• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness, Lucario, Jigglypuff Confirmed?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm still excited....I get to use Ness one LAST TIME! :) And Jiggly f***ing puff is back, and Lucario, the best Pokémon for Brawl IS CONFURMED! zomg1!1!1! [nub impression!] :laugh:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
That is Pokemon Trainer before it's Ness. It's on Groudon, which is a pokemon, and Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Lucario are all Pokemon. It's obviously Pokemon Trainer, not Ness. Good thing, too. Ness is ********.
No, the two sprites are different...

Why would the pokemon trainer have two completely different sprites, especially when relating to a Mother-related sticker?

Azamgi

Smash Rookie
This is excellent! I had always wanted Lucario! And it's nice to know Jigglypuff and Ness are back.

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
No, the two sprites are different...

Why would the pokemon trainer have two completely different sprites, especially when relating to a Mother-related sticker?
The people who are say that that Ness is Pokemon Trainer are probably only looking at the first screenshot.

or they're just trying to mess with us.

CaptainFalco30

Smash Cadet
Ok, I'm seein more than 1 person saying it's Ninten, and not Ness, and that's way too many.

As for Mewtwo not being on the list, I saw a very good idea in the "5 characters per franchise" theory thread that it would only show characters you have unlocked, which actually makes a lot of sense. While the internet will be full of spoilers, ingame I'm sure it would not want to be known whom you still have to unlock, it's just not good gameplay to do otherwise.

So while the stickers do confirm Lucario, Ness, and Jiggs, going on that idea, which I find very plausible, it does not automatically deconfirm other characters.

Zakurai

Smash Rookie
I'm So Happy!

This is excellent! I had always wanted Lucario! And it's nice to know Jigglypuff and Ness are back.
Yeah, Lucario is a very good edition to the Super Smash Bros. Brawl roster. Its also a good feeling that Ness and Jigglypuff are back. For people who think its the Pokemon Trainer, if you look closely at the second picture, its actually Ness. The second picture has the Pokemon Trainer in it. The first has Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, and Jigglypuff, while the second picture has Ness and Lucas. Anyway, I'm glad the three of them are in the game. I am so happy!

D

Deleted member

That's NESS, not POKEMON TRAINER, people!!:grrr:
Reposting my comment on the "It's PT, Not Ness" debate. Believe it or not, there are actually two pictures that Kirby King showed. The one above is one, and the other one is the Lucario/Jigglypuff confirmation.

DragoonXD

Smash Cadet
NNID
DragoonXD
Everybody, I think Mewtwo hasn't been unlocked yet in the picture, I'm sure he wouldn't get rid of such a unique character, even if it's to not overload a single representative (Pokemon).

If anybody has seen the movie in which Lucario stars in, his jumps, his running style, and overall movements are almost exactly like Falco's. Obviously, they would have different special moves, but from what I know about Pokemon, and my often use of Falco, their styles of play would be very similar. I don't know how much they would take from a movie, but I would put Falco's fate in question, instead of Mewtwo. Thought I'd give people something to chew on, other than: "Up until now..." and "Mewtwo deconfirmed"

peytar

Smash Journeyman
A place where no one cares about brawl but me
some of you people are soo stupid why would PT relate to a earthbound character... but enough hate for one day

I bear witness to seeing this online i'm sad they changed it back to where you can't see the heads i just checked and you can't see the heads anymore but yeah it is ness lucario and jiggs

but this further proves dragoon prophet!!! i cant remember his name maybe Chaos Zero??

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Oh no!!!! i just thought of something terrible! =O....in melee Jigglypuff was the only character who can kill Giga Bowser in one or two hits with Rest....but Since GB doesnt even Flinch this time.........*gasps* GB GOING TO EAT JIGGLYPUFF FOR REVENGE! RUN JIGGLY... RUUUUUUUUN!!!! =O

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Mew2King must be happy for this, now his alternative to wavedashing hijinx is viable.

<Mew2King> im gonna pick jigglypuff in brawl and play like mango and do nothing but block, wait for them to do something stupid, then press up and then down B

SlayerOfEvil

Smash Apprentice
Jiggly was a given, Ness is surprising because I believed that Lucas fully replaced him (well I was dead wrong). Lucario though. HOLY M#$#ERF$#@ING ^%$@!!!!

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
This does not kill Mewtwo's chances AT ALL...maybe this player didn't unlock him yet, then why would they show him on anything if you haven't unlocked him yet?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Or maybe you can't equip it to mewtwo. The pokemon highlighted was Groudon which in my eyes is completely opposite from what would give mewtwo an advantage. They said it would only work with certain characters and that doesn't mean it works for say one company something could work for pikachu and not jigglypuff.

Albatoonoe

Smash Rookie
I think you guys are looking at it wrong, no offense.

I think it's likely, judging from event 51 in Melee, that Mewtwo will be a villain, and thus, unplayable. That is, of course, assuming villains aren't playable.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Then why is bowser playable?

I disagree considerably with the whole assumption that SSE bosses will be unplayable in general by virtue of them being SSE bosses, there is no confirmation in respect, let alone villains in general.

Look at Bowser for heck's sake, it's rather obvious that he's a villain in this story.

PilotEvan

Smash Journeyman
Look at the second picture. The 1st photo only has Pokemon characters, but the second (when highlighting Lucas) has Mother characters. That's when Ness is shown with Lucas.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I don't believe that was Ness, I think it was Pokemon Trainer...
Erm...

Ok, then how do you explain two completely different icons showing the same character (not even a different color schemes, just completely different looks).

Heck, look at the pictures, one looks like the pokemon trainer, the other looks like Ness, they have different facial structures.

Albatoonoe

Smash Rookie

I disagree considerably with the whole assumption that SSE bosses will be unplayable in general by virtue of them being SSE bosses, there is no confirmation in respect, let alone villains in general.

Look at Bowser for heck's sake, it's rather obvious that he's a villain in this story.
I think we may be thinking of it differently.

I was saying that they are not playable in SSE.

Kips

Smash Ace

I agree. Since when couldn't bosses be playable characters? In fact, I think it would make them far better for consideration because now they're tied down to the plotline and generally only the most notable villains are going to be able to take the field against some of the strongest heroes that the various game companies can place against them.

SSBBKingster

Smash Apprentice
Are you trying to tell me that rayquaza will be playable? I don't see THAT happening, besides, its comfirmed, all of'm

Top Bottom