• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Because we already have two Fire Emblem starters and Chorus Men would make the 3-day pre-hype fall flat on its face. Shulk is the only one who can at least attempt to carry this kind of hype, and even then I think Gematsu has ruined his chance to hype people in such a manner.

Didn't the developer do that with a past Nintendo Direct too where nothing Xenoblade related was in? IIRC he/she is also a Smash fan.
i think the direct they retweeted was one x was in if i am remembering dates right

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
Wait, what? I know Gematsu shared that thing about DLC characters and that Lucas was more likely to return than Ness, but how do you Falco and Wolf are returning? Did I miss a new wave of Gematsu leakage or are you speculating?

FYI, Wolf is not a clone of Fox, even less so than Luigi is to Mario or Lucas is to Ness. He shares no attacks with Fox, just somewhat similar special attacks.
The Gematsu rumor said nothing about them or any other Brawl veterans except Lucas, in reality it was just me basing my prior knowledge on well....a bunch of assumptions from Gematsu supporters , who believe that the roster may just be Brawl's roster with 4 cuts( Iysaur, Squirtle, Snake, Lucas) and the 10 newcomers. While many Gematsu supporters like myself see this as the final roster, it's not.The Gematsu rumor never mentioned Snake, Squirtle, Iysaur, or any other Brawl's veterans fate except for Lucas. In the end, it's just speculation from the vague details from a rumor.

Also, I never mentioned Wolf as a straight up clone. I said non-clone for a reason, but if he returns, so should Lucas.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Scraping the bottom of the barrel huh? Like three more newcomers scraping?

Looks like most vets remaining are being kept for septembers japanese 3ds release. Fine with me!

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Scraping the bottom of the barrel huh? Like three more newcomers scraping?

Looks like most vets remaining are being kept for septembers japanese 3ds release. Fine with me!
it said the last of the newcomers with trailers, there could very well be hidden newcomers without trailers

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Didn't the developer do that with a past Nintendo Direct too where nothing Xenoblade related was in? IIRC he/she is also a Smash fan.
We discussed this already. He retweeted the Japanese Nintendo Direct which included Xenoblade Chronicle 2. (The US Nintendo Direct didn't have it.) And he's not a developer really. He wrote the characters and story.

Last edited:

KingLucasx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordViLL
Would be hilarious if it was Ridley it would be a crazy monday. Even though i'm all for Shulk Monday.

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
The Gematsu rumor said nothing about them or any other Brawl veterans except Lucas, in reality it was just me basing my prior knowledge on well....a bunch of assumptions from Gematsu supporters , who believe that the roster may just be Brawl's roster with 4 cuts( Iysaur, Squirtle, Snake, Lucas) and the 10 newcomers. While many Gematsu supporters like myself see this as the final roster, it's not.The Gematsu rumor never mentioned Snake, Squirtle, Iysaur, or any other Brawl's veterans fate except for Lucas. In the end, it's just speculation from the vague details from a rumor.

Also, I never mentioned Wolf as a straight up clone. I said non-clone for a reason, but if he returns, so should Lucas.
I honestly do believe the Gematsu leak, but I also believe we'll have more newcomers than this. It never specified they were the only newcomers, but I could just be overly optimistic. And I apologize for being a tad defensive for Wolf, I just find that he gets a fair amount of unnecessary criticism, so I jumped to conclusions.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Guys the Xenoblade guy retweeted it. Its Shulk. Just like the last time he retweeted Sakurai and the character revealed was Shulk.

(though I guess we're running out of characters to be revealed)

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well, all these tweets point to shulk

which is kinda pissing me off

not that it's shulk, but that it's being spoiled

again >.>

What's the point of a newcomer reveal if it's leaked twice

MasterofMonster

Smash Master

again >.>

What, you Think Nintendo would decide to not reveal Shulk just because someone leaked he'd be in the game? :p

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper

again >.>

as much as i want shulk i agree let something be secret for once lol

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I was really expecting Wario last night. But this works too. :D

Bring on the Shulk.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
as much as i want shulk i agree let something be secret for once lol
I don't really care if shulk is in or not, but it's a lot less exciting if I know about it beforehand...

What, you Think Nintendo would decide to not reveal Shulk just because someone leaked he'd be in the game? :p
No, I'm pissed that nobody can keep a secret and most of the newcomer reveals are ruined because I know them already

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I don't really care if shulk is in or not, but it's a lot less exciting if I know about it beforehand...

No, I'm pissed that nobody can keep a secret and most of the newcomer reveals are ruined because I know them already
I understand. But remember. Nothing has indicated so far that those last Three are the LAST Three. ^^ I mean, I still expect Ridley, so I am not that worried yet.

Anyways, I Think this will be Shulk. But every time I've thought I knew who'd be revealed, someone else comes along instead.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Guys the Xenoblade guy retweeted it. Its Shulk. Just like the last time he retweeted Sakurai and the character revealed was Shulk.

(though I guess we're running out of characters to be revealed)
He has never retweeted Smash news or Nintendo news not related to Xenoblade. Other Monolithsoft reps have, but he has not.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I understand. But remember. Nothing has indicated so far that those last Three are the LAST Three. ^^ I mean, I still expect Ridley, so I am not that worried yet.

Anyways, I Think this will be Shulk. But every time I've thought I knew who'd be revealed, someone else comes along instead.
Every time I thought something new was gonna be revealed, gematsu reared it's ugly head in >.>

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm guessing it's either Shulk or Ridley. Shulk because of the retweet, Ridley because that's the only character that's really going to bring da hype. Either way, I'm hoping we get some more veterans too. At this point, seeing Snake or Lucas is much more likely to hype me up than seeing Chrom, Shulk, or Chorus Men. And you know, Wario, Meta Knight, and Ice Climbers are all still unrevealed too.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
He has never retweeted Smash news or Nintendo news not related to Xenoblade. Other Monolithsoft reps have, but he has not.
Oh ok. I wouldn't hold too much into it though. They may just be retweeting stuff because it could be Shulk. Not that it actually will be.

Shroob

Sup?
So.... if Shulk gets confirmed, Gematsu is 9 for 11.... Will people finally concede it's real then?

Captain Fun

Smash Lord

again >.>

Counter argument- what's the point of a leak if it doesn't ruin surprises?

wait no that still sucks. Yeah, it's looking like Shulk.

Last edited:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Why some of you are upset is beyond me, People lost the point of these reveals! it's not about the excitement, it's all about the content, if it was leaked, so what ? as long the content is great (Shulk is a great character) why are you upset!

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Also, we're probably still getting a direct in August.... Which means Chrom most likely...

I guess Sakurai was serious about not wanting the internet to spoil this game, so he's going to do it himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom