• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Finder (The original finder thread)

tehSANDMAN

Smash Apprentice
Simna ibn Sind said:
sandman....your location reminds me about how i didnt make it to FC3.....now im gonna start crying...
im sorry, didnt mean to bring up such a touchy subject.
hmm im pretty sure it was that tourney i went to. i played a ness ditto and beat the guy twice. it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. although i hate ness dittos because the "ding!" gets annoying after a while

Haloedhero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haloedhero
3DS FC
4957-3994-3545
Hmmm... yeah, I don't know who you fought, if it was the same tournament. I didn't play another Ness. The only other Ness I saw there was on my team. Unless you mean the one on one tournament, in which case I didn't see another Ness at all except for the guy who'd been on my team the week before.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey, I live in Phoenix, Az. I've been running Smash Bros. (Melee) Tourneys for some time now. Pretty much ever since the game(s) have been out. I used to live in Phillipsburg, Nj. I'm friends with HaloedHero so Reik it's funny we never wound up meeting huh? I've been running the Atomic Comics tourneys here in Phoenix, so if you've been wondering who that guy was who terribly mispronounced your name in front of everybody there, it was me. (for which I apologize with moderate sincerity)

Ness is definately my main, but in 4 player matches I like to play gannondorf a lot too. I would say my playing style is all about timing and out prioritizing my opponents with well selected moves. My Ness doesn't cover a lot of ground comparitively with other characters, but he's wickedy agile within his short hopping and wave dashing range. Fear the yoyo glitch...

Other characters I use include DK occasionally, Samus, Ice Climbers, Pikachu, and a light smattering of Marth (yea... I know...)

SimaMatt

Smash Journeyman
I live in Janesville, Wisconsin, and Ness has been my main for a while now. I'm still learning how to use him efficiently, but he's extremely fun to play as ;D. I love characters like Ness that are under rated, hah. I haven't attended any tournaments, and I doubt I ever will, but I find it fun to play as him.

HK-47

Smash Journeyman
I'm a "New" Ness in some senses ive played ness since the N64 days but have recently been trying to make Ness my secondary in top tier tourney play as a total surprise but yea Im in the US glad to see im not the only freak who loves Ness ^__^ great board guys!!

Neenah, Wisconsin

RaekNeSS

Smash Cadet
I use Ness every chance I get. However, my friends normally make me play as someone else since when I win their excuse is "Ness is cheap". But I still use him and he's definitely my best char.

Onigiri

Smash Rookie
wuttup guys. another ness player here. originally from san jose, california. just moved up to sacramento california. yes indeedy another nor cal nesser. gotta love that sparkle sparkle :laugh:

Onigiri

Smash Rookie
haha dood i checked it out, i live like 10 minutes from ur house. im just offa 80, the greenback exit. im movin on tuesday tho, but only a few minutes from where i currently am. the problem is i havent had a cube for like 2 and a half weeks, and my skills are gettin rusty haha.

Shashin

Smash Apprentice
I am a Ness player, though I forgot to post here. I'm not that good and would like advice (Thanks in advance goes to Simna Ibn Sind)

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
I just joined, so I might as well post here first.

I play Ness, and he's my main man (or kid. :) ). I live in Glendale, Arizona, and I'm currently looking for some good human players to help improve my skill.

My top 5 favorite characters (First 3 are my best in order) and their reasons:
1. Ness (What's NOT to like besides the fact that good Marths easily **** most Ness players most of the time? His recovery is hard, but AWESOME when mastered, his aerials can **** most players with the DJC, he's FASTER THAN SHEIK ("rumor" has it), and he has awesome priority. He has tons of variety and many different styles of play. Overall, he's just FUN. I love playing as him most of all.)
2. G&W (He's just fun, and he goes well with Ness.)
3. Pichu (He needs respect, and I'll give it to him. Plus, he's cooler than Pikachu.)
4. Mewtwo (The most similar player to Ness, he's also the coolest Pokemon EVER. :) )
5. Roy (He may be very similar to Marth (Who happens to be BORING for me to play), but at least he has fire to back him up! I like fire. :) Plus, he doesn't have a cheap sword, and I hate using cheap characters.)

I read the Ness forums a LOT before joining, so I have a small taste of what the deal is here.

dan smith

Smash Champion
Welcome fresh meat, I'm the lazy updater, later tonight I'll add you all to the master list...and I might even organize it.

What do you guys think, should I organize it alphabetically by Name? Alphabetically by Location? Or by how cool I think your username is?

I'm late for a smashfest, peaceout.

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
Nice.

dan smith said:
Welcome fresh meat, I'm the lazy updater, later tonight I'll add you all to the master list...and I might even organize it.

What do you guys think, should I organize it alphabetically by name, alphabetically by location, or by how cool I think your username is?
That's good to know you'll be adding some more Ness peeps to the list.

Oh, how 'bout by how cool you think our names are? That ought to be interesting. :)

GrimNZ

Smash Rookie
woah, took me like a month to notice this thread.. Auckland, New Zealand! gotta have someone here to put those Aussies in place..

Vinin

Smash Rookie
<--- Currently at school in New Orleans, louisiana -- I most likely will be going to school in Chapel Hill, NC next semester
I am the only ness player I know in Freehold, NJ

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Doesn't MoFo live in CT or something? Last ime a heard he lived there.

Also, what color of Ness does everyone play? I play yellow Ness aka Gangster Ness aka Charile Brown Ness aka Bumble Bee Ness aka the coolNess aka the Ness whos's hat makes his head look larger than it already is Ness.

:ness:

I still am in Alburquerque, NM. >_>

Also, Ness and Roy are good mains.

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
This thread's gotta get updated soon. >.<

Everyone in my sig is a good main for many. Ness is my best, G&W is just cool and fun, Pichu's overlooked and can catch off guard, Mewtwo's the coolest Pokemon ever and Roy's not Marth (My reasons for choosing characters).

Oh, what color? There isn't an all black and red costume, so I go with the classic Red. :ness:

dan smith

Smash Champion
Hours and hours and hours...

It took me hours and hours, but I updated and sorted the list.

Everybody who was added, congratulations, you have entered an elite group.

Where are all the Ness players from Africa?

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
Can you add me, please!!! He's my BEST character & I'm a die hard Ness player ...Without the die part.
OnYourMark - From Honolulu (in Salt Lake... NO! Not Utah!), Hawaii

Viking Ness

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry to report that I've changed my primary to Peach. I'll always remember my time spent playing with a little boy!

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
Viking Ness said:
I'm sorry to report that I've changed my primary to Peach. I'll always remember my time spent playing with a little boy!
Hey, you don't have to stop playing Ness! If you're gonna make Peach your main, at least keep Ness as a secondary. Who knows? Maybe you'll still own all this way!

Top Bottom