• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
People always say characters are going to be the worst idea ever but then love them when they are shown (ie Miis and Pac-Man).

Just shut the hell up and accept it.
Yeah I've seen plenty of people still conplaining about the Miis. And Pacman.. Wow I've seen even people who wanted him in the game saying that his moveset was poorly executed.

Sakurai can't please everyone amd warming to a character once/after they're revealed isn't inevtiable. I for one am still salty about WFT after all this time. She hardly even looks fun to play as.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
Then he could make a playable white sheet of paper great.

You wouldn't want a playable white sheet of paper, would you?
meh game&watch could be white he could animate them like game and watch

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If its not shulk nor ridley nor mewtwo nor king k rool tomorrow

And its someone completely random

Say goodbye to the sal leak guys (except shulk)

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
True.

Why did you have to quote me when I was quoting the other dude? Mr confusing guy.
cause its how i do things i guess

If its not shulk nor ridley nor mewtwo nor king k rool tomorrow

And its someone completely random

Say goodbye to the sal leak guys (except shulk)
maybe last leak but the first one is 100% confirmed at this point

Last edited:

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
It's me. I decide things around here.

And jokes aside, I'm obviously more about my personal opinion when I say that, you claiming that everyone loves Pac-Man and the Miis all of a sudden is just stupid.

And seriously, dude, Chorus Kids? Seriously?
Who says it's sudden? I've always loved Pac-Man and Miis. Heck, I've been supporting Pac-Man for Smash for TEN YEARS.

And frankly, Chorus Men would be awesome! Hopefully their inclusion will lead to Smash's first ever a capella tracks...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
July 14th marks the anniversary of these Japanese release dates:

• Pokedex 3D Pro/Tretta.
  • F-Zero X.
  • Super Mario All-Stars.
  • Mario Bros for the Arcade.
And July 15th is the release anniversary of:

• the Famicom Console.
  • Fire Emblem: Tharcia 776 AND New Mystery of the Heroes.
In Japan, the Character reveal will be taking place one hour before midnight on the 14th. Just a little food for thought…

I totally didn't copypasta Challenger Approaching of Tumblr...

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
I am 75% confident it will be Shulk. Considering it's just after EVO it could end up being Falco or even Ridley as some sort of competitive crowd-pleaser, but Shulk is more important in that he will be the sole representative of an entire franchise, and one whose next game is coming out in the next twelve or so months. And that's disregarding the Monolith Soft retweet which only adds more credence.

Calibrate

Smash Apprentice
Who says it's sudden? I've always loved Pac-Man and Miis. Heck, I've been supporting Pac-Man for Smash for TEN YEARS.

And frankly, Chorus Men would be awesome! Hopefully their inclusion will lead to Smash's first ever a capella tracks...
I was talking about the fact that he claimed how everyone who previously hated them now love them.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I am just glad we are getting a new character. I was expecting Sakurai to keep all the other characters hidden, but I am stoked for this.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
Yeah I've seen plenty of people still conplaining about the Miis. And Pacman.. Wow I've seen even people who wanted him in the game saying that his moveset was poorly executed.

Sakurai can't please everyone amd warming to a character once/after they're revealed isn't inevtiable. I for one am still salty about WFT after all this time. She hardly even looks fun to play as.
i think ppl will die down abit when we get the game hands on if not well the human race is doomed o wait no it wont cus its a fun competitive game

• Pokedex 3D Pro/Tretta.
  • F-Zero X.
  • Super Mario All-Stars.

• the Famicom Console.
In Japan, the Character reveal will be taking place one hour before midnight on the 14th. Just a little food for thought…

off topic
just like to say that gif is Hamazing

Last edited:

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
I am just glad we are getting a new character. I was expecting Sakurai to keep all the other characters hidden, but I am stoked for this.
and from the sound of it we are getting at least one more before launch so get hyped for that too

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
I was talking about the fact that he claimed how everyone who previously hated them now love them.
i never claimed that i implied that some people changed their minds

Last edited:

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice
:joyful:This thread should just go under the "Shulk" character discussion, hahaha! :joyful:

Just kidding, but it does seem very likely that Shulk will be the new character revealed! And whoever the new character is, I think we can all agree that we can expect some sort of new stage as well :D

My only question is if there will be more than just a new comer announced? Do you think Sakurai will sprinkle in some unannounced veterans as well like they did with the Greninja trailer? Either way, I can not wait to see this video and the overflow of hype on smashboards tomorrow :laugh:

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper

• Pokedex 3D Pro/Tretta.
  • F-Zero X.
  • Super Mario All-Stars.

• the Famicom Console.

i think the anniversary links to characters went out the window with little mac tbh but i could be wrong

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I bet its gonna be someone from the SSBB franchise
Well, I don't know how "new" characters from a past iteration in the Super Smash Brothers Franchise is, but it does say new; therefore, we are getting someone who hasn't been already announced and has yet to appear as a playable character in Super Smash Brothers.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
and from the sound of it we are getting at least one more before launch so get hyped for that too
Maybe, or we might see different kinds of videos when unlocking characters! It might go "WARNING CHALLENGER APPROACHING" then videos like Toon Link, Jigglypuff, and Wolf's from Brawl, but longer and with other characters maybe? Then they could end with a kind of 'bring it on' pose and ya go to fight!
I just don't expect us to know about ALL the newcomers before launch. We need some surprises!

Calibrate

Smash Apprentice
i think ppl will die down abit when we get the game hands on if not well the human race is doomed o wait no it wont cus its a fun competitive game
Yeah! Let's never point out things we dislike, because it's a fun and competitive game, and the human race isn't doomed!

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Maybe, or we might see different kinds of videos when unlocking characters! It might go "WARNING CHALLENGER APPROACHING" then videos like Toon Link, Jigglypuff, and Wolf's from Brawl, but longer and with other characters maybe? Then they could end with a kind of 'bring it on' pose and ya go to fight!
I just don't expect us to know about ALL the newcomers before launch. We need some surprises!
its just according to the post it sounds like there is at least one more newcomer trailer by the wording but who knows

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Punch-Out's 30th anniversary happened when Little Mac was announced (same month, at least).
maybe but then they missed the perfect time to reveal shulk if he is in as xenoblade was released during e3 week so its not the only factor to showing a character

Acadian Flycatcher

Smash Journeyman

everyone is so fickle about character selection.

back with 64 and Melee everything was so fresh and surreal that you loved every character they got.

Now in this age with Brawl and 4 everyone has become way too emotional about the choices someone else makes.
they still don't understand that you can never please anyone and they still don't understand people have different opinions then them.
everyone feels entitled to their personal favourites being include, and call every other idea that isn't theirs stupid.
a mod for this game has already been made to satisfied all the ridiculous needs of individuals, go complain to them about adding something you desperately want. they obviously have the tools and mindset to satisfy you rabid animals.

If you think Pac-Man's moveset is poorly executed you're a whining idiot who only likes to complain.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Dude, it's the god damn Chorus Kids. :mad:
Could you maybe...uh...well, for lack of a better term, complain about them somewhere else? Like a Chrus Kid thread orrr people your arguing with's profiles? No one's ganna change your mind that they'd be bad so there's not a lot of point here.
The thing people were pointing out was others underestimating characters and then being pleasantly surprised, for example, I thought Miis and Pac-Man would be really underwhelming but now I really wanna play around with Miis and maybe main Pac-Man!
I really don't know what you expect from Chorus Kids since all they originally do in the game is sing (I think?) and Sakurai made Fox's and Falcon's movesets out of no where and look how loved they are now. Try to be a bit more open-minded.

Calibrate

Smash Apprentice
Could you maybe...uh...well, for lack of a better term, complain about them somewhere else? Like a Chrus Kid thread orrr people your arguing with's profiles? No one's ganna change your mind that they'd be bad so there's not a lot of point here.
The thing people were pointing out was others underestimating characters and then being pleasantly surprised, for example, I thought Miis and Pac-Man would be really underwhelming but now I really wanna play around with Miis and maybe main Pac-Man!
I really don't know what you expect from Chorus Kids since all they originally do in the game is sing (I think?) and Sakurai made Fox's and Falcon's movesets out of no where and look how loved they are now. Try to be a bit more open-minded.
How about you PM:ing me that instead? Hypocrisy at its finest. :facepalm:

Also, why should I be more open-minded? It's the god damn Chorus Kids :mad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom