• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Finder (The original finder thread)

ggPeteQ

Smash Journeyman
Did you just come in to flame Ness? Loser. Respect every character cause all of them have the ability to pwn your ***.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Hahaha p3t3r dont worry about blu and mow...they know how to play Ness^_^

Anyway....I just got back from Anime Expo 2005. They had a melee tournament. 256 people signed up including DSF, ender, and myself. It was a free tournament so it was no surprise that it sucked.

I'll just say one thing about it: Free-for-all

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
After a long delay..

Well I decided to quit playing Smash for awhile. Mostly because a bunch of stuff went wrong in my life all about the same time. Once things started to get better I really didn't feel like trying to catch up with the enormous amount of stuff I have missed on the boards. Still really don't feel like it. Thanks for wondering where I went Killjoy.

Hopefully someday soon I'll decide to play again but until then keep up the good work on Ness guys.

luky

Smash Rookie
hey what up everyone! i am from washingtion, my aim is xcodyx10 if ya want to chat or whatever, keep it real... latez o and of course i am a ness player!!
lol simna.. haha

-luky da noob!

dan smith

Smash Champion
I'm still here. Although now I have a band and a girlfriend and a new hobby.

I will return though, can anybody say....Revolution?

(I'm updating this thread)

NessExclusively

Smash Apprentice
dan smith said:
I will return though, can anybody say....Revolution?
I do believe i can , the revolution is going to be awesome, i will pay any amount of money to download Earthbound Zero, and Earthbound. Plus this is the perfect opportunity for nintendo to finally GIVE AMERICA EARTHBOUND 64. Which if none of you know about it , was never released at all. Howevor , it has been on the top 10 most wanted unreleased games since it was announced. So if nintendo picks up the hints that people want it , they might just include it in the downloadable N64 games. (of course it'd be more expencive , since they'd have to translate all of the dialouge.)

eMs

Smash Apprentice
I play Ness. I went to Houston Monthlies (by FluffyxSama) with him.

Santa Fe, Texas

Lt. Killjoy

Smash Ace
Hey boys and girl (I think there's only one female Ness player here). It looks like we just got a whole bunch of new Nessies! Hell yeah! I'm finally back to playing SSBM, and it's crazy. I've lost all timing with the yo-yo glitch (help!) I can't even hit it once now! Oh, and all of a sudden I can instantly hit my WD's when I could barely pull them off before. What the hell happened to me?!

Nessticle907

Smash Cadet
If there is any cheese left to be eaten after that
Ness player from indian

Hey i play as Ness too, i've been playing him for about a year and a half now, and im actually semi decent thanks to watching videos of people play like Simna and Vileness, oh and Simna's pk thunder guide was awesome, i still love the look on peoples faces when i get them in the yoyo glitch, oh well anyway im from middlebury Indiana, but i just moved into Ball State University as a freshman ^_^ WOO NESS RULES!!!! :laugh:

saZmus

Smash Cadet
I've been getting into Ness lately, I main as samus but I've been watching Nessticle play and I've picked up a few tricks from him. So I don't know if you want to count me as a Ness player.

By the way I'm from Indiana... corn ... everywhere... :chuckle:

VilNess

Smash Champion
Hi dudes!
VilNess is going to New york for 10 days for vacation, kewl huh?
it´s not a smash vacation just a nromal one, but it´s gonna be loadsa fun!
any smashers from new york ;) ?

edit: I´m leaving now and should be there in 24h

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
I have been playing Ness since people stopped playing him. Which would be the day Melee came out. He's in my six player arsenel, and I'm surprisingly effective with all of them.

Alan from St.Louis, MO

Noski

Smash Rookie
Ness was my main character out of the box and up to maybe a couple of years ago. I had to stop using him as my main char in competitive play on account that other characters just own him. On occasion, I'll still use him vs any char tier 3 or below (and sometimes, tier 2)

He's still my favorite to use, though.

-Noski, from Hayward, CA (That's in the Bay Area).

PS. For any of you other Ness' out there, I'm willing to drive as far as San Jose or Sac to smash against other Ness'. It's too rare to see other people play Ness.

Noski

Smash Rookie
Simna ibn Sind said:
Noski: Here is my address just for you: 1831 Maykirk way 95833 Sacramento, CA

My phone number is: (916)FLY-AWAY
You're on, Simna..

I can only play weekends because I've been working 50 hr weeks these days.. I won't be able to play this weekend, and next weekend I'll be going to the South San Francisco smashfest. Will you be going there?

I would have prefered to play you before the smash fest in SSF, perhaps we can do something Friday night after I get off work?

PS. Is that really your phone number?

Dekar

Smash Apprentice
Ness since the start baby!

Dekar - Overland Park, KS

Been playing since the 64 days, pretty much daily. If anyone lives around me im always up for a game :o

Noski

Smash Rookie
Thanks a lot for the games, Simna... I was expecting to get owned by you, but those games were really close. That makes me feel a lot better about my Ness so maybe I'l start using him a lot more.

Yea, i don't wavedash much at all, since i haven't found much use of it in my game (yet). But with practice, I'll find some uses for it.. (Thinking of waveash to bat combo or something). Also, had some really bad PK thunder mishaps that I should have came back from. (BTW, your PK thunder recovery skills are the best I have ever seen).

Athough, I have to say, it did make me feel a little better when my friend Jasai beat you (since my Ness is supposedly better than his). We should play again.. maybe me and my bro will take a trip up to Sac this month or somehing.

I have played a 4 player Ness match before, but I have never played a 2 Ness vs 2 Ness match. That was awesome. We need to do it again (me and my bro will be practicing our Ness'). It was surprising nobody tried to heal their partners at all in this, now that I think about it. I guess it was too fast-paced and too much action going on all at once.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
hahaha yeah....burnt_toast lives in roseville so he's not too far at all

I have to say Ness dittos are not my strongest match, but if I'm gonna be seeing you more often I suppose we will both get better in that respect...I really enjoy fighting Foxes and Falcons though....oh yeah and Ganons and Links and Marths....yeah lol^_^

Ambassador

Smash Rookie
Well I play Ness, but I live in Vienna, Austria, Europe ^^

I only played Ness back in the days of SSB 64, you know, the time where he was a demi-god. awesome throws, smashes, combos, projectiles and a murdering Spike :-)

Now I picked him up again in SSBM: I play several udnerdogs as my "mains", but since I have 4 mains, you cannot really call them mains, can you?

I play Sheik, Ness, IC and Luigi.

dan smith

Smash Champion
Nostalgia

Dekar: I live in Lawrence, KS. Fairly close...but I haven't touched a GC controller in a long time. I don't even own SSB:M anymore.

HEY EVERYBODY! I'm back to update this thread!

Yay!

VilNess

Smash Champion
Hey Dan!
you´ve been on a long break right?
lot has happened since you´ve left, all kinds of weird things with jackets have been found out.
It would be at least nice to see some vids of your Ness even though you´ve retired.

edit: btw. SSBM Ness > SSB64 Ness :)

you don´t need to even pull out a dair to spike your enemy, you can just put on yer spike jacket :laugh: if it were always that easy...

dan smith

Smash Champion
Lurking...

I've been reading some of the jacket info. I know what's happening.

I still don't know where that video of Husband and I fighting is...

At the moment I'm more interested in figuring out how to transfer a camcorder tape to a VHS so that my band can enter the Battle of the Bands.

Life is frantic and short.

xAoS

Smash Cadet
Avid Ness fan from the beginning. Back when EB came out about 100 years ago. Eddie from Puerto Rico.

Nemba

Smash Cadet
HUGE Ness fighter. Sal from Paso Robles, California! I only look for more ways to become the best. Hey dan smith, I just started and all so I probably shouldn't ask so soon...but can I see some of your vid's of Ness in action?

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Nemba...you are about 4 hours from the rest of the CA Nesses^_^ There is gonna be a tournament in Tracy, CA which is about 3 hours north of you. I hope you're interested. Check out the Regional Section for more info. The tournament is called Green Oaks Havoc Tournament 2(GOH-T2).

Nemba

Smash Cadet
Tracy!? Holy crap...that's where my brothers and sis live! I could visit them and play smash. I will talk to my other friends who smash and see if they wanna go up there. Hopefully I'll get this chance to see some true Ness fighters.

Top Bottom