• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jalfano2000

Smash Rookie
NNID
zoopermario2000
3DS FC
4511-0604-1973
My bet is on Chrom, but I really hope it isn't one of the gematsu characters like ferioku said.

Is this a Smashboards user?
No! This is Patrick!
3DS FC:4511-0604-1973

Jalfano2000

Smash Rookie
NNID
zoopermario2000
3DS FC
4511-0604-1973
My bet is on Chrom, but I really hope it isn't one of the gematsu characters like ferioku said.

Is this a Smashboards user?
No! This is Patrick!
3DS FC:4511-0604-1973

Hokori

Great King of Evil
What I do know that is 100% confirmed will be a "Is ____ OP" and an "I was wrong" thread, regardless of which character gets revealed.

Prepare your body and prepare your underpants.

Soul.

Oh, a new challenger? Who could be announced? It could be one of those 3 characters from the leak, I think.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
3 minutes ? Hope it'll have Shulk, then R.O.B. making his appearance at the end with Shulk pursuing him.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
What I do know that is 100% confirmed will be a "Is ____ OP" and an "I was wrong" thread, regardless of which character gets revealed.

Prepare your body and prepare your underpants.
Don't forget the "On a scale from 1-10 how good does ____ look in this game?"

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I will be so sad if it's Chrom.

A joint /Chrom trailer would make a bit of sense.... could see it being called challenging the future or something like that.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
With Sakurai mentioning that they were nearing the end of the newcomer trailers, it does seem to suggest that there is going to be at least one more after this. Also, the Gematsu leaker seems to like to pop up before events like this so I wonder if anything new will be said by him this weekend.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
If it is one of the 3 remaining Gematsu characters, then I think it'd be safe to say that Sal's leaker is a guy involved with direction of the cinematography with the release videos. That explains why he has known everyone that has a video (sans Rosalina), and hey, that could mean that there are more newcomers that don't get videos (since Sakurai specifically mentioned "bottom of the stash in video trailers," and not just newcomers).

BTW, I think it's a safe time to possible reopen that thread...

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
If they want to go for "worst smash character ever" then Chrom was an awesome choice.
Pichu is worse than Chrom.

With Sakurai mentioning that they were nearing the end of the newcomer trailers, it does seem to suggest that there is going to be at least one more after this. Also, the Gematsu leaker seems to like to pop up before events like this so I wonder if anything new will be said by him this weekend.
Maybe, maybe not. We will have to see.

I would really like if the character was a newcomer that isn't on the Gematsu leak. Would be really hype.
What about Isaac?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Usa is probably going to be earthquake with hype if the pyropshere stage with the shadow is the pre picture before the video.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
If they want to go for "worst smash character ever" then Chrom was an awesome choice.
Seriously, all that hype for Chrom? Chorus Men have the potential to be really interesting and I really want Shulk, but Chrom is really vanilla. On top of that, he would do nothing to change the status of the Gematsu leak. The other two would give the leak that last push of credibility and any character not on the list would cast doubt, but Chrom would keep the leak exactly as it is.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
YES!
Let's see what we get! I'm hoping for Shulk, Isaac, a FE:A newcomer (especially Robin), or the debunk of Gematsu!
When that leak fades away, more character discussion will spawn, and less newcomers will be taken as granted.

Kroboats

Smash Cadet
Hmm... Three days... Three minute video...

Could it be? The BIGGEST newcomer of them all...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It would be pretty amusing if the hype only resulted in the following...

One way or another though, something is going to go down.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Seriously, all that hype for Chrom? Chorus Men have the potential to be really interesting and I really want Shulk, but Chrom is really vanilla. On top of that, he would do nothing to change the status of the Gematsu leak. The other two would give the leak that last push of credibility and any character not on the list would cast doubt, but Chrom would keep the leak exactly as it is.
Try telling that to all the people who doubt Chrom because of Ike and the uniqueness criteria set by Sakurai.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I love unique characters, so naturally the Chorus Men seem very appealing to me. I also like unique franchises getting representation, because the more the merrier. I wouldn't personally chose Shulk, I've never played his game but he's infinitely more desirable than generic blue haired sword user #3.

I can at least understand why people want Shulk, I don't think I'll ever fathom anyone, not even the biggest FE:A fans wanting a 3rd boring rep.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Shulk can see the future. As of this post, the unveiling of the new character will be happening in the future. The word "future" ends with the letter 'e'. The word "eye" ends with the letter 'e'. Eyes are used to see. Shulk sees the future with his eyes.

Shulk confirmed.
Looks into the Future!?

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I love unique characters, so naturally the Chorus Men seem very appealing to me. I also like unique franchises getting representation, because the more the merrier. I wouldn't personally chose Shulk, I've never played his game but he's infinitely more desirable than generic blue haired sword user #3.

I can at least understand why people want Shulk, I don't think I'll ever fathom anyone, not even the biggest FE:A fans wanting a 3rd boring rep.
You obviously haven't played FE:A...Chrom wouldn't be as bad as you people are making him up to be.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

I have to agree

I love FE awakening, and I think Chrom is a decent character, as far as FE lords go.

But don't want him as the rep for smash... sure he could be unique, but....gimme robin pls xD

Last edited:

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
It would be pretty amusing if the hype only resulted in the following...

One way or another though, something is going to go down.
TBH, I would really like him. I just said some examples; there are enough characters I presonally want to see. And then there are some characters I didn't knew I wanted...

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
You obviously haven't played FE:A...Chrom wouldn't be as bad as you people are making him up to be.
I tried the demo, but I realized it wasn't for me. I also played the one you got for being a 3DS embassador and thought it was one of the worst things I've ever experienced. Right down there with having an Ultra Sound on my balls.

At best Chrom would be the middle-ground of Ike and Marth. Unless they give him unicorns and leprechauns in his moveset to make him unique.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Of course, Sakurai's gotten us fired up and we have to wait until Monday. Who could it possibly be?

Since it's 3 minutes long, I bet a least one veteran will get squeezed it.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I tried the demo, but I realized it wasn't for me. I also played the one you got for being a 3DS embassador and thought it was one of the worst things I've ever experienced. Right down there with having an Ultra Sound on my balls.

At best Chrom would be the middle-ground of Ike and Marth. Unless they give him unicorns and leprechauns in his moveset to make him unique.
Don't give Sakurai any ideas!:p

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The weird part is that it's on a Monday, and from what I can recall, no characters have ever been revealed on that day of the week.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

; (

Sacred Stones is like one of my favorite games, haha.

Ah well, we just have different tastes, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom