• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Boards got some issue.

Phillyfanboy

Smash Apprentice
Man, these boards are dead. No wonder his metagame has not got any better. Ness players please come back and help these boards...or someone.:urg:

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
TBH there just aren't alot of Ness mains...

Im looking to pick him up for LT events tho :)
Good man. He's a fun main but he has so much stuff against him it's hard sometimes.

If it makes the boards feel any better, I'm new and a Ness main?

Phillyfanboy

Smash Apprentice
So since there aren't alot of Ness mains, I hope thats why he is so low. I just recently switch to him after a few lil phase I had with him early in the games life. So aside form his over the top gimpable recovery and the grab infi that Marth has with him, what are his weakness turning people away from him?

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
So since there aren't alot of Ness mains, I hope thats why he is so low. I just recently switch to him after a few lil phase I had with him early in the games life. So aside form his over the top gimpable recovery and the grab infi that Marth has with him, what are his weakness turning people away from him?
I'm no expert but probably fear of the low tier, bad recovery, easily gimpable, lots of grab releases against him, bad matchups, priority weeknesses.

Maybe those things.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I couldn't tell if this was a joke topic or not. I was almost offended. Anyway, there are people here. Some of us aren't fortunate enough to skip class and save the world from Giygas. In other words, people have school and work, so you can kind of see why it'd be fairly dead. But believe it or not, we're still alive.

Phillyfanboy

Smash Apprentice
As I hoped. I have school..I still mange to lurk. Geuss I drop some threads, might spark a discussion.

mobilisq

Smash Ace
ness is super fun but i have a job and friends and a life outside of video games so its mostly just friends ***** that i kick

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
No wonder his metagame has not got any better. :
Trust me i've been here before the release of Brawl, i we have tried viamently to find new USEFUL stuff, but to little or no success. From things like IMO the useless pk jump, to magnet stalling recovery, to the OMEGA death project, to EIDI, that doesn't work, to potential footstool combos, we've found lots, however not much of it is very useful or practical. Ness is best used hopping around and spaming aerials. and bthrow.

Yubi

Smash Cadet
I started posting on this Ness boards like a week ago... I've been trying to post at least once a day by contributing all the little stuff I know and experienced. I agree with Phillifanboy though, this boards can't die!!! :-p

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
IM TRYING TO GET ACROSS THE USEFULNESS OF PSI MAGNET AS A WHOLE, BUT SO FEW PEOPLE BELIEVE ME!!!! ITS REALLY GOOD IF YOU KNOW HOW TO USE IT!!! PKFLASH TOO!!!! I have some possibly true combos with PKFlash (uncharged) as a starter, but i can't test or ensure that they are... PSI Magnet's wind property is really useful if you can judge the right time to use it, and it also has a couple of other aspects to it that make it awesome.... -.- Ness could slowly but surely go up.... I have a semi-"Guide" Made for PSI Magnet on AIB that is more of a collection of things that PSI Magnet wind can do that I as well as other people have been doing, but not consistently enough... EX. If snake is holding a grenade for a long time, run up using PSI Magnet and if you are lucky you get the wind to halt him and get a free attack...

I have school, chess team, work, and math team, so I'm booked! I want to go to a tournament in chicago on november 21 though....

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
They are dead, for a clear reason.

Most of the high/tourney players have quit.

Also. It's brawl, there's nothing to talk about when it's brawl.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
@ EagleI on earlier page: I'm one of those few people ^_^

Definitely school. I haven't played smash in 6 weeks. Oh, and also Kingdom Hearts. Blame that too.

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
Rawr! I should start posting in these boards, considering I almost use Ness 24/7, and I'm even a female. Or we should find the Ness mains who don't post here and GET THEM TO ABSORB HIS AWESOMENESS. :lick:

Seriously, we should revive these boards. Even if there aren't too many Ness mains.

Phillyfanboy

Smash Apprentice
A single tear falls from my eye, I look around with grim determinate and scream "Lets do it" Lets Revive these Boards!!!" First up a New Guide with up to date info and pics. Maybe a new matchup thread. Ohh and add a social thread to talk about school and all the stuff that comes before Ness and his metagame.

CarVac

Smash Journeyman
At my school we have at least 3 ness mains, but I'm the only one on smashboards so far as I know. Anyway, our school attitude is "work hard play hard" so we fit in brawl (or other activities) if ever possible.

tankzortz

Smash Apprentice
I guess ill start posting here since i have a lot of time on my hands usually.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
My friends and I are starting up a brawl club/crew at our school, so I guess I have more time... But Monday through Thursday are all eaten up by after school activities... :( work Saturday, hw Sunday, back through for a second wash cycle...

TRAMD

Smash Cadet
Heh . . . you guys think school is busy. Try a full-time job as a physician, a wife and 3 kids. I had SOOOO much free-time in school and played a lot of Half-Life and Quake 3 then. I averaged 19 credit hours per semester to get a double Math/Physics degree with a 3.88 in 4 years and worked part-time and still had TONS of extra time. I guess if you are in high school with a ton of activities and an early curfew I could see having little free time but there is no excuse in college. There will never be another time in your life when you will have so much freedom and so little responsibility as college.

Another subject ... one of my favorite Ness set-of-moves is grounded DAIR to UAIR to attempted tailwhip-PKT2 (only hits about 20% of the time but totally worth it when it does).

I also don't post more because I suck. I can barely beat my friend's Toon Link and Lucas with Ness even though I play him 80% of the time but I can switch to Marth and dominate him with little practice.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I have little time now.

Also I'm the only girl Ness main I know. I only know 1 other real one...but he converted to Peach. At least these boards talk about our character and know what we're talking about. I'm not going to name any of the boards but there's definitely some that are just bad.

Meccs

@Meccs_
Ness is a wicked fun character to use and pretty unique (see: PK Thunder), which is pretty much what keeps me from dropping him (and Lucas) for Pikachu. Well, those, and the need I feel to try to help poor Ness's metagame progress (even if I can't :p), and the fact that the MOTHER series is amazing.

After my last tourney I just pretty much gave up on competitive Smashing, though.
It's not much, but I always remind myself that the best brawler in the Colchester, CT
area* kicks *** and takes names with Ness :p

But then I remember that the area in question is a town in the middle of nowhere, and I lose at tourneys (not real bad, but I still lose).
At school everyone's like "wow, Chris is too good at this game, it isn't even fair" and tell me to lose on purpose and stuff and just stop playing so other people can win. It feels pretty good. :p

*To my current knowledge. The only other person that can sometimes beat me is a Wolf main :p

Phillyfanboy

Smash Apprentice
Basically, I'm going back to Lucas, not cause of the broads but because Ness is kinda boring to play correctly all you can do is spam his aireals. Plus last two days I went back to Lucas, I did well (I also play Snake and Marth). But, I'm going to play Earthbound (Mother2) today, so I'll get my Ness fix. I'll stay lurk here tho.

Top Bottom