• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Are you saving it as a .jpg? .jpgs sometimes cause a loss of information with image resizing and it ends up looking ugly. Try saving it as a .png instead and see if it helps. It should... hopefully.

If not, then try looking into downloading GIMP. I hear it's almost as good as Photoshop but, y'know... free.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Are you saving it as a .jpg? .jpgs sometimes cause a loss of information with image resizing and it ends up looking ugly. Try saving it as a .png instead and see if it helps. It should... hopefully.

If not, then try looking into downloading GIMP. I hear it's almost as good as Photoshop but, y'know... free.
*growls* Photoshop for life...and there's a 30 day free trial D:< (but yeah...it's not totally free) So GIMP would be fine yeah.

NN is right though. .png files have better quality than .jpg. If not I can help you out

Levitas

the moon
gimp is more than adequate for what you want to do.
<fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=1&loop=1

<object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dfA-AbesnS8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=1&loop=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dfA-AbesnS8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=1&loop=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

mobilisq

Smash Ace
fireworks is way easier to use than photoshop or gimp and it does exactly the same things

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
If you look at my avatar's properties (right click > properties), you'll see that it's a .png image file. I avoid using .jpgs unless it's absolutely necessary. I hate .jpgs soooooo much.

It's just that even .pngs fail at being resized even in MS Paint (look at my resized .png avatar). I'll look into Gimp.

CarVac

Smash Journeyman
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_scaling

PNG vs. JPEG is not affected by resizing. PNG is lossless compression (it stores all of the values exactly as they were. JPEGs are lossy, but well-suited to photographs (rather than pixel art or text).

If you want to upscale a pixel art image, you need a specialized resizing algorithm like these ones:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixel_art_scaling_algorithms

They try to guess what the shape of the area you're outlining is supposed to be, so that it appears smooth when upsized.

Dajayman

I downsized my avatar. It was originally too big.

I handmade my avatar, the original dimensions were about 200x200 pixels. I used 6x6 pixel boxes as a single "pixel", so each pixel is actually 36 pixels.

So I read those articles and it seems that those algorithms are used to make pixel art smoother. That's not my problem. I want my avatar to look "retro" and so I don't want it to be smooth. What really bugs me is how things like The Kid's eyes look (the right eye looks wider than his left eye, I made them both exactly the same size) after I simply resized my image to be smaller.

Levitas

the moon
LOL I'm imagining someone trying to use cubic interpolation to resize a sprite with the intention of keeping its style now...

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
So guys, which one of these is more weird/epic?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddD59GzjRH0

If you're going, "OMG ENIX? Like SQUARE ENIX?" you're right. But this is BEFORE Square merged with Enix :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM8Pw2SVkB8&feature=related

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with the game, "Goemon's Great Adventure". It's about this guy who's going to save a time machine and is a ninja. :/ This is the most weird Game Over screen I've ever seen.

Both of these are underrated and underplayed N64 games...they're so fun/funny. :laugh: Sorry for the random post, I thought you guys might like it.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Lets hope they don't stay for melee.
*crosses fingers*
EDIT: Holy ****, didn't even know hot dickings was in St Louis. Thats actually pretty close to where I live ._.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Lets hope they don't stay for melee.
*crosses fingers*
EDIT: Holy ****, didn't even know hot dickings was in St Louis. Thats actually pretty close to where I live ._.
AAAAAND. They're not so I can go. *claps*

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
*claps twice*
*stands up and starts clapping constantly for 28 hours*
*gets book in back of head*
*wakes up seeing that Conan O'Brien isn't on NBC any more*

Still can't go.... I'll see you at kirks though....

HYPE!!!
HYPE!!!
KIRK'S SMASHFEST UBER HYPE!!!
25 people, one house..... ewwww

Dajayman

I have a REALLY cool hat that matched my old hoodie, it's a black and white stripes fedora. XD

Yay! I won't be a lonely Ness main. XD

Lol, I just reached over 900 posts and I have been here for almost two years.

Top Bottom