• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character: DeMille (Demiru in Japan) (from Tomato Adventure)

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Tomasiarity said:
Dont know who are GINTA AND BABBO. But I think Demiru really scaled up in my Brawl wishlist when parrothead made this topic. So it deserves this...
Ginta and Babbo are characters from the manga/anime series "Mar: Machen Awakens Romance". It's about Ginta, a boy who gets tansported to a world where fairy-tale characters are real, and some of the "good-guys" from stories are blood-thirty killers, like this! :smiliegor

Well, anyway, Ginta gets this weapon ARM called "Babbo", who is a living ball attached to a hammer,much like in the pictures at the begining of the forum.

Just wikipedia it. It's one of my favorite series

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
hemightbegiant said:
Ginta and Babbo are characters from the manga/anime series "Mar: Machen Awakens Romance". It's about Ginta, a boy who gets tansported to a world where fairy-tale characters are real, and some of the "good-guys" from stories are blood-thirty killers, like this! :smiliegor

Well, anyway, Ginta gets this weapon ARM called "Babbo", who is a living ball attached to a hammer,much like in the pictures at the begining of the forum.

Just wikipedia it. It's one of my favorite series
They might have it on Toonami. You can watch it dubbed on the website for toonami.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Super Smash Master said:
They might have it on Toonami. You can watch it dubbed on the website for toonami.
Yeah, it's called Jetstream or something. Did they edit anything out? Probably, its a pretty violent series, especially when the Chess Army arrives....

parrothead

Smash Lord
I encountered a pretty major problem for Demiru/Demille: Click here.

According to Tomato Adventure's storyline, Demiru/Demille hates eating tomatoes, while Kirby likes eating them. The Maximum Tomato might return in SSBB, because it did appear in the other two SSB titles. Also, Sakurai created that item mostly for Kirby.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
parrothead said:
I encountered a pretty major problem for Demiru/Demille: Click here.

According to Tomato Adventure's storyline, Demiru/Demille hates eating tomatoes, while Kirby likes eating them. The Maximum Tomato might return in SSBB, because it did appear in the other two SSB titles. Also, Sakurai created that item mostly for Kirby.
How is that a major problem? I doubt Sakurai will even bother taking that into account. Why would the Maximum Tomato not just work for him?

parrothead

Smash Lord
Super Smash Master said:
How is that a major problem? I doubt Sakurai will even bother taking that into account. Why would the Maximum Tomato not just work for him?
It would probably either:

• Recover 25% of Demiru's/Demille's HP instead of 50%.
  • Give Demiru/Demille 50% of damage.
  • Make him ill.

OR

• Not work at all.

Starálfur

Smash Apprentice
The maximun tomato would work just fine for him. Pikachu doesn't get hurt more by other pokemon who use ground moves in melee; smash bros. does not go into that kind of minute, and unnecesary, detail.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
As I stated in my May topic, Smash Bros takes away most of the logic of the games the characters have appeared in. Such a minute detail doesn't have to be taken into account.

parrothead

Smash Lord
hemightbegiant said:
TOTAL RIP-OFF OF GINTA AND BABBO FROM "Mar"
Tomato Adventure came out before the MÄR anime/manga series. It might be a coincidence.

Tomato Adventure - January 25, 2002

MÄR manga series - May 2003

MÄR anime series - April 3, 2005

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
parrothead said:
Tomato Adventure came out before the MÄR anime/manga series. It might be a coincidence.

Tomato Adventure - January 25, 2002

MÄR manga series - May 2003

MÄR anime series - April 3, 2005
I figured as much. I was only really joking when I said they were rip-offs though. :ohwell:

Still, I want this guy in brawl!

Chickenboy666

Smash Ace
SSBB is pulling out Third Party Characters (Snake from Konami, maybe Megaman from Capcom and Sonic from Sega)
I think Nintendo will consider its Second Parties (Alphadream, Camelot...) and Demille is the best Alphadream representativa character.

Chickenboy666

Smash Ace
If you wanna see Tomato Adventure videos and imagine moves for SSBB:

Tomato Adventure Opening http://youtube.com/watch?v=MdzcHB-Onu8
Tomato Adventure Commercial http://youtube.com/watch?v=mkXdNKsxaXI
Demille in action, Extreme Attacks:
Tomato Robot MK II http://youtube.com/watch?v=g4XP69FUnCw
Mecha Mecha Panic http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pd6hg5LNCUk
Mole Rush http://youtube.com/watch?v=duUZ6GqJQ58
Pasaran Song http://youtube.com/watch?v=nv73Dtm-ztg
Sunny Sometimes?? http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pw--jHd7bgE
Gulp Choco http://youtube.com/watch?v=aWVbFi4wW2s

Chickenboy666

Smash Ace
Shadow Calibur said:
Ooh... so tough to decide on a super for Demille! Oy! I'm gonna lean towards either the Tomato Robot or Pasaran's Song.
Tomato Robot would be the most logic Super Smash for Demille. But, Pasaran Song would be fun too, imagine: while Demille is enjoying his girlfriend's song, the other characters will get electrified, heh heh heh...

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
Wow, impressed at the delivery of the moves. Good job, parrothead!
I've never played Tomato Adventure, but I enjoy non-medieval RPGs like Earthbound, so I might like this one.
Demiru looks like a great character and a fitting one too, I hope he makes it in!
*Demiru joins your Brawl list party!

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
This might be a tad off topic, but if I had to bet money on the roster for Brawl, I would definitely place Demiru in there. He's the right blend of qualities that Sakurai enjoys in a character, plus he's got a lot of Japanese support.

For the curious, I'd also say Lolo, Takamaru, Little Mac, and Sukapon are definites. I've given my reasoning countless times on other topics.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Super Smash Master said:
Lolo? Are you serious? How come?
A little birdy told me. Let's just say that.

But if you look at the evidence, Sakurai is a huge Lolo/Eggerland fan, and it was his decision to put characters like them in the Kirby games. Most of the Kirby enemies he designed are from the Eggerland/Adventures of Lolo games anyways. Lolo is very much alive and well, just... in the Kirby universe and Sakurai's mind. Trust me on this one.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I can only think of one reason how you know this Flip,...you're on the development team, aren't you? Quick, tell us the roster now.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The lies just keep pouring out :suess:

I'm not on the team. I wish I were, but I'm not. Seriously, cross my heart, hope to die, screw a man right in his brown eye. I have never ever worked for Nintendo or Sora or Sakurai in my life. Ever.

I just talked to some dude recently who ran into Sakurai at E3, and heard him mention something about really wanting Lolo in the game. And based on Sakurai's love for the little blue booger, I believe it.

Look, if anything, I'm a demigod. I'm sure of this. I just have a really good knack for these things, that's all. I surprised the hell out of everyone pre-Melee too, because I kept pushing Marth and everyone's like "who the hell is that." It's just something I figured out. And I've got the same premonitions about Takamaru. And to a lesser extent Lolo, Mac, and Sukapon. I had figured out that Pit, Wario, and some form of armorless Samus would be appearing. If you were to talk with any of my friends (who, sadly, don't surf these forums), they could confirm that. And the same goes for Marth.

I've been caught off guard before, like with Sheik or, especially, Snake, but I have a pretty good head on my shoulders, I'd like to believe, and a good understanding of Sakurai's mind. I guess we have the same frequency or something. I'm surprised nobody's jumped down my throat for wording what I said that way, because I'm not sure if some of you are joking or some of you are serious. I don't know if that's funny or scary or something to be proud of :p

But yeah... Just a good ol' Nintendo fanboy, I promise. No sneaky viral advertising here. I just have a lot of know how and a lot of time to reflect (that's pathetic :p). That's all. I swear.

Top Bottom