• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
XD Thanks for the support and votes of confidence guys.

Also I'm switching to Blue Ness. My Ness is unpolished so to represent that I will be playing Young Ness until I feel like I'm actually good with Ness at which point I will return to default red. Neat, huh? :)

Edit: That picture of Ness and Dedede just finished loading (my internet is teh bad), and ohmygodthatsepic! I need a signaturized version of that XD

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I think a few people might have missed the fact that I used to main/still secondary Dedede... it wasn't about having trouble against him. (Just like Snake/MK that I mentioned in my post, I've mained/seconded them in the past.) >_>

TheVince

Smash Apprentice
As always, Veggie Ness will prevail.
I actually owned my friends earlier with da Veggie...

Everyone should type in orange now since we now have proof that Veggie Ness is *almost* the best...

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Green is winning because i just omega comboed today on an actual opponent as green ness

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
For those who don't lurk the Tactical Discussion boards often, check this video out. Just go further into it until you spot Ness in a Captain Falcon texture. That's not what the video is about by the way.

DASC - Da Awesome Seibrik Combo Or if you wanted to give it a name that makes more sense, Dash Attack Shield Cancel(er).

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8190798#post8190798
What's funny is that Bart and Cheese were doing this to me online, and I kept wondering why it was happening XD. If only I had known it was new...

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Umm it's not really new... but yeah it takes a thread to point it out to the public.

Uffe

Smash Hero
What's funny is that Bart and Cheese were doing this to me online, and I kept wondering why it was happening XD. If only I had known it was new...
Yeah, this isn't really new. But since people finally opened it up to others, I might as well go ahead and say what I've never shared here before. Actually if I have, then I don't remember where. But yeah, I remember this happened to me a few times before. I'd get knocked off the edge of a platform when my shield was up which then the player who knocked me off would start to jab lock me.

I've told probably about two or three Ness mains here that if they ever find themselves on top of the platform just to either jump away from it or do something else, because if you don't, you'll most likely get hit or get jab locked. This is trick is actually a year old, though. I posted up a video of Rohins doing this as a third set up for spiking your opponents with Samus.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
How appropriate... my head is huge. o_O

Tourney on Saturday... screw MK, screw Snake screw Dedede (I can't say that, I love that big penguin)... I'm going Ness XD.
>_>

*1: SilverDoc :diddy: :snake:
*1: Toronto Joe :metaknight:
3: Hype :metaknight:
4: Cruxis :snake:
5: Fool :falco:
5: Jaske :popo:
7: Illiad :marth:
7: Sauc3 :popo:
9: MarikYoshi :yoshi2:
9: SUP3RCANS1R
9: Jamie
9: AvariceX :ness2:
13: BOB SAGET!
13: Zedf :ganondorf:
13: Ricky
13: Mz :toonlink: :dedede:

<_<

=/ I could have done a lot better. When playing Fool in Winner's bracket I 0-deathed his first stock in game 1, but then didn't play campy enough, got careless being off the platforms (battlefield), and got chainspiked...twice =/. Against sauc3 I just let myself get grabbed to much... beat his Kirby on RC though.

Uffe

Smash Hero
D: Oh well. Maybe next time. :S You do wifi, right? I know you have an AiB account. Perhaps you can look for some good Falco's there and try and learn the match up better? Or if you know some good Falco's in person, play them. I don't know. It's cool you 0 to deathed his Falco, though. :) If it had been bigger, ninth wouldn't have been all that bad.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
D: Oh well. Maybe next time. :S You do wifi, right? I know you have an AiB account. Perhaps you can look for some good Falco's there and try and learn the match up better? Or if you know some good Falco's in person, play them. I don't know. It's cool you 0 to deathed his Falco, though. :) If it had been bigger, ninth wouldn't have been all that bad.
The people whose I posted weren't the only people there - there were elimination pools prior to the bracket... though there was definitely no more than like 20 players signed up =/.

I actually know Fool rather well from playing him in tournament. Any time we're in the same tournament we will play each other in tournament, guaranteed...sometimes twice. The one tournament in recent memory I didn't play him (because he wasn't there) I played Minus (best Falco in Canada) in first rount of brackets XD.

I'm just happy that I got like 4 people to think Ness is broken. :D

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
9: AvariceX :ness2:

=/ I could have done a lot better. When playing Fool in Winner's bracket I 0-deathed his first stock in game 1, but then didn't play campy enough, got careless being off the platforms (battlefield), and got chainspiked...twice =/. Against sauc3 I just let myself get grabbed to much... beat his Kirby on RC though.
Good job! Remember, the CG is escapable if you DI up and mash jump (I believe it forces a footstool, but it only works after about 10%). Of course, If you were next to the edge it wouldn't matter. Hey, I see ZedF on that list! I've played him before. How good is he in person?

Encouragement for me to improve...Now, off to the Wi-fi Lobby!

EDIT: Looking back at the results disgusted me, everyone who placed 7th or higher used a high or top tier character. No one knows what this game is about anymore...

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
uh, that's really normal for smash games.

It's always been like that.
Yeah, I know, it's just sorta pathetic.

People don't play with characters they like, they just play with the best ones and hope to win. They can play however they want, but I think it's more fun to be the best with your favorite character than to just be concerned with winning all the time. A bunch of noobs using high tier characters doesn't improve the metagame of those chars at all. I don't main Ness because he's low tier, I main him because he's fun to play. At the same time, however, I also believe he has the potential to become a high tier character, so i work really hard to be the best I can with him. My fun with the game is enhanced by my main goal, so I get more fun out of Smash than the impulse character-pickers in tournaments.

That's what I meant in my post.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
People don't play with characters they like, they just play with the best ones and hope to win. They can play however they want, but I think it's more fun to be the best with your favorite character than to just be concerned with winning all the time. A bunch of noobs using high tier characters doesn't improve the metagame of those chars at all. I don't main Ness because he's low tier, I main him because he's fun to play. At the same time, however, I also believe he has the potential to become a high tier character, so i work really hard to be the best I can with him. My fun with the game is enhanced by my main goal, so I get more fun out of Smash than the impulse character-pickers in tournaments.
well, some people want to win money when they pay about 15 dollars to enter a tournament. I don't blame them for playing Meta Knight or Falco when they're only in it to win. I play Ness because he's fun and because I enjoy playing him. If I win some money along the way, cool. If not, I'll definately live.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
well, some people want to win money when they pay about 15 dollars to enter a tournament. I don't blame them for playing Meta Knight or Falco when they're only in it to win. I play Ness because he's fun and because I enjoy playing him. If I win some money along the way, cool. If not, I'll definately live.
Exactly. I pay the $15 for the knowledge and experience, while other pay it in hopes of making a profit. Both ways are fine, but I feel you get more out of a tournament if you know you did your very best with your character to win (If that character happens to be a top/high tier character, that's just as cool so long as you enjoyed it).

smash64

Smash Champion
The people whose I posted weren't the only people there - there were elimination pools prior to the bracket... though there was definitely no more than like 20 players signed up =/.

I actually know Fool rather well from playing him in tournament. Any time we're in the same tournament we will play each other in tournament, guaranteed...sometimes twice. The one tournament in recent memory I didn't play him (because he wasn't there) I played Minus (best Falco in Canada) in first rount of brackets XD.

did you use DDD at all?

xoxokev

Smash Lord

why do you assume that they're noobs? people win tournaments due to skill and knowledge. not just anyone can pick up a high tier character and automatically win. as it was said earlier, some people play to win. it's a harsh reality, but you have to understand that when entering the competitive scene. and just because people use high tier characters doesn't mean you should be putting them down. no offense, but if you are just going to complain about it, why don't you just use a higher tier character and own everyone. with all due respect, quit whining or go back to 5 stock smash balls on with high frequency. please understand this post was not completely intended to flame you, it just ticks me off when people complain about using high tier characters

1337-Zero

Smash Ace

This is all about these guys, I even posted ANOTHER message for clarification. Not everything I say is wrong people.

EDIT: Missed the part where it wasn't intended to flame, I fail at reading.

Levitas

the moon
This is the ness boards cooling off. I really don't think anyone's about to hold any grudges over something so trivial, anyway.

Nothing thus far was flaming obviously, and you guys are headed in the right direction, but... yeah.

Regardless, I agree with NintenJoe. People don't walk into tournaments to get better or advance the metagame for the most part. It's to win money. If I'm playing to win, I want to be sure to perpetuate every advantage I have, and if that means playing a rather good character, I'll do it. However, we as low tier mains tend to not think along those lines for some reason. Maybe we just like giving our good friends money? I don't know.

That said, every so often, someone is good enough to actually win money and play as a low main. They are weird.

Uffe

Smash Hero

Oh. Well if there were 20 players or more, then that's not all that bad.

Lol, I guess I'm already weird then, but that's why I posted. Weird thoughts about tournaments is all.

Speaking of tournaments, are any Ness players in NY going to the Syracuse tourney on Sept. 20th? They have about 30 people coming already. (I think i already asked this, not sure)
I wonder if VivaTheSaturn is going. He's on this site, but under a different name. I think Mr. Saturn Watch or something. I'll go ahead and ask him on AiB.

MrsSaturnandWatch

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I guess I'm already weird then, but that's why I posted. Weird thoughts about tournaments is all.

Speaking of tournaments, are any Ness players in NY going to the Syracuse tourney on Sept. 20th? They have about 30 people coming already. (I think i already asked this, not sure)
Uffe gave me a call to find you? : O
If you can link me to this said tournament, I'll give a word to my Smash buddy, Minty.

And to Uffe, Ness_Success is moving, beyond where my money can go. He used to live a decent bus ride away, but now I'd have to take a train and a bus to where hes moving in September :< I'd doubt his parents would drive to my location and then go and then back. :(
Jtails, maybe.

A link would be good xD
Speaking of which, how far is Queens from you, Zero?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=245756
It's early, so yeah...
The only Ness mains I know are active is...Jtails xD
Ness_Success is in the process of moving so hes not alive (yet ;) )

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Uffe gave me a call to find you? : O
If you can link me to this said tournament, I'll give a word to my Smash buddy, Minty.

A link would be good xD
Speaking of which, how far is Queens from you, Zero?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=245756
It's early, so yeah...
The only Ness mains I know are active is...Jtails xD
Ness_Success is in the process of moving so hes not alive (yet ;) )
Wish I could go, but 4 1/2 hours is too far, sorry.

Here's the thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=243966

Top Bottom