• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
That's how it works around here, you can make your own rumor, call it a leak, and a ton of people will believe it to be 100% true.
Especially when 8/11 of your predictions are correct, Rhythm Heaven has an enemy in Smash Run, and there are three glorious months to reveal three glorious characters.

josh bones

Smash Lord
Please, do not put words in my mouth. I did not call anyone dumb. I can understand people not liking my opinion because they are very emotional about Ridley or gematsu, but it is what it is.

Also, it didn't seem very ambiguous to me. I just think people are having a hard time separating their emotions with logic, which is a human flaw that we're all guilty of at certain points in our lives. I just try not to get too emotionally invested in video games, especially rumors about games that haven't been released yet. I've been keeping up with video game news on the internet since the late 90's, so I've certainly been guilty of doing so myself. I just try to keep it from happening again.
The only thing we learned is that ridley has a shadow. How is that not ambiguous.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not really. I remember saying before Virgil was announced for UMvC3 that he was going to be bland, and similar to Dante. Despite popularity due to his OPness, I was completely right.

How many ways can someone swing a sword and still have the character be compelling? We already have Link, Toon Link, Ike, Marth and Mii Swordsman. Probably Meta Knight too. Give me a character that utilizes a unique tool like... their HAIR.
Quite a few ways really. Though, this isn't really the place for that. In which case, come to the Chrom thread! The OP has quite a few compelling takes on Chrom from users across the boards.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
But imo personality plays so little a factor for a character in smash since they same maybe one or two lines of dialog total. I mean in the long run a lot of the characters don't have and never have a personality anyway so to hold it against one character seems weird
It still makes me dislike the character as a whole. And all the characters have personality, some are just more expressive than others. Pikachu is a cute rodent that shocks his owner. G&W is a cheeky little *******. Chrom believes in the power of friendship and never give up and anything can change.... just like marth... just like roy... Once you play these fire emblem games the repetition gets to you.

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
Well, I am personally really excited. Even with obscure choices like the Wii Fit Trainer, the trailers they are given really build excitement for their inclusion whether you wanted them or not.

Because of the Coliseum stage and Ike being confirmed recently, I believe they will present a new Fire Emblem character. While I very much believe it will be Chrom, I think we'll have another character as well, maybe being hinted as an unlockable character at the end in a similar manner as to Mr. Game & Watch (with Pac-Man) and Dark Pit (with Palutena) (maybe). It very well could be Lucina, the Tactician (my personal preference), or - just to really mess with people - Roy.

However, the character I WANT to see a trailer for is Ridley, but Sakurai's implication that Ridley is Pyrosphere's boss makes him seem all the more unlikely, but that would also be perfect for a spontaneous trailer like this.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
It still makes me dislike the character as a whole. And all the characters have personality, some are just more expressive than others. Pikachu is a cute rodent that shocks his owner. G&W is a cheeky little *******. Chrom believes in the power of friendship and never give up and anything can change.... just like marth... just like roy... Once you play these fire emblem games the repetition gets to you.
I can see where you are coming from on chrom, but I still can't agree with all the characters having personality.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I can see where you are coming from on chrom, but I still can't agree with all the characters having personality.
It's a different kind of personality, but it's there. It's in the facial expressions, the sounds they make, the way they attack. You have to have noticed all the detail they've added things like facial expressions this game.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
3 minutes, 3 days, 3-man potential newcomer...

Zero Escape: 999 confirmed.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I hope it's not Chrom, Chorus Kids or Shulk.

Sure, they can be in the game and that'd be awesome, but my hype levels would rise once more if a non-Gematsu character were revealed, showing that we can expect more than the leak says.

Edit: See below my trailer concept for Robin from the Robin thread. I expect to see exactly this on Monday.

Imagine a trailer like this.

Gigantic Chrom destroying cities

when Chrom joins the battle Alfonzo takes his place etc

when the camera stops and focuses on a cardboard box.

Literally everyone: "Snake's back!!!!"

Then Robin jumps out of the box: "Show time!" and launches the Ridley nuke at Chrom, Chrom screeches and his flesh mask falls off revealing Ridley as well, they both show some moves (Typical trailer stuff) and after the logo fades you get an after-scene of Robin and Ridley playing chess. "Now that's strategy!" "RAWWARRGH"

I don't get enough sleep

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Well, I am personally really excited. Even with obscure choices like the Wii Fit Trainer, the trailers they are given really build excitement for their inclusion whether you wanted them or not.
True! Greninja's trailer got me hyped even though I had no idea who he was at the time.

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
Especially when 8/11 of your predictions are correct, Rhythm Heaven has an enemy in Smash Run, and there are three glorious months to reveal three glorious characters.
The game is not out yet, do not take it as fact yet. It could stay as that, 8/11 are correct, maybe only one of them becomes an actual character, while the others are just wishes, the "leaker" would like to see. I honestly hope the leaks are deconfirmed as 100% truth, just to see all the reactions on here.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
So here's a thought

this is being shown on the closest possible weekday to the 13'th

the game comes out exactly 2 months after that

maybe another newcomer August 13 (or closest), and then one more when the game comes out?

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Please, do not put words in my mouth. I did not call anyone dumb. I can understand people not liking my opinion because they are very emotional about Ridley or gematsu, but it is what it is.

Also, it didn't seem very ambiguous to me. I just think people are having a hard time separating their emotions with logic, which is a human flaw that we're all guilty of at certain points in our lives. I just try not to get too emotionally invested in video games, especially rumors about games that haven't been released yet. I've been keeping up with video game news on the internet since the late 90's, so I've certainly been guilty of doing so myself. I just try to keep it from happening again.
I didn't. I said "implied." Sorry if it seemed like I did.

Yeah I get what you're saying, logically though I think Ridley and Gematsu are both likely choices considering Gematsu being "on a roll" and Ridley not being 100% ruled out. I still think that if Ridley were a stage boss they would have shown him by now.

Trisongs

Smash Apprentice
well knowing that Mario bros came out that day I think the announcement should be tied with the Mario franchise or a character tied to the classic Mario stage

Greda

Smash Journeyman
I hope it's not Ridley. But I do hope it's something like Bayonetta. Unpopular opinion, much.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
It's a different kind of personality, but it's there. It's in the facial expressions, the sounds they make, the way they attack. You have to have noticed all the detail they've added things like facial expressions this game.
But how can you compare the two then. To say that chrom's personality sucks in this game, if he is in, because of awakening is kinda wrong if you are not gonna take the personalities for the other characters from there games instead of smash

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
I think it's more likely that Sakurai would save a playable Ridey reveal for August or early September, since he's the most talked-about potential Newcomer ever, and with the great majority of those talking about him wanting him to be playable.

But then again, it's a 3 minute trailer.

I can't see Chrom or Shulk justifying a 3 minute trailer, and hardly anyone outside of Smash fandom know who the Chorus Kids are.

So I think it's someone big, or some combination of Newcomer(s) and Veteran(s).

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
But how can you compare the two then. To say that chrom's personality sucks in this game, if he is in, because of awakening is kinda wrong if you are not gonna take the personalities for the other characters from there games instead of smash
In smash, the FE characters have generally gotten their personality from their games. It was harder to tell in melee because they spoke japanese, but in brawl, with lines like "I fight for my friends" it becomes obvious.

Chrom - "I.. er.. also fight for my friends"

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
I don't know, there still is a Nintendo Direct in August most likely, so we might get another newcomer besides the Monday one.
i think you misunderstood
You don't think there would be a Nintendo Direct in August? One month before a major Nintendo Game release in their home country? I think you sir misunderstood.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
In smash, the FE characters have generally gotten their personality from their games. It was harder to tell in melee because they spoke japanese, but in brawl, with lines like "I fight for my friends" it becomes obvious.

Chrom - "I.. er.. also fight for my friends"
No, it's "ANYTHING CAN CHANGE!"

ferioku

Smash Ace
I'm seriously hoping it's Isaac, but my dreams are always crushed whenever there is a reveal or some sort of tease... He will certainly introduce a brand new style of play with his psynergy. His moves will also be much more versatile and less dull than Chrom and even Shulk! Buut Sakurai never thinks like that, I guess we will have to wait and see. Just hoping the Gematsu leak is wrong!

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
One liners don't make up a personality. In the game, Chrom is the same power of friendship ***** as half the other lords. God, if you ever play Roy's game, every other one of his lines makes me wanna throw up.
but you just used ike's one liner's as his personality in brawl lol

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Let's think about this. As much as I believe the Gematsu leak, Chorus Men, Chrom, and Shulk are too obscure to rally any major hype. Mewtwo is well known and famous but it's misleading to name him as a newcomer.

It's easily between King K. Rool and Ridley. I think K. Rool has a better chance just because he's more popular overall while Ridley garners more popularity in the west. Just think guys, "King K. Rool Krashes the Party!"

But that's just my opinion.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
The game is not out yet, do not take it as fact yet. It could stay as that, 8/11 are correct, maybe only one of them becomes an actual character, while the others are just wishes, the "leaker" would like to see. I honestly hope the leaks are deconfirmed as 100% truth, just to see all the reactions on here.
I wouldn't wish that upon anyone. Every character has fans, so every disconfirmation is disappointing.

Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Kids all have sizable fanbases that would be very upset in the event that one of their most wanted doesn't make the cut. I happen to be one of the biggest supporters for the most controversial of the bunch.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Let's think about this. As much as I believe the Gematsu leak, Chorus Men, Chrom, and Shulk are too obscure to rally any major hype. Mewtwo is well known and famous but it's misleading to name him as a newcomer.

It's easily between King K. Rool and Ridley. I think K. Rool has a better chance just because he's more popular overall while Ridley garners more popularity in the west. Just think guys, "King K. Rool Krashes the Party!"

If we could get the Wii Fit Trainer at E3 of all places, Chrom, Shulk or the Chorus Men can easily be shown at Monday.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
Let's think about this. As much as I believe the Gematsu leak, Chorus Men, Chrom, and Shulk are too obscure to rally any major hype.
I honestly thing the person behind this leak knows something, but now is just throwing out random characters to make us believe him then troll us at the end. :troll:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Quite a few ways really. Though, this isn't really the place for that. In which case, come to the Chrom thread! The OP has quite a few compelling takes on Chrom from users across the boards.
I don't think you'd want me in the Chrom thread lol!

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper

I think today anyway k. rool is more obscure to newer players then shulk or chrom

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
If we could get the Wii Fit Trainer at E3 of all places, Chrom, Shulk or the Chorus Men can easily be shown at Monday.
Two different situations entirely. WFT was shown with Megaman and Villager. Whereas there'll only be one newcomer shown in this video.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I for one am hoping for a non-Chrom character from Awakening... (Robin, Anna, Lucina, etc), just to see all the gematsu supporters argue that the leaker got the name wrong only. (also any of those would be amazing)

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman

Even Palutena was too obscure for the E3 reveal, as proven by many of the "who the heck is that green-haired girl?" reactions to her trailer.

So I doubt Sakurai would hype a very long trailer reveal for a character that's lesser-known than Palutena. It won't be just ONE of Chorus Kids, Shulk, Chrom.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I honestly thing the person behind this leak knows something, but now is just throwing out random characters to make us believe him then troll us at the end. :troll:
Chrom - Newest FE lord, represents possibly the biggest game in the series.

Shulk - Xenoblade is a notable new Nintendo IP. Very critically acclaimed game as well.

Chorus Kids - Rhythm Heaven is another notable new IP. Also, Sneaky Spirits in Smash Run.

I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom