• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness, Lucario, Jigglypuff Confirmed?

allengator

Smash Rookie
Just a n00bs thought, but if they are playable in SSE, does that mean for sure that they are indeed a character you can use outside of that mode?

If I remember correctly, I read somewhere that some characters will be similar to a companion character in some levels, but not be fully playable outside. Maybe it was a rumor? I have read so many of those that I forgot what was factual, and what was not confirmed yet.

I hope they are playable outside of the SSE, but does anyone else remember that information?

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering did any of the mods actually see it? I just find it hard to believe nintendo would make such a silly mistake :p I'll believe it anyway.

Smash Ace
if this is true (sure as frick seems legit) then this is one hell of a good find.
=2007=
EDIT: does this mean they've axed Mewtwo?

Mr.Kart

Smash Rookie
Interesting enough, this info is actually still "hidden" on the Japanese Wii.com. If you stream the video normally, the icons are hidden. But if you click on specific parts of the video, you can actually see the original with the icons pop up for a brief second. Then once the video starts streaming again, they disappear. Don't know if anyone knew that.

http://wii.com/jp/movies/smashbros-movie1/

^ For those interested in seeing it still at its official source. Just click right on the 4:20 mark on that video and you'll see the icons pop-up, and then disappear once the video starts streaming again. Lol, silly Nintendo trying to cover things up.

Picture Proof that it's "still there": http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/hitmon600/smashconfirm.jpg

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
I don't think people are using their heads here. People are asking "Why did they remove it?" answering that with "Oh, it must be because they caught the 'leak' and these characters hidden." Instead, why not ask "Why did they upload it in the first place?" This seems the much more important question to answer. Them "accidentally" replacing a video that they updating and then shortly removing it after catching it seems a lot less reasonable than someone hacking into the website or something. The whole thing just seems very illogical, and people aren't using their God-given brains to think for themselves.

courte

Smash Lord
man... maybe those lucario haters should go form a club... and those ridley haters... and those ness haters... i love how people "love this game so much" yet hate the very things that make it what it is; unique characters

DragoonXD

Smash Cadet
NNID
DragoonXD
I'd love to believe this, and the evidence seems to support it, but something about the Lucario icon hints fake. I'm very familiar with Pokemon, and the nose seems way to out of proportion like somebody Photoshopped it -.- But, that's my opinion...

If it is real, I'm going to be having an even harder time waiting for this game. Lucario was the lone character I really wanted, and I wanted Jigglypuff to return the most, aside from Mewtwo, whom I think has been axed T.T

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Theres also a picture of one for the Sonic sticker, and guess what... It's JUST Sonic. :p
Poor Panda, No knuckles for you. ^_^.
Personally I'm glad there is no knuckles, but Panda won't be.
And it's good to see Ness back.

solrac_krad

Smash Apprentice
Interesting enough, this info is actually still "hidden" on the Japanese Wii.com. If you stream the video normally, the icons are hidden. But if you click on specific parts of the video, you can actually see the original with the icons pop up for a brief second. Then once the video starts streaming again, they disappear. Don't know if anyone knew that.

http://wii.com/jp/movies/smashbros-movie1/

^ For those interested in seeing it still at its official source. Just click right on the 4:20 mark on that video and you'll see the icons pop-up, and then disappear once the video starts streaming again. Lol, silly Nintendo trying to cover things up.

Picture Proof that it's "still there": http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/hitmon600/smashconfirm.jpg
TRUE!!!
Pause the vid at 4:40 or click in that mark and you will be able to see it, and DragoonXD, it is not the nose, those are actually his long ears

MexicanJuice

Smash Cadet
Oh, wow.

Theres also a picture of one for the Sonic sticker, and guess what... It's JUST Sonic. :p
Poor Panda, No knuckles for you. ^_^.
Personally I'm glad there is no knuckles, but Panda won't be.
And it's good to see Ness back.
****, you're right. No Knuckles in Brawl. Poor SP:(

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I didn't think any 3rd parties would have extra characters... but poor SP anyway D:

This is great news for me, not only am I super chuffed Lucario is in it (I always thought he was perfect for Brawl) but Jiggs and Ness are! They deserve it more than anyone... the original Smash Bros cast MUST return. It's almost as important as Sakurai recovering from a powerful Smash Attack, he MUST.

Evilken

Smash Rookie
Hey

****, you're right. No Knuckles in Brawl. Poor SP:(
How can you be sure of that? I didn't see any evident proof there, did I?
I hope that Knuckles will be there, and there is a little chance, since the Ninja in the metal gear series might be playable, I hope there will be an other character in the sonic serie, ant that it will be Knuckles ^^

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Anyone have a higher resolution pic?

I can't read the Hiragana above the Kanji in that photo, the lettering is too small, and gets too blury when enlarging.

DragoonXD

Smash Cadet
NNID
DragoonXD
solrac_krad said:
and DragoonXD, it is not the nose, those are actually his long ears
Thanks ^^; I was just looking at it from a different aspect. It seemed like all the characters have been facing to the left in the icons, but Lucario was different I guess.

Also, in the Dojo update, it showed on the Cellphone sticker (from Kirby : The Amazing Mirror), the icons for Dedede, MetaKnight, and Kirby. Clearly, it's showing all the characters from that series. Based on that, Mewtwo is definately gone, since Jigglypuff was previously hidden and Lucario would very likely be hidden aswell...so Mewtwo is not in there because he's hidden... I'm thinking this through too much. Mewtwo was my best character and Melee, I hope he's not out, putting aside all possibilities of this being fake.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
today the letter of the day "L"

L is for "Lucas".............L is also for "Losers that actually thought that "up until now" comment mean that Lucas was replacing Ness but apparently that was proven false today"....that only goes to ppl who didn't want him back and believed that" up until now" comment...not to ones one who still wanted him but started having doubts"....my god u ppl who supported the up until now thing were owned in 53874638738758474786480976 ways possible it not even funny....well..it is...but that just goes to show u what happens when u take an English translation of a comment from the game's creator too far....YAY 4 LUCAS AND YAY 4 NESS! :D :laugh:

EDIT: im sorry that was a bit mean...i just got really annoyed by those ppl who said that Ness didnt have a chance because of a comment a few months ago and some thing from 6-7 years agao from the games creator

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
Why would it be pokemon trainer? The sticker is for (psy +8 '?') and Ness and Lucas use Psi-Attacks. and yes, I believe it is Lucario. The video actually looked pretty. :dizzy: maybe I was just to used to youtube quality Brawl vids :psycho:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
L is for "Lucas".............L is also for "Losers that actually thought that "up until now" comment mean that Lucas was replacing Ness but apparently that was proven false today"....that only goes to ppl who didn't want him back and believed that" up until now" comment...not to ones one who still wanted him but started having doubts"....my god u ppl who supported the up until now thing were owned in 53874638738758474786480976 ways possible it not even funny....well..it is...but that just goes to show u what happens when u take an English translation of a comment from the game's creator too far....YAY 4 LUCAS AND YAY 4 NESS! :D :laugh:

EDIT: im sorry that was a bit mean...i just got really annoyed by those ppl who said that Ness didnt have a chance because of a comment a few months ago and some thing from 6-7 years agao from the games creator
Well, it did, in ENGLISH, but it was a poor translation of いままで, as I have pointed out repeatedly on various Ness threads, primarily because there is no English equivilent of "いままで" and "until now" is the closest.

Which just goes to show you, the Japanese site makes the rules, the other sites are just best translations. In the case of any conflict, the Japanese site wins.

Why would it be pokemon trainer? The sticker is for (psy +8 '?') and Ness and Lucas use Psi-Attacks. and yes, I believe it is Lucario. The video actually looked pretty. :dizzy: maybe I was just to used to youtube quality Brawl vids :psycho:
That and, they showed the pokemon trainer's icon, there are subtle differences, but they are definitely there.

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
I don't think people are using their heads here. People are asking "Why did they remove it?" answering that with "Oh, it must be because they caught the 'leak' and these characters hidden." Instead, why not ask "Why did they upload it in the first place?" This seems the much more important question to answer. Them "accidentally" replacing a video that they updating and then shortly removing it after catching it seems a lot less reasonable than someone hacking into the website or something. The whole thing just seems very illogical, and people aren't using their God-given brains to think for themselves.
This stuff does happen.
In a few of my other hobbies the "Official" source has put up videos revealing something that wasn't meant to be revealed yet.

And after the accidental reveal, the "Official" people either try to remove it and pretend it never happened or they give it a proper revealing.

It even happened before with brawl.
When we saw Donkey Kong in ,I think, the E3 video.

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
I think he didn't read the whole article and just looked at the first picture.

edit: sorry double post,
I was hoping someone would post before I did.

ReXXXSoprano

Smash Cadet
Lucas who?

Exactly. The Stat Quo is Stat Quo.

Jigglypuff back with Rest KO's.

And Lucario, 10 to 1 he bites the Mario Finale somehow.

But Ness has saved me from Lucas. I love Mother 3 just as much as anyone else, but in DAT BRAWL, Ness is the PSI Warrior!!! Again I say, Lucas Who?? Exactly what I thought.

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
Kirby King/ Detective Edible said:
more interestingly, the Pokémon universe characters appear when a Pokémon sticker is highlighted, and Ness and Lucas appear when an Earthbound-related sticker appears.
Appearently they showed us by accident all Pokemon related characters even those we were not supposed to see yet. Does this mean Mewtwo is deconfirmed? Pichu, who cares...

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
If this is true , which seems very likely, then we can probably assume luigi + CF return as unlockables like ness + jiggs, (course CF was a given) just like in the n64 version.

But with the return of ness, and seeing as how lucas and ness dang near clones with a few minor differences, I wonder if this could mean the return of falco too.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Picture proof that Sakurai needs to die. Now.
I'm not going to do it, of course (there are spatial differences to consider...). But if my friendly neighborhood deity has any lightning bolts lying around...

Flipinogamer

Smash Cadet
Wasnt there a "prophet" that predicted that Ness is in and Lucario is replacing Mewtwo? When everybody thought Ness is deconfirmed when Lucas came in, they were wrong. It seems Ness is anyways. So, the "prophet" was right. And also, Lucario got confirmed too. According to the "prophet", is Lucario really replacing Mewtwo? And since Ness is in and is a clone of Lucas (or vice versa), does this mean clones will return in Brawl?

btw, who cares if Jigglypuff was confirmed, everbody knew she (or he) was goin to be in anyways.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Wasnt there a "prophet" that predicted that Ness is in and Lucario is replacing Mewtwo? When everybody thought Ness is deconfirmed when Lucas came in, they were wrong. It seems Ness is anyways. So, the "prophet" was right. And also, Lucario got confirmed too. According to the "prophet", is Lucario really replacing Mewtwo? And since Ness is in and is a clone of Lucas (or vice versa), does this mean clones will return in Brawl?

btw, who cares if Jigglypuff was confirmed, everbody knew she (or he) was goin to be in anyways.
WHAT??!?! uhmmm...dude....Lucas and Ness are not clones.....they may have a few moves that similar to each other or in fact the same....but they dont have the same move list...therefore they're not clones....

Top Bottom