• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I just checked the trailer lengths for each

Only palutena is 3 minutes and thats because of the anime and 12 special moves. (And heres aomething weird greninjas trailer is shorter than rosalinas.

So unless shulk gets all that, I really doubt its him and Sakurai ask the xeno blade guys to tweet about it to bring us down the wrong road. (Ps if to make the trailer long enough mewtwo or R.O.B would probably have to join him for a reveal.)

(But really shulk still has a great shot at tomorrow.)
Actually I could see Shulk being similar to Palutena in that he'd have loads of unique moves, for moveset customization.

In the games Shulk has access to many different moves with differing effects. It is an Rpg after all. I could see Shulk getting a big epic cinematic to represent the scope of the games.

3 minutes sounds right for Shulk, since a lot of people won't be familiar with him they'll need to put his best foot forward and wow them.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Actually I could see Shulk being similar to Palutena in that he'd have loads of unique moves, for moveset customization.

In the games Shulk has access to many different moves with differing effects. It is an Rpg after all. I could see Shulk getting a big epic cinematic to represent the scope of the games.

3 minutes sounds right for Shulk, since a lot of people won't be familiar with him they'll need to put his best foot forward and wow them.
Ok but theres a problem

Unless sakurai keeping it a secret that there are more characters with 12 special moves i think palutena and miis are the only ones with this.

(Its the offical site t only saids palutena and miis with this.)

And also the smash attacks could have those missing attacks that shulk does not have access too in the customization.

Last edited:

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I'd be very surprised if we didn't get at least a Veteran reveal along with this Newcomer reveal.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
It may even be Third-Party.

I MEAN, YA NEVER KNOW.

It also seems the first of its kind to just make a big deal out of a character reveal. But there's always a first for everything with Sakurai. The first to tease this, to tease that, to show this, to mention that, in every different way. So it was bound to happen anyways. Ridley? Because I mean, it might be something to tell the fans "CONVINCED NOW?!"

But please Dixie Kong or Krystal.

Dixie Kong or Krystal.

Dixie Kong or Krystal.

Dixie Kong or Krystal.
IT'S PAPER PINK METAL BAYONETTA!

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
If not Shulk, Since Ridley still hasn't been revealed in the Pic of The day yet, this is a prefect time to revealed his confirmation if he is playable. I would take a Chrom reveal over Chorus Kids. I should be open minded about their inclusion but I can't. We already have one WTF character, we don't need two.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If not Shulk, Since Ridley still hasn't been revealed in the Pic of The day yet, this is a prefect time to revealed his confirmation if he is playable. I would take a Chrom reveal over Chorus Kids. I should be open minded about their inclusion but I can't. We already have one WTF character, we don't need two.
If the pre trailer picture is on the pryosphere right there might proove its ridley and the quote is something like "ready to face the new challenger watch the trailer at 7:00am pacfic time to find out who" some thing like that to practically proove its ridley.

(Or just a curveball ofcoarse.)

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
I think we can all call Shulk as the most likely (because, well, tweet tweet), but maybe throwing in a curveball alongside him. Maybe the video will be titled "Gematsu" and show off all the Gematsu characters... maybe.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Ok im guessing Evo is starting so the charracter reveal was planed for that tommorow. Along with the Reggie video this trailer is going to cater to "real" smash fans and the Fighting Game community in general.

I can get by It were Shulk or Chrom cause they have that genereic anime swordsmen appeal that this game allready has enough of.

Hopefully Sakurai does the right thing and reveals someone that will bring real hype. Even if the Chorus Kids/Men/Trio/I don't care are in this game tomorrow is the worst time to reveal them.

Nintendo better be smart with this and not end up being another Decapre fiasco.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
What I expected this thread to be:
Hey guys, there's a newcomer announcement coming up Monday. Let's all gather so we can get hyped on which character it might be. It could be anyone. :awesome:

What this thread pretty much is:
-Hey guys, ther-
-It's Shulk.
-What? How do yo-
-Monolith guy retweeted. It's Shulk.
-But what doe-
-No. It's Shulk.
-And if-
-Then it's Chrom.
-Wha-
-Then it's Chorus Men (OR MARSHALL!! Because we have to make a big deal about that.)
-But what about Ridley? K.Rool? Bowser Jr.? Anna? Bandanna Dee?
-They're not listed in Gematsu. Gematsu is God.

This is called the "New Character to be Shown Monday" Thread. Not the "Shulk Leak to be True on Monday, Kill all the Hype" Thread.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Hey guys, there's a newcomer announcement coming up Monday. Let's all gather so we can get hyped on which character it might be. It could be anyone. :awesome:

-Hey guys, ther-
-It's Shulk.
-What? How do yo-
-But what doe-
-No. It's Shulk.
-And if-
-Then it's Chrom.
-Wha-
-Then it's Chorus Men (OR MARSHALL!! Because we have to make a big deal about that.)

This is called the "New Character to be Shown Monday" Thread. Not the "Shulk Leak to be True on Monday, Kill all the Hype" Thread.
Again, 2:06 is the best thing to kill Shulk.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Again, 2:06 is the best thing to kill Shulk.
I'd very much like it to. I mean don't get me wrong, Shulk's on my Top 5 but this is just ridiculous! The weekend that was supposed to be of hype leading up to the reveal has pretty much been "It's Shulk. Your argument is invalid. Retweets and Gematsu!".

so that the chorus men could be confirmed!
:facepalm: Case and point.

Last edited:

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Ahhhh, very good point. Yeah, could be a curveball. Strange though cause I imagine Sakurai calling up Monolith and asking for them to retweet the message just to confuse us. It's possible! But...
This little thing here: :troll:
Remember Palutena? Oh she's a statue! Oh, she's a tro- wait dats Psuedo-Palutena. Also remember that no Xenoblade Chronicles related jazz has been shown.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Never played Shulk's game but he looks interesting.

I hope this reveal isn't Shulk, Chrom or Chorus Men...or Ridley!

Suprise me with Isaac :3

Last edited:

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
I'd love it to be villain themed, starting with CGI Link and Samus fighting, then interrupted by Ganondorf. Right as link is landing a finishing D-air on Ganon, he is swoop attacked by Ridley. (insert Ridley announcement banner) Cut to a bunch of Ridley gameplay footage, then switch back to CGI as Ridley and Ganon stare down at their defeated foes, only to be hit by a psychic blast. As the smoke clears, the figure of Mewtwo becomes clear. (insert Mewtwo announcement banner) Cut to Mewtwo vs. Ridley gameplay. And then the Internet implodes.

I can dream... right?

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya

-Hey guys, ther-
-It's Shulk.
-What? How do yo-
-But what doe-
-No. It's Shulk.
-And if-
-Then it's Chrom.
-Wha-

Sounds about right.
How dare people even question the sacred Gematsu. It's just laughable. I'm just gonna wait it out.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
This little thing here: :troll:
Remember Palutena? Oh she's a statue! Oh, she's a tro- wait dats Psuedo-Palutena. Also remember that no Xenoblade Chronicles related jazz has been shown.
Yeah, I remember all that, but Sakurai did that on his own. Getting Monolith to retweet a smash announcement just to mess with our expectations? Seems a bit too convoluted and over-the-top. I don't believe the Gematsu stuff at all, but I'm betting on Shulk for this one.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Yeah, I remember all that, but Sakurai did that on his own. Getting Monolith to retweet a smash announcement just to mess with our expectations? Seems a bit too convoluted and over-the-top. I don't believe the Gematsu stuff at all, but I'm betting on Shulk for this one.
I think it's going to be Shulk also. I just don't want it to be.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
I'd be very surprised if we didn't get at least a Veteran reveal along with this Newcomer reveal.
Manage your expectations.
It won't be surprising at all if we don't get a veteran. We're getting a newcomer, why is this not enough?

Either way, I'm expecting Shulk or Chorus Men, but hoping for that Ridley.

Last edited:

pickle962

Smash Lord
Gematsu didn't know that Rosalina would be in the game and they sure as hell didn't accurately guess Greninja being the Pokémon X and Y rep. Oh and with Ike being the second FE rep, that reduces Chrom or whoever's chances of being part of the FE lineup quite a bit ;) As for Ridley, just accept that he's a stage boss on PryoSphere and DROP all talk on him somehow making the roster okay! *drops mic* #chewonthat

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I think it's going to be Shulk also. I just don't want it to be.
You want him to be secret or not in the game at all? I don't know much about his game but I bet his time sword thing could make for a very unique moveset/playstyle. Plus, he's unique in personality as well! Unlike Marth, Link, and other swordsmen, Shulk is apparantly shy and kinda sensitive from what I've seen? And he's got a british accent too! I didn't expect that at all!

Last edited:

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
I thank you for posting this. It really brings back the hype to the announcement I thought was lost.
You're welcome, but it's not my video.
You want him to be secret or not in the game at all? I don't know much about his game but I bet his time sword thing could make for a very unique moveset/playstyle. Plus, he's unique in attitude as well! Unlike Marth, Link, and other swordsmen, Shulk is apparantly shy and kinda sensitive from what I've seen? And he's got a british accent too! I didn't expect that at all!
I wasn't a big fan of Xenoblade. I'm not a big guy in the sense of RPG's at all. I'd be ok with him, but I don't want him to be.
Also, the Final Boss is WAY to easy for my taste.

Last edited:

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Gematsu didn't know that Rosalina would be in the game and they sure as hell didn't accurately guess Greninja being the Pokémon X and Y rep. Oh and with Ike being the second FE rep, that reduces Chrom or whoever's chances of being part of the FE lineup quite a bit ;) As for Ridley, just accept that he's a stage boss on PryoSphere and DROP all talk on him somehow making the roster okay! *drops mic* #chewonthat
Gematsu is love, Ridley is life.
sorrynotsorry

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Gemastsu might have known, but did not leak. I could make a fake leak a year ago with, ***in' Darkrai and not post Rosalina or Little Mac if Darkrai got in the game. ButI do agree with Greninja. We all knew some new Pokemon was getting in. Just not to much Greninja. Also, Ridley... I still have a sliver of hope.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
\
I wasn't a big fan of Xenoblade. I'm not a big guy in the sense of RPG's at all. I'd be ok with him, but I don't want him to be.
Also, the Final Boss is WAY to easy for my taste.
Well that's fair. I mean, I'd prefer other characters too, but I think he'd make a lot of people happy and he seems unique enough to be a cool addition to the family, but we have different opinions and that's fine. We'll see what happens tomorrow. I don't know anything about the final boss so... :4villager:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom