• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character: Stafy (Densetsu no Stafy series)

the grim lizard

Smash Master
That's what I was pointing at. I said he wanted to refrain from using them, and that means he wants to stay away from using them. And, I didn't mean Starfy has no chance at getting in at all. I might wanna edit my post and make it sound less like I'm outright saying, "STARFY IS NOT IN BRAWL. U SUCK." Which I wouldn't say in the first place.

BUT HE WOULD PROBABLY DO IT ANYWAY.
<<---you kinda missed that part.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
OMFG A STAR!!?? IT'S A POPULAR CHARACTER IN JAPAN!!??? HOLY **** I'M MAKING A THREAD ABOUT HIM AND PROCLAIMING HE ACTUALLY HAS A CHANCE TO BE IN SSBB!!!

Basically, this thing is a different shaped version of Kirby, but without any of his abilities. Just because the character is popular (in one country) doesn't automatically make it a shoe in. Especially if that character is just a star(fish) that can only spin around and do headbutts. No thanks.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Well the Japan comment was basically Sakurai saying that he knows that SSBB is international, so he can't favor one country, but if he thought the character would be popular around the world, he might add them. I don't know anything about Staffy, but he may have pottential marketing ability. >_>

parrothead

Smash Lord
Stafy is so popular, Japanese restaurants made food shaped like him:

And they even made birthday balloons shaped like him:

parrothead

Smash Lord
If his spinning and headbutt moves aren't enough, then he'll probably use moves like these:

And/Or some of these moves (To see the ones in the link in action, click below the screenshots).

============================================================

Here are some PROS:

* Stafy seems so popular in Japan, Nintendo and a few other companies both created some Stafy merchandise.
* Stafy has plenty of unique moves. However, see the third CON.
* If the third CON is good, then perhaps the SSB series needs an odd character or two.
* Stafy made some cameos and met Wario.

And here are some CONS:

* The Densetsu no Stafy series is Japan/Asia-Only.
* Stafy wasn't mentioned in Sakurai's SSBB poll, which probably means that Sakurai isn't interested in Stafy very much.
* Some of Stafy's moves seem a little too odd for people to understand. Perhaps they were made that way, because Nintendo is a Japanese company, and they wanted to add some odd, Japanese stuff.
* Stafy is probably owned by TOSE more than Nintendo.

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
Hello, I'm New here.
I kinda Just joined Just to Share a little something I made.

heh, I actually Think Stafy would be a Great addition to the Smash Franchise.

- KimmotMan

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Hello, I'm New here.

- KimmotMan
The on with Pit looks obviously fake, but everything looks like pretty decent. In fact, more than decent. In fact, kick ***.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
The food-stuff really got to me; if Stafy's THAT popular, they'd be CRAZY not to add him in Brawl!

Plus, I love that fake update!

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Hello, I'm New here.

- KimmotMan
sorry I never commented before, but danm, that looks downright incredible 0_0.

Three words: *BUMP* AND L@@KY!
*sniff* why cant I draw as good as you? ;A;

anyway, stafy FTW!

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Three words: *BUMP* AND L@@KY!
Ooh, very nice, Parrot.
It seems like it'd be a good series to at least try to bring to America. I guess they just think that Stafy's too cutesy for Americans... Oh well. They might be right.

About the licensing issue, it doesn't seem like it'd be that big. Smash Bros. is one of the best ways of advertisement for a game or a character. I bet tons of people looked into Earthbound and Fire Emblem etc. just because of those characters. I'd think most companies would love to have their character represented in Smash Bros., especially if they were looking to move a game to a new country (a la Fire Emblem to the Americas)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I played Fire Emblem Waaaaay before Melee came out and I only learned of Ness slightly before N64 Smash came out...

I didn't play earthbound to admittedly after though

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I actually got the chance to play Densetsu no Stafi--or at least the first one. I LOVE IT! It's so fun. Stafy has earned my official seal of approval! :bigthumbu

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I actually got the chance to play Densetsu no Stafi--or at least the first one. I LOVE IT! It's so fun. Stafy has earned my official seal of approval! :bigthumbu
Really? How?

I wish a translated version was downloadable, and can be used on some sort of emulater like other games.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
I was playing earlier, and realized Stafy would be a glider like Pit and Meta Knight.

Also, this made my day.

Sakurai: "You may even see some that only the most dedicated fans will recognize."

Top Bottom