• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Alternatively, just a bonus scene showing a cardboard box in the background. The newcomer walks by, stops and stares at it for a moment, then continues walking by. Then we fade to black...

For maximum trollage.
VINTAGE.... Sakurai.

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
It'll clearly be Donkey Kong and Diddy running along a snowcapped mountain, eventually we hear a noise followed by a cannon ball knocking over Donkey Kong. The shadowy figure grabs Diddy and text pops up reading "K. Rool Sets Sail." The rest of the trailer is just this performed verbatim: http://youtu.be/RFZzMbI-mSo?t=30s

epicgordan

Smash Ace
You know, there's really only two strong possibilities here, right? We will either get Shulk, or we'll get Ridley. Characters that have been hyped up and teased to the extent that Ridley has is usually a strong indication that he will be one of the next, if not THE next newcomer reveal. It has happened with Pac-Man, Mii Fighters, and Palutena. And if you want to get technical, Little Mac as well. Chances are, Ridley's time will come.

The other option is Shulk, and if we take Ridley or the gematsu leak out of the equation, all paths seem to be pointing towards his favor come Monday, especially given the tweet from the guy who created Shulk as well as his voice actor. It's so obvious at this point that if I do not get Shulk or Ridley, I will be very surprised (maybe not so much Chrom or Chorus Kids, but moreso than I would with the other two).

TheDMonroeShow

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3695-0037-2189
But if he knew all the trailers, that still leaves Rosalina as an outlier.

Edit for elaboration:

Sal leaked before the Smash direct. Why not before the regular direct? And Little Mac was a prediction that wasn't at E3, so how come Rosalina is still left out?
Possibly because rosalina was never planned for e3 at all maybe they weren't sure which of the original leak were going to be shown at the time and then they decided on the 3 we ended up with.

And obviously he wouldn't say anything about rosalina in the second leak because she was already revealed.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
You know, there's really only two strong possibilities here, right? We will either get Shulk, or we'll get Ridley. Characters that have been hyped up and teased to the extent that Ridley has is usually a strong indication that he will be one of the next, if not THE next newcomer reveal. It has happened with Pac-Man, Mii Fighters, and Palutena. And if you want to get technical, Little Mac as well. Chances are, Ridley's time will come.

The other option is Shulk, and if we take Ridley or the gematsu leak out of the equation, all paths seem to be pointing towards his favor come Monday, especially given the tweet from the guy who created Shulk as well as his voice actor. It's so obvious at this point that if I do not get Shulk or Ridley, I will be very surprised (maybe not so much Chrom or Chorus Kids, but moreso than I would with the other two).
Well... Technically Ridley hasn't received that much, if any teasing since E3. But if I was Sakurai I'd reveal Ridley in a special trailer dedicated to only him, because it'd only make sense to hype up a character that popular with a huge spectacle being made of him.

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
I'm actually not aware of who's in talks right now but I'm gonna leave this here anyway...

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Well, my hopes are riding on either Shulk or Chorus Kids. (I prefer to call then Chorus Kids)

I wanna hype, but Im bored of waiting...

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Nearly 900 posts in less than 2 days? Holy crap smash boards.

On topic: Hyped, placing money on Chrom because someone has to bet on a character other than Shulk.

Book Jacket

Smash Apprentice
Possibly because rosalina was never planned for e3 at all maybe they weren't sure which of the original leak were going to be shown at the time and then they decided on the 3 we ended up with.

And obviously he wouldn't say anything about rosalina in the second leak because she was already revealed.
Okay, but whoever the leaker is leaked between E3s, so they aren't E3 only. Why then, in regards specifically to the theory that this person works on the trailers, did they not say anything about Rosalina, regardless of reveal timing?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I wonder if Sally Romanov is going to rear her ugly head in the next 24 hours or so.

TheDMonroeShow

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3695-0037-2189
Okay, but whoever the leaker is leaked between E3s, so they aren't E3 only. Why then, in regards specifically to the theory that this person works on the trailers, did they not say anything about Rosalina, regardless of reveal timing?
Because it's clear the guy doesn't know the reveal times of the trailers.

The first list was the characters considered for e3, Rosalina's reveal was some what more random not being at a special event.

This could be why the leaker gave THE REST of the cast and not just the ones that were possibly planned for the direct so this way he wouldn't be in a situation where a character was revealed without him leaking like rosalina.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

The first list was the characters considered for e3, Rosalina's reveal was some what more random not being at a special event.

This could be why the leaker gave THE REST of the cast and not just the ones that were possibly planned for the direct so this way he wouldn't be in a situation where a character was revealed without him leaking like rosalina.
I don't really understand why he wouldn't have just leaked the full cast from the start, and said "these characters will be revealed at E3".

Book Jacket

Smash Apprentice

But we don't know that Mac, Mii, or Pac were planned for 2013 E3. In fact, it seems extremely unlikely to me that Pac was planned for 2013 E3, because they'd be blowing two huge announcements so close together. It doesn't make sense. And I don't think it can be argued that it does, either, as that kind of announcement planning was very intentional: one new 3rd party in 2013, and the other in 2014.

Also, the leak before the Smash Direct contained only one character unveiled during the direct. And that wasn't even an E3 at all. Nor was Mac's trailer.

All of these things, taken together and without, I think, logical denouncement (if anyone has a good reason why what I said doesn't make sense, tell me), we still have an open ended question laying around (and I mean question, I'm not denouncing the possibility, only pointing out a hole in the theory): why then was Rosalina never mentioned, not even once, in the 6 months of potential trailer work between E3 and her December reveal? It doesn't add up. If anyone knows something I don't, feel free to call me out.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I think it comes down to something rather simple, really.

People aren't logical. I'm not sure about you, but if I had the knowledge of who were to be in the next Smash game, I'd string it along as much as I could. Call me the Lupinko of Smash, but I'd string up the reveals in complex riddles and tell only half truths because what I would know was right, and I wouldn't care if anyone believed me or not.

You must realize that to have that much power of a community as large as ours and to get countless hours of discussion and praise/hate... that can make a man incredibly egotistical.

Last edited:

Dustiletto

Smash Cadet
NNID
greasyitalian
3DS FC
3411-1534-9274
While Shulk does seem possible at this point, remember that Monolith soft also retweeted the Smash Direct news as well, and we didn't get Shulk from that. That doesn't diminish the probability of him being in the game though. :drmario:

I personally just wanna see Marshal/Chorus Kids/Karate Joe Already, because I adore Rhythm Heaven.

But who knows? Maybe Gematsu isn't right after all. Maybe it'll be something completely out of nowhere. You never know. :rosalina:

Book Jacket

Smash Apprentice

People aren't logical. I'm not sure about you, but if I had the knowledge of who were to be in the next Smash game, I'd string it along as much as I could. Call me the Lupinko of Smash, but I'd string up the reveals in complex riddles and tell only half truths because what I would know was right, and I wouldn't care if anyone believed me or not.

You must realize that to have that much power of a community as large as ours and to get countless hours of discussion and praise/hate... that can make a man incredibly egotistical.
That would suck. Honestly though, wouldn't it be more fun for the guy to wait just a moment before the direct and just say "Oh by the way that Mario Galaxy chick is in the game guys"

You could be right though. Leakers are people and people are bas****s

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
I actually posted this in the Robin trhead, but it's a interessing theory of mine, so why not share it?

Stalkos said:
I do really think the newcomer of monday will be a fire emblem rep. It's because a personal theory that I made that I like to call the Ike Theory.

Ike was announced but aside his images from the site, and two PotD (where one was basically of an item and not of him), Ike didn't had any apparence until now. Now even in another characters images, or newcomers video (you barely see him at the Palutena video).
Judging for that, or Sakurai forgot about him, or he don't want to show Ike yet (maybe some moves changed, like charizard?).

A FE newcomer video would be a excellent place to show Ike fully, with the new rep and Marth. Think like the Greninja video that showed Chairzard and Lucario.
That and I really wanted that the reveal was something not Gematsu. Nothing agaist gematsu, I just want the surprise feeling.
EDIT: Also I said Ike was barely showed in Palutena video, but he wasn't showed at all! Greninja too.

Last edited:

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
So let me get this straight you believed the leak until he said something you didn't like? Lol

And POSSIBLY the guy who is leaking this only works on the trailers to some degree so he only knows info on the newcomers and would be why he didn't know anything about the nfc figures and modes.
He said something implausible that proved it false in my eyes.

I never believed the leak, per say. I thought it was likely to be true, but fully aware that it may not be true. In any case, I believe that the first leak was true (as it has been proven true at E3 this year), but I don't believe the second and third leak yet.

And if he has info on the trailers, he would have known about the amiibos, as they were prominently featured in the Mii Fighter trailer. He also would have known about Rosalina and that the Pokémon was Greninja.

It's not suspicious at all. His first leak was in relation to E3. Rosalina wasn't intended to be shown at E3. The second leak came before the direct which was after Rosalina's reveal. Simple as that.
No, not as simple as that. The fact that he goes out of his way to not talk about Rosalina suggests that he's hiding something. The most logical reason is that he didn't know about Rosalina, which implies he may not know the full roster. But the only way that Pokémon from X and Y could have been legit for Greninja was by seeing the roster before Greninja was decided. So why does he not know about Rosalina? If he did, why not leak her prior to the Nintendo Direct like his leak before the Smash Direct? Whether the implication is legit or not, it's still present and damaging to his credibility.

Face it, guys, if you're claiming the Gematsu leak as fake, you're desperately grasping at straws at this point. Just face facts, realize it's 99% likely to happen, and be hopeful for other potential hidden newcomers.
People who claim Gematsu is true are also grasping at straws. Being likely does not make it fact. Also, did you know that 84% of statistics are made up on the spot? :p

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm still holding onto the hop Sal just lucky with his guesses, and added Chorus Men because he got WFT right and wanted another WFT in his second leak.

Dustiletto

Smash Cadet
NNID
greasyitalian
3DS FC
3411-1534-9274
I'm still holding onto the hop Sal just lucky with his guesses, and added Chorus Men because he got WFT right and wanted another WFT in his second leak.
I dunno, with the Rhythm Heaven enemies in Smash run, stuff seems to be coming full circle.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
It'd be absolutely awesome if Sakurai realized that the Shulk guy ruined the surprise of Shulk so revealed another character instead, if of course he'd intended to reveal Shulk on Monday in the first place.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It'd be absolutely awesome if Sakurai realized that the Shulk guy ruined the surprise of Shulk so revealed another character instead, if of course he'd intended to reveal Shulk on Monday in the first place.
I could see Sakurai doing it and revealing Chrom instead.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
At this point, I'm pretty much sold on the Sal leak myself. I'm just coming to accept that it almost certainly is true given how the newcomers listed in it could very well be the only ones remaining.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
And if he has info on the trailers, he would have known about the amiibos, as they were prominently featured in the Mii Fighter trailer. He also would have known about Rosalina and that the Pokémon was Greninja.
Not necessarily... The CGI trailers and **** are made by a CGI company. This is true for every game. Sonic Team has a company that makes CGI cutscenes, Blizzard does, Riot does, although I think Valve just uses their movie engine since their CGI is not "top" quality graphics.

If the leaker is a trailer maker who works with the CGI/Flash/Anime trailers... then he would NOT know about the Amiibo trailer since it wasn't the usual "so and so steps in!" character announcement trailer and it was live action aka not made by the normal company and instead was just a normal E3 clip. Why would they know about a Nintendo made movie clip made for E3? And why does he HAVE to mention it? Plus Scannable stuff WAS leaked but vaguely. We knew about that stuff before amiibo was announced. Further more not revealing something isn't proof. It'd be like reading the Pokemon X/Y leaks (that were true) and then whining that he excluded the location of a Pokemart or something when there's 50 other correct facts on the leak.

Last edited:

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
I just know Chrom's reveal will be animated in the style of the cutscenes in Awakening. Be sure to pay attention to how the video is animated to make the first assumptions.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
At this point, I'm pretty much sold on the Sal leak myself. I'm just coming to accept that it almost certainly is true given how the newcomers listed in it could very well be the only ones remaining.
On the other hand, the rumor does heavily neglect Ridley and K. Rool, and the latter hasn't shown his face since 2008. If the Kritters are enemies in Smash Run, it would just be an insult to not have King K. Rool be playable this time.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877

You know, I wouldn't find it out of the question that the leaker only knew the first info legit and then made up the stuff in the other two leaks to have people stroke his ego. That would explain him not leaking again until the Smash Direct. It was announced a few days in advance and guaranteed to have at least one newcomer, that gave him enough time to make stuff up for it. He didn't have that luxury for the December and February Directs. It also helped that Gematsu came back into focus thanks to the Little Mac reveal so people were paying close attention. He also had advance notice for the Digital Event and prepared a leak for that as well. With this newcomer vid having advance notice, I predict we'll see Sal and his leaker soon. He won't be able to resist the attention.

Shroob

Sup?
You know, I wouldn't find it out of the question that the leaker only knew the first info legit and then made up the stuff in the other two leaks to have people stroke his ego. That would explain him not leaking again until the Smash Direct. It was announced a few days in advance and guaranteed to have at least one newcomer, that gave him enough time to make stuff up for it. He didn't have that luxury for the December and February Directs. It also helped that Gematsu came back into focus thanks to the Little Mac reveal so people were paying close attention. He also had advance notice for the Digital Event and prepared a leak for that as well. With this newcomer vid having advance notice, I predict we'll see Sal and his leaker soon. He won't be able to resist the attention.
I highly doubt he made the 2nd batch up. The fact we've gotten Palutena, a Pokemon from X/Y, Shulk hinted at, Chrom very likely, and a Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run.... if he just GUESSED 11 out of 11 characters, then he is psychic.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
On the other hand, the rumor does heavily neglect Ridley and K. Rool, and the latter hasn't shown his face since 2008. If the Kritters are enemies in Smash Run, it would just be an insult to not have King K. Rool be playable this time.
I fully agree with this. K. Rool has long earned a playable role in Smash Bros. and with the Kritters appearing for the first time since a spin-off game in 2008, it makes perfect sense that he would be. Though that certainly isn't nearly enough guarantee that either, and I do have my doubts, although for a few reasons I can't really see him appearing as a boss among other things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom