• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
If we're talking about long shots that would be cool...

Geno.
sadly i think he is owned by square who is not really known for licensing out the characters they own. As for me I will be stoked for whoever it is for the most part but I do want Shulk as xenoblade was one of my favorite games of last gen

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Think before you post, no he does not. Stop saying crap like this guys. Squirtle Ivysaur and Charizard are not the same entity. I can't comprehend why people think that they are.
Especially when Sakurai has always said that Brawl had 39 playable characters.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yeah, there were 6 Pokémon characters in Brawl, and I am still confused why people still try to convince others it's not. People make some very interesting rules of their own about Smash.

Anywho, on topic. The Smash Twitter Asked

"Who do you Think will be revealed tomorrow?"

My top Three guesses are

1: Shulk
2: Ridley
3: Chrom

andimidna

Smash Master
When I heard this announcement I thought Shulk and Chrom were on equal grounds to get confirmed. But with no Xenoblade content and already 2 FE chararcters, and this unusual timing, Shulk seems to be more likely going by what has happened in the past. Although the length of the video does make me consider a veteran being there too. That wouldn't happen in a Shulk video. In my dreams we'd get Chrom + Lucina/Robin/Anna or K Rool + Dixie. I think that if its a double character announcement the most likely might be Ganondorf and Ghirahim. But that's still not very likely. Maybe there will be extensive gameplay to the song You Will Know Our Names and the time will pass. I'm not counting out Chrom, K Rool, or Ridley though. I think they'll all be on the final roster and that Takamaru and Chorus Kids will be secret characters. But Shulk makes the most sense for right now.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I thought the reveal was at 7pm, not 7am!
Awesome I can watch it before I have to go to work!
I don't understand, so many places (like where I work) use a 24 hour clock, 12 hour clocks are fu#@$%ng confusing!

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
12 characters in 64...
26 in melee...
39 in brawl...
51 in ssb4...
Seems legit. 39 veterans minus Snake, Lucas, Ivy and squi ; 35.
Plus one with Mewtwo, 36.
We have 12 ( if Gematsu is right ) newcomers ; 48. But Mii Fighters count as three, so 50.
One last spot... Lucas or Snake ?

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I still find it weird, that if Gematsu is correct, that there will only be two newcomers left to discover in game. Like... no surprises. Imagine if he knows who will be revealed and not who is hidden; and that Rosalina was supposed to remain hidden. The internet would explode.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
I thought the reveal was at 7pm, not 7am!
Awesome I can watch it before I have to go to work!
I don't understand, so many places (like where I work) use a 24 hour clock, 12 hour clocks are fu#@$%ng confusing!
i think its because its 7pm in japan(?) also remeber is 7 am pst

I still find it weird, that if Gematsu is correct, that there will only be two newcomers left to discover in game. Like... no surprises. Imagine if he knows who will be revealed and not who is hidden; and that Rosalina was supposed to remain hidden. The internet would explode.
except the leak never said that it was all the characters until we see the final roster in game we won't know every character im guessing as smash has always had some secret characters

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
12 characters in 64...
26 in melee...
39 in brawl...
51 in ssb4...
Seems legit. 39 veterans minus Snake, Lucas, Ivy and squi ; 35.
Plus one with Mewtwo, 36.
We have 12 ( if Gematsu is right ) newcomers ; 48. But Mii Fighters count as three, so 50.
One last spot... Lucas or Snake ?
Mii Fighters don't count as three. http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/mii_fighter.html

I've never actually noticed that before. Each iteration roughly increased roster size by between 12 and 14.

Except Gematsu never stated that those were all the newcomers. And we've had secret/hidden newcomers in every single Smash game.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This time, I don't think Sakurai will be hiding any newcomers from us. Of course, that's not to say that he won't make them unlockables.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
This time, I don't think Sakurai will be hiding any newcomers from us. Of course, that's not to say that he won't make them unlockables.
its hard to say. we have always had hidden newcomers but maybe he has changed his mind for this one only time will tell i think

Kirby98

Smash Cadet
Alright, I will have to list a few characters just for the sake of this thread!

Balloon Fighter (Very Likely!)

Chrom

Krystal

King k.rool

Medusa

Majolor

Lip

Takamaru

Tamagon

Chibi Robo

Rusty the baseball sales dog

Anna from Fire Emblem

Please let me know via PM by tomorrow if I am correct on any of these characters, Thanks for reading! :D

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I get the idea that it's gonna be both a vet and a newcomer. Even though I don't particularly like any if the Gematsu leaks, if I had to choose, I'd pick Shulk. I find the Chrous men to be the most ridiculous idea ever even though the friggin Wii Fit Trainer is in.

Still hoping for Mewtwo.

Open the spoiler if you care for insane coincidental reasoning.

As a little trivia, today, in Japan, is when the 16th Pokemon movie released, with the second look at Mewtwo's Mega Evolution, which is why, despite being an insane coincidence, I think Mewtwo has a good chance. I'll just keep hoping.[spoiler/]

LF2K

Floor Diver
My guesses:

1. Shulk
2. Chrom
3. Someone completely random or unpredictable.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I just have no idea why Sakurai is holding out on Chrom. I felt like he should have been tossed in during on of the E3 trailers.

Maybe Sakurai has done something really crazy with him that will blow everyone's mind. Like making him nude.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
I get the idea that it's gonna be both a vet and a newcomer. Even though I don't particularly like any if the Gematsu leaks, if I had to choose, I'd pick Shulk. I find the Chrous men to be the most ridiculous idea ever even though the friggin Wii Fit Trainer is in.

