• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I fully agree with this. K. Rool has long earned a playable role in Smash Bros. and with the Kritters appearing for the first time since a spin-off game in 2008, it makes perfect sense that he would be. Though that certainly isn't nearly enough guarantee that either, and I do have my doubts, although for a few reasons I can't really see him appearing as a boss among other things.
Well, much like with Bowser, K. Rool's size hasn't always been consistent, as Mario Super Sluggers did show us. Even the Donkey Kong Country titles had K. Rool's size changing at times.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
I hope the trailer includes the rest of the O12, but that's just wishful thinking....but yeah, I'm expecting Shulk + Meta Knight.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Considering how many people I've seen who act like the Gematsu leak is as bad as cancer, it's hard to tell there is hype sometimes.
I'm just speaking in general to people who only casually follow the game. Us forum dwellers will maintain hype until release because we're on the forums all the time and talking about it all the time.

Casual people aren't going to necessarily be interested in a character that for all intents and purposes looks and will most likely play extremely similar to two already revealed characters, that most casual fans have never really been interested in to begin with.

Dracometeor

Smash Apprentice
But if he knew all the trailers, that still leaves Rosalina as an outlier.

Edit for elaboration:

Sal leaked before the Smash direct. Why not before the regular direct? And Little Mac was a prediction that wasn't at E3, so how come Rosalina is still left out?
Just think about it. He wants to prove his leak to be real. So he posted the MOST likely characters that he knew would be revealved at E3. That way even if he missed one or so, he would still be mostly correct and be put into the category of contested leak. Then he waited for the next Smash related news outlet (Smash Direct) before he took the risk of putting out some newcomer names. However Rosalina had already been released at that point. That doesn't mean he didn't know she was in. HOWEVER it means he didn't know WHEN she would be released. It's similar to how Little Mac was revealed later.

SO STOP TRYING TO DISCREDIT THE LEAK BASED ON ROSALINA.

It's pathetic how badly you don't want Chorus Men in and to have Lucas cut or believe the leak in general. Your straw grasping.

If you have legitimate proof that disproves it cool, until then stop ruining forums with your arguing.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Chrom will probably be shown in the inevitable August Direct and Chorus Men/Marshall will be shown just before the Japanese release in September. I'm still holding out for veterans to be shown in these trailers too. Half of the trailers since April have had veteran reveals and I'm honestly more excited for the remaining veterans than the implied newcomers at this point.

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice
It's gonna be so good to see Shulk in glorious HD *.*. Can't wait for monday. At least I still have the world cup final to speed things a little.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Predictions

Andy (AW) revealed, Snake revealed at the end of the trailer. Trailer "There is peace in Warsworld, but there is a great battle elsewhere, ANDY deploys into battle.

or

Shulk revealed, Mewtwo revealed too. Trailer focused on seeing the future.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Yeah, to those still trying to prove the Gematsu leak wrong, denial isn't just a river in Egypt. It may not be all the newcomers, but it's 8 for 9 on those announced, and the remaining 3 seem very likely to me as well. I think it's definitely gonna be Shulk on Monday. We can hope that there's a veteran too, but something tells me if Ridley is in the game, he's a secret character (which I like personally, it's about time we had some hype unlockables).

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
I think it comes down to something rather simple, really.

People aren't logical. I'm not sure about you, but if I had the knowledge of who were to be in the next Smash game, I'd string it along as much as I could. Call me the Lupinko of Smash, but I'd string up the reveals in complex riddles and tell only half truths because what I would know was right, and I wouldn't care if anyone believed me or not.

You must realize that to have that much power of a community as large as ours and to get countless hours of discussion and praise/hate... that can make a man incredibly egotistical.
Not evreyone is a batman c list villain
Chrom will probably be shown in the inevitable August Direct and Chorus Men/Marshall will be shown just before the Japanese release in September..
fire emblem has always had a secret chatracter so chrom, and the chorus kids are this games rob and game and watch, so there going to be a secret character.

Last edited:

monkokaio

Smash Cadet
NNID
monkokaio
3DS FC
4468-1090-0122
Sakurai has stated he was revealing a new character in advance for a reason. He and his crew will scout the internet, looking at what the fans have to say, and who they think is the most obvious choice for reveal.

In this case it seems to be Shulk. Knowing this, Sakurai will now know to not reveal Shulk, and to reveal a different newcomer instead to throw everyone off guard. Sakurai, that genius. I've figured him out.

FancysaurusRex

Smash Apprentice
Outside of Shulk, I'm still not sold at all with the newcomer suggestions that the rumor is bringing up.
Given that Rhythm Heaven is huge in Japan, and Chrom is the main character from a still-relevant and successful franchise, I'm not too surprised many people don't like them over here. I love the leak, personally, but I can see why it steps on people's toes.

What i don't get, however, is the lack of K.Rool. he's one of the most requested characters everywhere, and still no mention of him. I honestly think there's some copyright issue that relates sorely to him, because it makes no sense otherwise. I'm not even a fan of him, personally, but I know he deserves to be in Smash more than most.

PingPongCop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bottlecapn
3DS FC
2938-8474-3044
Ugh, It'll probably be Shulk, but I'm really hoping it's Bowser Jr. That would be cool...

And, guys, its NOT going to be Ridley or King K. Rool... It just isn't...

Does NOBODY remember the Direct?! Ridley is a boss on the Metroid stage, not a character!

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
Given that Rhythm Heaven is huge in Japan, and Chrom is the main character from a still-relevant and successful franchise, I'm not too surprised many people don't like them over here. I love the leak, personally, but I can see why it steps on people's toes.

What i don't get, however, is the lack of K.Rool. he's one of the most requested characters everywhere, and still no mention of him. I honestly think there's some copyright issue that relates sorely to him, because it makes no sense otherwise. I'm not even a fan of him, personally, but I know he deserves to be in Smash more than most.
I thought robin, a mage, was the main character.
Ugh, It'll probably be Shulk, but I'm really hoping it's Bowser Jr. That would be cool...

And, guys, its NOT going to be Ridley or King K. Rool... It just isn't...

Does NOBODY remember the Direct?! Ridley is a boss on the Metroid stage, not a character!
http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Ridley "Like his predecessor, the Ridley clone" under the under m senction

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
N fire emblem has always had a secret chatracter so chrom, and the chorus kids are this games rob and game and watch, so there going to be a secret character.
They may be secret but Sakurai has already said that all the newcomer trailers will be available from the get go. We, however, do not know if this means that all the newcomers will get trailers. Sakurai's comment yesterday also seemed to strongly imply that there is going to be at least one more trailer shown after this one (the August Direct is highly likely) so, again, whether they are secret or not may not really matter.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Sakurai has stated he was revealing a new character in advance for a reason. He and his crew will scout the internet, looking at what the fans have to say, and who they think is the most obvious choice for reveal.

In this case it seems to be Shulk. Knowing this, Sakurai will now know to not reveal Shulk, and to reveal a different newcomer instead to throw everyone off guard. Sakurai, that genius. I've figured him out.

But that's what he wants you to think, so now he'll reveal Shulk anyway.

PingPongCop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bottlecapn
3DS FC
2938-8474-3044
They may be secret but Sakurai has already said that all the newcomer trailers will be available from the get go. We, however, do not know if this means that all the newcomers will get trailers. Sakurai's comment yesterday also seemed to strongly imply that there is going to be at least one more trailer shown after this one (the August Direct is highly likely) so, again, whether they are secret or not may not really matter.
That really does matter, in terms of revealing characters. Also, what do you mean by "from the get go"?

Shroob

Sup?
That really does matter, in terms of revealing characters. Also, what do you mean by "from the get go"?
Sakurai said that we could watch the newcomer trailers without having to unlock them... meaning that, at least in a logical world, that the trailers would be available as soon as you boot up the game for the first time.

Edit: :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

Book Jacket

Smash Apprentice
Just think about it. He wants to prove his leak to be real. So he posted the MOST likely characters that he knew would be revealved at E3. That way even if he missed one or so, he would still be mostly correct and be put into the category of contested leak. Then he waited for the next Smash related news outlet (Smash Direct) before he took the risk of putting out some newcomer names. However Rosalina had already been released at that point. That doesn't mean he didn't know she was in. HOWEVER it means he didn't know WHEN she would be released. It's similar to how Little Mac was revealed later.

It's pathetic how badly you don't want Chorus Men in and to have Lucas cut or believe the leak in general. Your straw grasping.

If you have legitimate proof that disproves it cool, until then stop ruining forums with your arguing.
Yo. Chill. I actually think the leak has a lot going for it. I believe that all the characters it mentioned are in the game. I love the idea of the chorus men. They look rad to play as and Marshal is so much fun as a character in general. My posts had nothing to do with that.

I wasn't even try to discredit the leak; I was trying to put into question whether or not the source of the leaks worked on the videos. I was very specific in how I worded it, too. I don't think you read all my posts, so I'mna restate something.

"we still have an open ended question laying around (and I mean question, I'm not denouncing the possibility, only pointing out a hole in the theory): why then was Rosalina never mentioned, not even once, in the 6 months of potential trailer work between E3 and her December reveal?"

This was in my last paragraph, one page ago. If you read the parenthesis in particular, you'll notice I wasn't denouncing the leak, just pointing out a flaw in one theory about the source of the leak. Not even the dang content. The source.

I like the leak. If that's the final roster, then cool. I'm set and pumped for a new Smash with some kick-a** characters. But I'm free to pose some questions.

And shoutouts to @ PingPongCop PingPongCop for the avatar

Last edited:

GhettoPlab

Smash Rookie
Since the trailer is 3 minutes long, I would expect to see a veteran be included in the trailer along with the newcomer. Like Charizard and Greninja. Possible Scenarios :

1. Shulk and Meta Knight
2. Chrous Men and Ice Climbers
3. Just Shulk
4. Just Chrous Men
5. Chrom/Lucina and Meta Knight
6. Just Chrom/Lucina

Last edited:

PingPongCop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bottlecapn
3DS FC
2938-8474-3044
Sakurai said that we could watch the newcomer trailers without having to unlock them... meaning that, at least in a logical world, that the trailers would be available as soon as you boot up the game for the first time.

Edit: :4greninja:'d
Oh, I must have missed something. Where did Sakurai announce that?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Nintendo has the rights to all the Donkey Kong characters though, so copyright issues is a poor reason to not include King K. Rool. The Kritters basically prove this.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
I highly doubt he made the 2nd batch up. The fact we've gotten Palutena, a Pokemon from X/Y, Shulk hinted at, Chrom very likely, and a Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run.... if he just GUESSED 11 out of 11 characters, then he is psychic.
Palutena was an obvious choice thanks to the leak. A Pokémon from X and Y was an obvious choice, as well. Like you said, Shulk was hinted at and Chrom is very likely. There is nothing about those choices that you would need insider knowledge for. Perhaps he saw some footage of Smash Run with the Rhythm Heaven enemy when he got the other information. When he looked it up and discovered the enemy's origin, then he picked out a weird Rhythm Heaven character to get people talking.

STOP TRYING TO DISCREDIT THE PEOPLE WHO ARE RIGHTLY DISCREDITING THE LEAK BASED ON ROSALINA. (I can shout, too. :p)

It's pathetic how badly you want Chrom, Shulk, and Chorus Men to be the only newcomers left, that you want Lucas cut, and that you'll insult anyone who wants to be hopeful that there will still be surprises left when the game comes out instead of having the entire roster spoiled seven months in advance. (I can also be condescending to people of opposite viewpoints, also. :p)

Seriously, the whole reason Rosalina is important is because it confirms that we don't know the full roster yet. If the leaker is unable to provide us with the reason he didn't mention Rosalina, when he KNOWS that people are questioning his validity thanks to that (even Sal), then we're left to conclude that he's hiding something. Coupled with the fact he didn't know the Pokémon from X and Y was Greninja, the logical conclusion is that he only knows SOME newcomers, not all.

There are also plenty of other reasons to doubt him (why does he suddenly know that either Ness or Lucas will be cut) or consider him to be a troll (saying that Nintendo DLC is "greedy", which is so untrue that it's actually pretty funny). Regardless, I'll be happy with the newcomers we get. The Chorus Men would be insanely fun...

Shroob

Sup?
Palutena was an obvious choice thanks to the leak. A Pokémon from X and Y was an obvious choice, as well. Like you said, Shulk was hinted at and Chrom is very likely. There is nothing about those choices that you would need insider knowledge for. Perhaps he saw some footage of Smash Run with the Rhythm Heaven enemy when he got the other information. When he looked it up and discovered the enemy's origin, then he picked out a weird Rhythm Heaven character to get people talking.

STOP TRYING TO DISCREDIT THE PEOPLE WHO ARE RIGHTLY DISCREDITING THE LEAK BASED ON ROSALINA. (I can shout, too. :p)

It's pathetic how badly you want Chrom, Shulk, and Chorus Men to be the only newcomers left, that you want Lucas cut, and that you'll insult anyone who wants to be hopeful that there will still be surprises left when the game comes out instead of having the entire roster spoiled seven months in advance. (I can also be condescending to people of opposite viewpoints, also. :p)

Seriously, the whole reason Rosalina is important is because it confirms that we don't know the full roster yet. If the leaker is unable to provide us with the reason he didn't mention Rosalina, when he KNOWS that people are questioning his validity thanks to that (even Sal), then we're left to conclude that he's hiding something. Coupled with the fact he didn't know the Pokémon from X and Y was Greninja, the logical conclusion is that he only knows SOME newcomers, not all.

There are also plenty of other reasons to doubt him (why does he suddenly know that either Ness or Lucas will be cut) or consider him to be a troll (saying that Nintendo DLC is "greedy", which is so untrue that it's actually pretty funny). Regardless, I'll be happy with the newcomers we get. The Chorus Men would be insanely fun...
Except this tweet is the first real evidence of Shulk being in the game. Pretty much until this tweet, Shulk had nothing really going for him outside of "Gematsu had him". This tweet from the writer is the first plausible piece of evidence towards Shulk's inclusion.

Also, no enemy in Smash run outside of the SubSpace Emissary enemies, is from a franchise that does not have a character repping it. Says a lot about Chorus Men, frankly. We have not seen a single enemy that's not from a repped franchise.

Last edited:

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Except this tweet this the first real evidence of Shulk being in the game. Pretty much until this tweet, Shulk had nothing really going for him outside of "Gematsu had him". This tweet from the writer is the first plausible piece of evidence towards Shulk's inclusion.

Also, no enemy in Smash run outside of the SubSpace Emissary enemies, is from a franchise that does not have a character repping it. Says a lot about Chorus Men, frankly. We have not seen a single enemy that's not from a repped franchise.
Stop talking about the tweet, do you really think Sakurai would let them spoil his reveal in such a way? I don't think this tweet guarantees it to be Shulk.

Shroob

Sup?
Stop talking about the tweet, do you really think Sakurai would let them spoil his reveal in such a way? I don't think this tweet guarantees it to be Shulk.
Next Level tweeted about the February Nintendo Direct. Next Level made Punch Out Wii and afaik had no other game that was in that Direct. Boom, Little Mac.

The Writer for Xenoblade has never retweeted Sakurai before unless it has something to do with Xenoblade information.

Last edited:

Dracometeor

Smash Apprentice

Except Rosalina does not discredit the leak. I did NOT say that the leak is the full roster. The leak doesn't even say it's the full roster. When you act like the leaker has to be god and do nothing wrong and know everything is ridiculous.

Has he ever been wrong? No. You have no proof that his newcomers are not in the game and 8 of them already are.
Did he ever say that was the full roster? No. Did he say that there would be no other newcomers to be revealed besides the ones he leaked? No.

So stop acting like the leak is law. However the leak is correct. You have no proof that it isn't and therefore need to stop trying to prove that point. For every "reason" the leak is discredited I can give you 8 reasons it's not. How many people do you know that guessed 8 out of the 9 newcomers? The leak is true so far. Any arguments about it not being so are futile as your proof is just talking about the absence of information that was given. Which proves nothing against the leak because the leak didn't mention it.

Nobody disagree's that we will get more characters then the leak, your fighting an argument with yourself. I hope your winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom