• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Finder (The original finder thread)

Lt. Killjoy

Smash Ace
Hey Dan! Who gave you the title of Best Ness in the Midwest!!! We haven't even battled to the death yet. You can take that title after you step over Matunas's and my cold dead corpses! Or.... after you beat us in a couple games of SSBM. Chose wisely.:skull:

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Yeah!

Corpses!

I think I'll make a trophy for Best Ness in the Midwest and we'll see who ends up with it by the end of SMYM 3.

Maybe a medal...

Lt. Killjoy

Smash Ace
Well, I'd say that the first successful Ness finder achievement was.... well, a success. Anyway, Matunas was great, probably the best Ness I've ever faced. We did, I think, 3, four stock battles, and one one stock. They were all very close, that's all I'll say about them. Anyway, I made a certificate that goes to the best ness in the midwest, it's pretty sweet. Anyway, there definitely need to be more connections as it was really cool to play against another Ness (heck anyone new for that matter). Plus his friend was really cool too. Anyway, I can't wait until SMYM to have the real BNitMW competition. Bring it on Danny-boy! :D

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Yeah. Lt. Killjoy is definetly the best Ness I've ever faced. Ness dittos are wierd. Its all a bunch of wierdly time jumps and people hitting the same move off of each other. I had a lot of fun and wished we had more time to get some more matches in. I'm really looking forward to SMYM and meeting everyone else, especially Dan. We need some more Ness players in the Midwest that we can get together.

Simna if I could get out to California to go to your house this weekend you bet I would. By the way I finally had the privilage of watching your video. Very nice. If someone can utilize all of that combined with Ness's other strengths he could be one of the best. Just a very nicely put together video.

Paranoid Android

Smash Cadet
I had fun playing your ness killjoy! It was fun seeing a different style of ness being used.

We are definately going to have to do this again.

p.s. I know you hate Marth and I am sorry! :)

Lt. Killjoy

Smash Ace
Originally posted by Paranoid Android
p.s. I know you hate Marth and I am sorry! :)
Oh, don't be sorry that Marth is satan incarnate in a video game. Be sorry that you're a slave to the tier system ;) . I'm just kidding, but yeah, we have to do this again sometime. Let the funNESS begin. Mwahahaha me so funny.

dan smith

Smash Champion
I don't actually think Ness dittos are that great...but whatever. I fought a few rounds the other day against Darkrain's Ness. He dosen't actually play Ness but he is so good he does fairly well against anybody. He was tough competition...but we were fairly even. It was better than when he uses Captain Falcon at least...

I will look forward to SMYM 3 though...

Lt. Killjoy

Smash Ace
Sadly, as it turns out, I may not be able to make SMYM. This sucks, but I might have to be studying for my finals that will be shortly coming up. Plus, I'm going to be having a lot of end of the year homework and extra-credit just to make sure I'm passing my classes. I still might be able to make it. Hopefully I can, I'll keep everyone posted.:(

dan smith

Smash Champion
That's a shame Lt. but since you've already played Matunas its ok. It will still give us a vague understanding of where we are at. I kind of want to be the best but at the same time if you guys are better than me...I could learn a lot by playing with you guys.

Eventually I will have some vids going up anyways...

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Okay! I took a poll of my own experiences(lol) and have found the top 3 characters who have overall the nicest players.

1) Ness (Ness players have to be the nicest people around! We are the only group of players who get along with each other well enough to coordinate, experiment, and give freedback to each other on playing strategies. No other player group has done this yet!)

2) Link (Nearly 100% of the upper lvl Link players are very competetive and skilled while kind and unthreatening{good examples are Zarelid and The GERM}. This combination of traits makes them one of the best possible opponents.)

3) Dr. Mario (Simply put, doc players are hilarious. All of the Dic players I have played have always sent me walking away laughing at the things they say after the match or anytime during the day{especially Milk}.

Overall these 3 characters have players that I personally could lose to for the rest of my life and not get tired of playing them.

Any thoughts?

VilNess

Smash Champion
Haha Good one Dan!

yeah Ness players are kinda fun... Yoshi players are kinda cool too.

but I think there are still more fun marth players than Ness´s because there are so many of them there´s gotta be some stupid ones too... and also cool ones. this is just a random guess :D

Gnight

Smash Journeyman
If ya'll need more ness players to add to the list, I, too am a Ness player. *looks at list* I can't belive that this is all the known ness players in the world........ oh, wait, i can.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Should we receive an award?

I looked....and it turns out the ONLY thread in the entire Character Specific section that has more posts the Ness Finder thread and Yoyo Glitch thread is a really old thread in the Link section that has been stickied. I think we deserve an award for having that....considering the yyg thread started not too long ago and the ness finder only a bit before that.

Here are some specifics based on when i took the data:

yyg: replies=211 views=4201
Ness Finder: r=262 v=3329
Garde's Link Guide(stickied): r=592 v=18897
Yoshi Advanced Strategies: r=198 v=4789

Dont you all think we should get a prize?

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace
Simna "convinced" me to submit here so I will

Yeah I'm hardcore Ness player, I live in Lindenhurst, NY (Long Island) I'm 16, I like long walks on the beach. I'm an aquarius -_-

Yeah anyway I'm always available to smash, so drop me a PM and what not.

sauce

Smash Journeyman
I play Ness and I live in Madison/Whitewater, Wisconsin

put me on the list.

Durchlauf

Smash Rookie
So, like, I came back... Hooray...

So anyways, I have pretty much made Ness my main, and to be honest... I haven't really learned much of the smash Lingo, like DI, and MS, and Shuffle (That's the kind of stuff I should know, right?) And I can't really do any of those advanced techniques like wavedashing yet.

So yeah... I wish there were more smashers I knew in my area, Virginia.

SaucyBoy

Smash Cadet
Hey im Mike from Jersey. Middlesex county at home. Wayne at school. Ive been playing ness about a year or so...

VilNess

Smash Champion
yeah Welcome for the new guys! (probably not new to Ness though :D )

remember to always listen Dan S. except when he´s being pessimistic.
Ness players need to be a little optimistic to be able to overcome the odds :D

Lt. Killjoy

Smash Ace
Hey, Matunas and Dan, good luck at SMYM. Both of you better place top 10! Let us all know who the BNotMW is, K?

dan smith

Smash Champion
This is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. My parents are forbidding me to go to SMYM...so I am leaving without their consent.

I am not even going to tell them where I am going or when. I will simply vanish.

If something goes wrong...possibly involving the police...I may not be able to make it, but, rest easy knowing that I am trying my hardest to get there.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
I'm trying to get a hold of my friends right now.. They are going to make me miss teams :(

dan smith

Smash Champion
SMYM 3: Nesscapades are over!

Matunas vs. Dan Smith
Sauce vs. Dan Smith
...and maybe Matunas vs. Sauce?

Matunas is good, it's really cool playing against somebody who actually knows how to play Ness.

Hopefully Matunas and Sauce fought...but Sauce evactuated the tournament early so I don't know. Without the results from that fight we can't get the final standings for the Nesscapades. (I made up this term and I am very proud of it.)

Lt. Killjoy

Smash Ace
Sweet, I'd like to hear those results. Anyway, how'd you all do in the actual tournament? Oh, by the way, did you get caught going to the tourny Dan? Just curious.

dan smith

Smash Champion
I did not get caught...in fact...I managed to trick my parents. They don't even know I went. I was gone for two days and they have no clue that I went to Illinois.

Anyways...I did ok in the tourney. Not as well as I should've though. The guy who beat me wasn't great, I could and will someday beat him to prove the point. I was tired though. If the tournament had been two days I would have done better. It's hard playing ALL day.

I really should have gotten through at least one (if not two) more rounds...but I am content with that knowledge. I don't mind what the results say.

Sigh...

Top Bottom