• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
PK Flash is not even Ness' second worst move in Melee. It actually has uses. Downsmash and downB are worse than PK Flash in Melee, easily.

Now, there is something to be said for uncharged PK Flash, which, has one and only one use: You regret having pressed the B button, but a charged PK Flash (and by charged I mean anything past uncharged) is useful at least a bit.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
You know what would by funny?
If the leaked Image below was real, but since everyone decided that this and the Ness/Jiggly were released together (which they weren't, spoiler alert) they called it fake. But in reality, it isn't.

Whoops.
I don't think Nintendo can top this picture. It's a great deal better than his Brawl artwork, that's for sure.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
If Lucas does not return, then I'd like for Lucas's PK Freeze to be kept as one of Ness's custom moves.

In all honesty, I would rather have Ness kept secret for this game, no reveal, its kind of a tradition to have Ness unlockable and hidden, I remember thinking he wasn't in Brawl, but he was my first unlocked character after 50 matches.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
If Lucas does not return, then I'd like for Lucas's PK Freeze to be kept as one of Ness's custom moves.

In all honesty, I would rather have Ness kept secret for this game, no reveal, its kind of a tradition to have Ness unlockable and hidden, I remember thinking he wasn't in Brawl, but he was my first unlocked character after 50 matches.
Ness is not hidden in Melee.

D

Deleted member

Allright.

In the meantime, do you think ness might get a new final smash if lucas gets in? Because in all honesty I feel as though lucas may get PK starstorm.
I'm hoping Ness gets PK Rockin, which is his signature attack from EarthBound, but it probably won't happen due to it being called something completely different in Japan. then again, Eagleland is a parody of America...

Last edited by a moderator:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I'm hoping Ness gets PK Rockin, which is his signature attack from EarthBound, but it probably won't happen due to it being called something completely different in Japan. then again, Eagleland is a parody of America...
Either way, if Ness's Final Smash were to change....
it better be PK Rock'n. :3

Rhus

We're going top speed!
I would like Ness' recovery to be altered to PSI Teleport and Magnet be changed to Shield B if possible. I think it would be cool for Ness to have a chargeable down B that once fully charged and activated, surrounds Ness in a shield for a short time, giving him super armour on weaker hits (Jabs and tilts, not smashes etc.) and he takes less damage for a time after the activation. Returning damage like it does in the game to those who physically attack him might be excessive though.

If this happens, please retain the sound effect on PK Shield from the game, because that sound effect is amazing.

I think the change would help Ness approach and somewhat mitigate his problems with characters that simply out range him and win solely because of that and Ness' fairly limited approach options (Marth).

If PK Rockin' doesn't become Ness' final smash, at least amplify his present PK attacks as his Final Smash. Make PK Flash bigger and faster, PK Thunder fires several bolts with kill power, PK Fire's pillar explodes and travels much faster etc.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I'd be happy just with his PSI-centered attacks like dash attack, bair and fair getting the PK Rockin' treatment, similar to how Lucas uses PK Love in almost all of his normal attacks.

Those little shiny circles don't resemble any PSI anyone learns imo

Rhus

We're going top speed!
I'd be happy just with his PSI-centered attacks like dash attack, bair and fair getting the PK Rockin' treatment, similar to how Lucas uses PK Love in almost all of his normal attacks.

Those little shiny circles don't resemble any PSI anyone learns imo
So Rainbow prisms and shockwaves on his Fair, Bair, and Dash Attack?

I'm down.

Lolzormatic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lolzormatic
3DS FC
3909-7512-5969
Okay, come on guys PSI Magnet is an amazing move. It's honestly one of my favorite abilities of his.

Last edited:

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026

I doubt PK Freeze would be given to Ness.

Based on how alternate specials work, I could see a PK Flash that charges faster and perhaps dazes enemies like Mewtwo's Disable.

The neat thing about PK Flash is that it effects it could cast on enemies was so random, it could make them cry, make them feel strange, or OHKO them.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
SO my fellow Ness supporters call it a coincidence but maybe its a hint from fate....today on my file of tomodachi life Ness and Lucas just became friends...(plz confirm :sadeyes:)

Magnum_

PM Justice Build Creator
I agree with the new up-b ideas. Even if it's a yo-yo tether for more options, something needs to happen.

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
I really hope Ness gets shown off soon, as my main after Link. It's time for at least one of the Mother kids to be shown (they are the only series that has more then 1 rep that hasn't been shown in any capacity other then 2 items).

Last edited:

Rhus

We're going top speed!
Okay, come on guys PSI Magnet is an amazing move. It's honestly one of my favorite abilities of his.

It is a cool idea and I quite like the move, but it being completely useless in some matchups needs to stop.

Make it do something else to make it not entirely dependent on his opponent's moves. If the gust of wind from Brawl was much stronger and less laggy, it could definitely be used.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ness will be there like always I think. Jiggly and Ness have both had re-occuring instances where they're not shown until very late (if at all) in the game's development but they've still been in since the original so I highly doubt they're in trouble just because it's late in development. :)

As for moves, Ness would be awful with PSI teleport IMO, unless you can somehow think of a way to not make it like Zelda's upB. The thing is, going in the 8 or even 16-directional teleport severely limits him, and although everyone thinks that because he goes in a single direction that it might as well be like zelda's, well that's not true at all due to the mechanics of what happens when he touches the stage in PKT2 (depending on where you have the control stick he can bounce off or keep going which is really useful to know :p).

I wouldn't mind if Final Smashes were different, though one of them certainly needs to keep PK Starstorm (cause it's hella awesome).

I wiuldn't be so opposed to the shield idea if it wasn't for the fact that it replaces magnet, which is basically the reason why Ness is a godlike doubles partner with the right energy-based character (e.g. ZSS, another PK kid, Pit, Mario/luigi, Ice Climbers, etc.).

I dunno, to be totally honest I really just think Ness needs a buffed PK Thunder (that doesn't stop when it hits someone), as well as the whole frame disadvantage off of grab release gone. Those two changes right there would make him a lot better. Then they can buff up his moves like everyone else and he'd probably end up being rather good.

One thing i'd like to see more of is the Yoyo edge-guarding technique. In Brawl, you can abuse the hitboxes of the charging yoyo and actually keep it just off the edge which will guaranteed hit anyone who overstays their invincibility frames on the edge. The thing is, it's a hard technique to pull off consistently (not as hard as others but the game basically wasn't made with it to be a 'thing'). Basically I want smash 4 to have it as a thing, so that Ness can just stand at a ledge and start charging Usmash or Dsmash and have the yoyo hanging off the ledge. That'd be really cool. :D

Sensei

Smash Lord
It would be strange if Ness didn't return as he has been in all 3 smash games in the series. I just want to relive SMASHING people with the Legendary Bat in HD!

ORANGEtheGORILLa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ORANGEtheGORILLA
3DS FC
0387-9268-8964
although if this has never been mention before, they did have this huge virtual console release, so a lot of people know him better. people still hope for say, kumotura, or lucas for a return, they did mention mother 3 in the robot chicken e3 conference stuff. it could be a possibility that paula AND kumatora will be in, for those obscure female reps, imean look, female robin and (marthclone) made it in. anything could happen, POO could be in DUSTY could be in BONEYEVEN. i dought thay tho. Ness will definatealy be in the next game, hope for ICECs too.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
i think nesses smash letter got lost in the mail

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I've started a game on Earthbound for the first time. So far I like the graphics and colors, and the characters are pretty neat. The lack of animation during the fighting is a bit of a bummer for me though.

As for Ness, original 12 and all that. Not a reason for him to return in reality but for me it's pretty important. Already the original game's contents are starting to fade away with each installment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom