• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I tried the demo, but I realized it wasn't for me. I also played the one you got for being a 3DS embassador and thought it was one of the worst things I've ever experienced. Right down there with having an Ultra Sound on my balls.

At best Chrom would be the middle-ground of Ike and Marth. Unless they give him unicorns and leprechauns in his moveset to make him unique.
You expect me to believe you should be taken seriously when you called a Fire Emblem game the worst thing you've ever experienced? And no, Chrom could easily be unique, the fact that he wields a sword doesn't mean his moveset ouldn't feel very fresh and stylish, look at Little Mac, all he does is punch, and yet his moveset is amazing.

Also, some people want Chrom because they like him as a character, you know? That's what Smash is all about.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
You obviously haven't played FE:A...Chrom wouldn't be as bad as you people are making him up to be.
I have beaten Fire Emblem Awakening and Chrom is my favorite lord out of the three FE games I have played to completion (Radiant Dawn, Shadow Dragon, and Awakening.) I wouldn't hate if he got in (would prefer Lucina myself), but I would have zero hype for his trailer. Zero. Although the animation should at least be cool as Awakening had some beautiful cut scenes.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The controversy could be of epic proportions depending on who out of the remaining Gematsu Trio ends up being leaked.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I have beaten Fire Emblem Awakening and Chrom is my favorite lord out of the three FE games I have played to completion (Radiant Dawn, Shadow Dragon, and Awakening.) I wouldn't hate if he got in (would prefer Lucina myself), but I would have zero hype for his trailer. Zero. Although the animation should at least be cool as Awakening had some beautiful cut scenes.
I'll agree with you on the thought that Chrom should be a secret character like Wolf or Toon Link.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
If they're dedicating the whole stream to it, it must be a pretty BIG character. :troll:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I don't know why people want Gematsu dead.

I like the Gematsu roster. Plus we don't know if that's ALL the newcomers so there's still a bit of an element of surprise.

EDIT: ALSO I think Sakurai's gonna pull a Mr. Game & Watch and tease a veteran.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
You expect me to believe you should be taken seriously when you called a Fire Emblem game the worst thing you've ever experienced? And no, Chrom could easily be unique, the fact that he wields a sword doesn't mean his moveset ouldn't feel very fresh and stylish, look at Little Mac, all he does is punch, and yet his moveset is amazing.

Also, some people want Chrom because they like him as a character, you know? That's what Smash is all about.
I actually called it one of the worst things I've experienced.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If any of the Sal Romano newcomers happened I'd wanted to see Chorus Men most. I'm really intrigued to see how Sakurai has made them work.

Shulk second. I have faith he'll be bad ass anyways.

Chrom....uhhmm....Chrom....yeah.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The controversy could be of epic proportions depending on who out of the remaining Gematsu Trio ends up being leaked.
Especially if it's the Chorus Men.

My current thoughts though..... I think we will have hidden new comers that do not have trailers. The person that leaks to Sal probably knows what trailers are being made, which is why he has only leaked these particular new comers. It would also make sense since he has not been so great at revealing when the trailer's would be shown. Also, Sakurai did make it sound like the trailers have been ready for a while.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
If any of the Sal Romano newcomers happened I'd wanted to see Chorus Men most. I'm really intrigued to see how Sakurai has made them work.

Shulk second. I have faith he'll be bad *** anyways.

Chrom....uhhmm....Chrom....yeah.
What can I say, You Gotta Have Blue Hair!:awesome:

Especially if it's the Chorus Men.

My current thoughts though..... I think we will have hidden new comers that do not have trailers. The person that leaks to Sal probably knows what trailers are being made, which is why he has only leaked these particular new comers. It would also make sense since he has not been so great at revealing when the trailer's would be shown. Also, Sakurai did make it sound like the trailers have been ready for a while.
That is a pretty interesting theory. Hmm....

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
What I do know that is 100% confirmed will be a "Is ____ OP" and an "I was wrong" thread, regardless of which character gets revealed.

Prepare your body and prepare your underpants.
We should just make an "i was wrong about the Gematsu leak thread"

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Just imagine the explosion if Ridley got announced...

"Gematsu is fake"
"No Gematsu is still real"
"Ridley is in hahahah"
"Ridley sux shut up".
etc.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't know why people want Gematsu dead.

I like the Gematsu roster. Plus we don't know if that's ALL the newcomers so there's still a bit of an element of surprise.
To be honest, I want that leak dead for the fact that it's overrating a character whom I doubt will do any better than an Assist Trophy role. If we are getting down to the end of the newcomer reveals, I'd probably have Ridley, K. Rool, and Shulk be the last major reveals.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

You see, while I love fire emblem, and I agree chrom could easily be unique, it's actually his character that makes me not want him.

I find that once you play enough fire emblems (and there are exceptions) a lot of the lords tend to blend together personality wise, and just stop being interesting. Playing through Sacred Stones, then Sealed Sword, then flaming sword, makes you realize how stupid similar some of the characters can be sometimes.

Chrom just wasn't characterized very well in my opinion, in fact most of the characters in awakening suffered from basically existing as tropes, in order to fulfill the dating sim portion of the game.

But Chrom definitely has star power going for him, to the point where even if he wasn't unique, I wouldn't hate him.

"Gematsu is fake"
"Ridley is in hahahah"
"Ridley sux shut up".
etc.
I think that of all the hype stuff they could do, Ridley would honestly get the most people reacting at this point. That's not even my bias of wanting him speaking, I've been seeing his name all over these boards, reddit, and miiverse. the teasing has worked.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

"Gematsu is fake"
"Ridley is in hahahah"
"Ridley sux shut up".
etc.
Except the board will explode and not be available until 5 days later if Ridley gets revealed.

To paraphrase Jaws....

"You're gonna need a BIGGER server!"

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I'm gonna say this. The reveal of a FE newcomer character is frankly something I feel is overdue, and considering Chrom was leaked, it makes sense to have him be the reveal so that we can finally have some closure regarding FE speculation once and for all.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
I would like someone NOT from the Gematsu Leak. Like if they just showed like, Ristar, everyone would explode.

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
My hype is nonexistent for this reveal. I'm sure the trailer will be well done, and the character will look good mechanically, as with all the others... but I have negative love for the remaining Gematsu characters, and I'm sick of being disappointed by their continued inclusions. My excitement for the roster is just gone. I'll pay attention again when they start talking DLC though. XP

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I love that the announcement comes on monday at 10am for me. Every monday until noon, my boss leaves me alone to complete the time entries for the previous week. In theory i'll get to watch this live and without interruption. As for the newcomer, I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE it to be Shulk. It needs to be. I need my most wanted newcomer confirmed asap.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Warning Received
You see, while I love fire emblem, and I agree chrom could easily be unique, it's actually his character that makes me not want him.

I find that once you play enough fire emblems (and there are exceptions) a lot of the lords tend to blend together personality wise, and just stop being interesting. Playing through Sacred Stones, then Sealed Sword, then flaming sword, makes you realize how stupid similar some of the characters can be sometimes.

Chrom just wasn't characterized very well in my opinion, in fact most of the characters in awakening suffered from basically existing as tropes, in order to fulfill the dating sim portion of the game.

But Chrom definitely has star power going for him, to the point where even if he wasn't unique, I wouldn't hate him.

I think that of all the hype stuff they could do, Ridley would honestly get the most people reacting at this point. That's not even my bias of wanting him speaking, I've been seeing his name all over these boards, reddit, and miiverse. the teasing has worked.
On a personal level I don't even WANT Ridley, I'm not a big Metroid fan and I've only ever played Metroid Prime.

But I'd love to just see the reaction of everyone, and I'd be happy for the fans that made their voices heard for over a decade that they finally got what they wanted.

I would like someone NOT from the Gematsu Leak. Like if they just showed like, Ristar, everyone would explode.
If they showed Ristar I would find Sakurai and ask him to marry me.

Last edited by a moderator:

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
Looks like I'll be taking an extra long bathroom break at 10am at work on monday.

I love newcomer reveals and trailers, but I really hope they leave some new characters a secret before the game is released. That last paragraph worries me.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
At first I thought it was 3 minutes because it would be bookened by Sakurai giving an intro and/or outro, but the Miiverse post makes me think it'll actually be a 3 minute trailer...dang that's long. I wonder what they're going to do with all that time.
Long ass cutscenes!? Snake confirmed!

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Maybe it'll be like the Greninja trailer. We get a veteran and a newcomer.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
On a personal level I don't even WANT Ridley, I'm not a big Metroid fan and I've only ever played Metroid Prime.

But I'd love to just see the reaction of everyone, and I'd be happy for the fans that made their voices heard for over a decade that they finally got what they wanted.
Well, you've played the best Metroid game then imo, xD.

I love watching ****storms, and honestly I don't think any other character could cause one quite the same, haha. I'm honestly not sure what would make me happier, the announcement itself or the crazy it would cause.

The amount of Ridley in smash videos on youtube, both for and against, is astounding. Regardless of one's opinion on Ridley, it's undeniable that Sakurai's been teasing SOMETHING about him for a long time, whether it be playable or boss.

There are probably a few characters that could make the boards go down. Ridley is one of them.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I find it kind of ironic that people are clamouring for someone outside of the Gematsu Leak because it's ruining hype since the only reason it has been doing so is because of how much attention it has been given.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I find it kind of irony that people are clamouring for someone outside of the Gematsu Leak because it's ruining hype since the only reason it has is because of how much attention it has been given.
And it would be even more amusing if, say, Chrom ends up being revealed anyways.

Last edited:

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping for Ridley as a newcomer and Mewtwo as the veteran who helps Samus fight him or something >.<. But that's just me wishing for non-existing things... :D

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm hoping for Chrom, K. Rool, or the Chorus Kids. Those are the three I'd be most hyped to see, from greatest to least.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Well, you've played the best Metroid game then imo, xD.

I love watching ****storms, and honestly I don't think any other character could cause one quite the same, haha. I'm honestly not sure what would make me happier, the announcement itself or the crazy it would cause.

The amount of Ridley in smash videos on youtube, both for and against, is astounding. Regardless of one's opinion on Ridley, it's undeniable that Sakurai's been teasing SOMETHING about him for a long time, whether it be playable or boss.

There are probably a few characters that could make the boards go down. Ridley is one of them.
Yeah I seriously think Ridley would be the biggest Smash reveal ever, even moreso than Sonic. There's so much discussion about him constantly.

I can't help but feel that he's playable. It's not exactly a great business move for Sakurai/Nintendo to tease a character and then not have them playable. When you consider the Palutena teasing, Ridley's is way more prevalent than hers!

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
I am laughing and facepalming SO hard right now at how everyone is convinced the Gematsu leak is gospel and that there's no way anything but it could be true. They take it more truthfully than the words of Sakurai himself! I'm probly going to have a great hearty lumberjack-style laugh when somebody non-Gamatsu (aka a blasphemer) is shown in this reveal.

And if it is "one of the truly righteous", cool, I don't mind any of those. But guys, just chill out with the Gematsu stuff :rotfl:

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Imagine if Monday comes and we end up with someone no one ****ing expected at all.

Like...just out of nowhere...****ing Geno or some really unlikely ****.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Ok, so here's my likeliness countdown for Mondays character. This is only my personal opinion for likeliness, and some just personal desires, but here goes

10. Quote (Least Likely IMO)
9. Toon Zelda
8. Sceptile
7. Chorus Men
6. Lucina
5. Dixie Kong
4. King K Rool
3. Shulk
2. Krystal
1. Chrom (Most Likely IMO)

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
New want - Snake is fighting some Metal Gears, Shulk bails him out with the Monado (since it destroys all the mechon.)

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
Wow. This thread is unbelievable. First of all, the gematsu thing is a *rumor*, not a leak. Secondly, Ridley is clearly a stage hazard on pyrosphere. Some people...

Personally, I'd really like Krystal, but honestly, I doubt she'll even be in the game. I'm hoping she at least can replace Wolf, even though Wolf was my favorite of the Starfox reps in Brawl. K. Rool or Dixie would also be great.

My guess, though, is that it will be someone that noone here has guessed. I have no idea who, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom