• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Ness bair is even more of a bull**** move... Its power is ultimate.

Oh... that vid.... I was going to edit annotations, but my netbook sucks enough so that I can't do it. I'll do it in a few days.

_clinton

Smash Master
Meh, Dair is where it is at.

-22 frames til hit is just fine when that hit at 0% or so is a KO move off stage for lightweights/characters with poor vertical recoveries is super sexy. I mean **** the idea of Ganondorf having the best spikes strength wise after damage goes up, Ness' starting power for his makes his stronger IMO.

-Ness loves his low % KO moves and Dair is the easiest to hit with overall as well IMO. Which isn't much I guess but the fact that he has set ups to it helps even more.

-This trait is part of the reason for why Ness' recovery isn't considered Link tier and instead is considered slightly above that as well IMO. Ness just has so much he can scare people with when coming back. So, a 40% KO recovery move and a spike that will slice a stock at low % easily are just the start of it.

-At low % the sweet even gives true combos and even if you don't hit them up slamming them on the floor makes some fun mind games + jab/Dtilt lock for you (that always fail for me for whatever reason because I suck).

-Oh and the sour is a KO move as well that frame wise hits most characters in their spot dodge/roll animations when open.

I'll admit that the down time is what hurts the move sometimes but man it just has so much that is nice with it.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Because I'm not a ******* in friendlies.

Especially since I'd be denied *coughscoughecoughxcough* if I did.

And Marth still wins handily without it.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
It's more like I'm not willing to be a gigantic **** when playing for fun. That'd be like planking in friendlies.
You should come down to Texas. Tons of people do that in friendlies all the time. Planking, running the timer, grab-releases. You name it, it's done all the time.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I don't sandbag, per se.

It's more like I'm not willing to be a gigantic **** when playing for fun. That'd be like planking in friendlies.

In tourney though, :awesome:
In tourney I'm going to just not have a LGL and plank you with Ness, on Halberd.

:awesome:

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
That's excused, because Shield Breaker is WAY more legitimate than PK Flash FULLY CHARGED is.

:D

_clinton

Smash Master
That would still be your fault IMO I guess, but I don't know though for sure; how'd it happen?

On that note though, how come everyone is having friendlies with everyone else but me? =(

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
OK so i hate offstage... HOW DO I FIX THIS!
Can you be a little more specific? I mean I think sometimes it's a great idea to get offstage for some pressure.

Otherwise, yeah like tofer said be careful. Going offstage is risky with Ness and you can simply die by someone TOUCHING PK Thunder's bolt. If you're recovering recover high or low, or SAVE YOUR DOUBLE JUMP.

Try those.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Go offstage only if you know exactly what you're doing. If you have any doubts or there is something unsafe, don't bother.

Learn when/where you can DJ and still make it safely to the ledge or the stage. Stage is infinitely preferable. When I go offstage, I keeP from getting in a bad spot where my opponent can hit me and also try an pressure so they can't get near. If I'm the one approaching the stage, I either get there using only DJ and land with an airdodge so I regain the DJ advantage or Pkt2 into the ledge after mindgames... pkt2 needs to be JUST over the ledge or else it's ineffective. If you aim just over the ledge, you can either grab the ledge if the opponent doesn't ledgehog or land onstage if your oppOnent does.

I'll make a vid when I get home from work. I have a better sense of offstage presence now.

Also, I'll finish with my annotations on my other vid. My PoS neTbook can't do anything with it.

Uffe

Smash Hero
But Yoshi's terrible. :urg:
I don't know. FireFly was whooping MK *** with Yoshi. These were good MK's, too. I give props to Yoshi mains. I also second Martha. What color Martha do you use? I like the light blue on in Brawl, but the green on in Melee.

_clinton

Smash Master
So, how would you guys improve the characters for this game? Hey, we can talk about gameplay as well.

Of course for things like general gameplay, I'd like to find a way to add final smashes into the main game play so it isn't just an item that gives you the stuff. This is because of MvC3 of course and how I really want Nintendo vs. Capcom.

I'd like to tone them down some so that some aren't so broken (Sonic/Falco) and change some of them up some as well. Power up types like Wario's for example; the guy who has it shouldn't just be able to walk all over you when it is out.
Anyway, here are somethings I'm thinking about when it comes to turning them on:
-Someone can have one turned on if they are 2 stock or so behind their winning competition (so like for 1v1)
-Someone can have one turned on if they do a lot of damage w/o taking a bunch as well (so if someone did 100% to you and you didn't do anything to them they would have one or so)

Anyway, here are some ways I'd like to change the characters. I'm going to start slow on this for now.
Mario:
-Dash attack becomes that dive attack he has in games like SM64 and SMS. As in you can cancel it.
-Dair can improve your 2nd jumps reach if you use both at the same time. Yes I saw this in brawl-.
-A footstool stomp with Mario should hurt IMO, so I'm thinking of the Brawl- thing again with this.
-Dair has a mini suck in effect for the area around it that has the range of Ness' magnet wind.
-Mario can throw fireballs a bit faster at least after 1 so he can have 2 flying "on the same screen" easily.

Top Bottom