• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I play a Yoshi all the time. I try to force them offstage.

Don't stand too far away, the Egg Toss is so laggy that if you're close enough you can just grab Yoshi out of it (or reflect it with Bat). Don't get caught in grabs and watch the direction Yoshi's facing all the time. Yes, there's a chain grab on both Ness and Lucas...and then a grab release > usmash...though, Ness can get out of it sometimes, dunno if Lucas can.

Punish Yoshi's shield, it sucks and abuse his laggy attacks. Also, if you can try to footstool, do it. Watch out for Egg shenanigans and Egg Lay.

Ok thanks.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Grabs and egg toss are Yoshi's bread-and-butter moves. Learn to deal with those and you should be good. If he does grab you, expect a grab-release to usmash. The only way you can 100% avoid this is to land on a platform and powershield. Djing does not work, but it can help against the Yoshi mains who haven't perfected the timing. So avoid FD, try to get BF in stagestrikes.

Dajayman

I just mentioned it to mention it. While landing on a platform on SV/BF and shielding works, dj only sometimes works. Try it out once or twice, if they hit both times then I suggest not doing it anymore since getting usmashed out of your dj would put you in a bad position.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Y'know...I've gotten out of the usmash on FD before and the Yoshi I play is really good with Yoshi. He's got the timing down and I can still get out of it. It is NOT always perfect. He even goes "What the ****" when I do manage to get out of it, somehow.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Well, there can't really be an inconsistency in the actual air release. It's either him messing up by not doing it frame perfect or w/e. Or you're doing some frame perfect DJ or something else.

Dajayman

Actually if everyone had a billion icons by their name and I only had Ness I'd feel stupid.
But since Yink is the only person I've seen with all those icons around her name, she just looks stupid. :lick:

Seriously though, that's so many icons. The most I've seen was like three, which was some premium grimer mod with a character icon.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?!?!?!

one has a 10 with candles, so did you turn 10 years old recently? /sarcasm.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I can't even tell what the unmod thing is. It looks like a tomato that had a bad day.

Magnifying glass is snazzy.

Dajayman

I'm surprised that Shaky's amazing all Ness performance at MLG didn't rise him, but as long as he didn't drop I'm good. A personal goal of mine is to keep repping Ness until he at least rises above f***ing Sonic, who somehow got +2 with that ******** metagame of his.

So Chuee, how about that -1 Lucas. :3

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I understand what Dajay's saying. He wants Ness to go higher in the mid tier section. I think Ness is better than sonic but Sonic can easily just time people out. And X + Speed have shown a good display of that. Shaky is a good Ness. But his self performance @ MLG stand alone. We gotta get some more Ness' out there reppin. Idc if you don't use Ness all throughout the tourney, just rep em. I recommend picking up seconds that just **** DK and D3 because those MU's are looking pretty creepy. I main Ness and MK. I Second Marth and Falco.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Actually if everyone had a billion icons by their name and I only had Ness I'd feel stupid.
But since Yink is the only person I've seen with all those icons around her name, she just looks stupid. :lick:

Seriously though, that's so many icons. The most I've seen was like three, which was some premium grimer mod with a character icon.
It looks stupid? It means I contribute to the site. :(

I understand what Dajay's saying. He wants Ness to go higher in the mid tier section. I think Ness is better than sonic but Sonic can easily just time people out. And X + Speed have shown a good display of that. Shaky is a good Ness. But his self performance @ MLG stand alone. We gotta get some more Ness' out there reppin. Idc if you don't use Ness all throughout the tourney, just rep em. I recommend picking up seconds that just **** DK and D3 because those MU's are looking pretty creepy. I main Ness and MK. I Second Marth and Falco.
Ness has little to no representation in the BBR. It might help if a Ness main was back there to give REAL facts.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I has real facts... And some fake ones.

If and when I start repping ness in tournaments, I'll be sure to do something to bring him up. While you're at it, POST ON MY THREAD!!!! this forum is dead.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I has real facts... And some fake ones.

If and when I start repping ness in tournaments, I'll be sure to do something to bring him up. While you're at it, POST ON MY THREAD!!!! this forum is dead.
Yeah Ness Brawl has been incredibly dead lately...is it because I resigned? :(

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
i wasn't the only ness main at a tournament today. It's nice to actually talk and discuss the ness metagame with someone. :3
who else?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

We have another ness main in il?!?!?!?!?

Dajayman

We've HAD another Ness main. Two years ago the only two IL Ness mains around were me and ZeroCounts/Raidos. He lives near the border of WI/IL. He has just been inactive.

Do you have any idea what happened to that other Ness main? I forgot his name, but he went to one of the Clashes.

And then there was a guy named FreshNess, who quit Brawl because he plays PS3 games now which is too bad because I liked him. :/

And then there's you Eagle. You know what you do...

It's rough being the lone Ness main. My only company are the other low tier players.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Sorry... I'm busy as ****!!!

Ive got two essays to write... College apps to do... A family thing to go to... A physics problem to figure out... Ugh...

Btw, does anyone know how to solve a problem with compound atwood machines? It gives the masses, one mass attached to one side of the rope in the atwood machine, then another atwood machine attached to the other side of the rope on the first atwood machine with two masses on that one.

Top Bottom