain it is Shulk we are getting tomorrow and the element of surprise is gone, I understand that.

But I don't care, because WE'RE GETTING SHULK TOMORROW BABY! WOOOOOOO!

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
While I agree it's a bit weird to potentially know the contents of a newcomer trailer before it plays, keep in mind we only know the name of the character possibly being revealed. We know absolutely nothing else and three minutes for a trailer is a long time. Anything can be shown in that time span. We'll (most likely) get a new stage, new song and a new move set being shown off and that's what we'll get at minimum.

With that said, I can understand why some people would be a little mad about this but this trailer isn't a bust because we might know who it is.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
It is sad, but understandable. Shulk is a great pick for the roster... in a world where K. Rool and Ridley (and other highly requested and deserving characters) are already confirmed. The problem is that many of these newcomers get hate because they are all likely getting in over so many legendary characters for no real reason besides Sakurai's whims.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Opinions my friend

Just because he isnt listening to one pandering, doesnt mean he isnt listening to another.
So he would rather listen to the 5% who wanted WTF an Choir Guys, before they were even leaked mind you, than the people who requested Fan favorites like Mewtwo, Ridley and KRool, the latter two having been wanted since Brawls development?

Last edited:

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Just because the Gematsu leak doesn't mention a certain character, doesn't mean they won't be in the game...
Plus if you're still disappointed by the roster by the release date, there's still potential character DLC to look forward to (according to the Messiah)

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Have you ever asked him if the newcomers he's leaked are the only newcomers in the game?
Well the leaker did not mention Rosalina in any of the leaks so there is potential for there to be newcomers outside of Gematsu, besides there has to be a line drawn for character slot limits, you can't continually grow a roster for each successive game. :/ At least that's what I think

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
It is sad, but understandable. Shulk is a great pick for the roster... in a world where K. Rool and Ridley (and other highly requested and deserving characters) are already confirmed. The problem is that many of these newcomers get hate because they are all likely getting in over so many legendary characters for no real reason besides Sakurai's whims.
I would hate the day Smash having those you claim "Legendary Characters", keep dreaming....maybe you will overcome reality and beat us!....

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
We may know that it is Shulk, but it's still hype.

We get to see his attacks, his intro trailer and what Xenoblade stage will be in, that's hype in my opinion.

sadiewinters

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3540-0403-6569
I wasn't too happy about Shulk at first, but he might turn out to be a pretty cool character. I just hope he plays well. (If he gets in.)

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Oh it's absolutely our fault. Do we care? Probably not. I don't at least. The only person whose beliefs I personally criticise is Sakurai's lol, because I feel that some of his choices for characters are whack yo. ...And that's why Shulk hasn't got me down. The chance of Gematsu being wrong is <1% at this rate. Got nothing against Shulk, I just sigh as the leak looks more and more true as time goes by which means more and more characters I'm not interested in (or in the case of Shulk, characters who I'm not familiar with) making it in.

So that brings me to my next point; should I be excited that another character with a (presumably) unique and interesting playstyle/moveset got in the game? Yes, yes I should. The only issue here is that I'd rather play as a character I want in the game (eg. Robin) who is also fun to play as, than someone who I don't care about who is fun to play as. I just wanted something that suits me better, that's all. I'll end up trying out Shulk, along with all of the other newcomers except the Chorus Men, don't you worry about that.

Am I being selfish? Maybe. But I don't think anyone (except maybe 3 people in the Amazon jungle) wanted the Chorus Men in before Gematsu said anything about it. Sakurai is doing what he does best, making himself laugh.

TL;DR - It's Sakurai's fault, not Shulk's or Sal's or the leaker's.
You're right. You have every right to be angry that your character isn't in. And it is Sakurai's fault whether I hate saying it or not. But there's multiple ways to see it. He could be trying to appease a wide variety of his fans. After all, if he didn't try to appeal to the Japanese crowd we would have never gotten Marth, Roy, and Lucas. Sakurai is doing what he does best, TRYING to make a good game that not just one person will enjoy, but rather millions of fans will love.

But to be dead honest, I don't care for the Choir Boys and I'm only going to play them just to see how weird they are compared to Mr. Game & Watch.

So he would rather listen to the 5% who wanted WTF an Choir Guys, before they were even leaked mind you, than the people who requested Fan favorites like Mewtwo, Ridley and KRool, the latter two having been wanted since Brawls development?
How do we know that he isn't working on them? Also, to use those characters he actually needs PERMISSION from their owners. And some characters (like Snake and possibly Rosalina) are requested by their creators. Maybe the Pokemon creator wanted a sixth gen Pokemon and Sakurai happily agreed with lead to Greninja. There are so many reasons behind so many things and all most of you guys think off is: "SAKURAI WANTS WII FIT TRAINER BECAUSE PEOPLE WANTED HER" even though he said no one saw her coming. So I doubt she was requested.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think this forum is getting to the point I may need to take my break, because of

Last edited:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
You're right. You have every right to be angry that your character isn't in. And it is Sakurai's fault whether I hate saying it or not. But there's multiple ways to see it. He could be trying to appease a wide variety of his fans. After all, if he didn't try to appeal to the Japanese crowd we would have never gotten Marth, Roy, and Lucas. Sakurai is doing what he does best, TRYING to make a good game that not just one person will enjoy, but rather millions of fans will love.

But to be dead honest, I don't care for the Choir Boys and I'm only going to play them just to see how weird they are compared to Mr. Game & Watch.
I would never enjoy K.rool and Ridley, because I don't care for Metroid...although I love DK...I ****ing hate K.rool...It's such a shame to live in a world where the people who request these characters are the loudest...so yes not including those 2 ****ers pleases me alot....you can call me biased, you can call me anything... that's my view and thank god for Sakurai!

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I would hate the day Smash having those you claim "Legendary Characters", keep dreaming....maybe you will overcome reality and beat us!....
Well. That sentence wasn't exactly English, but I'll reiterate my point that you missed. People are accepting that Smash won't have the characters more deserving than Shulk, and that's why they're mad. I've fully accepted that the Gematsu leak is all we're getting. Shulk was one of my top choices for Smash 4, but in a game where K. Rool and Ridley aren't playable and the newcomer lineup is as weak as it is, I can no longer feel very good about him.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I think I already talked up about the roster stuff in another thread here, but right now, it's just best to leave your newcomers you wanted behind and get acquainted with the ones we're getting.

They at least play really, or pretty well. But yeah, perhaps in next 6-8 years folks.

Last edited:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Well. That sentence wasn't exactly English, but I'll reiterate my point that you missed. People are accepting that Smash won't have the characters more deserving than Shulk, and that's why they're mad. I've fully accepted that the Gematsu leak is all we're getting. Shulk was one of my top choices for Smash 4, but in a game where K. Rool and Ridley aren't playable and the newcomer lineup is as weak as it is, I can no longer feel very good about him.
How the **** is the lineup weak without those 2 ? it weak to you and all the other Ridley/K.rool fans, but not to us! you got Lil.Mac you got Rosalina with her unique moveset, you got freaking Mega Man, and now you are getting Shulk ? and you are claiming that's weak, get real bro...

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
So we know its Shulk. Most of us figured that out.

We get to see his moveset, probably get a peak at his stage, and find out what Xenoblade music is in smash 4 tomorrow.

There is plenty to be excited about. :)

Khoru

Smash Champion
How the **** is the lineup weak without those 2 ? it weak to you and all the other Ridley/K.rool fans, but not to us! you got Lil.Mac you got Rosalina with her unique moveset, you got freaking Mega Man, and now you are getting Shulk ? and you are claiming that's weak, get real bro...
surprisingly, opinions are a thing
it's pretty selfish to say ridley shouldn't be in because you personally aren't a fan of metroid

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While I don't think the discussion is going down a rabbit hole, please keep general character discussion for it's official thread in Character Discussion. Especially if you have anything to say about the roster. Like I said, not saying it's becoming a problem but just keep that in mind, please. Also, even if you don't agree with each other, there is no need to take cheap shots at each other.

And I am still hoping for Ridley.......

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
In regards to Ridley and K. Rool, they've both been highly requested characters as far back as Melee so I can understand the frustration from their fans there. If this game doesn't pan out for them, they'll have to wait another 6-8 years at another shot, adding on top of an already lengthy 13 years of not making the cut.

Add in: Shulk's not a bad character but he is kind of on the obscure side thanks to a fairly limited release of Xenoblade Chronicles in North America and Europe. He's only about four years old too so, again, some people feel that he's jumping in line when there are some major characters that have been requested year after year without hitting playable status.

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
Hey guys maybe shulk could have a vision of k rool ridley and mewtwo at the end of his trailer right!right. Right…………:c

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Alright. I've calmed a bit. :)

I'm gonna enjoy Shulk. I know his trailer will be fun/amazing. It's going to be a good way to showcase him to others who may not be aware of him or his franchise.

We can still always speculate for our characters as DLC, or even secret hidden inclusions into the initial roster.

Alright. I'm calling it a night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom