• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
My take, I´m done with this leak, thank goodness it´s over
It wasn't over when Pac-Man, Little Mac and Mii weren't revealed at E3 2013 and it's not over now. It'll be over when we know all of the characters.

I can't believe the things I'm reading in this thread. Just yesterday the Gematsu leak was gospel and now people are not only calling the leak dead, but they're insulting Sal Ramano's integrity. How about we just treat the leak on a case by case basis instead of going to extremes? Chrom isn't a playable character... that definitely puts a dent in the leak, but how can people suddenly just dismiss the whole thing? Are we forgetting all the points in the leaks favor?

T

Trick or Treat

I'm not even against the leak. I'm against the fact that so many people were treating it as law, and anything/anyone that was different was automatically seen as false.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Its obvious guys, Lucina is same person as "Marth" in Melee/Brawl, remember how we all thought Marth was a girl, we were actually right. And you know how Smash 4 Marth was looked at as "nerfed", hes not actually nerfed since he is actually a new character so we would have to play him differently. Lucina is the "Marth" we all know and love.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The prescenes of Lucina as a newcomer clone makes me think Dark Pit might perhaps be a newcomer semi-clone of Pit after all.

salromano

Smash Rookie
yeah, because it's totally not like you made a fake ssb4 leak for internet fame or anything, you're also so very classy
shut the **** up, please.
I didn't. -__-

It's a shame you're as a rude as you are because Charlie is so awesome and lovable.

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
So many Fire Emblem: Awakening spoilers in that trailer. The only thing they didn't spoil is that Robin is
the Fell Dragon Grima.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
yeah, because it's totally not like you made a fake ssb4 leak for internet fame or anything, you're also so very classy
shut the **** up, please.
Dude, he was the messenger not the actual leaker. But way to make yourself look ignorant.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
The prescenes of Lucina as a newcomer clone makes me think Dark Pit might perhaps be a newcomer semi-clone of Pit after all.
That'd suck, considering you could do a lot more with him with different KI:U weapons.

wereyoshi

Smash Rookie
NNID
wereyoshi
Switch FC
SW 1149 3763 7213
Judging by the trailer from what I saw, it's pretty clear that Chrom is not playable.
I think chrom is actually a Lucina alt. Look at Lucina's pose here:hxxps://imageshack.com/i/ns5copp and compare that to Chrom's pose in this image on the smash website on robin's page hxxps://smashbros.com/images/character/reflet/screen-6.jpg. Also I used hxxps because i don't have enough posts to post links yet.

Edit:You are right, just realized there is no chance of my theory being true after watching it a few more times. Due to somehow missing that Robin was a part of the final smash Chrom appears in.

Last edited:

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
I said it all along, the guy got lucky with WFT and ran with it from there. Look at the original gaf post that started it all, the dude was simply guessing characters pre-E3 like every other fan out there. Once Wii Fit Trainer was confirmed, there was a sudden surge of people from all over the internet proclaiming his word as gospel, the guy obviously thought he'd have a bit of fun with this and then started proclaiming himself a leaker.
He named several characters that were all somewhat expected (Palutena, Mii, Little Mac), threw in a curve ball to make it look much more authentic (Chorus Kids), and gave us the vague as **** 'Animal Crossing Guy' and 'Pokemon from X and Y', both in which could be interpreted in many ways.
I'm rather glad that this has been finally disproven, it opens the doors once more to roster discussion, something that has been entirely dominated by this bull for the last few weeks.

Last edited:

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
Me, a few days ago: "Y'know, Chrom seems like a cool enough character, but it sure would be nice if they switched things up with a female FE character, or one who doesn't rely solely on swords."

Welp.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I love how everyone here is now saying "I knew the leak wasn't 100% true" Riiiiiiiigghhhhttt
:smirk:
I've been arguing in favor of skepticism since last summer. I was willing to admit that it looked legit after E3 this year, but Sakurai just torpedoed the Gematsu leak. It's done.

Chrom isn't a playable character... that definitely puts a dent in the leak, but how can people suddenly just dismiss the whole thing? Are we forgetting all the points in the leaks favor?
We can dismiss any future predictions because he incorrectly predicted a newcomer.

If he didn't get Chrom right, how can I believe him that Shulk or Chorus Men will be in? His information has proven to be completely false on at least one point. The whole strength of the leak was that it hadn't gotten anything wrong, particularly Wii Fit Trainer, and now that strength is gone.

You can only patch the holes for so long. If the leaker saw Chrom and thought he was playable, how on Earth did he not see Robin also performing the Final Smash? How did he not recognize Greninja from footage if he saw any? If the leaker had access to only very early information, how did he miss Rosalina? Why didn't he say "Fire Emblem Awakening character" like "Pokemon from X&Y" if the rep was still up for debate?

Face it, the leak is dead. WFT may have been a legit prediction, but Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Men sure weren't.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Lucina is exactly what Roy was in Melee. She has her own voice/art etc, but she has Marth's moveset. I'm sure we'll see a few more clones along her level too.

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
I didn't. -__-

It's a shame you're as a rude as you are because Charlie is so awesome and lovable.
you don't have to pretend you didn't make the "leak" up anymore, nobody really believes you now

on a side note:
charlie eats cat food to fall asleep, survived an abortion, once burned a building down with a bag of ****, shares a bed with a man who could be his father, how the **** is he lovable and awesome?
i agree he's the best character from the show, but how the ****?

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
I like how people are blinded by the fact that Lucina is still a clone yet before people get really pissed at Sakurai for addin them. Im fine with her being in but not at the extend of her being a second clone of Marth at that.

Not saying he was likley to return, but this is definitly a middle finger to all the Roy fans, well at least hes in P.M.

Garquille14

Smash Apprentice
plot twist: they gave each potential leaker a different variation of the list to find who the leaker was.

anyway, changing Chrom for Lucina isn't a surprise and is easily something that can change (lucina became more popular than chrom since the game released, it's very normal to plan on adding posterboy). That alone doesn't deconfirm the leak at all. That's called normal development cycle.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
So how confused are people going to be if Chorus Men are revealed in the next direct?

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I think the only reason Lucina doesn't have a graphic is because she's featured heavily in Robin's graphic. I think they wanted to use that for both of them but not have it put on the page in two different locations.

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
I said the info was outdated, I said the leaker does not have all the info, I said the only way we will known the fate of the leak was getting the game, but NO Sal Supporter listened. But now everyone is just repeating arguments already stated from other Sal supporters, acting as if they did not treat it as fact only a few hours ago.

Never change Sal supporters :troll:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I think the Sal leak is technically true, but Chrom was eschewed in favor of Robin and Lucina during development.

We're probably still getting Shulk and a Rhythm Heaven rep.

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
Was not expecting this at all but boy I'm glad we got Robin AND Lucina! Plus Chrom is deconfirmed. Before all this I was ready to settle for him but I'm SO glad I don't have to (don't get me wrong though I like the guy). Also Male&Female Robin... all of my yes.

Best trailer by far! I'm pretty glad the leak got this wrong. I still can't say the leak is without a doubt dead but that's a very big strike against it. To get 8/11 right though is not easy. I at least hope Shulk is still in, he's the only one that is left in Gematsu that I want so if Gematsu is wrong (well partially wrong I can't ignore it's history) then I hope it's right about Shulk at least. I also hope there will still be DLC. One other thing about this is that Gematsu DEFINITELY doesn't know everything... and I think that's a good thing.

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
Am I the only one bothered by the fact that this thread has turned into another boring leak discussion that is going nowhere?

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I would be happy if Lucina played like a retooled and overall better Roy.

So hey, here's something to think about. Is Game and Watch not in the game? Falcon got an official reveal after the cameo but he did not.

supersaiyanmikito

Smash Cadet
Bringing up the Lucina thing again. We already know that WFT can be either male or female but I noticed something recent. The Female trailer does in fact talk mid-fight. What are they going to do with the male trainer, give him a female voice? Heck no, they are going to treat him as a separate character by giving him different voice clips. THIS is what Lucina is, stop thinking that Lucina is a completely "new" character. She is an alt for Marth with a different appearance and voice, same thing for female Robin. For all the arguments that she plays different then Marth, the demo at E3 was an early build and they have very likely buffed Marth since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom