• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character: Alice (Balloon Kid and Balloon Fight GB)

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
Balloon Fighter was the original, but Alice does seem to have way more charisma and identity than him, so I say she would be a good character for Brawl.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Balloon Fighter was the original, but Alice does seem to have way more charisma and identity than him, so I say she would be a good character for Brawl.
True. It's like saying the Ray from the first Custom Robo for N64 is the original, while Ray 01 and Ray Mk III have more charisma than the original Ray. Also, Wire Boxer from the original Punch-Out!! arcade and Super Punch-Out!! arcade was the original, but Little Mac and the SNES Super Punch-Out!! protagonist have way more charisma and identity than Wire Boxer.

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
Well I think Little Mac had way more identity than the Super Punch Out guy, he never had a name but I remember that at Sydlexia they say he is similar to Trunks from DBZ.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Well I think Little Mac had way more identity than the Super Punch Out guy, he never had a name but I remember that at Sydlexia they say he is similar to Trunks from DBZ.
Some people compared him to Brian Peppers. Heck, why not call him "Super Saiyan Brian Peppers"!?!

His appearance was made to look similar to anime/manga characters, because the Japanese didn't care much about the art style of most American cartoons and comics. It's like the NES title Totally Rad was heavily modified from the Famicom title, Magic John, because American's didn't care much about anime/manga stuff.

The SNES Super Punch-Out!! has more music than the other Punch-Out!! titles. In the NES versions, you only hear one song during each fight. In the SNES version, you only hear one song per circuit. There are four circuits: Minor, Major, World and Special. Each circuit has its own song played during fights, which means there are four different fighting songs. Wouldn't you want to hear the same song over and over and over again, like in the NES Ghostbusters title?

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
lol I remember the Ghostbusters NES game! Now that I saw it with the Angry Videogame Nerd it showns how crappy it was.

NukeA6

Smash Master
What charisma and identity? Balloon Fighter is far more recognizable than Alice.

He may be as generic as the wireframe boxer but he as known as Little Mac. He even made it as a trophy in Melee. Where the hell is Alice?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
The original Balloon Fighter has the same face Ness, Kirby, and the Ice Climbers have. How's that an identity?

If there's ONE new kind of identity classic Balloon Fighter has, is his Warioware Smooth Moves one. Where he's very tall, orange overalls... And you can't see his face... But seriously... another guy in overalls?

Well... as long as BF gets in... I can kinda picture him being the lightest character around (After Jigglypuff that is)

Alice's moveset would be a lot better, though. Stomping, throwing light bulbs, maybe water balloons...

And please.... a Balloon Fighter LEVEL would be beyond cool!! Please Sakurai! Balloon Fight has the most Smash-esque looking stages of all Nes games! Why isn't there a BF stage yet???

NukeA6

Smash Master
The original Balloon Fighter has the same face Ness, Kirby, and the Ice Climbers have. How's that an identity?

If there's ONE new kind of identity classic Balloon Fighter has, is his Warioware Smooth Moves one. Where he's very tall, orange overalls... And you can't see his face... But seriously... another guy in overalls?

Well... as long as BF gets in... I can kinda picture him being the lightest character around (After Jigglypuff that is)

Alice's moveset would be a lot better, though. Stomping, throwing light bulbs, maybe water balloons...

And please.... a Balloon Fighter LEVEL would be beyond cool!! Please Sakurai! Balloon Fight has the most Smash-esque looking stages of all Nes games! Why isn't there a BF stage yet???
And you think Balloon Fighter isn't gonna get a makeover in Brawl? Look at Pit and Fox. Look at Marth in Melee.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well, that would be cool. :p (though that didn't happen to Ice Climbers, and Marth looked cool anyway. Pit looked better in his GB game, but was ruined in his Melee Trophy self again).

But what I'm saying is, even though it's unlikely, if I had to choose, I'd go for Alice Balloon Fighter.

But again, as long as he gets in, who cares. I love those games. And I am pretty sure he's gonna get his Smooth Moves look/proportions. (he's as almost as tall as Waluigi)

The other danger that Balloon Fight / Alice faces is... TINGLE.

They could easily give Tingle his balloons for a move... and that means goodbye BF, forever.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Except for the noses. Kirby has no nose, Ness's nose is quite small, and Popo and Nana look like they don't have noses, but they do.

Balloon Fighter and the Baby Mario Bros. have two things in common: They both have large noses and dotted eyes.

You don't see his face, but you see his rear end. Just like Santa Claus usually seeing the rear ends of his reindeer pulling his sleigh.

And that game was made for retro reasons.

The main reason why Balloon Kid didn't become successful is that several people didn't care about hand-held gaming as much as home console gaming.

No matter where Balloon Fighter stands, he would always fall every time his balloons pop. If Alice's balloons popped, then she will land wherever or whatever she lands on.

Pencilvania, Balloon Kid's setting, is better. Why? Because it's a lot more detailed than the original Balloon Fight world. You have more enviromental hazards, a background showing pencil-shaped skyscrapers, and some enemies. Balloon Fight's stage would just have three, plain, flat platforms, water in the middle, a black background with tiny stars, and only two enemies: Balloon Birds and the fish (which I heard it's called Oiram Repus in the Game & Watch Balloon Fight manual).

NukeA6

Smash Master
Why was parrothead banned in the first place? He doesn't look like the type that would.

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, a banned one, that's useless.
He showed his true colors so to speak yesterday on another thread, bottom line is, he deserved it.
Why would he got banned? All of his character nominations were great as he always was in favor of overlooked characters, and now he gets banned just because of that?

Honestly he is not useless and he did not deserved to be banned. If anyhting, certian quoted ones do. But in these boards trolls have the upper hand. That is it I quit, once again I have lost it on internet forums, except the ones I moderate. Remember that moderators might have the power but they are only human, specially when they are too young.

BTW vesperview, I am telling you this here as you don't accept PMs. I have found yourself here: http://pincheschinos.blogspot.com/2007/06/amoni.html#comments use Ctrl + F and search for yourself.

As for Alice, she does deserve to be in Brawl; she has more personality while BF is more generic. But with that fish on the IC stage present, maybe it means that BF will be there.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Why would he got banned? All of his character nominations were great as he always was in favor of overlooked characters, and now he gets banned just because of that?

Honestly he is not useless and he did not deserved to be banned. If anyhting, certian quoted ones do. But in these boards trolls have the upper hand. That is it I quit, once again I have lost it on internet forums, except the ones I moderate. Remember that moderators might have the power but they are only human, specially when they are too young.

BTW vesperview, I am telling you this here as you don't accept PMs. I have found yourself here: http://pincheschinos.blogspot.com/2007/06/amoni.html#comments use Ctrl + F and search for yourself.

As for Alice, she does deserve to be in Brawl; she has more personality while BF is more generic. But with that fish on the IC stage present, maybe it means that BF will be there.
Wow, using my username on another site to create trouble here? C'mon, you can do better than that, and you call me troll? God the irony! LMAO! and NO Alice doesn't deserve to be in Brawl.

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
You placed yourself there, as I am the user calavera as I am against homosexuality; so please calm yourself down son.

Alice seems more interesting than BF so there is a good chance she will could get in.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Alice moveset:

A: Slap (weak)
A Tilt: kick (medium)
A Down: Low kick, like Ness's (weak, but fast)
A Up: Rising palms strike

Smash FWD: Inflator smash
Smash DWN: Inflator swing
Smash UP: Headbutt

Aerial Neutral: Horizontal spin (medium)
Aerial Forward: Double kick flurry (weak, consecutive hits)
Aerial Down: Double kick SPIKE (super strong)
Aerial Back: Double kick back thrust (strong)
Aerial Up: Headbutt swing (strong)

B Down: Inflate balloons (to use for multiple jumps) press in air to let go and spike with both feet
B Tilt: Throw light bulb
B Up: Balloon swing (lets go of ballons while slingshooting herself upwards)
B: Bumper counter (uses a bumper to deflect character attacking at close range)

Grab:
Forward: Pops balloon in enemies' faces.
Backward: same
Down: Inflates oponent and jumps on him/her
Up: Pops two balloons on opponent (very weak throw)

Final Smash:
Summons a rain of lightning balls all around the field, laying there like aerial mines that move around. Alice is immune while this is happening.

Colors: Red, Cyan, Green, White, Black
Alt Costume: Traditional Balloon Fighter suit.

Alice would have terrible ground attacks, but awesome aerials. With 2 balloons, she covers more recovery distance with her multiple jumps (think Jigglypuff in Melee) if she has ONE balloon, her recovery gets poor (think Kirby in Melee).

NukeA6

Smash Master

Why parrothead got banned? Go look in the Muddy Mole thread.

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer
Stop flaming each other. Don't post insults about each other, don't post responses to my warning here, just get back on topic. If you have a problem, report posts. Also, DON'T make posts just to tell people you're reporting them. That is childish and only makes the problem worse.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
yea but Alice has the advantage of better Subspace involvement...in all honesty Id want either or...cuz both dont deserve to be in.....

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Yeah.

And unlike commoners, Sakurai DOES pay respects to the handheld series.

(Game and Watch, Roy, Pokemon, heck, didn't even Kirby start out on portable system and its sequel came to the NES? Pictochat.. etc.)

Top Bottom