• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Avatar series

BBQTV

Smash Master
thats exactly my point. if it can travel by sea and only live in the sae that could cause some trouble and it has to be big enough for her gAnag

-Ran

Smash Master
If Appa was overpowered as a spirit animal then how high tier was Roku's spirit animal jeez
Both are pretty OP in the terms of story creation. I doubt anyone of you have played D&D, but one of the hardest things to deal with as a DM is your players having access to flight at early levels. So many fights were avoided/interrupted by Appa's ability to fly. Appa as a creature was near the top of the food chain, and if it wasn't for his herbivore status would qualify for being an apex predator. So many 'large' creatures in the series were trumped by Appa in a fight through his shear physical strength.

But, it also provides a very ease of scenery change for a tv series.

BBQTV

Smash Master
appa is so OP

he can fly by air bending

is strong as ****

not only can he fly with airbending but he should be able to fight with it as well

Gaming King

Smash Apprentice
Maybe flying bison have longer lifespan than humans. Appa could still be alive. ...Right?

Rayku

Smash Lord
Hey Zucco nice to see you here. Contribute to the discussion

And stop namesearching LOL

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
You know, it's not entirely out of the question for the entire gang to be alive as old people (though I'd hope they'd be dead honestly).

Bumi wasn't the only one to live for an uncharacteristically long time. Avatar wiki said that Fire Lord Azulon lived to be 95. Fire Lord Sozin apparently lived to 102.

So unless the wiki is lying (which is possible I guess), people in the avatar series can live for a very long time, despite not having many medical advances.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Bumi is a mad genius.

I would believe that Wiki honestly if there was any citation for it?

BBQTV

Smash Master
the avatar has to be dead

my great grandma and grandpa are around 95

BBQTV

Smash Master
look at this

Will we see characters from the previous series pop up?DiMartino:I don’t want to give anything away, but rest assured there’s a definite link between the old series and this one

If Tenzin is Aang’s son, who is his mother?DiMartino:[To Konietzko] We can say that, right? [To Speakeasy] It’s Katara. It’s not a huge surprise.

Would you like to bring a cartoon version of “Avatar: The Last Airbender” to the big screen?Konietzko:We would love to. I think Mike and I would absolutely love to do feature animation. Either another story, or it if worked out, one in the “Avatar” world. We would be really excited.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Yeah I don't think a full movie would really do much for it. Unless it was some epic journey, but no episode(s) have really done that. When the gang wants to get somewhere in turmoil, it happens pretty quickly. Without all the war stuff going on, I'd think that getting somewhere would be a breeze. It's not like finding her would be like National Treasure

Gaming King

Smash Apprentice
It's an unresolved plot point that won't likely be answered in The Legend of Korra.

Also, where does this rumor come from that it's only gonna be 12 episodes? If that's true, I demand 1-hour episodes.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
It's an unresolved plot point that won't likely be answered in The Legend of Korra.

Also, where does this rumor come from that it's only gonna be 12 episodes? If that's true, I demand 1-hour episodes.
a lot of animes are under 20 episodes.

also what is a good guess on when this would be released?

-Ran

Smash Master
The seasons for Avatar were all 20 episodes, aside from final season which had an additional episode. Most likely they'll stick to this format.

Gaming King

Smash Apprentice
12 episodes would be an amazingly huge letdown. I don't thing the fans would actually LET them get away with that at all.

...I HOPE so, anyway...

Rayku

Smash Lord
That 12 episode thing sounds like it's just something someone said and everyone decided to take him/her seriously.

Just wait for the show to come out LOL

Top Bottom