• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character: Alice (Balloon Kid and Balloon Fight GB)

Breakfast

Smash Apprentice
classic all the way

ONLY F***IN WAY I would ever want to see him

Baloon Fighter is soooooooooooo bizare and would fit perfectly in SSBB

JesterBox

Smash Ace
I doodled a revamped Balloon fighter, like the re-did Pit.

Quick Color scheme

I was going for the aviator look.
These I just did quickly for fun.

His gloves a big and webbed for flapping around.

I could only find a thread for Alice, is there a seperate Balloon fighter thread?

Wiseguy

Smash Champion

parrothead

Smash Lord
Here are some reasons why I prefer Alice more than Balloon Fighter:

* There hasn't been a young girl added to SSBB. If Lip from Panel de Pon doesn't enter, then perhaps Alice can.
* Sakurai and his workers are studying as many pieces of Nintendo history as possible. If he checks out Balloon Kid/Balloon Fight GB for the first time, he might take the Balloon Fighter prototype, and change it to Alice.
* The SSB series needs more female characters.
* The SSB series needs more classic Game Boy representatives other than the Pokemon. Other classic Game Boy representatives are Muddy (Mole Mania), Solar Striker (as an Assist Trophy or something else) (Solar Striker), and Sablé & Richard (For the Frog the Bell Tolls).
* Alice has a bit more potential than Balloon Fighter.
* Alice supports Balloon Fight's storyline. However, it might not be canon or it might be a side story. Here it is quoted from the manual.

In the little town of Pencilvania, there lived a brother and sister who loved to play with balloons. Alice and her younger brother Jim, with spend endless days filling the skies with their balloons.

One day, Jim filled all his balloons and tied them together to make a beautiful balloon rainbow across the sky. "What a great idea this was Jim", said Alice, "but please be careful!". Just then, a strong wind blew and Jim was carried away into the sky. "On no! This is terrible, I must save Jim!", thought Alice. Meanwhile, Jim who was a very clever boy, thought, "I wonder how Alice will find me.........Wait! I've got an idea. I'll leave a trail of balloons for Alice to follow!".

Help our Balloon Kid Heroine Alice find her brother Jim, by collecting the balloons he has left behind. But watch out! Mean animals and dangerous obstacles will try to prevent Alice from completing her search.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
A+ just because she's ten times more interesting than 'balloon-guy with a helmet on.' I mean, I know Balloon Fighter was supposedly close to being in Melee... But I still don't care for the guy that much. At least the Ice Climbers turned out kinda cute.

Chickenboy666

Smash Ace
Alice is so kawaii *w* and the JesterBox's Balloon Fighter looks cool ^_^
I'd like to see both Balloon Fighter and Alice in Brawl, at least as ATs
IMO, Balloon Fighter has more chances to be a PC, in that case, Alice would be a nice AT =P

parrothead

Smash Lord
I chose Alice from the sequel over the character from the NES game since she happens to be more like a full-fledge character instead of one of those nameless "heroes" of classic 80's arcades.

Anyone remember the Balloon Man from the Game & Watch Balloon Fight?

If plot doesn't matter for the original Balloon Fight, then what is the point of grabbing balloons besides scoring? In Balloon Kid/Balloon Fight GB, Alice's little brother, Jim, tries to untie one balloon at a time to create a trail of balloons for Alice to follow him easier.

Here is the Game & Watch version's plot quoted from its instruction manual:

I'm a Balloon Man, the Sky Patrol who maintains peace in the sky. After battling with the most powerful sky pirate, OIRAM REPUS, I captured all his henchmen but the boss managed to escape. The henchmen tore up the map showing the hiding place of the boss into small pieces, pasted them onto the balloons and let them float into the air. The balloons floated high onto a Jet Stream and arrived here at the TRIP-SKY. My mission is to collect all the balloons, find the hiding place of the boss, capture him and throw him into a Federal Prison in the sky metropolis. However, the TRIP-SKY is a dangerous place with many Sparks drifting about. If you touch one of them, you've had it! Once you fall into the sea, it's a devil's stomach where you will never be able to come out alive. There's no way to return but to only go forward.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
way too random to even be considered, do you like just make threads all day long about characters that no one has heard of?
Yeah I mean it's not like Balloon Fight got some exposure from Animal Crossing, or that the theme of the game was an alternate tune to the Ice Climbers stage or anything.

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
Hmmmm.... Well she does look cute and interesting.

If we are to get a balloon fighter in Brawl, I'd rather it be Alice, who actually has a name and a story behind her games.

parrothead

Smash Lord
SSBB lacks young girls, and if Sakurai doesn't want to add Lip, Furil, Toadette, or Jill, then he can add Alice.

Can someone create a sig icon for Alice, please?

parrothead

Smash Lord
*bump*

If Alice from Balloon Kid (Balloon Fight GB in Japan) doesn't enter, then I will say that Balloon Kid / Balloon Fight GB is the side story, but not the sequel of the original Balloon Fight.

parrothead

Smash Lord
*bump*

If Alice became an Assist Trophy, she would quickly pump two balloons and try to fly above an opponent, so she can fall and stomp onto him/her/it, and then bounce back up to her balloons and fly away.

parrothead

Smash Lord
*bump*

If the SSB series needs a playable young girl besides Lip and Jill, then why not Alice?

The reason why Balloon Kid/Balloon Fight GB is so interesting is that one feels the same sense of mastery learning to control Alice as one did learning how to control Mario in Super Mario Bros. 1 (as well as Balloon Mario in one of Super Mario World's SPECIAL stages). Making daring leaps, drops, and attacks -- and finally succeeding after 10 tries -- gives a great sense of achievement and fun. The only real disappointment is the game's extreme brevity. It's a good challenge, but only until you master the meager 8 stages.

The Famicom version titled as Hello Kitty World was actually developed by Character Soft, not Nintendo or Pax Softonica (which also developed Mole Mania for the same platform).

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
I agree that Alice should be in, but sadly the way things are going, she will be an AT... :(

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I just want either Alice or Balloon Fighter to be in...............playable......

but w/e

parrothead

Smash Lord
This fish might either increase Balloon Fighter's, Alice's, or both of their chances at entering SSBB:

parrothead

Smash Lord
The fish is in the Ice Climbers stage, I think it decreases their chances.
Well, back in the first SSB, Ness's stage was Kirby's, while Captain Falcon's was Samus Aran's. Why? Because those are the stages they appear in when you unlock them.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
no but if they can have a unique moveset then yes....although I'd rather have Balloon Fighter...but Alice is the next best thing...

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
if Alice and BF were in Brawl...both as PC's theyd be clones of each other...

y3nia659

Smash Ace
of course not any female can make it but Alice is important...has her own look, plays a role, not-generic, and is her own identity.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Alice is part of the Balloon Fight franchise... Alice would be the newest incarnation of the Balloon Man (fighter)
And makes much more sense than the generic helmet boy...

I can actually picture Alice having a STORY in the Space Emissary. Rescuing her brother.

What story might the balloon man have? Popping the Blue Balloon man? =/ People just like the Original BF because of his stupid trophy. I doubt people care for his retro value.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Heh heh. ^^U

Your welcome. Don't get me wrong, though. I love BOTH Balloon Fight games.

But Balloon Kid was kinda deeper if you ask me... While Balloon Fight was basically... win for points. :p

BK had the added value of stages, bosses... it was so much fun I wonder why we haven't seen a remake or a sequel to that game...

(Also... Alice, in Balloon Kid, has a victory fanfare, and an emblem. That just REEKS of playable character potential) :D

y3nia659

Smash Ace
Oh had forgotten about that emblem too :) you're just excellent ;) Im really wishing she's playable.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Heh heh. ^^U

Your welcome. Don't get me wrong, though. I love BOTH Balloon Fight games.

But Balloon Kid was kinda deeper if you ask me... While Balloon Fight was basically... win for points. :p

BK had the added value of stages, bosses... it was so much fun I wonder why we haven't seen a remake or a sequel to that game...

(Also... Alice, in Balloon Kid, has a victory fanfare, and an emblem. That just REEKS of playable character potential) :D
Balloon Fighter is the only one with a decent chance, a victory fanfare and an emblem don't make alice more worthy, she would never get in before him, HE IS THE BALLOON FIGHTER, Alice would be nowhere without him, so stop kidding yourself.

Top Bottom