• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
new fighter! ...
Iwata Mii fighter comes Directly to you!

Not just any ordinary Mii fighter, his Final smash contains a Nintendo Direct that will reveal the next new character!

Komenja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Komenja
Well, balls. This thing goes down literally when I go to work on Monday. Hoping for K. Rool!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Wow. This thread is unbelievable. First of all, the gematsu thing is a *rumor*, not a leak. Secondly, Ridley is clearly a stage hazard on pyrosphere. Some people...
To be fair, Other M Ridley could be the stage hazard, while Super Metroid Ridley gets the playable spot. They're completely different entities, much like with the Lumas that are in the Mario Galaxy stage.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I would have really preferred a veteran, but I guess he can reveal those at any time.

If it's a newcomer: I'm guessing it's one on the leak, or maybe not, since all the overtly obvious ones are out of the way.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
I believe the Gematsu leak is real, that's the reason I hope the revealed character is one of the 3 remaining Gematsu characters.
Because that way, we get confirmed the characters that we already know are in, leaving space for post-release surprises of non-revealed characters.
I'm pretty sure it's gonna be Chrom.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm starting to wonder if the final set of newcomers will be revealed before the 3DS version's September release in Japan. Sakurai probably isn't doing any secret newcomers this time anyway.

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
I'm 100000000% okay with snake coming back if in any way shape or form popular- I mean possible. Even if his next game has nothing to do with nintendo.

Anyway... a count-down 3 days before a 3 minute video? with people sitting on a weekend for the wait? This reveal has to be bigger than gematsu... Or if it's not there better be a lot more of these coming.

I also have zero interest in ridley(and definitely not K.Rool) But you never stop hearing their names and metroid kinda needs another rep, +points for being a villain, even starfox had a villain slipped in...

Also through in some veterans in the back please. Especially ones related to Blue Birds. >_>;;

ferioku

Smash Ace
I believe the Gematsu leak is real, that's the reason I hope the revealed character is one of the 3 remaining Gematsu characters.
Because that way, we get confirmed the characters that we already know are in, leaving space for post-release surprises of non-revealed characters.
I'm pretty sure it's gonna be Chrom.
Chrom will be an extremely boring character to add, we already have characters that rely completely on swords. If anything add a magic Character or a lance wielder from Awakening. The same thing applies for Shulk, and adding the chorus kids is just downright stupid because we already have enough troll characters in the game.

If any of the 3 was to get revealed, I hope it's Shulk and only Shulk because at least he will have a few unique aspects...

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Everyone, start your hype-train engines!

But.... my vacation ends on Monday!!! :( Hope I can get home in time, as I live in Europe.

And I REALLY hope it's a character that's NOT in the Gematsu leak, so we can once and for all get finished with it. Fingers crossed for a 4th big guy - King K. Rool (the others being Dedede, Bowser and DK)

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
"bkslider, post: 17040153, member: 212066"]Looks like I'll be taking an extra long bathroom break at 10am at work on monday.

I love newcomer reveals and trailers, but I really hope they leave some new characters a secret before the game is released. That last paragraph worries me.
Damn, I have work too. Ill do that then! Good idea!

Hoping for Shulk! I think itd be cool if it was Mewtwo but it says new chatacter, so...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Yeah I seriously think Ridley would be the biggest Smash reveal ever, even moreso than Sonic. There's so much discussion about him constantly.

I can't help but feel that he's playable. It's not exactly a great business move for Sakurai/Nintendo to tease a character and then not have them playable. When you consider the Palutena teasing, Ridley's is way more prevalent than hers!
Yeah, so far, Sakurai's teasing has seemed to point towards playable. It's impossible to know for sure, but I really am hoping xD

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
Could be completely off base, but a 3:00 minute trailer says to me it's likely to have a long, animated intro in similar vein to the Palutena or Rosalina trailers. I'm guessing Chrom or Shulk, given their RPG roots. Here's hoping for a surprise though! :3

Personally, there isn't much that would get me hype other than Mewtwo, who obviously isn't a newcomer. Isaac would be pretty cool, but I'm not holding out hope.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Another reminder that holy crap, Sakurai hasn't addressed Ridley by name. At all. Why would he do this I wonder?
Clearly because Ridley is a "glorified" stage hazard, according to some people.

Sonovin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonovin
3DS FC
2466-3203-5587
So I am guessing "bottom stash" - maybe they compiled a few into a montage. But doesn't mean they used them all.
Maybe the returning veterans are coming back, like Captain Falcon, Ness, Jigglypuff, Game and Watch, Falcon, Wario and maybe Mewtwo and Rob. And maybe some others. I am also guessing maybe like 1-2 newcomers. Happy if there is more!

Though they said NEW fighter so maybe not even gonig to show veterans and just have like 2-4 newcomers.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
My prediction: a Chorus Kids reveal that also confirms Wario and Jigglypuff.

Warioware and Rhythm Heaven are sister series, and Jigglypuff is a fellow singer.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
Guys, maybe it's 3 minutes long because they're revealing more than just a new character! Highlights on stage bosses anyone?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just saying, but the people who keep saying "Chrom will be boring" just lack imagination. At least, that's what it seems like.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
They may also fail to realize that the Other M incarnation is a completely different entity from the Ridley who murdered Samus's parents.
I dunno, we're getting to semantics here - if it's a clone, can you really say it's entirely a different entity? How exact does a clone have to get before the difference doesn't matter anymore?

Just saying, but the people who keep saying "Chrom will be boring" just lack imagination. At least, that's what it seems like.
I don't doubt any new character can be unique. Chrom's personality is boring.

He's got enough star power, though, imo. I think he's gonna be playable regardless of gematsu.

Last edited:

Samuel Intrater

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai said there aren't many newcomers left, so that probably means the only remaining newcomers are the Gematsu ones. At this point, I'm hoping the leak is wrong but thinking it's right.

I personally hope we get K. Rool or Ridley, but I don't really think either of them are going to be playable at this point. We'll probably get Shulk, Chrom or Chorus Men.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'd love if we at least got one veteran with said newcomer though.

Like the suggestion for Snake to be in Shulk's trailer is a good one.

If Dark Pit is playable, we could get Ganondorf with him.

Chorus Men could reveal Wario.

Ridley could reveal one of the Star Fox crew, etc, etc.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Nah, Chrom would be boring not because of his gameplay style. He would be boring because he is a damn boring character and easily the less hype worthy newcomer in Smash Bros 4. Revealing him Monday would be the ultimate hype killer. I am holding out for Shulk or Chorus Kid and a non-Gematsu leaked character would be stuff from heavens. Even a veteran reveal would be more hype than revealing Chrom.

Last edited:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Wow. This thread is unbelievable. First of all, the gematsu thing is a *rumor*, not a leak. Secondly, Ridley is clearly a stage hazard on pyrosphere. Some people...

Personally, I'd really like Krystal, but honestly, I doubt she'll even be in the game. I'm hoping she at least can replace Wolf, even though Wolf was my favorite of the Starfox reps in Brawl. K. Rool or Dixie would also be great.

My guess, though, is that it will be someone that noone here has guessed. I have no idea who, though.
Sheesh, buddy. You just kinda barged in here and said "man, you people are dumb."
(PRO TIP: The worst way to express your opinion and expect people to listen is to call or imply that the opposing opinion is stupid.)

For the record, Ridley's stage boss status was kept rather ambiguous in the Direct so I wouldn't say he's gone either way quite yet. He could have been kept ambiguous for a reason...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'd love if we at least got one veteran with said newcomer though.

Like the suggestion for Snake to be in Shulk's trailer is a good one.

If Dark Pit is playable, we could get Ganondorf with him.

Chorus Men could reveal Wario.

Ridley could reveal one of the Star Fox crew, etc, etc.
A villain trailer of something like Ridley/Ganon/Mewtwo would be so freaking hype.

Damnit I need a wrist strap, I can't contain the hype

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Sakurai said there aren't many newcomers left, so that probably means the only remaining newcomers are the Gematsu ones. At this point, I'm hoping the leak is wrong but thinking it's right.

I personally hope we get K. Rool or Ridley, but I don't really think either of them are going to be playable at this point. We'll probably get Shulk, Chrom or Chorus Men.
Sakurai didn't say we wouldn't have many more newcomers... he said we wouldn't have many new trailers. It is possible that the Gematsu characters are the only ones being revealed prerelease and therefore are the only ones with trailers. Unlockable newcomers most likely would not have videos after all.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Not really. I remember saying before Virgil was announced for UMvC3 that he was going to be bland, and similar to Dante. Despite popularity due to his OPness, I was completely right.

How many ways can someone swing a sword and still have the character be compelling? We already have Link, Toon Link, Ike, Marth and Mii Swordsman. Probably Meta Knight too. Give me a character that utilizes a unique tool like... their HAIR.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
I dunno, we're getting to semantics here - if it's a clone, can you really say it's entirely a different entity? How exact does a clone have to get before the difference doesn't matter anymore?

I don't doubt any new character can be unique. Chrom's personality is boring.

He's got enough star power, though, imo. I think he's gonna be playable regardless of gematsu.
But imo personality plays so little a factor for a character in smash since they same maybe one or two lines of dialog total. I mean in the long run a lot of the characters don't have and never have a personality anyway so to hold it against one character seems weird

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
I really hope that the newcomer is not the Gematsu 3, but if it is, please be Shulk :)
I hope an unexpected newcomer is announced along with some veterans. I don't know anymore...

What I do know is that Monday will be Doomsday. I expect A LOT of flaming and division.

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
Wow. This thread is unbelievable. First of all, the gematsu thing is a *rumor*, not a leak.
That's how it works around here, you can make your own rumor, call it a leak, and a ton of people will believe it to be 100% true.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
Sheesh, buddy. You just kinda barged in here and said "man, you people are dumb."
(PRO TIP: The worst way to express your opinion and expect people to listen is to call or imply that the opposing opinion is stupid.)

For the record, Ridley's stage boss status was kept rather ambiguous in the Direct so I wouldn't say he's gone either way quite yet. He could have been kept ambiguous for a reason...
Please, do not put words in my mouth. I did not call anyone dumb. I can understand people not liking my opinion because they are very emotional about Ridley or gematsu, but it is what it is.

Also, it didn't seem very ambiguous to me. I just think people are having a hard time separating their emotions with logic, which is a human flaw that we're all guilty of at certain points in our lives. I just try not to get too emotionally invested in video games, especially rumors about games that haven't been released yet. I've been keeping up with video game news on the internet since the late 90's, so I've certainly been guilty of doing so myself. I just try to keep it from happening again.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Not really. I remember saying before Virgil was announced for UMvC3 that he was going to be bland, and similar to Dante. Despite popularity due to his OPness, I was completely right.

How many ways can someone swing a sword and still have the character be compelling? We already have Link, Toon Link, Ike, Marth and Mii Swordsman. Probably Meta Knight too. Give me a character that utilizes a unique tool like... their HAIR.
well chrom is one of the few lords in fe that can use magic as well as all the weapons in the weapon triangle. He could be more unique than you think

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

Not to mention the potential for Ganondorf to finally get himself a sword.

Also the Monado might be a cool ass energy sword, but it's still a sword.

Swords. Swords everywhere.

Sakurai should just add Honedge. Yep. Honedge for Smash! I went there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom