• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Warning Received
Would you stop being an *** to the guy? Jesus Christ, he's just going off information he got in an email, which some of which now appears to be wrong. I could tell you I hate you too despite not knowing anything about you, but that would accomplish nothing.
I say no. Hate me if you want.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
If he didn't get Chrom right, how can I believe him that Shulk or Chorus Men will be in? His information has proven to be completely false on at least one point. The whole strength of the leak was that it hadn't gotten anything wrong, particularly Wii Fit Trainer, and now that strength is gone.
You don't have to believe that Shulk or Chorus Men will be in, but at least wait and see. That's all I'm saying. Chrom being disconfirmed just means that for whatever reason, he was wrong about that. But he was right about everything else up until this point and it remains to be seen if he's right about the last two characters on the leak.

Face it, the leak is dead. WFT may have been a legit prediction, but Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Men sure weren't.
Chrom wasn't a legit prediction. It's stupid to say that Shulk and Chorus Kids aren't though. We just have to wait and see with those two.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYE3UkaBxrw

My face during the whole thing.

Seriously, this was so much better than I anticipated. Seeing Gematsu struck down like that (because, let's face it, Chrom is out and now two previously unknown newcomers are in. Something is off here) and then seeing two characters I really wanted in appear in such stunning glory... you know what? Forget Mewtwo. If he isn't in that'll be fine. I have my Robin, Lucina, and Samuses. This game is perfect.

Xiegfried

Smash Rookie
So many Fire Emblem: Awakening spoilers in that trailer. The only thing they didn't spoil is that Robin is the Fell Dragon Grima.
You mention the amount of spoilers and then outright spoil a major plot point in the game. Thanks for that. There are spoiler tags for a reason.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I would be happy if Lucina played like a retooled and overall better Roy.

So hey, here's something to think about. Is Game and Watch not in the game? Falcon got an official reveal after the cameo but he did not.
G&W will return, but will probably be a secret veteran character like always.

So many Fire Emblem: Awakening spoilers in that trailer. The only thing they didn't spoil is that Robin is the Fell Dragon Grima.

Annnd that's one less game to buy.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Bringing up the Lucina thing again. We already know that WFT can be either male or female but I noticed something recent. The Female trailer does in fact talk mid-fight. What are they going to do with the male trainer, give him a female voice? Heck no, they are going to treat him as a separate character by giving him different voice clips. THIS is what Lucina is, stop thinking that Lucina is a completely "new" character. She is an alt for Marth with a different appearance and voice, same thing for female Robin. For all the arguments that she plays different then Marth, the demo at E3 was an early build and they have very likely buffed Marth since then.
You're wrong. Male Wii Fit Trainer doesn't have his own character page on the website. Lucina does.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Ridley fans and Ghirahim fans:

that is all.
Are people seriously still reading that much into this?

You don't have to believe that Shulk or Chorus Men will be in, but at least wait and see. That's all I'm saying. Chrom being disconfirmed just means that for whatever reason, he was wrong about that. But he was right about everything else up until this point and it remains to be seen if he's right about the last two characters on the leak.

Chrom wasn't a legit prediction. It's stupid to say that Shulk and Chorus Kids aren't though. We just have to wait and see with those two.

How is it stupid? Chrom was predicted in the same breath as those two. Chrom was wrong. Tell me, why should I believe the leaker that Shulk and Chorus Kid are in when he's proven himself to have incorrect information? What possible reason do I have to trust that he's telling the truth?

Last edited:

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
Not sure how I feel about Lucina being a Marth-Clone, I mean I thought Toon Link's return was enough, now we are not only going to have over 5 swordsmen, but one of them is a clone of another character? Since when did this become Melee 2?

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Bringing up the Lucina thing again. We already know that WFT can be either male or female but I noticed something recent. The Female trailer does in fact talk mid-fight. What are they going to do with the male trainer, give him a female voice? Heck no, they are going to treat him as a separate character by giving him different voice clips. THIS is what Lucina is, stop thinking that Lucina is a completely "new" character. She is an alt for Marth with a different appearance and voice, same thing for female Robin. For all the arguments that she plays different then Marth, the demo at E3 was an early build and they have very likely buffed Marth since then.
Point me to the Wii Fit Trainer and Female Robin's own page on the smash bros site then.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
I think chrom is actually a Lucina alt. Look at Lucina's pose here:hxxps://imageshack.com/i/ns5copp and compare that to Chrom's pose in this image on the smash website on robin's page hxxps://smashbros.com/images/character/reflet/screen-6.jpg. Also I used hxxps because i don't have enough posts to post links yet.
Sorry but that's just ridiculous.

Soul.

Nah, I think the DUST on Chrom in the video is the Gematsu Leak fading away! LOL.
So wait, the dust is the Gematsu leak, slowly diminishing, and Chrom is like that, "defeated" because he's not a playable character.
"I suppose I'll get my chance...another day." lol

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
HAHAHAHAHA.

I.........KNEW! I knew he was just a GOOD PREDICTIONIST LIKE ME!

I am glad Chrom has some sort of appearance.

But Unique Chrom > Clone Lucina would be the better resulst.............perhaps they had no time .

and SAKURAI broke his promise :(

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I dunno, the fact that Chrom has a unique and fully detailed model suggests a lot of development time was spent on him. I've long believed Genmatsu was based on a guy whose information was severely outdated, someone who was close to production but only a lot earlier in development. I won't say I know exactly where things are going from here, but I do know that it's way too early for indignant condemnations of the leaker. I suppose weill have to, shockingly, be patient and have stuff revealed by the official reveals. We'll have to see down the line if Shulk and the Chorus Persons are in, and even if not, this leaker may be justified way down the line by some hack that finds their name internally.

More importantly, we saw three characters here. Honestly Falcon was shown so briefly that we got no useful information on him other than that he's the same character we've always known and loved. Robin seems like one of those complicated characters. The tomes are clearly limited use special moves, probably with charge times associated with which particular spell you get of that element (maybe?). Either that or maybe he has some mechanic to pull out spellbooks and then can use whatever he gets? If he really just has a limit on how many times he can use his moves and no way to replenish, that would be a pretty severe disadvantage, but I feel like there's probably a lot of mechanical nuance here we haven't been shown yet. Lucina looks like a Marth clone but faster which is interesting in its own way. Marth was a lot slower than he used to be in the demo; could differentiation from Lucina be the reason why?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The prescenes of Lucina as a newcomer clone makes me think Dark Pit might perhaps be a newcomer semi-clone of Pit after all.
I'm pretty sure it's just going to be similar to Kuma/Panda from Tekken. While Tekken Tag Tournament 2 gave them their own roster spots, Kuma and Panda are usually under the same roster spot in the Tekken games, with Panda just being an alt skin for Kuma. However, when you select the Panda alt, the announcer says "Panda", the name changes, and Panda's voice is different and she has her own ending, and has canon relations to other characters that Kuma does not. However, they play the exact same, and share a slot in most games.

I think Lucina and Marth will be the same situation. The only reason Lucina is getting her own page on the website is because of the fact she is a different person to Marth, with her own fanbase. Male Wii Fit Trainer, Female Villager, and Female Robin can still be referred to as just their names, because although their gender is different, the name is the same. Lucina doesn't have that quality.

So I don't believe she will have her own roster slot, but you will be able to toggle between Marth and Lucina.

wereyoshi

Smash Rookie
NNID
wereyoshi
Switch FC
SW 1149 3763 7213
Sorry but that's just ridiculous.
i know that it may sound ridiculous but i'm just pointing out the possibility due to the characters sharing a pose for something that doesn't look like their final smash.

Edit: I just noticed that my previous guess couldn't be right. Looking at the trailer again, i just noticed Robin in the final smash not sure how i missed him the first few times. After noticing that i see no chance of my previous guess of Chrom, being a Lucina alt being right .

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Not sure how I feel about Lucina being a Marth-Clone, I mean I thought Toon Link's return was enough, now we are not only going to have over 5 swordsmen, but one of them is a clone of another character? Since when did this become Melee 2?
Wait, you mean that ISN'T what people wanted? Oh man, Sakurai is going to get so confused with all the flip-flopping.

They'll make it work. She looked faster at least. Maybe Lucina is OldMarth.

Spire

III
BRoomer
By the way, y'all, we surpassed/matched the number of characters in Brawl so far. Yay!
We're at 36 (38 if you count the three Miisets as separate characters). Not there yet. We've either got 1 or 3 more characters — depending on your Mii stance — necessary to meet the Brawl roster of 39.

Shroob

Sup?
If Lucina takes up a roster slot, I'm going to be kinda bummed out. We were nearing the end of a roster with 0 new clones... Now crap like Dark Pit is a LOT more likely than before.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
How is it stupid? Chrom was predicted in the same breath as those two. Chrom was wrong. Tell me, why should I believe the leaker that Shulk and Chorus Kid are in when he's proven himself to have incorrect information? What possible reason do I have to trust that he's telling the truth?
Did you even read my post? I clearly said you don't have to believe that he's telling the truth. What I'm saying is that until Shulk and the Chorus Kids are confirmed/disconfirmed, it's stupid to say that that part of the leak is wrong. Chrom and only Chrom was wrong. Time will tell if the others are wrong, but at this point in time, they're still up in the air.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
If Lucina takes up a roster slot, I'm going to be kinda bummed out. We were nearing the end of a roster with 0 new clones... Now crap like Dark Pit is a LOT more likely than before.
If Dark Pit was in, I think they would have just revealed him.

And I doubt he would get in over villains like Hades and Medusa.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Some of you have far too much stake invested whether the Gematsu link was right or wrong. Blaming Sal or anyone else is not helping anything and just means that too many people dragged their egos into it. Once you get ones ego tied up into something like this it because a spawning ground for arrogance which would be best avoided in my opinion.

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
I'd just like to point out that this is the first gameplay footage of Ike. Even though it was just for a second or two.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
It's still 4 ****ing slots. FE does not deserve 4 ****ing slots.
Most series in Smash only have 3-4 characters worthy of inclusion given their relative importance to their series (i.e. protagonist, secondary protagonist, main villain, etc). Fire Emblem has like 12 protagonists to pull from, all of whom are roughly equal in importance, and has been with Nintendo since, what, the NES?

FE rates 4 reps just fine, especially if one is a low-effort clone.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm just still mad we're getting a clone. We were THIS CLOSE to a clone-less roster. Just once, I was hoping for a Smash game with no new clones.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm still trying to figure out if Lucina is a clone. If she were an alt skin, I doubt she would've gotten her own roster spot on the official site, but at the same time, her video and pictures show nothing that separates her from Marth. Her moves are the same, her idle's the same, evne her jumping and dashing animations look the same.

So, if clones are in, does that open up the possibility for more similar-to-their-more-popular-counterparts characters? Could we potentially see more Fox clones, or Dark Pit, or a Melee veteran returning? DLC could be easier to produce, as well, if they choose to go that route, if they don't have to create entirely new movesets and animations for any new characters.

I don't think I've ever been this excited for the possibility of clones before.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
People wanted the game to be more like Melee, and then get mad that Sakurai brings back clones! :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom