• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEOH Melee Friendlies

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
This thread is now to be used as a checkpoint to organize Melee friendlies/smashfests with me (or anyone else in this thread) throughout NEOH. If you're interested in a friendly, PM me with a message and a way to get a hold of you and we'll make the Melee happen.

King~

Smash Champion
well well well

we could host NEOH tournies but the other regions dont come up so they just tend to be small locals, this can be improved somehow

i was running a "monthly" till two weeks when i moved and NEOH destryoed my hopes in a few hours, but i believe someone is gonna try and get a replacement series going in my abscence hopefully it rivials TYMs and not Step your game ups.

btw are you new, have we met and a local before?

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
There is a NEOH thread.
It's right underneath this one!
I have seen this thread, and I like the idea for the listings of the NEOH players, but it's not getting to the point. I'm trying to actually make something happen.
well well well

we could host NEOH tournies but the other regions dont come up so they just tend to be small locals, this can be improved somehow

i was running a "monthly" till two weeks when i moved and NEOH destryoed my hopes in a few hours, but i believe someone is gonna try and get a replacement series going in my abscence hopefully it rivials TYMs and not Step your game ups.

btw are you new, have we met and a local before?
Mmk. Well, I'm originally from Twinsburg and I know of a few people who'd probably play in Melee tournies, and since I lived up in Akron for a year, I was able to meet a few friends from Canton who also play competitively. Tony (Skyson on the boards) lives up there, and I know of at least 5-6 others who would like to join in.

I can't say I've met you though. If we have met, it was either at A) A local Brawl tourney in Akron where I just brought up my Melee disk anyways, B) At a Melee tournament in Sandusky, at Colossal Con, or C) At either Tony or Andrew's house. Otherwise, I really don't know too many people off the boards, since I usually am too busy trying to improve my game or dealing with the "real" world. I'm not new though, have been playing the game casually since it first came out, then started playing at a competitive level around 2-3 years ago. I main Marth (obviously) and have a decent Falco/Falcon/Ganon, with most other characters as subs.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Quite ironically enough, I work out in Canton, on Portage Street.

A list of people I'm sure would be attending the tournament if possible:

Tyler
Tony (Skyson)
Zach
Andrew

These who follow would come if I can get Tony to get a hold of them:

Nick
Dave
Chase (Minty ?)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
It hasn't even been a month, give the other thread some time to build. We're taking baby steps to ensure that our efforts don't just flop like the rest of everything NEOH tries. First, a player directory to show who's around and how one can get a hold of said person. Second, a category for tournament/smashfest listings that will build as more venues are found and more series are started. Third, dividing attention away from NEOH's primary thread gets nothing done, especially if it is just to ask for ideas on how to get something started when the process is already underway.

I also don't recommend an immediate focus on both games. Brawl should come first seeing as the Ohio Melee scene's numbers have dwindled dramatically; then when attention, interest, and attendance from the Brawl community reaches the desired amount, it will serve as a solid foundation to branch out a bit into the inclusion of other games during events.

Baby steps.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Actually...the NEOH thread is planning a smashfest and a general meetup at the moment. Plus, Sole has already put out info for Test Your Might X. Some of our main issues are actually acquiring venues and finding times that work for everyone to be able to have a tournament. So just check in the NEOH thread from time to time. We're workin our hardest, i promise ya! ^_^

EDIT: Woah ninja'd by KB. Basically, what he said.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
It hasn't even been a month, give the other thread some time to build. We're taking baby steps to ensure that our efforts don't just flop like the rest of everything NEOH tries. First, a player directory to show who's around and how one can get a hold of said person. Second, a category for tournament/smashfest listings that will build as more venues are found and more series are started. Third, dividing attention away from NEOH's primary thread gets nothing done, especially if it is just to ask for ideas on how to get something started when the process is already underway.

I also don't recommend an immediate focus on both games. Brawl should come first seeing as the Ohio Melee scene's numbers have dwindled dramatically; then when attention, interest, and attendance from the Brawl community reaches the desired amount, it will serve as a solid foundation to branch out a bit into the inclusion of other games during events.

Baby steps.
I disagree. I used to help direct tournaments in Twinsburg when I have an interest in what's taken place, so when I start my own topic away from your original thread, it's because I know what I'm doing, and I want to get it done, in no offense to you of course since I've read the topic and have seen that you along with others have taken the responsibility to even begin organizing this......system. Like I said previously the fact that you guys are getting people listed from NEOH is good, so we'll start there. However, you shouldn't just immeadiately exclude the rest of the series only because Brawl is just the main game right now. Not only does it look like a lack of effort from the caretakers, but it won't help those who are interested in other games, such as myself, at all. To whoever started the thread originally, since I can't remember at the moment, start by listing off who is interested and willing to play within NEOH, followed by subcategories of which game. That way, we'll have a wider spread and a more organized form for what we're trying to accomplish.
Actually...the NEOH thread is planning a smashfest and a general meetup at the moment. Plus, Sole has already put out info for Test Your Might X. Some of our main issues are actually acquiring venues and finding times that work for everyone to be able to have a tournament. So just check in the NEOH thread from time to time. We're workin our hardest, i promise ya! ^_^

EDIT: Woah ninja'd by KB. Basically, what he said.
Same goes to you, since I remember your name in the same thread. Less Poopchat and more focus on the task at hand.
lol how ironic is it that your from Twinsburg lol, i just moved form Twinsburg to chicago

probly not then
What is your name? I actually grew up in Twinsburg, so I might know you.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
We collaborate quite a bit over AIM and PMs as well Dempt, so don't take everything that has gone on within the NEOH thread as the only present activity, although it is meant to be a social as well; if that's what you're implying, that is. I don't pay much mind to how a temporary singular focus would make us "look" because I'm already aware of what it is that made our scene dwindle to begin with, we were all spread out too far, both in location and interests at the time.

Our goal is garnering attendance for the majority preference, since numerically speaking it is the most logical route to take. Including more games from the get-go will not help the situation as is, although I understand why you might want to try that approach. Players will show up to the events, but more than likely will continue to stick with whatever game they are intent on playing in the first place, which does nothing for NEOH's pitiful attendance rate for any respective game. However...the Brawl scene right now is plentiful and has a huge pool of players from MW:E, MW:W, and EC to attract and draw from on a short-term basis if the correct steps are taken, so our (being me and Lokii) focus will continue to be about the development of our NEOH scene into a Brawl tournament hot spot, because it's something a number of us have been craving for a long time. ITT gave us a taste of it with TYM, and we want to continue his effort. Please excuse the rather sentimental ending there. xD

Again, I don't see the sense in creating multiple topics to achieve the same overall goal. If anything, I recommend you designate the title to your preferred game in order to avoid confusion and perhaps we can discuss a collaboration effort once a solid base has been established from both fronts. I simply don't believe in trying to branch out too early.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Then I'll have to see how many Melee Smashers I can gather, because that'd be the game I prefer.

I'll go ahead and change the thread name for now and work from there.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Eh. Too late now. if we're going to do this by sections, then whatever. Hopefully people will actually respond.

solecalibur

Smash Master
It would be better if we had one NEOH thread but Melee and Brawl have to be in the title for newcomers

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Yeah......half the time I don't always think **** like this over before starting it up. I just do it and work with it as I go along. But I truly would like to see others contribute.

4% APR

Smash Champion
If it's in NEOH, minty and I will be there for sure. Maybe a couple others, maybe not. I'm sure impp and steve wold make it out from parma. If we actually want semi decent numbers we have to convince drephen to get off wow and get cbus up here.

I could probably get kitty and his boys from warren to come out too.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
I've totally heard about you before.

Minty = Chase? Pretty sure it is.

And that sounds fantastic. We have people, we have Melee, and we have setups, we just need to figure out a place to put it all.....

Cerviche

Smash Cadet
If I had a place I would be more than happy to have a tourney. I've been trying to figure out how to get it all to work for years now.

Having some info on how to make it clean, safe, and fun would help out. I have no idea how it all works.

4% APR

Smash Champion
I've totally heard about you before.

Minty = Chase? Pretty sure it is.

And that sounds fantastic. We have people, we have Melee, and we have setups, we just need to figure out a place to put it all.....
yea chase is minty. That's been our problem for a while now

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Even if it isn't at someone's house per say, like rent a place out for a nominal fee for the day. Or if someone has a big enough place that would be able to accomodate all the people who want to enter.

One of the people I was talking about who might want to play has a decent sized house with lots of downstairs area and a good TV to boot. He might not be able to do it though cause I'm not entirely sure if he moved back to Cali.

KittyMW

Smash Apprentice
haha 4% is correct we warren boys are looking for people to play and will travel as long as we are given notice and 4% we neeeeeeed to play man we all got better.....again so id like to see if ive actually gotten better or im just blowin some steam so i wanna play ya and see if i still get **** das hard lol

alsoif people are willing to travel to warren i can start hosting tournies again, but i hate hosting and then having only like 10 people show 3-4 of which i bring so step it up and i will def start hosting plus im introducing a bunch of kids into the melee scene right now and they are enjoying the change of pace maybe i can get a few to stick with it

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Warren isn't all that far out from me so hook me with an area code and I'll come. I'm also looking for friendlies too during the week, so if you're ever bored, lmk.

4% APR

Smash Champion
Everyone needs to go to Test your might. If we want to revive ohio melee people have to be willing to come to tourneys.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Andrew Gregg's house. He had a little Smashfest with You, Chase, me, Tony, Zach, and Quinn. Nick was there too but he didn't stay as long as everyone else.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
I barely even talk to the kid that much but I can get a hold of him if we ever wanted to. I didn't like his house though....... so cluttered with jank ;x

Did Flip (Justin) talk to you about Wednesday Canton Melee?

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Me and two friends were practicing for tomorrow earlier today. Tomorrow should hopefully be 5 - 6 people. Dave, you wanna join in? It happens a little after 5 if anyone else is curious too.

Blue Rogue, are you Nick?

4% APR

Smash Champion
Me and two friends were practicing for tomorrow earlier today. Tomorrow should hopefully be 5 - 6 people. Dave, you wanna join in? It happens a little after 5 if anyone else is curious too.

Blue Rogue, are you Nick?
I cant today, but maybe next week :]

Top Bottom