• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Finder (The original finder thread)

dan smith

Smash Champion
I am not sure if we are allowed to have a thread like this...but we shouldn't let the man keep us down.

Let's be honest...girls, money, school...those things are nice but what you really care about is Ness.

This thread is just a place where all of us Ness players can try to cross paths. I play lots of people from different states but never another Ness player. Never!

This topic will allow us to find eachother and maybe even eventually set up a Ness only tournament to decide who is the best Ness in the world. (unlikely this will happen...)

This list is updated constantly and organized by continent:

Ness Player Locations:

USA:
The Cat Physician - Cordova, AK
Shashin - Mesa, AZ
KABloodysun - Gilbert AZ
Dark_Ness - Glendale, AZ
Glide - somewhere in AZ
AltF4Warrior - Phoenix, AZ
IceCap - Modesto, CA
Yomon - Grass Valley, CA
Plan 9 - Oxnard, CA
Ravman - San Diego, CA
Simna Ibn Sind - Sacramento, CA
Noski - Hayward, CA
nin10do - Cypress, CA
Onigiri - Sacramento, CA
Nemba - Paso Robles, CA
Burnt_Toast - Lincoln, CA
MediocreGamer - Colorado Springs, CO
MasterofFlames - somewhere in CT
CozaMonkey - Cape Coral, FL
Unsung Master - Naples, FL
Galeon - Miami, FL
Gate Everest - Boise, ID
JoEx37 - Chicago-ish, IL
Lt. Killjoy - Stillman Valley, IL
Matunas - Ottawa, IL
Vokuhila - Hammond, IN
Ness_Superfair - somewhere in IN
Joshu - somewhere in IN
SaZmus - somewhere IN
Nessticle907 - Middlebury, IN
tehSANDMAN - South Bend, IN
Dan Smith - Lawrence, KS (RETIRED: Best Ness In the Midwest)
Dekar - Overland Park, KS
Vinin - New Orleans, LA; Chapel Hill, NC; & Freehold, NJ
Slippery209 - MA
Earthbound360 - Bowie, MD
Hova - Randallsville, MD
FraJile Soul - Baltimore, MD
Nightmare KoRn Kid - Baltimore, MD
Bones0 - Jarrettsville, MD
Eci4 - Silver Lake, MN
Zig-zag! - St. Louis, MO
NessExclusively - Joplin, MO
Viking Ness - Manchester, NH
FoxandFalco - Belle Mead, NJ
Reik - Stewartsville, NJ
Treble - Neptune, NJ
The_CheapNess - Lindin, NJ
Crismas - Jersey City, NJ
lilNess - NJ
HaloedHero - NJ
Taxi - NJ
Saucyboy - Middlesex/Wayne, NJ
eMs- Sante Fe, NM
ZMan - Alburquerque, NM
NessPlaya - Poughkeepsie, NY (seriously...Poughkeepsie?)
Bluchu - NYC? somewhere in NY anyway...
Perfect Akuma - Bronx, NY
evo1ution - Brooklyn, NY & Hampton MA
ultVgamer - New York City, NY
Mood4Food77 - Sloatsberg, NY
Alejandro_P - Lindenhurst, NY
Noe3 - Plattsburgh, NY
Heaten - Columbus, OH
Deus - Portland, OR
FXGoul - Portland, OR
TheCape - Carlisle, PA
Hollistergurl (Aubri B) - Philadelphia, PA
UmbreonMow - somewhere in PA
BrokenBokken - Harrisburg, PA
Raek Ness - Philadelphia, PA
Aegis - Newton, PA
DF2K - Greer, SC
Slimscane - Summerville, SC
TridenT - Knoxville, TN
Psi - TN
DokturSea - Katy, TX
LonelyNess - Flower Mound, TX
Alucard258 - Dallas, TX
Sintenal - Kingwood/Lubbock, TX
Zulu - Crystal City, TX
3.14159 - San Antonio - TX
JesusFreak - Austin, TX
FatHeadNessyBoy - Dallas, TX
Gnight - Huntsville, TX
PsiFlameMaster - Fortworth, TX
TaruRDM27 - Chester, VA
Durchlauf - VA
Drik Khaail - VA
Who Am I? - somewhere in VT
Luky - WA
Majora 731 - WA
Sauce - Madison/Whitewater, WI
SimaMatt - Jonesville, WI
D33K - Neenah, WI
ChibiJosh - Wheeling, WV

Peurto Rico:

Bubbleman_Nsider - Utuanto, PR
xAoS - ?, PR

Canada:

UnknownForecast - Halifax, Nova Scotia
pkmvodka - Montreal, Quebec
Klingon - Vernon, British Columbia
SwordmasterZero - Brunaby, British Columbia
TyrantX - Sylvia Lake, Alberta
Flan - Waterloo, Ontario

South America:

Pacific Islands...?:
teh_P3t3r - Guam

Europe:
VilNess - Rovaniemi, Finland
Kid Ness - Manchester, UK
Shoe - Holtum, Limburg, Netherlands
FinNess - Aanekoski, Finland
Ijuka - Sauvo, Finland
Mike_UK - England of course.
Great Bob - Trondheim, Norway
Ambassador - Vienna, Austria

Africa:

Asia:

Australia:
Parvus - Australia
Darkwing SykeDuk - Queensland, Australia
Myst Walker - Melbourne, Australia
TerraScythe - Melbourne, Australia
Chronos Rainbow - Melbourne, Australia
CAOTIC - Melbourne, Australia
NESSBOUNDER - Queensland, Australia?

Near Australia:
GrimNZ - Auckland, New Zealand

Where are You??

Edit: Alphabetical by location, with no attention paid to user name.

For a comprehensive listing of all Smash players take a look at the Global Smash Compendium: http://www.smashwiki.com/wiki/GSC

VilNess

Smash Champion
Yeah, I´ve talked about this with Simna at DC++

I dunno. I got to play the melee first at 2002 and I started with Ice climbers, because their smashes were just godly.
Then I moved onto Ganon, luigi, Doc, GW...
And I had no idea of SWF. I kept Ness as the wimp boy of SSBM and kept from playing him and thought he sucked. Well once I tried to play him and liked his style. i still didn´t know anything about SWF or tiers but I learned many tricks with Ness by myself.
When I started playing Earthbound it made it all. Ness was by far the coolest guy on the whole SSBM and what made me really play him was the part in EB where Ness is alone in another world. I defeated some bad guy and earned like 100000 ex. (about) That was the part I remember best from EB and I always wanted to play Ness from that on as my main.

Nowadays Ness is still my main and by far my best character. He is definetly underrated and when you come over his weaknesses and learn to use his strenghs to its max we have got a pretty darn good competitive char.

I like that he´s underused. He requires much understanding and technical skill and precision with thunders and such.
My Ness is almost all about timing.

oh yeah, I live in Finland :D

Myst Walker

Smash Apprentice
Melbourne, Australia

I'm a more recent convert to the competative scene, I've been a Ness fan and player right from SSB on the 64. Sadly, I STILL don't have my own cube, which has been largely my main restricting factor in upping my Melee game, but I aim to change that come tommorow (woo, finally enough cash), and start getting into what few tournaments that can be organized in this lonely island all the way down south (Australia =p), or at least get active on the competative smash scene.

Friend recently introduced me to the SWF, and I've been catching up on alot of reading in the past few weeks, and am only now starting to post now that I have some more confidence in understanding how things worked (Biggest help was actually finding a glossary of terms...it's not the problem of not being able to performed discussed moves on the board, but finding out what on earth a 'sex kick' and 'meteor smash' actually meant and looked like on screen =p)

It's good to see some Ness dedicated fans around regardless of how much people think he sucks! I know my friends say I'll never beat the top tiers with a Ness, but I aim to try =p. Ness as main all the way!

And great idea dan smith, might I recommend editing your post to include a list of all the players and their locations if this thread ever got to a moderately large size? It'd be easy then to do a quick recheck if anyone wanted to do so on where everyone lived and if any other ness players lived close by to them.

Of course, it's only a suggestion for later, there sadly might not be enough of us Ness players to warrant needing that...for now. We must work to put ness into the spotlight and grab more fans, fumi style! =p.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Originally posted by Myst Walker

It's good to see some Ness dedicated fans around regardless of how much people think he sucks! I know my friends say I'll never beat the top tiers with a Ness, but I aim to try =p. Ness as main all the way!

*** YeAh!^_^

VilNess

Smash Champion
Yeah I hate when people think "oh no he´s a low tier he can´t beat those top tiers!"
It´s simple, just be a better player than the other guy using top tiers! You´ll out-mindgame them, get some grabs and fthrow the heck out of them (since all of the topsies are fun to edgeguard with NESS!)

Say Fuzzy Pickles!

dan smith

Smash Champion
Good idea Myst.

I will most definatly add a list to the first post. That's a great idea...

I had no idea you lived in Finland VilNess...that's a ways a way...and Australia. Geeze, this Ness tourney will be a lot harder to engineer than I had previously thought.

What you said, VilNess, about simply being better than your opponents who use Top Tier characters brings up something my friend ANTX mentioned to me today. He was like "You got third out of 40 people at the Omaha tourney with Ness...if you used Fox...think how much better you would have done!?"

Isn't that a tempting idea? Once you get GREAT you will finally be able to beat GOOD people who use Top characters. Why not use a top tier character and start competing with the GREAT players. It is all a matter of will, it was a nice comment for my friend ANTX to make...but in the end, Ness is more fun. Isn't that worth it?

The fact that he is underused is a great thing in my opinion, it helps make up for some of his disadvantages. Nobody knows how to fight a good Ness...the people I played in Omaha had never seen a good Ness. It gives you an edge, obscurity is a bonus many people overlook.

Oh, and I also got into Ness because of EarthBound, after playing many characters. Besides SSB:M, EB is my favourite game.

I have so much to say, I had a very exciting day.

I played with Vidjogamer and Pyrogamer today, they flew into KC to visit with people. I lost to Pyro's Falco in both of our two matches...but it was close. He has played Joshu, who you may know was until recently a very prominant American smasher, he has since retired but his last few months of Smashing he devoted himself to Ness. He was a good smasher and placed 17th in a national tourney with Ness. Fairly good for a tournament of about 100.

I am probably blowing this out of proportions, and if Pyrogamer reads this I will be embaressed, but he calmly said that I have a better Ness than Joshu.

This and the fact that, so far, nobody else lives NEAR the midwest: make me feel comfortable with claiming the Best Ness in the Midwest title.

VilNess is probably best in Finland. MAN...if you showed me a map...I couldn't even find Finland probably. How many smashers are there in Finland?

Keep on posting, is there anyway I can make this thread a permanent part of this board? Like the lighthouse voting thread is permanent?

If you read this entire post, I am suprised. I need to learn how to be more concise, I rant like a mo-fo. Non stop...all the time.

I apologize emensely.

VilNess

Smash Champion
I´ts pretty hard to determine what´s good char and what´s not... IMO

while Ness seems to suck he definetly has great possibilites to different kinds of fakeouts/mindgames.
I prolly wouldn´t stand a change with Ness if i didn´t rely on my fakeouts and whatnot.

There are like 3-4 four smashers in Finland that use those advanced techniques, and there are quite many like my bros... Who play it for fun but are still decend at smashing. I practise against them quite much.

i´m not sure am I the best and I kinda try to keep off of those topics, since it usually ends up trashtalkin (the UK way) and makes people angry.

And I play for fun too. I have hard time imagining some people play chars only because they´re ranked high. Sure if you like fire emblem and like playing with a total arrogant guy then why not play Marth? but there are some that think they´re forced to use those uber charrs only cuz they´r current metagame makes them do very well in tournies.
I don´t like playing marth at all and have mostly left him... I mean basicly, you can slash with your sword. Next move: A sword slash, WHOA! what about b-moves?
slashing with sword! YEEAH! aerials? sword! YEESH!

boring!

So why not play Ness? He gets good if you can pick on your opponent´s habits and doesn´t lack in Power nor speed!
And winning with Ness is always rewarding! especially the part when he jumps and nods to audience at the winner window.
And definetly the coolest char in the game :)

Glide

Smash Ace
I play Ness, but not nearly as dedicated as you guys. He's my "Have fun and mess around with people" character. I'm in Arizona in the United States though; so no meeting you all for me =P

Definitely agree on the cool factor though. There's very little that's more satisfying than landing a PK Flash for a finish.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
MasterofFlames(best Ness period)- somewhere in Conneticuit

Bluchu- NYC? somewhere in NY anyway

Joshu- somewhere in Indiana

Sintenal- Kingwood/Lubbock, Texas

Zulu- Crystal City, Texas

Me- (a recent addition, but I can't get enough of Ness. He's too much fun. And his djc is perfect. Not too slow (Mewtwo) Not WAY too fast (Yoshi)) Austin, Texas

Ijuka

Smash Ace
I don't play him as my main, but he comes as a close secondary, so... Oh, I'm from Sauvo, Finland and Dan Smith, VilNess is from Rovaniemi, Finland

Mew2Matteo

Smash Cadet
Mewtwo's djc too slow? Pot dipped in formaldehyde is bad... but I think you're still smoking it. :******:

I'd like to see Master of Flame's Ness. I bet it's like Aniki's Link (not that great) :eek:

VilNess

Smash Champion
Originally posted by Ijuka
I don't play him as my main, but he comes as a close secondary
So where did you leave your Marth, Falco and Bowser ? :p
or did you mean SSB.

yeah we seem to have more Ness players than I thought.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Originally posted by Mew2Matteo
Mewtwo's djc too slow? Pot dipped in formaldehyde is bad... but I think you're still smoking it. :******:

I'd like to see Master of Flame's Ness. I bet it's like Aniki's Link (not that great) :eek:
LMFAO!!! Well his isn't really that bad, but Ness' is better.

BTW that's goin in the Sig. XD

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
Ness is too much fun, I actually use Ness in tournies unlike some other supposive "ness players" *looks at Zulu and MasterofFlames*

i got 5th at a tourny in Dallas with Ness, im definately considering usin just ness at moast 3 for **** and giggles and the fact that ness rocks so much

NESS RAWR

dan smith

Smash Champion
Ness everywhere.

There are a lot of Ness players that don't post much...and YES, look down upon those "Ness players" who never bring him to tournies.

If I go to MOAST, I am most definately playing ONLY Ness. Represent.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Saw a vid of VilNess' Ness...vs. his brother...looked like fun...wanna play....**** u, distance!

I think...if i could just play....VilNess....Bluchu....and CJ's Ness I'd be satisfied....but i'd still go looking for more players^_^

VilNess

Smash Champion
Ill be happy to play just anyone of you in america :)
though america sucks as a political country...
Back to topic.

Sintenal: You have my support for Ness in tourney! I a
have actually seen your Ness against Diesuperflys Falcon, and while he 2 stocked you had some good things against the spandex man :)

Dan Smith you should definetly go to moast to kick some *** with Ness! People jsut don´t know what powers this boy possesses.

dan smith

Smash Champion
Buck fush.

Yeah, I am not too happy with the way things are going in America at the moment. I plan on moving away someday, maybe to Finland!....

I have no doubt America is going the way of Prussia...from glory to obscurity.

ANYWAYS...I wish I could get myself on video and upload it onto DC++. I am not that good, I would get stomped at MOAST...but it would be nice to be seen by the Ness community.

Darkrain...a KC guy (very close to me) records a lot of himself...because he is really good. I always forget to ask him about helping me set up a recording system though. Oh well, I will try and figure something out.

FUZZY PICKLES!!

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
i do have me vs my friend Silas with Ness, but I didnt bring that comp home with me :(

if you really feel the need to see another vid of my Ness, go ask Dr DrewtheDragon(thats his AIM sn)

that match with DSF was one of my first tourny matches ever with him though, i did alright i guess, i beat his Marth with Luigi then lose to his sheik the last match :(

dan smith

Smash Champion
I am furious '0_0'

I just got an iPod...but it only works with MacOSX. My father refuses to use X on this computer...so maybe I will buy a new iMac (the one with the swivel screen) and get X on it. If I can get MacOSX I will be able to download DC++. (FINALLY...)

I will try and get that vid from Drew also. Thanks...

VilNess

Smash Champion
Yeah I got some practise against my older bro today, who played Y.link and marth today. It was really cool playing against a different style than I usually have played. Too bad I didn´t videotape them :(
but it was fun playing against a projectile spammer and a swordman which were both totally different style :)

Yeah, I´d like to see your Ness, Dan! If you like cold winters and hot summers you might like Finland. Oh and our education level is very high and human rights are very close for both sexualitys.

FatHeadNessyBoy

Smash Rookie
im here

Hey i'm new in town on these forums, but i have been a ness player for a long time...live in the dallas fortworth texas area...and i've been pleying ness since ssb 1. Anyness going to moast3? ANyway hes a great character...

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Re: im here

Originally posted by FatHeadNessyBoy
Hey i'm new in town on these forums, but i have been a ness player for a long time...live in the dallas fortworth texas area...and i've been pleying ness since ssb 1. Anyness going to moast3? ANyway hes a great character...
You're a friggin' genius...seriously. You made a new word: anyness. I'm gonna use that one.

D

Deleted member

the best Ness is Zulu. He likes forward airs and bat alot and edge guards with dash attack. Yummy.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Zulu never uses Ness anymore. Only by request and only in friendlies. IMO, MoFo>Zulu. And I haven't even seen MoFo in person.:crazy:

dan smith

Smash Champion
Yummy indeed Umbreon Mow.

Dash attack edge guard is fairly hard to time.

Welcome new Ness player! (to the boards)

Dallas is a very convenient location...look for me at MOAST... (I will be driving 15+ hours)

Anyness...

Fuzzy pickles!

FatHeadNessyBoy

Smash Rookie
moast

Sweet! I hope to see some really good ness playing there...Especially you Mr. Dan Smith. (15 hours! thats devotion).
Wow im excited...prolly been getting 3-4 hours of training a day. Been reading everything on here, hopefully i'll do alright.

Went through that dc++ thing trying to get it to work on my computer so i can see some other nesses in action, but after a few hours of trying i just gave up on dc++, file sharing isn't my thing anyway. So maybe if anyone knows of some other nessy sites? If not...at least i'll have an orginal style for the tournament...

Anyway....im jazzed and excited about it all...

P.S. just a random side note i know shffl'ing is a king of moves, but does anyone like to djc pressure drop fair L cancel for the extra sparkles instead...imo it does about the same...maybe it's a physcological element/fakeout with slight swing jumpand the sparkles...

fuzzy pickles?--mix between a pickle and a peach...hmm
sounds good as long as i dont have to get my stomach pumped

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
While I admit 15hrs is 5 times what I have to drive from Austin, it's nothing comapred to coming in from Holland. :p And I'm glad you're coming dan. I should hope to play you. (and discuss politics:mad: )

ANTX

Smash Ace
dan smith and i shall be playing the the car, to practice beating mr. freak in dem DK and Ness dittos.

p.s: i play ness.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
My MOAST Satellite is in Ft. Worth...and it's next tuesday...and it's teams/low tier...>.>

Check out the Chrismahannukwanzikah thread

dan smith

Smash Champion
Antx should go back to the DK board and start a DK finder...

PM box? I shall....eventually.

I hope to play you all at moast, I need to practice.

Pressure dropping a Fair? Very handy, more spacial coverage.

ANTX SUX

EDIT: I hate low tier tournaments!!! I won't play in that one...teams is where it's at! (Ness = best teamate? I think so)

Top Bottom