Still hoping for Mewtwo.

Open the spoiler if you care for insane coincidental reasoning.
i dont think it will be mewtwo as its not a newcomer which is what the trailer is for

Last edited:

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
I think it'd be neat if Chrom had some sort of weapon-switching move. From his sword to a lance/spear (Forget what they are called, not a big deal though)

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
I'm curious what WOULD be considered disproving/proving the Gematsu leak to people, at this point, because it seems the fence has been built and camps formed, and there is no going back for those on either side.
I'm late to this, but idgaf.

For it to be proved for me, every newcomer on the roster will have to be proved correct. For me, there's too many mitigating circumstances.

On topic: The more I think about it, the less I realise we know about this reveal at all.
If we go on the information were given, we know nothing. Zilch. Nada. Nil.
So, I'm not going to speculate. The overanalysis is just... urgh.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
I think it'd be neat if Chrom had some sort of weapon-switching move. From his sword to a lance/spear (Forget what they are called, not a big deal though)
if they went that route they could give him all three weapon types and magic as he can use everything but staves

I'm late to this, but idgaf.

For it to be proved for me, every newcomer on the roster will have to be proved correct. For me, there's too many mitigating circumstances.

On topic: The more I think about it, the less I realise we know about this reveal at all.
If we go on the information were given, we know nothing. Zilch. Nada. Nil.
So, I'm not going to speculate. The overanalysis is just... urgh.
well the first leak is 100% real i think since all of those characters are confirmed

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Tomorrows the day which one will we get?

And yes top to bottoms is most likely to least likely

(Remember mewtwo is both a newcomer and veteran since not in brawl)

Or

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah, I'm sure characters will be unlockable just like Always. But like Mario Kart, I Think they will all be revealed Before release.
I doubt we're going to see all veterans pre-release, but it's looking likely we'll see all newcomers.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I doubt we're going to see all veterans pre-release, but it's looking likely we'll see all newcomers.
Yeah, I did mean the newcomers, thank you. ^^ I mean, unless they show a whole bunch of veterans tomorrow, I doubt they will show many more of them Before release.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I basically see it going one of two ways:

- Secret unlockables, Gematsu only knew the characters who were to be announced.
- All will be announced before, but Gematsu is incomplete.

I don't see how Sakurai would keep teasing fans with Ridley if he's not playable, he made no mistake about all the other deconfirmed characters; Ashley, Skull Kid, Waluigi, Dillon, Nabbit etc. Why tease such a huge portion of the fanbase only to disappoint them leading into the launch of the game? And I'm saying this as someone who has absolutely no fondness for the Ridley character, or the Metroid series at all.

I think the first scenario above is more likely, as we've always had secret/unlockable newcomers. I don't see why that'd change now.

FirstaLasto

Smash Cadet
That's kind of the point. We have tiny humans with big heads, realistic proportioned humans with normal sized heads, normal weapons, magic, cartoony animals, more realistic animals, etc. Shulk fits in just as much as Link or Marth. Same with Chrom. Chorus Kids fit just as much as R.O.B. or Mr. Game & Watch.

The differences and 'not fitting' is what makes them fit. That's the essence of SSB. The diversity of Nintendo's characters across their franchises.
...did you read the rest of my post? Shulk was the only one I pushed that type of "fit in" argument on.

Seriously, read the rest of the post, I'm not going to explain the entire thing all over again when its right there.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I just have no idea why Sakurai is holding out on Chrom. I felt like he should have been tossed in during on of the E3 trailers.

Maybe Sakurai has done something really crazy with him that will blow everyone's mind. Like making him nude.
<
My reaction if that happened.
If there are no pelvic thrusts, I'll be dissapointed.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't see how Sakurai would keep teasing fans with Ridley if he's not playable, he made no mistake about all the other deconfirmed characters; Ashley, Skull Kid, Waluigi, Dillon, Nabbit etc. Why tease such a huge portion of the fanbase only to disappoint them leading into the launch of the game? And I'm saying this as someone who has absolutely no fondness for the Ridley character, or the Metroid series at all.
Sakurai probably would've told us by now if Ridley truly is a stage hazard. But even then, because Other M Ridley is a completely different entity from the Ridley who murdered Samus's parents, this does mean that playable Ridley can't be ruled out right now.

On a side note, classic Donkey Kong was 75m's stage hazard, and yet the modern Donkey Kong was playable in Brawl.

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
Like many people said, I think the newcomers left on the Gematsu leak, are the only ones left to be shown in regards to trailer. Shulk will probably have the Monday trailer since he is a huge thing in Japan, Chrom in a Nintendo Direct and Chorus Men just before launch in Japan.

If there is going to be any secret newcomers, I don't know. But, it's pretty safe to bet that these three will be shown before launch.

But it would be cool to see someone outside of the Sal leak though since the surprise factor is pretty much gone. (DAMN YOU SOCIAL MEDIA!)

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
...did you read the rest of my post? Shulk was the only one I pushed that type of "fit in" argument on.

Seriously, read the rest of the post, I'm not going to explain the entire thing all over again when its right there.
In regards to shulk in your argument you say that since the company was bought by nintendo and didnt start with them his does not feel like a nintendo character. I would like to point out then that game freak was not originally part of nintendo ether does that make pokemon not fit for smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom