• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Video Thread: under new management

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Wow, where are all the Ness videos? The game is out in the US, come on, new vids should be flying in and filled with horrible English voice-acting and slightly nerfed Marths.

I'll be getting my Brawl within the next 5-15 days, my order has shipped!

Hopefully it'll be more within the 5 range.

However, since I am Australian and all, and we DO have the worst internet in the world, I doubt I'll be able to give people good solid matches over Wifi. I will however attempt to contribute by sending people videos of my playing style via the Wii friend code thing. At least if I find any interesting techniques or routines, I'll send a video straight to someone who has the ability to record these things.

And testing out ATs on level 9 computers is fair game this time, right? Since the AI is improved from Melee...

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I want to record matches and show advanced technique stuff, but I don't have the ability to record video.

And every time I play a good match online I forget to record it...T_T.

N.OW

Smash Journeyman

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bnh3JFrWcpY - I died at 18 percent to pikas thunder. Crazy.
good to see Brawl vids from you, I still remember your cool Melee vids :) memories...*sigh*
but! about the thunder. considering the ***-hair short walls on Corneria, how close you were to it, and the fact that you hit the big blast that comes off Pikachu when he hits himself with the thunder...and the fact that you might have been DI'ing away from the thunder, which didn't help matters much when the blast knocked you in that direction...it's not COMPLETELY crazy. What's crazy is that a direct PKT2 blast at...what was it 59%??? KILLED him from the other side of the stage. THAT'S crazy. I guess that helps the fact that it's got such horrible recovery range now :(

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
GGs eariler Waffles

I was trying to test something though. If you didnt notice, I was using bumch of on stage dairs and whiffing a lot of nair and dsmash lol.

And man, Ness can gimp Ness' recovery so well O_o

SenorWaffles

Smash Rookie
yeah you were playing weird so i started trying new things. like before i recorded the matches.

i like how pkt tail stops momentum very classy way to kill someone

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
^^^
It did that in Melee too. IN fact, it worked better. One thing that was actually NERFED in terms of PKT, but at least the higher stun rate combos better :)

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Wouldn't the longer tail in Brawl make doing that easier?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
^^^
its easier, but it stuns them too long now which is why its more suitable for combos now than edgeguarding.
Leave that to Lucas.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Does it matter how long it stuns them for? The purpose is to get rid of their second jump.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Well, the less it stunned, the faster they had to react. It also made them drop vertically much quicker.

I used it mainly to cancel out or throw off the timings of Up+B moves that dont go away after a tailwhip. Sure, you could use it on double jumps, but I didnt very often.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
NONNP: Nice vid. Not enough Usmash, but OH GOD THANK YOU for using both double jumps. I hate watching a Ness that just jumps in the direction he's moving. He has the two different ones for a reason. :mad:

And now a point I want to make in general...

People are using dash attack too much. Ness' dash grab is so good now, he takes that huge step forward and grabs anyone in the range. The reward of a grab is so much greater than that for a dash attack - you can always up-throw for the same combo starting at low percents.

The only thing dash attack has on grab is the disjointed hitbox (considered in tandem with Ness' particular motion throughout the move) and a somewhat better ability to hit opponents in motion or who are fully mobile (normal control frames).

I don't know what you were trying to do with all that PK Thundering. You should have mixed in a direct PKT at least some of the time, and there were occasions when it was guaranteed to connect and I was like . . . :confused:

And one slightly offkey note, I believe a PK Fire jump would have applied at 4:29 (you jumped and got attacked during an attempted PKT2).

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
as someone who's still trying to learn Ness in Brawl, and I'm sure other players who actually want to get GOOD agree with this, unless something cool/crazy happens or if it's a match that would otherwise most likely never happen [like...Azen Vs. Bomb Soldier or something], WiFi vids should not be in a video thread. I don't know if Levitas added any to the main page, but if someone posts a WiFi vid, they should say it's WiFi before people waste time and watch a match that might teach them things that won't necessarily work face to face simply because of lag.

I'm not knocking on those vids or the players; for the betterment of the community and all Ness players, this just isn't the place to post vids that don't offer much information on the char/matchups or insight on how skillful the players are. And trust me, even the best players I know have been made to look like absolute SCRUBS online.

NoNessNoProblem

Smash Ace
as someone who's still trying to learn Ness in Brawl, and I'm sure other players who actually want to get GOOD agree with this, unless something cool/crazy happens or if it's a match that would otherwise most likely never happen [like...Azen Vs. Bomb Soldier or something], WiFi vids should not be in a video thread. I don't know if Levitas added any to the main page, but if someone posts a WiFi vid, they should say it's WiFi before people waste time and watch a match that might teach them things that won't necessarily work face to face simply because of lag.

I'm not knocking on those vids or the players; for the betterment of the community and all Ness players, this just isn't the place to post vids that don't offer much information on the char/matchups or insight on how skillful the players are. And trust me, even the best players I know have been made to look like absolute SCRUBS online.
So just because some people good people are scrubs online we shouldn't post videos? Online we still don't hit PKt2 against the great people. Mindgames still take in effect. Alot of people can adjust to the lag and some matches have barely any lag so why can't we take those in account. Some people don't have the luxury of going to a tourney or play other people IRL. Who are we to not take their matches into account, all matches should be watched because it still shows you how the player plays the game and what their opponent does.

Top Bottom