• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super_Queijo

Smash Apprentice
It's Shulk, the guy from Xenosaga retweeted Sakurai's post, the same thing happened when Little Mac was revealed

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
You don't think there would be a Nintendo Direct in August? One month before a major Nintendo Game release in their home country? I think you sir misunderstood.
no i was saying how itll be an unexpected character that last one wed expect not the last character we can expect to see

Farorae

Smash Ace
Can't really say there's anyone I want specifically because most of the characters I want are in the game already. Plus I trust Sakurai's picks for newcomers far more than my own. (Although I do think Shulk would be a pretty cool newcomer!)

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'm expecting Chrom to be revealed since I've assumed he'll be in from the start. It would be nice to see a character not from Gematsu though, just to confirm that there are more characters than people think.

JPW

Smash Ace
14th July is actually my birthday but because of time differences. This reveal will happen at the end of my birthday lol, 12am Tuesday.

Nonetheless i'm quite happy he chose this date.

I really want it to be Isaac or Ridley. But if i must i'll take Shulk or Chrom.

Don't get me wrong I would love a Shulk reveal. Xenoblade is like my 3rd favourite game of all time.
But i want a character out of the ordinary so Gematsu is proven false. It's really sucked the fun out of speculating.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
They've retweeted other things like the Smash Direct, as well... not sure whether that helps or hurts the chances.
When someone from Monolithsoft retweets news about a Direct or Reveal, there's usually info pertaining their games forthcoming.

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't wish that upon anyone. Every character has fans, so every disconfirmation is disappointing.

Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Kids all have sizable fanbases that would be very upset in the event that one of their most wanted doesn't make the cut. I happen to be one of the biggest supporters for the most controversial of the bunch.
But most people here are taking it as fact, that they have been confirmed. It's one thing to get excited for someone once they have been confirmed to be in the game, but, another to get excited to the point, to ignore facts and realities is another thing. I could easily jump behind the idea of Ridley being in the game as a playable character, because 1. He hasn't been specifically stated to be a stage hazard. 2. He's one of the most heavily requested characters 3. Sakurai has been known to troll the fanbase. So in other words, you can get excited, but, don't get too excited to the point where you're already confirming them in the game, other wise you're just setting yourself up for a massive disappointment. All I want to see if the leak is deconfirmed, is a dose of reality finally hitting this community.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
One liners don't make up a personality. In the game, Chrom is the same power of friendship ***** as half the other lords. God, if you ever play Roy's game, every other one of his lines makes me wanna throw up.
One of the main reasons I'm opposed to Link speaking in Zelda games is because I feel 95% certain Nintendo would go for the generic Japanese protagonist friendship-and-determination archetype if he were given a voice and personality.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
But most people here are taking it as fact, that they have been confirmed. It's one thing to get excited for someone once they have been confirmed to be in the game, but, another to get excited to the point, to ignore facts and realities is another thing. I could easily jump behind the idea of Ridley being in the game as a playable character, because 1. He hasn't been specifically stated to be a stage hazard. 2. He's one of the most heavily requested characters 3. Sakurai has been known to troll the fanbase. So in other words, you can get excited, but, don't get too excited to the point where you're already confirming them in the game, other wise you're just setting yourself up for a massive disappointment. All I want to see if the leak is deconfirmed, is a dose of reality finally hitting this community.
So you're talking about Ridley being extremely likely, and then talking about setting yourself up for disappointment?

Isn't that like an oxymoron or something?

Super_Queijo

Smash Apprentice
But I remember there was also a retweet from a guy from Next Level maybe they just retweet because they work together somehow?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I want Chrom shown but I expect Shulk.
I want Chorus Kids shown but I expect Shulk.

I do think that Chorus Kids stand a good chance. At least then everyone would stop arguing about Gematsu and we can talk about more interesting things.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
I'd hope for Shulk, but really any newcomer at this point would please me.
I didn't want Pacman, or Mii Fighters, or Palutena. But hey now I'm pleased with them! .... for the most part.
Anyone who's still likely (unless another WFT shows up) ill be very pleased

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I think Shulk would be best saved for Direct, when they show of Xenoblade and follow it by showing Shulk after to try and gauge more interest in him.

Let's face it, he's not got a mass-crowd appealing design, and he's from an extremely unknown game series. Chrom would be the same deal, show off Tensei x Fire Emblem and then follow it with his trailer.

Chorus Men deserve their own little trailer with the attention solely on them because of their extremely unique playstyle.

Of course all of this is assuming that the gematsu leak is true.

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
So you're talking about Ridley being extremely likely, and then talking about setting yourself up for disappointment?

Isn't that like an oxymoron or something?
*facepalm* No I'm not, I know Ridley could just as easily be a boss you fight in Adventure Mode, and a stage hazard.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Seems like it's going to be Shulk. Some Monolithsoft guy retweeted the news.
https://twitter.com/yuichiro_takeda
Nice. It is not my most wanted newcomer, but Shulk is an interesting character and I am looking forward to see how they will implement the Monado in his Smash gameplay. On the plus side, the character to be revealed is not Chrom, if the tweet means anything at all.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I wasn't expecting a reveal so soon. It's only been a about a month since E3. No complaints, though.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I think Shulk would be best saved for Direct, when they show of Xenoblade and follow it by showing Shulk after to try and gauge more interest in him.

Let's face it, he's not got a mass-crowd appealing design, and he's from an extremely unknown game series. Chrom would be the same deal, show off Tensei x Fire Emblem and then follow it with his trailer.

Chorus Men deserve their own little trailer with the attention solely on them because of their extremely unique playstyle.

Of course all of this is assuming that the gematsu leak is true.
Eh, you're thinking with a Western mind set. Shulk, according to Chronobound's Japan post, is THE most wanted character for Smash that isn't from an existing franchise and has been since before the initial reveal. The "What does Japan think of Little Mac" article also mentions him as one the most wanted new comers.... so his reveal would be extremely hype in Japan.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Eh, you're thinking with a Western mind set. Shulk, according to Chronobound's Japan post, is THE most wanted character for Smash that isn't from an existing franchise and has been since before the initial reveal. The "What does Japan think of Little Mac" article also mentions him as one the most wanted new comers.... so his reveal would be extremely hype in Japan.
I guess that makes sense. However I still think announcing him after showing off the new Xenoblade game in a direct would be the best way to go, at least for everyone outside of Japan.

Senario

Smash Ace
Monday? Not during EVO? Eeeeeh why? If they had shown the character at evo with an updated build that showed that the game actually has more good competitive mechanics it would've been so much better. Dash dancing and landing lag being lower all around are some ideas. And momentum carrying over when you run and jump.

Meh, whatever it is I am not sure I'll bother waking up for it. I'll just go watch it on their channel later.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I guess that makes sense. However I still think announcing him after showing off the new Xenoblade game in a direct would be the best way to go, at least for everyone outside of Japan.
I honestly thought E3 would have been a perfect reveal, as you could have tied it into the Xenoblade Chronicles X trailer.

By the way, this was the tier of want (in Japan) list from Chrono's post, thought it would be interesting to see when we are discussing possible newcomer reveals:

S:
Mewtwo
Roy

A:
Mega Man
Palutena
Shulk
K. Rool

B:
Dixie Kong
Chrom
Zoroark

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I honestly thought E3 would have been a perfect reveal, as you could have tied it into the Xenoblade Chronicles X trailer.

By the way, this was the tier of want (in Japan) list from Chrono's post, thought it would be interesting to see when we are discussing possible newcomer reveals:

S:
Mewtwo
Roy

A:
Mega Man
Palutena
Shulk
K. Rool

B:
Dixie Kong
Chrom
Zoroark
Genuinely surprised that Palutena was that high. And that Roy was higher than K. Rool.

Funny that Roy was way more wanted than Chrom too.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Shulk, Chrom and chorus kids... Of the tree gematsu guys...

Chrom would be no surprise but MEH.

Shulk and Chorus Kids in another hand is a freaking YES!! I Need them!!

Outside the leakier character (supposed to be).

I REALLY REALLY want Isaac from Golden Sun. My boy need to be in!
Don't forget bandana dee, My hopes are small but I still gonna fight for him!
Ray III is a very bad-ass Character to Smash and its could be a good ranged fighters.
This more a Character discussion Thread than normal smash news. But my god the HYPE IS FLOWING MY VEINS!!!
(Don't worry Takamaru, I still remember your still a awesome samurai to SMASH. But I feel Sakurai betrayed you again.)

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Genuinely surprised that Palutena was that high. And that Roy was higher than K. Rool.

Funny that Roy was way more wanted than Chrom too.
Yeah, if the Gemetsu leak is true and Mewtwo also comes back, it looks like Sakurai really did pay attention to the fans. Just the Japanese fans.... although Little Mac seemed to be his way of throwing us a bone.

The only thing that really stands out would be the lack of Donkey Kong Country characters, as they are insanely popular everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom