• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New AT! Que Combo!

QueWhatHuh

Smash Cadet
hello. I am Que, a member of Zodiac braves, a crew from NJ. Our crew consists of a variety of characters and players such as ADHD, Pierce, etc.

crew link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187049

I am a very well known Wario main in my area, and I am decently known for my skill. Recently, I have done some in depth testing, and have found out something that
I would like to share with the rest of you. This is a New AT.

I would like to direct you attention to this video preview of the new AT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IrQING3x9c

As you can see, this is a major discovery, and I am going to go more indepth with the testing. The combo works on every character, but requires different timing for each.
This also can be ended with a variety of moves like Waft, Grabs, etc.

How it works: dthrow tire to SH upair [also catching the tire] to footstool. From there throw the tire down on the grounded opponent. The tire acts like a jab lock, forcing the opponent to stand right back up. The second part of this combo, is to SH dthrow the tire down QUICKLY airdodge and dthrow it again. So you can throw it down twice within 1 short hop, followed by Fsmash.

More updates soon.

Thanks to iRJi for uploading this and putting it on his channel.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Wario metagame advancement, I just shed a tear.

But I imagine the conditions are a bit harsh, since uair's knockback will probably be too high quite soon.

QueWhatHuh

Smash Cadet
It is very situational. but if you ever get the opportunity its a potential 0-death. again very situational. Also remember, there is other situations youll come across where you can go straight to footstool > forced get up with tire, such as camping their jump.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
For the record, if the opponent falls on the ground you can lock them with weak hit of nair and a weak fair... don't know if that's relevant here or not.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
you can DI away from the wheels and the combo is broken. This is also going to be harder to pull of than diddy's single naner lock(Hasn't been done in tournament yet) because your bike pieces disappear after hitting the opponents sheild

QueWhatHuh

Smash Cadet
masky, i understand you can SDI , so from there it would just become a DI read.

PX, i was playing more with the items then anything for. i understand you could still get the force get up. but you dont get the extra dmg from the tires afterwards.

jebus, i understand its very situational, its just something IF YOU ARE in the right situation. the nanalock has been done in tourny before by a japanese player. as for the players shield, you could always wait for a shield drop. or read a roll.

this is more to keep in mind as warios metagame will be advancing soon.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
It's a good thing that you can DI the tires or you guys would be ****ed!!!!!!!

iRJi

Smash Champion
You guys need to understand that this still ends up in a DI chase. Starting off the combo is very situational, but even if you SDI the wheel, the DI chase is still really easy to follow up with something that is very good as well. The whole objective is to not look at the whole combo, but rather what options you can do if it worked and didn't work.

Also, please keep in mind that you would need to be expecting it to SDI it off of start since it is a single hit move entry. It's possible to DI, but it is still something to look at.

Edit: Come to think about it, if done @ 0, you can't even SDI the wheel entry, since it only does 10%. SDI is irrelevant if you are under 12% to my knowledge, meaning the SDI would have to be done on Uair, and since that has a lot of hit-stun and hit lag, you should be able to read your opponents DI and do a proper follow up accordingly. Like i previously stated, you would have to actually read it coming to most likely stop it. Does anyone know the amount of hitstun Uair has on a character on 0%? Someone please check this for me.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
thats not why I said that. The reason I said it was because a couple of months ago I found something that was going to make wario mains's lives a living hell. I found out that if wario lands behind you and you are holding a big tire, you can throw the tire down, catch it with a and continue this from one side of the stage to the other. it could rack up 200%+ and lead to a kill move(not every character can do this and wario is one of them). Then when I tested it out against a friend I found out wario can DI away from it. I just thought you guys should know

QueWhatHuh

Smash Cadet
jebus, the tire throw i get in, past 34% is 2 throws in one jump, fiction himself has stated it works.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I won't give up my search for a 0-death on wario using his tires. I will find one someday............

QueWhatHuh

Smash Cadet
lol good luck, we shall prevail, and thanks for your concern for this. we'll be testing it further, and ill be uploading a final verison of this in a couple days, more characters, more variations and showing what happes when you di the upair.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
honestly If I didn't main diddy,I would totally main wario. I always mess around with him in training mode and he is really fun to use. I will try to help you guys out with your tire game and tell you guys if I find something useful

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
So wait, the tire jab locks you, and people are talking about DIing? Did they forget that they're discussing WARIO, with his absurd amount of midair mobility? Uair isn't exactly a small hitbox. This isn't exactly a pixel perfect technique we're talking about here, lol.

Nice find Que. In the future, if you're going to upload a video demonstrating a technique, you should show it once in regular speed like you have it, then again in slow motion, then perhaps once more in regular speed.

Also, let's not forget that if your opponent is truly fearing this combo, it leads to a very easy bite, which is still free damage.

iRJi

Smash Champion
So wait, the tire jab locks you, and people are talking about DIing? Did they forget that they're discussing WARIO, with his absurd amount of midair mobility? Uair isn't exactly a small hitbox. This isn't exactly a pixel perfect technique we're talking about here, lol.

Nice find Que. In the future, if you're going to upload a video demonstrating a technique, you should show it once in regular speed like you have it, then again in slow motion, then perhaps once more in regular speed.

Also, let's not forget that if your opponent is truly fearing this combo, it leads to a very easy bite, which is still free damage.
Yes, but as you can see, people don't understand lol. xD

QueWhatHuh

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the idea Pierce, this wasn't finalized. It was just to show it to the community early. I'll have a finalized video up within a couple days.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Yes, but as you can see, people don't understand lol. xD
Well to be fair, after things like the Saltun and Savior combos, it is very wise to be skeptical of any combo to leads to massive damage, especially out of a footstool. However, the item based combos are pretty legit generally.

While I'm here, I should leave the tidbit of advice that I think Wario's should try to footstool more often to hit confirm their farts, especially if they find they get them shielded a lot. If you footstool a grounded opponent that isn't shielding, there's just enough time for you to fart on them off reaction, rather than trying to fart and getting that disappointing "clink" that just said you hit a fresh shield. It lines up your spacing, and can even be done in midair.

Footstooling is broken.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I was watching the video closely and I may be wrong but can you replace the Fsmash with an instant ground throw? or is there not enough hitstun.

QueWhatHuh

Smash Cadet
theres enough hitstun for a bunch of variations. Like i've said, that video is just a preview, it has one follow up. the new one will have many.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Hunger is the only other one who I've seen that places well and mixes it up and remains a force to be reckoned with . . . I am still better with the bike in general though MWAHAHAHAHA!

>_>*...

Nice combo btw, I love the creative way this was done. I might try it later.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Hunger is the only other one who I've seen that places well and mixes it up and remains a force to be reckoned with . . . I am still better with the bike in general though MWAHAHAHAHA!

>_>*...

Nice combo btw, I love the creative way this was done. I might try it later.
You better not. >_>'

As if you of all Warios need another massive damage-inducing combo to perform on someone.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
uh....yah he can LOL if nothing else he can just uair you as you start to try to footstool him. its not a combo iirc. I've tried pretty much everything wario can ever ever do before lol. The last part is a good combo and works though. SH dthrow tire catch dthrow tire and if you are smexy you can do it more than once but its ridiculously hard technically

Sky`

Smash Lord
It looked sick. But it doesn't work. Correct me if I'm wrong but after the Uair, it looks like MK has at least 3 frames of open frames. Which he can just Nair from, or Up B. And the constant struggling anyway would probably knock it off course.

But hey! didn't say it's never gonna happen.

QueWhatHuh

Smash Cadet
Thanks for all the feed back everyone. I'm not feelig very well recently, i'll get back to everyone at a later time. I do need to test this further, but I've also pulled this off on a couple of players. If this fails, keep it as a gimmick if you don't think theyll expect it. Sorry for the false combo. be back on later.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
It looked sick. But it doesn't work. Correct me if I'm wrong but after the Uair, it looks like MK has at least 3 frames of open frames. Which he can just Nair from, or Up B. And the constant struggling anyway would probably knock it off course.

But hey! didn't say it's never gonna happen.
even if there's frame open for a player to act they don't always take advantage of that fact.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
@ almost - The classic mk reaction to this situation is jump away and dair. Any wario who doesnt try to combo after clap is crazy. Therefore it doesnt work.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
The only reason a frame open situation would not be helpful to the one being combo'd is when the frame is too small for them to react.

In this case 3 frames is a bit much, and any smart Metaknight will be able to jump out of it.

Still, doesn't mean the combo can't be perfected a bit/run through some more to figure out pressure games and times when you can predict them.

Top Bottom