• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I haven't decided between Genesis 2, Apex 2011, or Sun Rise Tourney yet, but will likely be going to one (and only one).

Alex Strife made Apex 2010 amazing but Genesis 2 would be cool since I missed Genesis 1 and it would be interesting to experience a DBR tourney. Sun Rise Tourney is just so much cooler for so many obvious reasons, but also so much more expensive :X

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
For real. Genesis was legendary alone for the Melee Hype there; seeing Mango vs Armada in person was LEGIT.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I told ViceGrip to practice this, and I was thinking I might as well share this trick to everyone else here since I'm PRETTY CERTAIN everyone will appreciate the benefits of this trick once they learn to do it consistently.

Learn to buffer frame perfect SH U-airs. Especially, I suggest learning how to do these out of shield.

This is a universal option that is actually very useful for every character in the game (although Yoshi of course won't be doing these out of shield), but is very rarely used for some odd reason. Apparently most people don't seem to know how to do this efficiently without Up-smashing from what I understand, but it's quite simple. You just hold Up lightly, and then input Jump+attack. This will let you buffer frame perfect U-airs that are close to the ground. If you do it too lightly, you might N-air out of shield. Too much, you get the aforementioned Up-smash.

I would like to hear the experiences of other Ness users who implement this, but I will immediately suggest that U-air out of shield is a very good anti-air option when KOing is what you need to do. Probably the most popular way to avoid grabs is by well, being in the air, so for Ness players who need an extra out of shield option for killing I believe should find this invaluable. Having more ways to punish ambiguous bad spacing besides N-airing is probably very useful to consider.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
I have a silly question. I was going to buy the Collectors Edition of FF14. However i did come across the UK version of it, and it looked better and had a little bit more in it.

I guess my main question is, if i were to get a UK version instead would it be any different? I suppose my biggest concern would be if it was in English or not.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Everytime I see Tyson post it makes me think of 50 Tyson

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Every time I see Glyph post, I miss the old days when he was but a simple hyperchicken.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Those were simpler times, for a simpler world...

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
You know, I hear you walk like a ball playa, talk like a ball playa, a true gangsta...

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
lol @ A2Z's post being completely ignored XD. That's actually pretty cool A2Z, I'll have to try it out sometime but it's gonna be hard to break the habit of nair/usmash oos :X. Should probably post it in the community Ness guide or somewhere we actually talk about the game itself if you haven't already.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
The thing about uair OOS is on startup it has range ( a lot of range lol) behind Ness but not in front, whereas nair OOS covers both sides. I think nair even has faster startup. So that might be why you don't see Nesses using it often, not necessarily because they don't know how.

I can see it being helpful against people spacing your shield from behind (don't want to get shieldgrabbed) in the air. Of course it will be harder to pull off against someone whose shield pressure aerials flat out trump Ness' uair. For instance I'd think this would be hard to pull off against an MK dairing your shield. :\ Could be wrong though.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
The thing about uair OOS is on startup it has range ( a lot of range lol) behind Ness but not in front, whereas nair OOS covers both sides. I think nair even has faster startup. So that might be why you don't see Nesses using it often, not necessarily because they don't know how.

I can see it being helpful against people spacing your shield from behind (don't want to get shieldgrabbed) in the air. Of course it will be harder to pull off against someone whose shield pressure aerials flat out trump Ness' uair. For instance I'd think this would be hard to pull off against an MK dairing your shield. :\ Could be wrong though.
Nair definitely starts up faster than uair, but at kill %'s if you have an opening then uair oos would definitely be the way to go since nair is usually quite stale by then. Amusingly enough I could see this being really useful in the ditto against another Ness pressuring your shield with dair and then landing behind you.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Uair is a bad sh aerial to wiff though, since it has terrible air end lag. You have to land after a sh uair. And yeah, it's very hard to get a frame perfect immediate sh uair because you can instead jump-cancel usmash. So it's usually hard to land a uair on a grounded foe, making uair not that useful oos, unlike nair.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yes I know U-air has terrible air ending lag, but for Ness, it is still a quick starting KO option that can be used OOS and spaced after contact. It's technically safer than grabbing, which basically always leaves you next to your opponent on whiff.

I'm not suggesting this is something you're going to be using a lot. But I am suggesting that knowing how to use this correctly in real matches can and will make a very useful difference when you need to score KOs.

And I guess I'll start hyping this in a different thread lol?

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I know sh uair is a decent oos option. I do use it from time to time, usually when an opponent hits my shield with an aerial and they end up above me. It's just that smart people generally don't do that sort of risky stuff at 120% when Ness' uair can start killing that low on the ground.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Most people try to deliberately avoid Ness's throws through tight aerial spacing. I think with that in mind, it would be good to know buffered SH U-air oos is a good option.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Question what do you guys do to Yoshi's?
I play a Yoshi all the time. I try to force them offstage.

Don't stand too far away, the Egg Toss is so laggy that if you're close enough you can just grab Yoshi out of it (or reflect it with Bat). Don't get caught in grabs and watch the direction Yoshi's facing all the time. Yes, there's a chain grab on both Ness and Lucas...and then a grab release > usmash...though, Ness can get out of it sometimes, dunno if Lucas can.

Punish Yoshi's shield, it sucks and abuse his laggy attacks. Also, if you can try to footstool, do it. Watch out for Egg shenanigans and Egg Lay.

Top Bottom