• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

III
BRoomer
****in RAYMAN!?!?!?!?

This is the most unexpected reveal in Smash history.

Mind = melted, blown, over.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Even though I'm mostly expecting Shulk, that Rayman trophy has been posted at exactly the right moment it's brilliant
It's almost like Sakurai knew about what Sal posted. "Wait gaiz, there's more tho! Tomorrow's reveal wasn't spoiled! See... uh hereeeeeeeee's Rayman!"

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
It's almost like Sakurai knew about what Sal posted. "Wait gaiz, there's more tho! Tomorrow's reveal wasn't spoiled! See... uh hereeeeeeeee's Rayman!"
It seems like no matter what's speculated/assumed to be leaked. Realistically it's more fun to show fans the non-obvious things. Prolly that same mindset that got us wii fit trainer.

So I say JUST because sakurais weird like that, there's at least 50% chance of monado monday being dead.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
You're putting too much importance on who the character is. Does it really make a difference? It's just a physical representation for the moveset.

What if Mewtwo, Ridley & K.Rool all got in instead, but had garbage movesets? Would you have been happier just because it was those characters? I'd hope not.

Not liking a character is fine, but who they are is irrelevant. If they're fun to play, you're not going to play them because you think they're stupid choices? The moveset is all that is important, that it is fun, or fits your style, or is viable in a competitive setting. Being a 'popular' character or whatever is not important. And if it's important to you that everyone be someone you like, or that everyone be fan requested, then you miss the point.

Michael Bay movies are debatable quality movies.
You're comparing that to characters people didn't necessarily want, but may be super fun to play. That's not even sort of the same thing. Unless you're saying that Bay films are really good, but nobody wanted them made.

Sucks about Mewtwo, or whoever, but it really doesn't matter. You're literally just complaining about a shell for a moveset. Like getting mad that a movie is black & white instead of in color when color was available, even though it was still a good film.

You also need to consider that characters like Mewtwo, Ridley and K.Rool were under consideration, but not included for other reasons. It's not like Chorus Kids or Wii Fit Trainer are the reason you're not getting who you want. That's not how it works.

Just like how Mewtwo was planned for Brawl, and Ridley had his role changed during development. Things happen. If WFT got in, and not Mewtwo, it wasn't her fault. It wasn't a scheme. It just happened that way. Sucks.
The shell is the most important aspect mate.
The point of the game is Nintendo All-stars.
Not 'cool movesets inspired by Sakurai's imagination'
The IP is the important factor

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Oh and now's a good time to post this (I didn't want to before thinking that I'd get lots of hate for it). Does anyone find it odd how Sal posts saying that it's Shulk after the retweet convinced most of us that it was Shulk already? Call me sceptic as always, but is it possible that Sal's leaker saw the retweet and then sent Sal the email, seeing it as the most likely reveal? Hehe, surely not, right? Please don't call me crazy.

Last edited:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
****in RAYMAN!?!?!?!?

This is the most unexpected reveal in Smash history.

Mind = melted, blown, over.
I have a question. In order for Sakurai to use Ray-Man like this, wouldn't he have to pay Ubisoft for the rights? I don't seee Ubisoft or Sakurai settling for anything less than playable if this is true to get the most out of their money.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I have a question. In order for Sakurai to use Ray-Man like this, wouldn't he have to pay Ubisoft for the rights? I don't seee Ubisoft or Sakurai settling for anything less than playable if this is true to get the most out of their money.
What if Ubisoft paid Sakurai to put Rayman in Smash?

D

Deleted member

Now that there's a Rayman trophy, will the Rayman franchise play a huge role / small role in Smash 4? It can't just be Rayman right?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ubisoft refuses to support Nintendo

Why would Nintendo support Ubisoft in a degree this big (As a playable character)

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
The real question is... if Rayman's not playable, then who the heck is?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The Lums (I think that's what they're called. The little glowy things you collect in Rayman.).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Welp, this got me interested. But this POTD clearly states that Rayman was asked as a mere trophy for this game. Emphasis on 3D-model data received from Ubisoft.

Keep chugging that MonadoTrain guys.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Shulk :p

We know from the Skull Kid update that the characters with site profiles are the playable ones. Rayman has no site profile. Therefore Rayman is not playable.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
THIS is the most hype the forum has had, forget the announcement of the video even.

I havnt even been this excited since E3, but then I didnt expect to be shocked- and I was not.
So for me, this is the best hype for the game I've gotten since Aprils direct.

Greninja drowned my hopes and dreams there, but it seems that the thought I had originally with Brawl (all of them, my entire roster,) may just be ported over to this game, particularly given the state Ubisoft was in with Nintendo for this game.

I am of course jumping the gun a lot here, who is not, Sakurai is intending to induce heart attack, but truly this is the biggest 'What does this mean!?' of all, because any logical point would say that this means Rayman is playable.

And that then takes me to Wonder Red also is likely playable, which is something I was never truly sold on disconfirming anyway (backed up when Phosphora was named an AT).

Or this could just go back to what I said before, and it could be Banjo Kazooie.
Maybe he will just post Bomberman.

Or hell, maybe I'm playing this game right now already and I'm on the development team, he is just probing my mind. It's where WFT came from.
Guys. I didn't know it til now, but I'm actually Sakurai.

I'm sorry about Ridley before.
In this game he will be the smallest character.
And his name will be Chibi, decked out in a silver hue.

----
breakfast pancakes, confirmed playable!
dinner pancakes, the villainous clone unlockable

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Shulk :p

We know from the Skull Kid update that the characters with site profiles are the playable ones. Rayman has no site profile. Therefore Rayman is not playable.
Toon Link didn't have a profile when he was shown on the Spirit Tracks stage. Art thou saying Toon Link is not playable?

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Toon Link was never referred to be name.

Neither was Palutena for the reveal of Palutena`s temple.
Yeah, true. Plus, they were shown as parts of stages, not trophies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The announcement is at a time most convenient for Europeans...

Rayman is made by French People....

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
That was certainly unexpected.

Maybe Rayman's trophy means they'll let more third party characters in as trophies, or even assist trophies, even if they aren't playable.

I can still hope for Simon Belmont. This game needs a Castlevania nod.

domokl

Smash Lord
He acts like we already know rayman is in the game. Imagine how funny that would be if this pic was posted a day early. Straw grasping at its best though.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Thanks to the POTD, I'm not even mad anymore. Talk about a pleasant surprise. See you tomorrow guys.
:joyful:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Reveals Bomberman That Morning

Last edited:

strike42

Smash Journeyman
I'm also hoping for a longshot character like Travis

Suda is friends with sakurai and said he would like to see him in smash. It's prolly never happening, but I'd be hyped.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
It all makes sense now.

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
This is a place where the trailer reveals Dr. Kawashima and Pichu. Roy is a stage hazard on Pyrosphere. Meta Knight and Wario switch movesets. Mewtwo is an item, and Ridley is Ness' new recovery. Nothing makes sense any more.
This is my new favorite post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom