• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness is fun to look at

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Just like how no one ever considered Ninten for smash....Wait a second.

Paula...and Ana...POLLYAN-*shot*

Earthbound Zero

Smash Journeyman
Too true. xD

Ana was the only reason I made it up Mt. Itoi, and that was hard.

Loid on the other hand... ):

Btw, 2 more hours till New Years!

MrEh

Smash Hero
Omg wtf that doesn't even look like a beam. It's just like... flashing lights of death lol
It looks like a beam of death if you decrease the size by about 30%. :p

Ana was the only reason I made it up Mt. Itoi, and that was hard.

Loid on the other hand... ):
Mt. Itoi was balls. Without Ana lasering everything, I would've died. Thank god Ninten is like, the most study Mother character ever. (His survivability puts everyone from Earthbound and Mother 3 to shame.) Great for healing and whatnot.

Lloyd is just...yeah.

MrEh

Smash Hero
It's cool a Bowser main knows about EarthBound. :D
Did you guys think I just played Mario games all day? :)

Really, if people haven't played EarthBound yet, they're missing out. Where else can you hear about Fuzzy Pickles? (good times...)

Uffe

Smash Hero
More Ness pictures! I wonder if anybody has an SD card so I can send them pictures.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Lol Ana had like 2 1HKO moves.

For Mt. Itoi

Ninten=4D Slip
Ana=PK Beam/Fire Omega
Loid=Expensive...Spam super bombs >_>

If Ninten were in though, yes his FS would probably be PK Beam :D

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I bought Loid guns. That made him useful. Plus you could get flamethrowers from the BB gang members (imagine a 10 year old with a flamethrower).

Eb series tier list: (if they all fought each other 1 vs. 1, I also consider if they have any special characteristics that they can do in-game).

God tier
Pokey (he smiles innocently!)

Lucas (counter sheilds, heals, and mementos make him unbeatable)
Ness (Better stats than Lucas but lacks a psi counter, items in his game give him an almost unending amount of pp)

Jeff (OHKO'ing bosses , okay attack)
Ana (OHKO'ing everything is amazing, her early game sucks though, very fragile, no rolling hp meter, can heal herself)

~Boderline top: Ninten (very durable and decent in everything, lacks a rolling hp meter and has no offensive psi)
Flint (he definetely would be top if he was playable for longer, can't heal himself, is able to the largest amount of damage ever in the mother series)

Mid
Paula (more durable than Ana, but can't OHKO things, required to beat Giygas, can't heal herself but has a rolling hp meter)
Teddy (he's a monster, but with no rolling hp meter having to rely on somebody else to heal is bad).
Loid (He's a ten year old with a flamethrower, what could possibly go wrong?, no rolling hp meter, is able to use multi hit psi attacks at an almost unlimited rate)
Pippi (same stats as Teddy, but cannot equip knives)
Poo (he's like a red mage but with the best offensive psi in the game, he is able to easily switch between a healer, magic user, and fighter, makes the final boss as easy as pie)
Kumatora (a fusion of Paula, Ana, and Poo, slow, not durable, and is simply outclassed)

~Borderline mid = Salsa (his counter can be used to stall the match).

Bottom

Duster (Imagine if he fought any other mother characters, he would die against all of them except Boney)
Boney (he is only good for items, he has amazing speed, but it's a little known fact that Boney can actually eat healing items he's supposed to give to other characters).

Discuss

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Lloyd was lol in Mother. Seriously he sucked that badly. Mt. Itoi was easier with Teddy on your side if you know what I mean.
Teddy glitch wink,wink

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I bought Loid guns. That made him useful. Plus you could get flamethrowers from the BB gang members (imagine a 10 year old with a flamethrower).

Eb series tier list: (if they all fought each other 1 vs. 1, I also consider if they have any special characteristics that they can do in-game).

God tier
Pokey (he smiles innocently!)

Joke post, but seriously but him in worst than bottom

Lucas (counter sheilds, heals, and mementos make him unbeatable)
Ness (Better stats than Lucas but lacks a psi counter, items in his game give him an almost unending amount of pp)
Ness can counter. Psi Shield has a built in counter ability. Lucas is only better with momentos, but without them, Ness wins.

Jeff (OHKO'ing bosses , okay attack)
Ana (OHKO'ing everything is amazing, her early game sucks though, very fragile, no rolling hp meter, can heal herself)

~Boderline top: Ninten (very durable and decent in everything, lacks a rolling hp meter and has no offensive psi)
Flint (he definetely would be top if he was playable for longer, can't heal himself, is able to the largest amount of damage ever in the mother series)

Mid
Paula (more durable than Ana, but can't OHKO things, required to beat Giygas, can't heal herself but has a rolling hp meter)
No. We can't account her little gimmick with Giygas in with this. Move her down, her stats are lackluster (excluding speed and intelligence) And her psi isn't that great, only a few of them are useable. (shields come to mind. Move her down slightly)

Teddy (he's a monster, but with no rolling hp meter having to rely on somebody else to heal is bad).
LOL, no rolling meters or not, he's a best. Below Anna and Ninten, you can't be more wrong. Ridiculous stats means he outclasses everyone. Psi isn't everything. Items can heal too, don't forget them!
Loid (He's a ten year old with a flamethrower, what could possibly go wrong?, no rolling hp meter, is able to use multi hit psi attacks at an almost unlimited rate)
Move him WAYYYYYYYYYY down, terrible character that needs to be babysat to be decent, items become decent end game but are crap else where,
Pippi (same stats as Teddy, but cannot equip knives)
She doesn't have the same stats actually, their slightly worse. Move her up slightly though, she has good stats.
Poo (he's like a red mage but with the best offensive psi in the game, he is able to easily switch between a healer, magic user, and fighter, makes the final boss as easy as pie)
Ridiculously low, lower than Paula? I mean come on, he outclassed Paula in EB in most possible ways, he should be way higher, BFL is OP with him.
Kumatora (a fusion of Paula, Ana, and Poo, slow, not durable, and is simply outclassed)
Unlike Paula, and Poo she has access to all offensive psi moves, she can naturally heal, and is stronger than Paula, she can't be outclassed, move her up.
~Borderline mid = Salsa (his counter can be used to stall the match).

Bottom

Duster (Imagine if he fought any other mother characters, he would die against all of them except Boney)
-_-. Duster is an excellent character with good stats, decent items and abilties, he wouldn't lose and outclasses many characters. Up for him.
Boney (he is only good for items, he has amazing speed, but it's a little known fact that Boney can actually eat healing items he's supposed to give to other characters).

Discuss

Comments in bold.

Earthbound Zero

Smash Journeyman
I'm so happy right now. x3

Anyway, I think this list makes a bit more sense to me:

Ninten (You can't lose if you can survive basically everything.)
Ness
Lucas

High
Ana
Jeff
Flint
Teddy

Mid
Poo
Paula
Kumatora
Pippi

Low
Loid
Duster
Boney
Salsa

Earthbound Zero

Smash Journeyman
Didn't they originally plan for Ness to return in MOTHER 64? :o

I remember there were screenshots and stuffz.

EDIT:I checked over my old MOTHER savestate, and realized that you were right EB360. (I grinded to 99... :p)

Ninten is more of a tank than Ness. O_o

Flint's usefulness is limited, even if you managed to grind that much, his stats won't be of good use since he'll never get to the boss.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Loid: *throws Super bomb at haters*

We went over this at Gamefaqs. Ness and Lucas can ONLY beat Ninten if they abuse PK Flash. Seriously, Ninten's level 99 stats are broken being 255 in each cept HP and PP. Ness and Lucas will hardly ever hit Ninten, so PK Flash spam is the only way to go.

Flint is the best character in Mother 3. Proven by the experts who do those insane level 1 playthroughs.

Duster isnt so awesome, but I would like to state the fact that his attack maxes out at level 99, making it equal to Lucas. Combined with combos (holy crap, what music will other Mother characters have!?) he can hit pretty hard. He's also a huge HP tank.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
A lot of you are overlooking some very important things. While I admit that I was being stupid in some character's placements (esp. all the mother 1 characters), some of the things recently posted are plain wrong. I'll post my rebuttals in this one huge post. Right now I'm researching all the highest possible stats for all the characters (save for the ****ty ones like Salsa).

I don't believe anybody has done that for Mother 3 yet, so I'll have to do some gamesharking.

Quick Question: What was the best equipment in EarthBound? Please disregard if you can only have one of them in the actual game. Duplicates can be allowed (as long as they're equipable by that person). So far I have:

Ness (Gutsy Bat/ Star Pendant/ Goddess Band/ Souvenir Coin)
Paula (Holy Fry Pan (other one misses to often)/ Goddess Ribbon/ Star pendant/ Goddess Band)
Jeff (Gaia Beam/ Star pendant/ Goddess Band/ Souvenir Coin)
Poo (Sword of Kings/Bracer of Kings/ Cloak of Kings/ Diadem of Kings)

Flying Man, Eve, and NPCs (like Dungeon Man) will not be factored into the tier list. I'm debating what to do with the franklin badge. I also don't know how some of Ana's attacks should be handled (outright death or criticals aren't in any other games >_>;).

Can somebody post the lvl 99 stats for the Mother 1 characters or calculate them using this:

http://forum.starmen.net/forum/Games/Mother1/An-estemate-of-the-level-99-stats

Thanks for the help guys.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Magic Fry pan is better for Paula because shes needs guts more than attack. She shouldnt be attacking much anyways. Jeff should use the Rabbits foot to maximize Multibottle rocket damage output.

I used to have the link to level 99 EB0 characters but the topic was deleted. Just know this.

Ninten has a shatload of HP and PP and 255 in just about every stat.
Ana can become a decent fighter.
Loid is pretty frickin powerful too.
Teddy is lulz.

You forgot Claus. Claus is bottom tier. Same stats as Lucas, but he cant equip ANYTHING and has no special abilities.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I'm so happy right now. x3

Anyway, I think this list makes a bit more sense to me:

Ninten (You can't lose if you can survive basically everything.)
Ness
Lucas

High
Ana
Jeff
Flint
Teddy

Mid
Poo
Paula
Kumatora
Pippi

Low
Loid
Duster
Boney
Salsa
If you go by the games, Ness lacks what he has in the SSB series. Lucas is the same. It's silly, too, that Lucas would learn PK Freeze, especially since from my brother's observation, the males learn PK Flash, while the females learn PK Freeze. Paula, I think, and Kumatora would be an example, and Ness and Lucas learn PK Flash.

I also think it's strange that you would put Paula below. What is the reason? If it has to do with PSI abilities, it seems to me that Paula and Kumatora get better PSI abilities. I don't know why Poo would be mid-tier, since he teaches Ness the ability to teleport. Surely there is something about Poo that would put him in high-tier.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Claus won't be counted either. I saw that topic too, but I can't find it anymore...

I think Paula should be able to attack since if the opponent raises a psi counter she can't do anything except rely on pk thunder or on getting a smash attack. If we allow everybody that can have a franklin badge to have one, she'd be absolutely screwed.

I just wanna say, the reason why people without recovery psi in mother 3 are horrible is due the fact that they are limited to using food that only heals 300 hp. Mother 1 characters are extremely hurt by the fact that the rolling hp meter isn't a feature of the game.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
yes but when you have Ninten and Teddy's dodge stat, you dont have much to worry about.

And remember, MOther 3 HP scrolls SLOW.

If you use Paula's magic fry pan, ur SMAAAASH chances are greatly increased, but do smashes break PSI barriers? I dont remember. Use what u wish, in game, I prefer the MFP.

_clinton

Smash Master
Oh god...

Ness
Lucas
Claus
Giygas
UC

Canon wise...they are on top of everything...of course you guys are going for the whole game mechs use...btw I've made a level 99 EB0 team...it wasn't worth the time...they still can't beat those bloody super robots of doom...also 255 in every stat for Ninten wasn't worth it as well...the max speed for most foes IIRC is like 120...of course EB0's main average level is like 30 something...so whatever...

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Clinton, we're talking about controllable characters that are not like dungeon man and are not Claus.

We're talkling about lvl 99 chars with best equipment and items. I dunno what to do about the franklin badge though.

Ninten, while having probably the best defense in the game, lacks a psi powersheild (making him worse than Lucas) and relies solely on physical attacks.

The fact that Flint is limited to 300 hp heals is a major factor. A lot of characters have powersheilds. All the damage he does is being reflected back at him while at the same time he takes damage from others. Shields also prevent combos. The mother 3 hp meters do scroll slow, but once he gets below 300 hp and is dealt a mortal blow, he's screwed. He's basically limited to healing and hoping that the other person runs out of pp. He is better than every other non psi user though.

The lack of really good pp recovery items in mother 3 also hurts lucas and Kumatora a lot. Earthbound had an item that gave you full recovery (brain full lunch w/ a condiment). Brain food lunch by itself is pretty good too.

Should we factor in pre magicant Ness as well?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Thesage, Ninten did have a PSI Shield. He also had a powershield. PSI Shield and powershields never go away.

Also, I thought about this in some other topic. If people wanted to be ***** to their opponent, they could just wait for their HP to scroll down before they hit the A button to complete their turn.

If that's not a banned tactic, then Mother characters have no disadvantage to the Mother 2+ characters in terms of HP scrolls.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Thesage, Ninten did have a PSI Shield. He also had a powershield. PSI Shield and powershields never go away.

Also, I thought about this in some other topic. If people wanted to be ***** to their opponent, they could just wait for their HP to scroll down before they hit the A button to complete their turn.

If that's not a banned tactic, then Mother characters have no disadvantage to the Mother 2+ characters in terms of HP scrolls.
The hp meter only would scroll while the character is choosing it's moves and while the action is going on. The time it takes for the other to choose its attack wouldn't be factored in. It makes way too many characters trash while at the same time giving Mother 1 chars and Lucas (refresh) a huge advantage.

livan

Smash Apprentice
..a they are very good and you are pretty amazing!!
n_n

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Should PK Beam and PK Fire Omega cause instant death in the style of PK Flash? Because Flash has NO scrolling in any game.

And about the NYE bomb thing, Loid's Super Bomb>>>NYE Bomb
Insta-KO on any and all. If we ban items, Loid, Jeff, and Boney suck.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Yea, I was considering banning them earlier since we don't know how the pendents would protect against them.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Does an Fire pendant protect you from PK Freeze r? That's the only way I can assume. The only pendant worth using in Mother was really the H20 Pendant. Fire was **** in that game.

_clinton

Smash Master
You forgot the Sea Pendant...that was the 1st place body armor in Mother 1...then it was the H20 pendant...

On another note...tiers if characters were true to their games is now locked...I don't get to have fun there anymore...oh well :(

Top Bottom