• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character: DeMille (Demiru in Japan) (from Tomato Adventure)

parrothead

Smash Lord
*bump*

I've uploaded some videos of Tomato Adventure gameplay at the beginning. Check the first page of this thread.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I really want this guy to appear, but I kinda wonder. It's likely, but how likely? People still clamor for craptacular stuff like Tails and Daisy, y'know? And that's the bulk of what Sakurai probably hears.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I can't really explain it, but something about this guy really makes me want to see him in Brawl. I haven't played the game, and I don't know that much about him, but he really seems like the perfect candidate.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I can't really explain it, but something about this guy really makes me want to see him in Brawl. I haven't played the game, and I don't know that much about him, but he really seems like the perfect candidate.
Dude, it's his quirkiness. That's gotta be it. He's just so... cool looking with really funny attacks.

parrothead

Smash Lord
What's the difference between Demiru and Demille? Is Demille the English version?
Name controversies really confuse me. According to the URL paths and image names found on the official Tomato Adventure website, they spell his name as "Demiru", which is just like "Pikachu" and Mr. Miyamoto's first name, "Shigeru". But when I used his Japanese name in Japanese format on a search engine, I found some things that are related to someone named "Demille". And when I used "Aresa" on a search engine, I saw a lot of things related to someone name "Aretha".

According to Japanese language pros, some letters should be replaced with one or more letters, for two examples:

"S" becomes "TH", and "R" becomes "L".

But then, there is another problem, "Naruto" is a Japanese name that was never changed into "Naluto", but "Zoro" was changed into "Zolo", while people still refer to him as "Zoro". Some names of the Japanese fictional characters' names were changed into another name, like the protagonist of Bistro Recipe (Fighting Foodons in America), Zen Bakunouchi, was changed into Chase.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Dude, it's his quirkiness. That's gotta be it. He's just so... cool looking with really funny attacks.
It could be that. Or maybe it's just I'd like to see Solid Snake get his butt handed to him by someone who looks like he just jumped out of a Japanese kid's show. :laugh: I dunno, it's gotta be something... this guy intrigues the hell out of me!

Chickenboy666

Smash Ace
Name controversies really confuse me. According to the URL paths and image names found on the official Tomato Adventure website, they spell his name as "Demiru", which is just like "Pikachu" and Mr. Miyamoto's first name, "Shigeru". But when I used his Japanese name in Japanese format on a search engine, I found some things that are related to someone named "Demille". And when I used "Aresa" on a search engine, I saw a lot of things related to someone name "Aretha".

According to Japanese language pros, some letters should be replaced with one or more letters, for two examples:

"S" becomes "TH", and "R" becomes "L".

But then, there is another problem, "Naruto" is a Japanese name that was never changed into "Naluto", but "Zoro" was changed into "Zolo", while people still refer to him as "Zoro". Some names of the Japanese fictional characters' names were changed into another name, like the protagonist of Bistro Recipe (Fighting Foodons in America), Zen Bakunouchi, was changed into Chase.
There are a lot of japanese letters replacements, actually due the japanese phonetical lack, R can replace either R, L or the spanish RR sound (One Piece's Zolo/Zoro is based in El Zorro). The english TH is changed to S in japanese.
The vowels are changed too, cause the japanese has only 5 vowel sounds (A,E,I,O,U like in spanish), the best example of this is the english end sound -ER that changes in japanese to -AA (can be written Ā too): Computer-->Konpyuutaa, Miller-->Miraa

Back to the topic, Demiru FTW!!!

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
There are a lot of japanese letters replacements, actually due the japanese phonetical lack, R can replace either R, L or the spanish RR sound (One Piece's Zolo/Zoro is based in El Zorro). The english TH is changed to S in japanese.
The vowels are changed too, cause the japanese has only 5 vowel sounds (A,E,I,O,U like in spanish), the best example of this is the english end sound -ER that changes in japanese to -AA (can be written Ā too): Computer-->Konpyuutaa, Miller-->Miraa

Back to the topic, Demiru FTW!!!
Oooookay...that didn't quite address the Demiru/Demille issue, but whatever. Thanks for the info, though.

jonnie

Banned via Administration
tres kool. they'll probaly add him as a secret character. who knows what could happen?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
If there were to be only a few handful of Japanese only characters, Demiru better be one of them :) Followed by Stafy, Takamaru, and Sukapon

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
Demiru would make an awsome addition to Brawl. Isn't he already Nintendo, by this I mean, not 2nd or 3rd party. He has such a smashy feel and if he is infact Nintendo all the way, I think that he stands more of a chance at making it than Geno does.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Yes he is owned by Nintendo. Not sure if he's 1st or 2nd, but he's still Nintendo. And I know what you mean, I have a really good feeling about this guy.

GenG

Smash Lord
God, I was hearing some GBA rom rips (these they put all the data and extract the audio directly), and browsing in the Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga one I found two unused tracks...

... that were remixes of the Tomato Adventure Main Theme! I wonder why they didn't use these in the game.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
God, I was hearing some GBA rom rips (these they put all the data and extract the audio directly), and browsing in the Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga one I found two unused tracks...

... that were remixes of the Tomato Adventure Main Theme! I wonder why they didn't use these in the game.
Didn't know that? When I found that, I figured it was because they were using the same engine, M and L being built off Tomato Adventure, and it was just leftovers.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Shock and awe! Think of the implications! :laugh: But you never know, that just may mean something.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Didn't know that? When I found that, I figured it was because they were using the same engine, M and L being built off Tomato Adventure, and it was just leftovers.
Never played Tamato Adventure, but if uses anything like M&L's battle system, it must rock :)

parrothead

Smash Lord
Very interesting. I appreciate you, GenG, for telling about it. I added that fact to the Trivia part of the Tomato Adventure article. Those last two tracks sound like they came from Gimmick Land, the GBC version of Tomato Adventure. And where did that other unknown track come from? Koto Battle?

GenG

Smash Lord
Unknown 01: Starts as the classic Super Mario Theme, and then change into something like a Town Theme of some sort.
Unknown 02: Tomato Adventure Title (the one you hear when you start the game up to the screen title).
Unknown 03: The same track, but the GB sounds replaced with GBA sounds. This one could be the same you hear in the original Tomato Adventure.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion

parrothead

Smash Lord
Read the post again. Click the "Go" button on your browser to open it. It's not like the kind you hear in OC Remix, it's like the kind you hear in VG Music.Com.

parrothead

Smash Lord
*BUMP*

Tomato Adventure is not to be confused with Hudson Soft's title, "Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom". Tomato Adventure inspires young humans who don't enjoy eating vegetables, while they enjoy playing with stuff and perhaps eat unhealthy food.

If any of you are playing Tomato Adventure, and if you are wondering what the special card game in it is, then go to the Wikipedia article about Tomato Adventure, I finally added some information about it.

I'm still hoping for Demiru/DeMille for SSBB. I'm still looking forward to creating him for M.U.G.E.N. once I know how to use Fighter Factory and rip and edit all of the necessary Demiru/DeMille sprites and sound effects.

Top Bottom