• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character: DeMille (Demiru in Japan) (from Tomato Adventure)

Joka

Smash Journeyman
This is an awesome topic! It deserve attention!

(I never knew DeMille) was a hare. Never looked like one to me. He just looked like a boy with a strange hat and has a yoyo for a weapon.

I'm familiar with the game and I've played it. I LOVED it! This guy will be an awesome character!

parrothead

Smash Lord
Here are all the names of DeMille's Gimmicks in Japanese:
* はぐるまヨーヨー
* マグネハンド
* いかりかざん
* Kワンワン
* スニー・カー
* リニアグローブ
* ニャンかんおう
* カミカミ
* かおケンケン
* しっぽブンブン
* ピラメット
* かみかみ
* バナナスノボー
* ローリングむすび
* きっこうグローブ
* にとうりゅう
* かりゅうほう
* ドキドキドレイン

Online translators won't translate all of these. It is best to get someone who knows both, Japanese and English.

The reason why I said this, is that I'm working on a video that shows all of DeMille's Gimmicks being used.

Obikun

Smash Apprentice
Great... Try saying that on another thread.
Just ignore the guy. Thats what happens when you post without first reading and knowing what is the thread about.

Anyway, about Demille appearing in Brawl, I think is a wonderful idea. Seen new characters in Brawl is one of the things that I look forward the most, and the ideas of a hare-like character is fine with me. I think Sakurai should try to eliminated the "ditto characters" (mario=doc, marth=roy, etc) and concentrated on introducing new characters to us gamers. Who knows, maybe the Tomato Adventure games could be the next big thing, much like the Fire Emblem games which became a HUGE hit in the U.S.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Just ignore the guy. Thats what happens when you post without first reading and knowing what is the thread about.

Anyway, about Demille appearing in Brawl, I think is a wonderful idea. Seen new characters in Brawl is one of the things that I look forward the most, and the ideas of a hare-like character is fine with me. I think Sakurai should try to eliminated the "ditto characters" (mario=doc, marth=roy, etc) and concentrated on introducing new characters to us gamers. Who knows, maybe the Tomato Adventure games could be the next big thing, much like the Fire Emblem games which became a HUGE hit in the U.S.
That's my same thinking with the Stafy games. But whne I think about it, Tomato Adventure is a lot like Earthbound, so maybe it would have more luck here.

If not a playable character, then perhaps as an Assist Character? We can always hope!

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Well... this thread is pretty convincing, I know would like to see him in Brawl... (though I also want Lip and Lucas, I'm very Japan-only supporting)

His game sounds interesting, and I've taken some Japanese classes, so I'll download the ROM if I'm free sometime next week or the next one.

Chickenboy666

Smash Ace
That's my same thinking with the Stafy games. But whne I think about it, Tomato Adventure is a lot like Earthbound, so maybe it would have more luck here.

If not a playable character, then perhaps as an Assist Character? We can always hope!
yes, at least now we have the AT hope

but I really want to see Demille as playable, As I said before, if Brawl will have 3rd party characters, Nintendo should consider its 2nd parties like Camelot (with a Golden Sun character) and Alphadream (with Demille!!!!).

Demille for Brawl!!!!!

CORRUPTiON

Smash Apprentice
Seems like a very valid character for Brawl. Definitely like how you put the gifs of his moves. He's a good idea also because they're looking for more unique and 'retro' characters. Putting him on my list of most wanted for sure.

Florida

イーグランツ
Derimu the hare, what an excellent selection for a playable character! From my knowledge, he's appeared multiple times on Sakurai's poll, and he intrigues the hell out of Sakurai! He also seems like a character with a lot of potential, he has plenty of options for his special moves especially! As for his standard moves and combos, Sakurai will just have to work something out! By the looks of it, this guy has as good as chances as any other character.

Honestly, I've never played the game, but the look of this guy screams out "Brawl material!".
Edit: I've ugh, made my own moveset for the guy! Huzzah!
(a lot of it is what you have on the front page, but I've edited some things to what I think would work a little better)

Standard Moves:

A: Jab
A + A: Jab + Kick
Dash + A: Baseball Slide (feet in front, slide)

Forward Tilt: Forward Gear Yo-Yo
Up Tilt: Upward Gear Yo-Yo
Down Tilt: Downward Slide Yo-Yo (hits both ends)

Forward Smash: Strong Punch
Up Smash: Strong Headbutt
Down Smash: Heavy Stomp (slightly jumps and pounds his feet on the ground)

Forward Air: Air Stomp (feet are positioned in front of him)
Up Air: Swift Ears (his ears shift back and forth for a short amount of time)
Down Air: Spiral Attack (feet locked together, and spins downward)
Back Air: Backward Air Stomp (feet are positioned behind him)
Neutral Air: Arm Spin (stretches his arms out wide and spins twice)

Special moves:

Forward B: Linear Glove [art] [animation]
Up B: Hoverboard [animation] [animation 2]
Down B: Noisy Face [art] [animation]
Neutral B: Tortoise Shell Glove [animation]

Final Smash: Pasaran's Song [animation]

[taunt] [stance] [intro]

Florida

イーグランツ
nice moveset, egruntz ^_^
maybe the Final Smash could be the Parasan Song or the Tomato Robot =P
I hope Demille will be in Brawl
Thanks! :)
Unfortunately I have no idea what the Parasan Song is, or the Tomato Robot.
Although Tomato Robot is something I can image in my head, ;)

Could you perhaps give me a link showing me what they are?
Or perhaps just describing them to me? The topic of Tomato Adventure has gained my interest.

Chickenboy666

Smash Ace
unfortunately, the videos were removed, but I will explaint that moves:

Pasaran is Demille's girlfriend, and when her song is played, Demille gets electrified and gets speed.

Tomato Robot MKII: Aretha 's(Demille's best friend) Robot come and attacks the enemies. I dont remember it very well, but u can imagine it =P lol

Edit: here's an in-game video, if u haven't seen it yet =P
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OXJ_2jzGopA

Florida

イーグランツ
unfortunately, the videos were removed, but I will explaint that moves:

Pasaran is Demille's girlfriend, and when her song is played, Demille gets electrified and gets speed.

Tomato Robot MKII: Aretha 's(Demille's best friend) Robot come and attacks the enemies. I dont remember it very well, but u can imagine it =P lol

Edit: here's an in-game video, if u haven't seen it yet =P
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OXJ_2jzGopA
The Tomato Robot seemed like it would've made a good Final Smash in my mind, but since the Pasaran affects Demille directly, I think it'd fit more under the "Final Smash" catagorey. So, my moveset is edited. Pasaran's Song seems like a reasonable Final Smash selection.

It could be a Final Smash where you get to control the character, in this case Demille is extra speedy, a lot stronger, and is electrified (so whenever an opponent tries to hit you, they get zapped and get some knockback). That would work excellently!

Anders Kaiser

Smash Apprentice
It could be a Final Smash where you get to control the character, in this case Demille is extra speedy, a lot stronger, and is electrified (so whenever an opponent tries to hit you, they get zapped and get some knockback). That would work excellently!
...except you've pretty much just described Pikachu's Volt Tackle.

DeMille looks like an interesting character (a friend of mine used to have him on his list). His Gimmicks give him enough variety to be a good smasher, and I'll be honest I like the style of his appearance. That said, he's only appeared in Tomato Adventure, right? And he's a Japan-only character to boot...I don't think he quite qualifies as an All-star. If you're talking about Japan-only characters, I think someone from a bigger-known franchise (like Lucas from Mother 3 or Stafy from his games) stands a better chance.

DeMille's cool, and I can definitely see this game's influence in the Mario & Luigi franchise, but I'm not sure how viable of a selection he is.

Florida

イーグランツ
...except you've pretty much just described Pikachu's Volt Tackle.

DeMille looks like an interesting character (a friend of mine used to have him on his list). His Gimmicks give him enough variety to be a good smasher, and I'll be honest I like the style of his appearance. That said, he's only appeared in Tomato Adventure, right? And he's a Japan-only character to boot...I don't think he quite qualifies as an All-star. If you're talking about Japan-only characters, I think someone from a bigger-known franchise (like Lucas from Mother 3 or Stafy from his games) stands a better chance.

DeMille's cool, and I can definitely see this game's influence in the Mario & Luigi franchise, but I'm not sure how viable of a selection he is.
Erm... the only thing similar to what I've said about Demille's possible Final Smash, and Pikachu's Volt Tackle, is the electrified mention. Pikachu's Volt Tackle relies solely on electricity, and gives the opponent a devistating blow, while Pasaran's Song will only surround Derimu with a weak, but defensive, electricity armor. Providing SLIGHT knockback.

The main purpous for Pasaran's Song would be extra speedy, powerful, and invincible, for a limited amount of time. Also, Demille has good chances, seeing how Sakurai found his submissions and suggestions very intriqueing ;)

Florida

イーグランツ
Awesome! Now I can image Derimu's moves in Brawl a little more clearly.
I swear, the more I think about the little hare, the more I want him in.
I've never supported a character for Smash as much as Derimu :p

Thanks, parrothead!!!!!! m(_ _)m

well, these are the moves I was talking about:
Pasaran Song
Aresa's Tomato Robot MKII
I went ahead and added the Pasaran's Song as Derimu's Final Smash, in my moveset. As said before, it'll probably work out better than the Robot, although it's a good idea for his Final Smash as well! C'mon Sakurai, you can't resist how cute the guy is >.<

This thread was already pushed down to the third page in like 5 hours.
Derimu needs some more support =/

Fawriel

Smash Master
I have the theory that Sakurai wants to incorporate a great variety of styles in the game.

Demille seems quite stylish enough to me to fit the bill.

Did I mention that I like him? Although I can't imagine myself playing his games or anything? He's just that lovable, I guess.

Florida

イーグランツ
ummm...>_<

I don't like characters like this.
:O
What's not to like?
Cute, tons of gimmicks,
*cough*ownsridley*cough*
, is as good as Ridley :)

heeee!!! nice update for ur movesetr ^_^
it's true, Demille needs more support, its good that now ur supporting him too

and I also hope Sakurai cant resist how cute Demille is >.<

Demille 4 Brawl!!!
I'm just glad that the character I chose to support, actually has a chance for making it in Brawl.

I have the theory that Sakurai wants to incorporate a great variety of styles in the game.

Demille seems quite stylish enough to me to fit the bill.

Did I mention that I like him? Although I can't imagine myself playing his games or anything? He's just that lovable, I guess.
I haven't played his games either, I don't even know if it's out in an English version?
If it is, I'd definitely go buy it (after Brawl >.>)

Chickenboy666

Smash Ace
the game (Tomato Adventure) is very very good, and it will reminds u of Mario&Luigi RPG (actually, Alphadream used the same engine to make M&L). I have the ROM but I haven't played it so much, but it's really really cool. its in japanese, i dunno if there's a fanmade english version

a friend imported the game via playasia, and I think he finished it already

Demille 4 Brawl!!!

Florida

イーグランツ
It's hard to believe that such an awesome suggestion for a playable character isn't getting that much reputation and support. You'd think people would want tomatoe-hating hares with gimmicks and such. :nerd:

Anyways, I've re-done my movelist for Derimu a tad bit, most of it is the same but I've added some stuff extra, and changed little things around. Read and critique?

Standard Moves:

A: Jab
A + A: Jab + Kick
Dash + A: Baseball Slide (feet in front, slide)

Forward Tilt: Forward Gear Yo-Yo
Up Tilt: Upward Gear Yo-Yo
Down Tilt: Downward Slide Yo-Yo (hits both sides)

Forward Smash: Strong Punch
Up Smash: Strong Headbutt
Down Smash: Heavy Stomp (slightly jumps and pounds his feet on the ground)

Forward Air: Cannonball Spin
Up Air: Swift Ears (his ears shift back and forth for a short amount of time)
Down Air: Spiral Attack (feet locked together, and spins downward)
Back Air: Backward Air Stomp (feet are positioned behind him)
Neutral Air: Arm Spin (stretches his arms out wide and spins twice)

Special moves:

Forward B: Linear Glove [art] [animation]
Up B: Hoverboard [animation] [animation 2]
Down B: Noisy Face [art] [animation]
Neutral B: Tortoise Shell Glove [animation]

Final Smash: Pasaran's Song [animation]

[taunt] [stance] [intro]

Fall: ***
Size: ***
Recovery: ****
Power: ****
Weight: **
Speed: ***
Range: **​

Chickenboy666

Smash Ace
woow a very nice and complete moveset, nice job, egruntz ^_^

and its true, there's not very support for Demiru, but at least, this thread is a real supporting thread, if u go to the first page, u can see many threads that are full of hate against the characters

i think that most of the people would like Demiru/Demille if they knew him
anyway, im glad that a bunch of people (including me) are becoming Demille's fans/supporters after reading this thread

One more time, thank you very much, Parrothead ^_^

Demiru for Brawl!!!

Florida

イーグランツ
woow a very nice and complete moveset, nice job, egruntz ^_^

and its true, there's not very support for Demiru, but at least, this thread is a real supporting thread, if u go to the first page, u can see many threads that are full of hate against the characters

i think that most of the people would like Demiru/Demille if they knew it
anyway, im glad that a bunch of people (including me) are becoming Demille's fans/supporters after reading this thread

One more time, thank you very much, Parrothead ^_^

Demiru for Brawl!!!
Thanks! :p
Yeah, I didn't have a single clue who Derimu was until this thread. Good thing that it's long post count attracted me to click on it ;). I've requested a Derimu signature from O D I N, to show some more support around the forums, but it might take him a while since he has 20 pages full of signature requests that he still has to do before me xD

the grim lizard

Smash Master
So as not to sound like a complete tool like Vagrant, please explain to me this Demille character. At first, he doesn't seem like someone I want, but I'll be open. Explain these "gimmicks" or whatever.

Florida

イーグランツ
So as not to sound like a complete tool like Vagrant, please explain to me this Demille character. At first, he doesn't seem like someone I want, but I'll be open. Explain these "gimmicks" or whatever.
The gimmicks are items and objects that the character (Derimu) yeilds through-out the game Tomato Adventure. If you're looking for a reason why Derimu should be included in Brawl: he looks like Brawl material (cute.. fluffy.. etc.), has a ton of different move varieties, and would just be a fun character to try out in general. 1/3 are opinions :p

As for his chances, he was listed twice on Sakurai's Poll, and Sakurai himself was amused by all of the suggestions that showed up. But besides that, there's no other evidence to show that he'll be in Brawl. But there's always hope ;)

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
Don't worry, you still sound like a tool :(.

And the "cute and fluffy" characters in brawl are the minority. So it is not a mold.

Top Bottom