• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I just checked the trailer lengths for each

Only palutena is 3 minutes and thats because of the anime and 12 special moves. (And heres aomething weird greninjas trailer is shorter than rosalinas.

So unless shulk gets all that, I really doubt its him and Sakurai ask the xeno blade guys to tweet about it to bring us down the wrong road. (Ps if to make the trailer long enough mewtwo or R.O.B would probably have to join him for a reveal.)

(But really shulk still has a great shot at tomorrow.)

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
How about you PM:ing me that instead? Hypocrisy at its finest. :facepalm:

Also, why should I be more open-minded? It's the god damn Chorus Kids :mad:
So that other people would stop responding to you too and the page would be less cluttered. There ain't a lot of down side to being open-minded but okay, there's no point talking to ya.

Anyway, just in case it's Ridley (he's been pretty suspicious especially since almost no Pyrosphere since before E3) I'm really ganna miss "too big" jokes.

Last edited:

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
I just checked the trailer lengths for each

Only palutena is 3 minutes and thats because of the anime and 12 special moves.

So unless shulk gets all that, I really doubt its him and Sakurai ask the xeno blade guys to tweet about it to bring us down the wrong road.

(But really shulk still has a great shot at tomorrow.)
greninja's was close to 3 minutes as well like 10 seconds off or something but it had a vet too so it could ether way or we might get 2 newcomers but thats the longest shot of the three i think

Calibrate

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
So that other people would stop responding to you too and the page would be less cluttered. There ain't a lot of down side to being open-minded but okay, there's no point talking to ya.

Anyway, just in case it's Ridley (he's been pretty suspicious especially since almost no Pyrosphere since before E3) I'm really ganna miss "too big" jokes.
But you cluttered it more, and I would obviously respond. No point trying to teach you.

Shulk is seen as the most likely to be revealed on Monday...

People report getting FILSAMECH Miis at EVO...

Shulk versus FILSAMECH confirmed! :joyful:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I hope its Shulk and they put in a returning character or 2, preferably Mewtwo.
That would be icing on the cake for tomorrow's video. It may not happen, but it would be all the more sweeter.

Edit: Welcome to Smash Boards!

Last edited:

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai always likes to put a twist on things and give us something unexpected or more than promised.

Given this tendency, and combined with the fact that its a 3 minute trailer that was given 3 days' notice, it's gotta be more than the one new character promised. So it won't be just Shulk.

I'm thinking we'll see Mewtwo strike back...psychic powers vs time control powers? (I haven't played Xenoblade, but from what I've gathered Shulk is more than just a sword guy).

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I hope its Shulk and they put in a returning character or 2, preferably Mewtwo.
Well the game comes out in about 2 months in Japan, so we havta see the starting roster by then! Starting veterans we have to see are Wario, Meta Knight, and Ice Climbers. Lucas too but he might be cut. Mewtwo too technically, but he'll probably stay unlockable but maybe with a video since he's semi-new. SO! In two months, 3-4 characters havta be revealed. It wouldn't be insane to see a veteran or two along with the newcomer.
But hypothetically, if it is Shulk, who is most likely to show up with him? Lucas? Meta Knight? I don't know much about Shulk.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
everyone is so fickle about character selection.

back with 64 and Melee everything was so fresh and surreal that you loved every character they got.

Now in this age with Brawl and 4 everyone has become way too emotional about the choices someone else makes.
they still don't understand that you can never please anyone and they still don't understand people have different opinions then them.
everyone feels entitled to their personal favourites being include, and call every other idea that isn't theirs stupid.
a mod for this game has already been made to satisfied all the ridiculous needs of individuals, go complain to them about adding something you desperately want. they obviously have the tools and mindset to satisfy you rabid animals.

If you think Pac-Man's moveset is poorly executed you're a whining idiot who only likes to complain.
Allow me to correct the issues with this post. First and foremost, I don't have any qualms with Pacman, I'm saying that some OTHER people do. And as for the mod, Project M (and every other major Smash mod) is for Brawl, not "this game" (Smash 4). Whilst the PMBR does take suggestions, they do not specifically add in or change everything based solely on player requests. They aren't making a Smash game, they are modifying one and they are modifying it in the way that they want to. It is not their goal or responsibility to add in every (if any) characters that smashers want.

I'd have to do some digging, but I'm pretty sure a PMBR member said that they have no plans to mod Smash 4 and in fact they don't want to.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Sakurai always likes to put a twist on things and give us something unexpected or more than promised.

Given this tendency, and combined with the fact that its a 3 minute trailer that was given 3 days' notice, it's gotta be more than the one new character promised. So it won't be just Shulk.

I'm thinking we'll see Mewtwo strike back...psychic powers vs time control powers? (I haven't played Xenoblade, but from what I've gathered Shulk is more than just a sword guy).
Thats what im thinking if it is shulk

Its either A: R.O.B to fit with shulk vs robots thing.

Or B: mewtwo for sakurai to resurrect his armor one last time. (The armor will disguise mewtwo as a robot ofcoarse we would know it was him before shulk though.)

I mean greninjas trailer was only off the 3 minute mark by 10 seconds give or take 3 to 10 seconds.

And palutenas was only 3 minutes due to the little anime thing and because of her having 12 specials like the miis.

Last edited:

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
@Jumpman84 We need some answers please.

Allow me to correct the issues with this post. First and foremost, I don't have any qualms with Pacman, I'm saying that some OTHER people do. And as for the mod, Project M (and every other major Smash mod) is for Brawl, not "this game" (Smash 4). Whilst the PMBR does take suggestions, they do not specifically add in or change everything based solely on player requests. They aren't making a Smash game, they are modifying one and they are modifying it in the way that they want to. It is not their goal or responsibility to add in every (if any) characters that smashers want.

I'd have to do some digging, but I'm pretty sure a PMBR member said that they have no plans to mod Smash 4 and in fact they don't want to.
You are 100% correct. A PMBR member on Facebook stated on Facebook that they have no plans for hacking the Wii U and modding Smash Wii U.

They even said Smash 4 has great competitive potential and it may offer something different from the three other games.

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

That would be boss.

derrickd95

Smash Rookie
I see a lot of people saying that they want/think tomorrow's reveal will be Paper Mario, but there's something wrong with that. If Paper Mario is in the game, then how will be able to distinguish between him and regular Mario on the Glitzville stage on the Wii U?

I see a lot of people saying that they want/think tomorrow's reveal will be Paper Mario, but there's something wrong with that. If Paper Mario is in the game, then how will be able to distinguish between him and regular Mario on the Glitzville stage on the Wii U?
This?

It's fake.

Dracometeor

Smash Apprentice
Then he could make a playable white sheet of paper great.

You wouldn't want a playable white sheet of paper, would you?
Are you kidding? I've been rooting for PaperMan to make it into the game since Melee. He is such a cool character. Who cares if he's only a piece of paper with eyes and legs? He's still my #1 pick for Sm4sh. Right before the AMC Candy box.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
It is? Aw man, that was the stage I was looking forward to the most! I guess that explains why I haven't ever seen anybody talk about it...
well i mean it shows kirby and pikachu in 2d, the amount of work to have more models for each character would be insane

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
So now everyone is expecting a double reveal.

Why?
People are too excited for this and...
WHY PEOPLE NEED TO STOP THINKING IS A VETERAN OR VETERAN FIGHTER!!!
WERE ONLY GONNA SEE A NEW FIGHTER AND ITS ALL ABOUT THE NEW FIGHTER!!!
Veteran is to tease us our predictions ok.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
It may even be Third-Party.

I MEAN, YA NEVER KNOW.

It also seems the first of its kind to just make a big deal out of a character reveal. But there's always a first for everything with Sakurai. The first to tease this, to tease that, to show this, to mention that, in every different way. So it was bound to happen anyways. Ridley? Because I mean, it might be something to tell the fans "CONVINCED NOW?!"

But please Dixie Kong or Krystal.

Dixie Kong or Krystal.

Dixie Kong or Krystal.

Dixie Kong or Krystal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom