• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Avatar series

Rayku

Smash Lord
I was pissed when I read the article, though. At this part:

"The original series was the inspiration for the Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon Movies live-action epic adventure, The Last Airbender, which has already grossed more than $115 million at the box office to date."

j00t

Smash Champion
holy ****

this is gonna be great... I loved the original Avatar series

Rayku

Smash Lord
You know his name is actually spelled Zuko? I saw it in the credits and felt like my life was a lie

I was honestly hoping for a like...hour long episode in regards to that. Maybe they'll release it before Korra comes out.

j00t

Smash Champion
When I think CGI I think "awful". Sorry if that sounds negative lol

I dunno I've just never liked CGI outside of big budget movies

Rayku

Smash Lord
Yeah he just said "It looks like it will be"

I highly doubt they'll be doing CGI for anything beyond moving tanks and such (like the original Avatar had)

PB&J

Smash Hero
i just re watched all three seasons..i guess it will be about zuko's mom and other stuff. hope they dont ruin the serious and aang should bend some metal

DFEAR

Smash Hero
aang will probably be in it and everyone else will be old...mai and zuko might hav a child lol...

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Aang is DEAD. New avatar yo. That mean he's BEEN dead, for at least 16 years. since this chick is 16 or whatever. Instead we get his son.

Of course Mai and zuko will have a child, someone's got to take over the fire nation.

Bermy or whatever his name was could still be alive by the way. earthbenders live longer than other races, for what reason I'm not sure, maybe they can bend the toxins out their body. This would be typical of their humor. This also means that Toph is still probably alive, doin stuff. She's probably found herself some wussy to boss around and Mary. Yeah, this would also be typical of their story telling, as it would be a reference to toph saying Do you think Friendship's can last more than a lifetime" or whatever she said.

We'll probably get caught up on all the major charecters, and see the good taht Aang and Zukko did for the world. My guess is that the sought to bring the 4 nations closer, and to help make those who couldn't bend less dependent, however this turns into anti-bender relationtions as we already know is part of the plot, and its not time for the new Avatar Korra to unite past values and future ambitions.

-Ran

Smash Master
Aang will be dead.

It takes place 70 years after the end of Avatar. Most of the cast were teenagers, and would have been in their mid-eighties. The only 'old' character that would probably stick around would be old Sokka, since that'll be hilarious. Due to the Avatar only being born when the previous is dead, this means that Aang would have died somewhere in his mid-sixties, which isn't too bad in an area that is deprived of advances in medicine.

BBQTV

Smash Master
their no more air benders, the cycle is broken except for Aang's son

-Ran

Smash Master
That's assuming that Aang didn't father a large family, or that others with potential for air-bending didn't still exist or come into being after the war was over. Even if it was just Aang, his Son would easily be 40-50 years old in the anime, and would have fathered even more children. It's rather possible that Aang's line would have expanded a bit in 70 years.

BBQTV

Smash Master
before the war ended wouldn't the cycle be broken if Aang and all the other avatars up to wind die?

-Ran

Smash Master
Pretty much. Also, Aang learned 'Energy Bending' in the last episode, which would suggest that if he can take away bending from someone, that he would be able to enable someone to bend.

Gaming King

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, true. Energybending can grant Bending powers.

Aang will be dead.

It takes place 70 years after the end of Avatar. Most of the cast were teenagers, and would have been in their mid-eighties. The only 'old' character that would probably stick around would be old Sokka, since that'll be hilarious. Due to the Avatar only being born when the previous is dead, this means that Aang would have died somewhere in his mid-sixties, which isn't too bad in an area that is deprived of advances in medicine.
Aang probably died in some ****** fight, taking some 60+ bad guys with him. Or in an extreme sports accident. Penguin luge?

Ohhhh, EDGY!

BBQTV

Smash Master
i guess but thats just a guess but it could be a possibility. are you saying he just got random people or people volunteered to be air benders and the air benders dont really have a nation or anything like that unless you count the temples and why are their people who cant bend? if i could makes rocks float in the air i would love to learn how. also people just cant get bending because people of other nations cant learn other nations bending

Gaming King

Smash Apprentice
Aang could well have resurrected the Air Nomads by gifting select people with the power of Airbending. Or had a bunch of kids that know Airbending. Either way, it seems likely the Air Nomads will rise again.

It'll be interesting to see if there are any kids of Aang and Katara's that know BOTH Airbending and Waterbending.

Also, I am so stoked to have a bad@$$ main character who already knows 3/4 of the Bending arts. She's gonna be an incredibly cool expert fighter right from the start.

Seeing Sokka and Toph as old people would rock, too. But better yet would be the one nobody mentioned yet. Zuko. Old Zuko will likely be a total bad@$$, possibly even cooler than Uncle Iroh.

And yes, I agree that Bumi will likely still be alive. He's just too awesome to live less than 200 years.

-Ran

Smash Master
I actually believe that the nations inundate themselves in the vibe of their element as a means to become in-tune with it, thus to foster future bending in their future generations. After all, they were taught how to bend by the various animals of the realm, since it's derived from a connection with nature, and the Avatar is the embodiment of the spirit of the planet.

Gaming King

Smash Apprentice
So you think some people could simply move to an Air Nomad temple and learn Airbending that way? Hmm, probably so! Wouldn't be easy, though.

-Ran

Smash Master
Denial of ease of travel results in a different feel for a story. Appa was fairly overpowered in that respect, and so they were almost always exactly where they wanted to be. Something tells me this spirit animal will only be capable of sea travel.

Rayku

Smash Lord
If Appa was overpowered as a spirit animal then how high tier was Roku's spirit animal jeez

Top Bottom